PDA

View Full Version : Back off Manu!!

Rummpd
03-01-2005, 07:43 AM
Re Manu:

On other threads he is being dissed - come on stop the brain lock.

Without him Spurs not even in position to win period and his pass last night on a tip from above the rim to an open Spur for 3 was a thing of beauty. He was continually going hard at the basket and made some absolutely sick shots etc.

Stop the hate, day in and day out he has been clutch in 4th quarter situations (how many times have we all seen him make 5-6 Fts in a row in the closing minutes) = a couple of off nights at the end does not diminish the historical truth.

Manu rules.

rr2418
03-01-2005, 08:04 AM
Yes indeed Rum!

Manu creates opportunities for himself and his teamates. The opponent still hasn't figured out to stop him, and as long as that's happening, Manu will keep on scoring or find the open man.

Duncan21
03-01-2005, 08:15 AM
its only because he had one bad game, but everyone has a bad game at some stage

smeagol
03-01-2005, 08:34 AM
Fans can be stupid sometimes. This also applies when people diss Tony. Two amazing players locked up for the forseable future and people bitch.

Go figure!

Useruser666
03-01-2005, 08:43 AM
But why is Holt so cheap that we can't keep Brewer?!!

kskonn
03-01-2005, 09:35 AM
But why is Holt so cheap that we can't keep Brewer?!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

vanvannen
03-01-2005, 09:41 AM
I've got a question. As I don't get to see all the games I have to go by the box scores. I really love Manu and I think he will be a main factor in giving this team along with Timmy and Tony a couple more rings.
It's just that by the box scores it seems that he is a turnover machine. My question is, are those turnovers mainly mistakes or does it have to do with his teammates not being ready for some of his crazy passes, or maybe for trying too hard???

Why in the name of God why does he make so many turnovers? :depressed

orhe
03-01-2005, 10:24 AM
I've got a question. As I don't get to see all the games I have to go by the box scores. I really love Manu and I think he will be a main factor in giving this team along with Timmy and Tony a couple more rings.
It's just that by the box scores it seems that he is a turnover machine. My question is, are those turnovers mainly mistakes or does it have to do with his teammates not being ready for some of his crazy passes, or maybe for trying too hard???

Why in the name of God why does he make so many turnovers? :depressed

he turns it over (well for this game) while he was trying to attack...
manu has a bad (TO wise) game when he passes the ball and turns it over...

he has a normal game when he turns the ball over and someone slaps it (not because its crowded) but someone just hacks at it =)

fonzy16
03-01-2005, 10:29 AM
IMO pop should rest manu, put barry in more, maybe even in the startinglinup for a week or two.

T Park
03-01-2005, 11:48 AM
Manu looks whipped.

If the Spurs couldve had any cushion in the western conference, then I would say IR Ginobili for a 2 week period.

But, the problem is, theres so many games, and alot of key ones, its almost like he cant afford to sit out.

Ballcox
03-01-2005, 11:56 AM
We have a guy named 'Manu' on our team? :lol :lol :lol

respect the 'fro :fro

MaNuMaNiAc
03-01-2005, 12:19 PM
You know, there's a saying that goes "one never knows what one has until its gone". It happened with Malik, who everybody dissed for his mistakes while he was here, and then missed his passion when he left. Now it turns out they're doing the same shit with Tony and Manu. Give these guys a break man, everybody has some bad games, noone is perfect. I think some Spurs fans are just a little too fucking critical and should STFU and wait till the end of the season to pass judgement.

TMTTRIO
03-01-2005, 12:25 PM
^I agree

Solid D
03-01-2005, 12:43 PM
Manu was pulled off the ball once (by Snow) and dislodged from it once last night.

One stat line says it all about what Manu was trying to do last night.

14 FT attempts.

smeagol
03-01-2005, 02:04 PM
One stat line says it all about what Manu was trying to do last night.

14 FT attempts.
Agreed.

Last night, Manu's game was not that bad. He had a quiet first three quarters (only 6 pts) but came back strong in the fourth with 11 pts. Two of his four TOs were in that last Q, when trying to attack the basquet. Both were good plays by the defender.

His only weakness was FTs, something he excels at, specially in crunch time. But he hit some decent shots and gave BB a nice assist which, IMO, was what, together with Tim's shot, saved us.

Therefore, Sequ :flipoff

boutons
03-01-2005, 03:20 PM
"14 FT attempts."

Yep, excellent effort, and measure of the type of game he plays.

And btw, if any idiot has anything to say about Manu's testículos, he was the ONLY Spur to shoot a FT in the 4th qtr. He took TWELVE FTs in the 4th.

smeagol
03-01-2005, 03:30 PM
And btw, if any idiot has anything to say about Manu's testículos, he was the ONLY Spur to shoot a FT in the 4th qtr. He took TWELVE FTs in the 4th.
Don't use spanish words, boutons. The ignorant bigot you are referring too will not understand.

Rummpd
03-01-2005, 04:23 PM
It is not even the most commonly used Spanish word for those - hint it begins with a C in Spanish!

boutons
03-01-2005, 04:52 PM
"ignorant bigot you are referring to"

Where TF do you people dream up this shit that you "quote" me on? I said nothing about "ignorant bigot" (not they are absent from this forum :) ).

"It is not even the most commonly used Spanish word"

snif. You choose you words, I'll choose mine, Mr. Vocabulary Policeman.

It's close enough to the English to be recognizable by more than just those who know the c-word.

smeagol
03-01-2005, 05:39 PM
boutons,

You said:

And btw, if any idiot has anything to say about Manu's testículos, he was the ONLY Spur to shoot a FT in the 4th qtr.

And I thought you were referring to the idiot I'm quoting below.

You wouldn't see Kobe Bryant's nuts shrivel up the way Manu's did last night.....

That's why I said:

Don't use spanish words, boutons. The ignorant bigot you are referring too will not understand.

Because that fool, WBoM, is an ignorant bigot who does not know how to speak in Spanish.

Do you get it now?

boutons
03-01-2005, 05:44 PM
WBOM?

IGNOREd for months.

td4mvp21
03-01-2005, 06:19 PM
everyone else says he shouldn't have been an all star. its really annoying.
they always complain about how our guards travel all the time. they dont travel more than anyone else in the league. shaq does the most.

SequSpur
03-01-2005, 09:00 PM
If Manu can't play a full NBA season without crying then let him play for a lottery team. He could go 82 and back home.

slayermin
03-01-2005, 09:06 PM
I don't think Manu gets enough respect. If he did, he would got to the line 12-15 times every game like Showbie and the Spurs would be unbeatable.

E20
03-01-2005, 09:09 PM
If Manu can't play a full NBA season without crying then let him play for a lottery team. He could go 82 and back home.
Around 90% of all the super stars whine including your suck off partner Vince Carter.

SequSpur
03-01-2005, 09:12 PM
Manu is not in the same category as a Vince Carter.

He's at least 3 categories below.

E20
03-01-2005, 09:15 PM
How many minutes does VC play?
How many shot attempts does he take?
How many times does Jason Kidd give him the ball when Jason Kidd is open for a layup?

SequSpur
03-01-2005, 09:24 PM
E20,

Back off the emotion and wake up.

Sincerely,

SequSpur

E20
03-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Here's the emotion in words from me to you:

Said rollin 'round, sittin on dubs
Countin' the hours, I was high on shrubs
Coolin in my Escalade
Man I'm paid, I got it made
Take me to your special place,
close your eyes, show me your face..............

I'm gonna piss on it

SequSpur
03-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Nice.