PDA

View Full Version : Blazers' Fernandez Voted To Dunk Competition

Spurs Brazil
01-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Blazer guard Rudy Fernandez will go up against Dwight Howard, Nate Robinson, and Rudy Gay after the Spaniard beat out fellow rookies Russell Westbrook and Joe Alexander in fan voting, according to a report by The Oklahoman.

“It is what is,” Westbrook said. “You want to win, but it’s out of your control.”
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/56679/20090119/blazers_fernandez_voted_to_dunk_competition/

lil_penny
01-19-2009, 02:16 PM
im not sure how rudy is going to do, ive never seen him do any crazy dunks.. i mean out of the 2 other rookies he is easily the best at alley oops but thats not really the same.. hes either going to surprise alot of people including me.. or look like chris anderson haha... either way if all it takes to win this contest is puting on a cape and doing a glorified lay up then maybe he does stand a chance lol

BWS-1994
01-19-2009, 02:17 PM
I was hoping for someone besides Nate...

dirk4mvp
01-19-2009, 02:26 PM
It's time for some Gay! Gay's easily the best dunker in the group considering Howard won it without actually dunking, Nate took 20 minutes, and Fernandez hasn't done any "wow" dunks this year.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
01-19-2009, 02:51 PM
alexander would have been a better pick

lil_penny
01-19-2009, 03:46 PM
It's a great opportunity to go to All-Star and maybe show to the world I'm a good dunker," Fernandez said. "I think it's possible that everybody will be surprised by the good dunks from me."

hopefully he can surprise us all.. ive seen some of alexanders dunks and was pretty impressed. not so much with westbrook though. i voted equally for rudy and joe though haha

Red Hawk #21
01-19-2009, 05:18 PM
I wanted Westbrook to make it...

Pistons < Spurs
01-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Fernandez was my least favorite of the 3. I'm still very surprised that he won in the voting.

Cane
01-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Well, I for one think the Dunk Comp will be a showdown between Superman and Gay and perhaps Fernanadez (especially if someone goes the costume route and ones up 'supe). Nate I think will just botch a lot of attempts which will hurt his score.

lil_penny
01-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Fernandez was my least favorite of the 3. I'm still very surprised that he won in the voting.

He's been number 1 on sports center and nba.com for at least two of his alleyoops.. wich are both pretty sick.. so lots of people voted for him because of those.. plus many spaniards did also. I think joe is a lot more creative and though he was gonna win also.. but I guess we will just have to see what rudy has up his sleeves

Darthkiller
01-19-2009, 05:54 PM

well he is the best player of the 3 and is the most popular

Matchman
01-19-2009, 06:03 PM
white men cant dunk, plain and simple. they just dont got the hops to do it. this is as rediculous as the Yi guy got into the allstar game.

lil_penny
01-19-2009, 06:04 PM
white men cant dunk, plain and simple. they just dont got the hops to do it. this is as rediculous as the Yi guy got into the allstar game.

Brent barry!!! If I remember dan majerle use to have some pretty sick ones also

Spur-Addict
01-19-2009, 06:10 PM
alexander would have been a better pick

gaKNOW!blee
01-19-2009, 07:45 PM

I guess you didnt see Alexander hit his fucking nose on the rim.

dirk4mvp
01-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Chase Budinger will be in the NBA for no other reason than to be the white guy in the dunk contest.

sonic21
01-19-2009, 07:49 PM

he's in your team, his name is brent barry

IiXVIFuQnQM