PDA

View Full Version : F'ing NBA.com

The_Worlds_finest
01-19-2009, 02:15 PM
get your fucking shit right, anybody else getting the "please tune back in during regular broadcast hours" seems to happen to the spurs almost every other game

Spurs Brazil
01-19-2009, 02:18 PM
get your fucking shit right, anybody else getting the "please tune back in during regular broadcast hours" seems to happen to the spurs almost every other game

Spurs Audio League Pass SUCKS big time this season. It never works.

I already told that to sputsdotcom and he said he'd contact the league

ClingingMars
01-19-2009, 03:20 PM
yeah i've gotten that a few times, not this game though.

-Mars

DynastyBuilder
01-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Audio league pass and broadband league pass are both working fine for me...

ManuTastic
01-19-2009, 03:52 PM
I'd say nba.com is incredibly badly run. Back in November, right after I ordered league pass broadband, I was getting a lot of blackouts for Spurs games. I live nowhere near TX, and these games weren't on nat'l tv. So I used their "help center" to report the problem. And it wasn't just an email into the void; it actually opened a problem ticket in their system, which I could check back on.
I didn't hear anything from them for TWO MONTHS.
No joke, just a week ago, in January, I got an email saying thanks for contacting us, blah blah, try clearing your cache. Freaking unbelievable. I wrote back that they had the worst customer service on the planet, and that the problem had cleared itself up after I wrote (it did, somehow) or I would have canceled the subscription long ago.

Dear nba.com, please get your broadband act together. Like, e.g., how about the ability to pause a game? Maybe even skip back 30 seconds to re-watch a cool play? You know, basic shit like that? So fans can, I don't know, enjoy the game more? Ever heard of that?

Austin_Toros
01-19-2009, 06:09 PM
you would think that the official basketball league website would be up to scratch- but it isn't.
even when viewing box scores and using that courtside live scree there are errors: parts of the play by play don't fit on the screen etc. etc.

Rogue
01-19-2009, 08:08 PM
NBA.com was blunted several years ago by a heck who is already in jail.

braeden0613
01-19-2009, 08:21 PM
I've been pretty satisfied with league pass broadband so far, but one thing that annoys me is how you have to actually click and watch a game to see how much time is left. Sure you get a graph, but knowing that the game is about 5/16th done doesn't help. Its the same on the nba.com home page.

Spurs Brazil
01-23-2009, 08:57 PM
This shit not working again

Knowbody
01-23-2009, 09:26 PM
I know why.

spursdotcom
01-23-2009, 09:48 PM
We have contacted them again about this. Sorry all, it's frustrating to us as well.

Spurs Brazil
01-23-2009, 09:48 PM
We have contacted them again about this. Sorry all, it's frustrating to us as well.

Thanks for the help

BlackSwordsMan
01-23-2009, 09:55 PM
move to san antonio
problem solved

duncan228
01-23-2009, 10:03 PM
LP Broadband isn't working well for me tonight. The first quarter it had the Bulls feed, they fixed that but it's freezing for me constantly.

spursdotcom
01-23-2009, 10:09 PM
move to san antonio
problem solved

Agreed!

:toast

:rollin

ClingingMars
01-23-2009, 10:23 PM
ALP fails again.

-Mars

dougp
01-23-2009, 11:12 PM
This non-HD shit is pissing me the fuck off.

fyatuk
01-24-2009, 01:14 AM
No joke, just a week ago, in January, I got an email saying thanks for contacting us, blah blah, try clearing your cache. Freaking unbelievable. I wrote back that they had the worst customer service on the planet, and that the problem had cleared itself up after I wrote (it did, somehow) or I would have canceled the subscription long ago.

On the plus side, if it cleared up on it's own and you hadn't done any upgrades or anything, than it probably WAS a cache problem and whatever it was finally got overwritten due to limited space.

Not that there's any excuse for how long it took to get back to you though.

Obstructed_View
01-24-2009, 05:51 AM
I've gotten four Schoening called Spurs games this year on ALP.

lurker23
01-24-2009, 05:02 PM
I agree that NBA.com is a poor website. Other than the other previous complaints about Audio League Pass and League Pass Broadband (although I've generally had success with the latter), there are two other major issues that I find greatly annoying:

1. Their gamecast is horribly behind. Whenever I want an updated score and gamecast, I have to go to espn.com. Usually the NBA.com one is about a quarter behind.

2. They don't have a mobile version of their webpage. Both mlb.com and nfl.com have beautiful mobile pages that I can access on my iPhone, but nba.com does not.

Edit: That's not to say that I can't get to nba.com on my iPhone, just that it's identical to the regular page. Plus it uses flash, which doesn't help.

Spurs Brazil
01-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Audio not working again

Great job NBA.com :tu

senorglory
01-25-2009, 08:05 PM
I'd say nba.com is incredibly badly run. Back in November, right after I ordered league pass broadband, I was getting a lot of blackouts for Spurs games. I live nowhere near TX, and these games weren't on nat'l tv. So I used their "help center" to report the problem. And it wasn't just an email into the void; it actually opened a problem ticket in their system, which I could check back on.
I didn't hear anything from them for TWO MONTHS.
No joke, just a week ago, in January, I got an email saying thanks for contacting us, blah blah, try clearing your cache. Freaking unbelievable.

Same scenario here, except their initial, and only, response, after two months or so, was a stock response email asking, "Has your BLACKOUT COVERAGE issue been resolved. If not please contact us again describing your BLACKOUT COVERAGE issue." I live in freakin' Hawaii. I'm 3000+ miles from the nearest arena. Clearly they are not following the normal tv network blackout policies.

It also doesn't seem to be an oversight, but it's impossible to determine the broadband blackout coverage, prior to purchasing the package.

spursdotcom
01-29-2009, 11:23 PM
After many hours of contact with the league... I believe audio league pass has been fixed. At least it is working for me.

Just wanted to pass it along to everyone. http://www.nba.com/broadband/alp_schedule.html

duncan228
01-29-2009, 11:25 PM
Thanks so much for the effort spursdotcom. It's really nice to have you here, you've brought great stuff to the board and it's all appreciated. :toast

DynastyBuilder
01-29-2009, 11:46 PM
Thanks so much for the effort spursdotcom. It's really nice to have you here, you've brought great stuff to the board and it's all appreciated. :toast
agreed! :toast

spursnatic
01-30-2009, 12:03 AM
League Pass broadband is the biggest bullshit on the planet. I still cannot get it, I put in my info... and they said it couldn't be found that I am a subscriber?....I never had that problem the last 2 years and all the sudden?.....:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2::flag:

Spurs Brazil
01-30-2009, 02:04 PM
After many hours of contact with the league... I believe audio league pass has been fixed. At least it is working for me.

Just wanted to pass it along to everyone. http://www.nba.com/broadband/alp_schedule.html

Thanks a lot

Obstructed_View
01-30-2009, 05:24 PM
I blame the Spurs for a large portion of this. If they can't even be bothered to make sure their home broadcasts are on LP, or to make sure that the audio stream is working, or to work to make HD broadcasts available, then they deserve not to sell out playoff games and to be disrespected by the national media.

spursdotcom
02-03-2009, 05:49 PM
Before responding to this thread again I wanted to make sure I had as much info as possible. I've been working with the lead the past few weeks to try to run some traps on why things may or may not be working properly with League Pass, League Pass Broadband and Audio Leauge Pass.

Again, these issues are very frustrating to us as well.

ALP is working and as far as I know there have been no issues reported recently. I still do not understand why it went out earlier in the year and it was working for some folks and not for others.

One thing I came across last night is that the broadcast does not start until the given tip-off time. There is no pregame show, etc. The broadcast begins within just moments of the tip. If you click the link before the broadcast starts you will get the message "Please tune back in during broadcast hours." The way I got it to work was to close the window and reopen it a few times until I heard the radio feed. But theoretically it should come in the window that was originally opened.

Now as far as the LP and LP BB are concerned, I have been assured by the league that these games are working properly as well. Any blackout experience comes because of the regional sports network blacksout all local games. The local market is approximately a 75-mile radius around San Antonio.

This rule is applied for all local game broadcasts. Since all of our games that are not on national TV are broadcast locally it doesn't matter if it is a home game, a sellout, a road game, on cable (Fox Sports Southwest) or over the air (KENS or My35). If it is broadcast on local television in San Antonio, LP and LP BB will not allow you to watch the game if you are in this 75-mile radius. Also, all local games on KENS, My35 and FSN have been broadcast in HD this season.

Now for our friends in Austin it is a bit different. They do no get KENS or My35 and of the 40 games on those stations only 17 of them will be carried in the Austin market. Those 17 games are carried on KNVA or KXAN. All FSN games in San Antonio should likewise be on FSN in Austin.

I hope this helps and provides some clarity for everyone. If I can help anyone else out with these issues feel free to reach out to me by sending me a private message.

---------

Just some links of reference and fine print:
---------

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/index.html
(1) Local and national market blackout rules apply based on your location.
(2) Availability and amount of HD games vary. NBA LEAGUE PASS TV subscription is offered by your cable or satellite operator, not NBA.com. Check with your cable or satellite operator for more details. HD equipment (e.g., HD-compatible TV and Receiver) sold separately.

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/tv.html
(1) Availability and amount of HD games vary. NBA LEAGUE PASS TV subscription is offered by your cable or satellite operator, not NBA.com. Check with your cable or satellite operator for more details. HD equipment (e.g., HD-compatible TV and Receiver) sold separately.
(2) Local and national market blackout rules apply based on your location.

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/online.html?cid=nba46
(1) NBA LEAGUE PASS BROADBAND games are streamed in the largest bitrate possible based on your Internet connection speed, up to 800 Kbps from HD or SD video source direct from each team's arena.
(2) Local and national market blackout rules apply based on your location.
(3) Over 900 games are available in most markets.

International League Pass
http://ilp.nba.com/
- OVER 1200 GAMES AVAILABLE DURING 2008-09 REGULAR SEASON (LOCAL BLACKOUTS MAY APPLY)
- ORIGINAL ENGLISH LANGUAGE GAME FEEDS
- WATCH LIVE ON YOUR COMPUTER
- REPLAY FOR 24 HOURS
- SEASON, MONTHLY AND DAILY VIEWING OPTIONS
- ALL-STAR WEEKEND INCLUDED FOR SEASON PASS SUBSCRIBERS
- AVAILABLE NOW IN 75 COUNTRIES

duncan228
02-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Thanks so much for the effort spursdotcom. Appreciate the info.

Spurs Brazil
02-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the help spursdotcom

Audio League Pass has been working in the last 2-3 weeks

YoMamaIsCallin
02-03-2009, 09:16 PM
I don't use Audio LP so I can't comment on that.

NBA LP Broadband had severe problems for the first few months with blackouts. Many games were blacked out for no reason. For me in Austin, I could not see any Indiana or Minnesota games (plus a couple of other teams I can't remember now). I believe they were using IP addresses to try to figure out where you were and really messing it up. I complained bitterly and opened several tickets. In the last month or so, I have seen no blackout issues, so I believe that was fixed.

For TV blackouts, they have two categories of blackout: OTA and RSN. If you are in the OTA blackout area for a team, you are presumed to be able to receive the local TV coverage for the team. Therefore any game that's on local TV will be blacked out for you on League Pass. If you are in the RSN blackout area for a team, games broadcast on the RSN (e.g. Fox Sports Net) will be blacked out for you. But, if the game's only on local TV, it will NOT be blacked out on NBA LP.

As it turns out, Austin is in the RSN blackout area for the Spurs, but not the OTA blackout area. Therefore, if you have NBA LP on Time Warner cable, you can see every Spurs game in Austin.

This is despite the fact that TWC insists on marking all OTA-blackout Spurs games as "Blackout" in their program guide, even though they actually show. (Case in point: tonight's Nuggets game on NBA TV.) I escalated that one all the way to a VP, who explained to me that TWC Austin had made a business decision not to market NBA LP to Spurs fans here, because they were concerned that the blackout rules could change and they would have a bunch of pissed off Spurs fans in Austin. So, if you call up TWC Austin and ask them about NBA League Pass, they will tell you "Spurs games are blacked out", even though they actually aren't.

braeden0613
02-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Does anyone else have the game blacked out tonight on LP Broadband?? It's not on NBATV or any national tv so I don't understand

duncan228
02-10-2009, 07:52 PM
I've got it (I'm in LA), but it's freezing constantly.

spursdotcom
02-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Does anyone else have the game blacked out tonight on LP Broadband?? It's not on NBATV or any national tv so I don't understand

Where are you located?

Audio League Pass and League Pass Broadband are both working fine for me.

braeden0613
02-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Where are you located?

Audio League Pass and League Pass Broadband are both working fine for me.
Im in college station...180+ miles from SA. It's worked for me all year up until tonight.

spursdotcom
02-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Im in college station...180+ miles from SA. It's worked for me all year up until tonight.

Check your PM

TampaDude
02-11-2009, 12:42 AM
I watch the games on my BlackBerry... :D

braeden0613
02-11-2009, 12:53 AM
I watch the games on my BlackBerry... :D
slingbox?

Spurs Brazil
02-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Audio not working

spursdotcom
02-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Thanks. I already notified the league again. Maybe they'll fix it after my 100th email.

I apologize everyone. It really frustrates the heck out of me and we have literally no control over it.

duncan228
02-11-2009, 07:25 PM
It really frustrates the heck out of me and we have literally no control over it.

Your help on our behalf is appreciated. Once again, I'm thrilled you're here, you've brought some great stuff to ST.

spursdotcom
02-11-2009, 07:25 PM
It's up now... the league flipped the magic button. Obviously they weren't concerned with our tip time.

Spurs Brazil
02-11-2009, 07:34 PM
It's up now... the league flipped the magic button. Obviously they weren't concerned with our tip time.

Thanks a lot:toast

spursdotcom
02-11-2009, 07:36 PM
I really am sorry everyone. I wish we had more control of these issues so we would be able to resolve them.