PDA

View Full Version : If you could change...

mexicanjunior
01-19-2009, 02:51 PM
one thing in a single game of your favorite team's play, knowing what you know now...what would you do different? Let's pretend you were the coach of the team and had the ability to call or play something differently.

I was thinking about this while watching a replay of Game 5 of the 2004 Lakers-Spurs series. My choices would be...

Spurs - I would have doubled Fisher and forced someone else to shoot in the 0.4 game. Not saying it would have made a difference, Kobe might have done the same thing, but I would definitely have tried something else. There is no doubt in my mind that, had the Spurs won that game, we would have been playing the Pistons in the Finals that year.

Cowboys - I would have had someone else holding instead of Romo on that FG against the Seahawks in 2006. I don't think the Cowboys would have won the next week against the Bears since they had a great defense but it would have been nice to see them have a shot. I also think that playoff success would have carried over and lessened the pressure Romo has on him now to win in the post season.

So what would be your's? It can be any team...any sport.

If this is considered to be in the wrong forum section, please move it.

tonylongoriafan
01-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Spurs 1995: i double team hakeem

Biggems
01-19-2009, 07:28 PM
This is difficult....

I have a few games in mind.

1. On that no look pass by Strickland, Elliott is able to grab it and put it in....Spurs win and go to the WCF....and eventually the NBA Finals against the Bad Boys.

2. O.4 game......We put Duncan on Fisher.

3. O6 vs Mavs, game 7.....Manu and or Duncan make the layup at the end of regulation to win the game and series.

4. 08 WCF game 1.....We dont blow the huge lead. We win and Manu is rested. We lose game 2, while Manu continues to rest. He is healthy going back to SA and we win games 3 and 4. We close it out in game 6....and go on to the NBA Finals.

As far as the Cowboys go.....
The Catch....after that score, Dallas was driving, but then fumbled. Take away that fumble and Dallas drives for the score and wins. They go on to the SB and beat Cincy.

The Drop.....Jackie Smith catches the ball this time and Dallas finds a way to beat the Steelers 38-35.

94 NFC Championship.....Aikman doesnt throw that pick 6 in the first quarter, and Deion Sanders is actually called for PI this time. Dallas wins and goes on to win their 3rd straight SB.

Texas Longhorns
1984.....they dont fumble the punt against Georgia. Instead they catch it cleanly and run out the clock.....Texas wins the National Championship.

2008....Blake Gideon catches the int that slipped through his fingers. UT goes undefeated, wins the Big 12 and plays Florida/Utah for the National Championship.

rAm
01-19-2009, 07:32 PM
Why is it that we have some of the hardest losses in the history of the NBA? and almost all of them being against the Lakers.

mexicanjunior
01-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Why is it that we have some of the hardest losses in the history of the NBA? and almost all of them being against the Lakers.

I would say the Rockets (mostly the 90's) and Mavs (2006) have given us their fare share also...