PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Hollins = Tyson Chandler

sribb43
01-19-2009, 03:32 PM
Same type player..athletic around the basket, can catch lobs. just the type of center needed to play with J-Kidd. Diop = Jerome James

endrity
01-19-2009, 03:34 PM
Who cares when you got Dirk winning games for you :)

monosylab1k
01-19-2009, 03:34 PM
His +/- was second on the team behind Kidd this game.

If he could rebound he'd be a quality starter. But I'd still rather see Dampier play more (I can't believe I just wrote that).

sribb43
01-19-2009, 03:36 PM
His +/- was second on the team behind Kidd this game.

If he could rebound he'd be a quality starter. But I'd still rather see Dampier play more (I can't believe I just wrote that).

True, more Damp would be nice but no Diop = greatness

monosylab1k
01-19-2009, 03:36 PM
True, more Damp would be nice but no Diop = greatness

I'll drink to that :toast

sribb43
01-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Since Ryan Hollins wears #1, what # will Mavs Man change too?

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/sportatorium/Mavs%20Man.jpg

Austin_Toros
01-19-2009, 06:43 PM
hmmm.. Hollins has potential, no doubt. I like his athleticism.

Ghazi
01-19-2009, 06:51 PM
I haven't looked at the salaries or anything I'm just curious why did Charlotte do this trade? I like Hollins long arms and I think he can bea quality backup. his block and 4 pts today was more than Diop would give... they give up the better center AND a shooter to boot? Contract related?

Brickhouse
01-19-2009, 07:04 PM
He isn't a dead corpse. Which means, I already like him more than Diop.

monosylab1k
01-19-2009, 07:12 PM
I haven't looked at the salaries or anything I'm just curious why did Charlotte do this trade? I like Hollins long arms and I think he can bea quality backup. his block and 4 pts today was more than Diop would give... they give up the better center AND a shooter to boot? Contract related?
He's pretty skinny for a center, I'm sure most good centers can abuse him in the paint.

Diop is thick but Charlotte doesn't realize that he gets abused in the paint all the time because he's lazy and sucks. That's why they're the Bobcats.

Ghazi
01-19-2009, 07:19 PM
True, but Diop is nothing more than an overpaid body at this point.

endrity
01-19-2009, 07:23 PM
He's pretty skinny for a center, I'm sure most good centers can abuse him in the paint.

Diop is thick but Charlotte doesn't realize that he gets abused in the paint all the time because he's lazy and sucks. That's why they're the Bobcats.

That's pretty much it. Hollins is really thin for a center. Reggie Evans was owning the boards tonight, eventhough Evans is a great rebounder so it's somewhat justified. The Mavs once did a great job at developing Diop, and Damp has been a pretty consistent rebounder and defender as well, so maybe they can develop Hollins into a good defensive center. But no doubt, he is very raw right now.

SpursIndonesia
01-19-2009, 08:14 PM
I remember DeSagana Diop who made TD like his bitch at times in 2006 WSF, what has happened to him ?

ElNono
01-19-2009, 08:15 PM
I remember DeSagana Diop who made TD like his bitch at times in 2006 WSF, what has happened to him ?

Duncan got healthy, that's what happened...