PDA

View Full Version : That tip in!!

rr2418
03-01-2005, 09:40 AM
I wonder what would've happened if the Spurs lost the game by one. I'm sure Pop would've had league officials look at that "3-pt tipin". I think Pop would show that the ball was going short of the basket, and it should've counted as 2 pts. Wonder if from that point in the game, they would've had to replay it.

travis2
03-01-2005, 09:47 AM
It's been discussed ad nauseum in another thread...it would have been 3 points regardless of the call.

kskonn
03-01-2005, 10:08 AM
I wonder what would've happened if the Spurs lost the game by one. I'm sure Pop would've had league officials look at that "3-pt tipin". I think Pop would show that the ball was going short of the basket, and it should've counted as 2 pts. Wonder if from that point in the game, they would've had to replay it.

The Nba has never overturned or had the teams replay the game due to a bad call. They have said over and over again that unfortunately refs are human and that they make mistakes just like the players do, and that is all part of the game. Besides duncan said himself that it was a stupid play, and luckily we do not have to know what would have happened if we lost by 1

exstatic
03-01-2005, 01:14 PM
The Nba has never overturned or had the teams replay the game due to a bad call.

I'm not sure that's true, in fact I think our own Spurs were involved in such an event, weren't they? I'm thinking something happened in the last minute or two, and they re-played that amount of the game the next time the two teams met. Help me out here, folks.

Solid D
03-01-2005, 01:23 PM
Lakers Spurs, FT lane violation. Protest was upheld and Spurs won a double header.

MosesGuthrie
03-01-2005, 01:26 PM
^^^that is correct, 1982, I believe.