PDA

View Full Version : Will our beloved Mavs trade J-Ho?

Ghazi
01-19-2009, 06:56 PM
A few days ago I thought this was a sure thing but now I wonder! What say you guys, and for what will our beloved J-Ho be traded for?

I feel like we're the 9th best team in the West, yet the difference between 2nd and 9th is a matter of 2-3 possessions per game. We need to trade J-Ho's lazy ballstopping chucking ass for some pieces that can allow us to close this 2-3 possession gap. More garbage from J-Ho today, he is the exact opposite of Dirk with regard to efficiency. Pure inefficiency.

Will J-Ho get traded, and for what?! Someone soothe my soul!

Brickhouse
01-19-2009, 06:59 PM
some will argue he played good D on Iggy, but I say his positives are largely outweighed by his negatives.

In a few games, he will injure a toenail and have to sit out again.

Findog
01-19-2009, 06:59 PM
I don't care if they trade him or not anymore. What's the big deal about being the best challenger to the Lakers? This team has gone further than that before. I'd rather that they start making personnel decisions that are in the best long-term interests of the franchise, as opposed to some quick fix that makes us a little bit better. If there were a trade out there that puts us in the same class as the Lakers, Celtics, Magic or Cavs, then yeah, you do it in a heartbeat. I highly doubt that trade is out there.

Brickhouse
01-19-2009, 07:02 PM
Donnie and Mark are trying to squeeze whatever they can out of this team this season. Unfortunately.

Ghazi
01-19-2009, 07:11 PM
I don't care if they trade him or not anymore. What's the big deal about being the best challenger to the Lakers? This team has gone further than that before. I'd rather that they start making personnel decisions that are in the best long-term interests of the franchise, as opposed to some quick fix that makes us a little bit better. If there were a trade out there that puts us in the same class as the Lakers, Celtics, Magic or Cavs, then yeah, you do it in a heartbeat. I highly doubt that trade is out there.

It's more fun winning 50-54 games and a playoff series or two than winning 45 games and missing the playoffs. just my opinion! Whether such a trade exists that even allows us to win a playoff series is uncertain though.

Another thing, it would just be a breath of fresh air. J-Ho's act is tired and boring, I want something to be excited about!

monosylab1k
01-19-2009, 07:23 PM
I wonder how long Minnesota will let Mike Miller waste away up there.

endrity
01-19-2009, 07:25 PM
JHo should be traded, but I am sure they want to wait for a good deal. And there will be one out there. He has a friendly contract, and the ability is still there. Many people see he is pulling a VC right now, I am sure he will play better once he leaves the Mavs.

ElNono
01-19-2009, 07:38 PM
There's still a month to go until the trade deadline... I'm pretty sure between now and then they'll do something about it. There's no point in rushing into something right now, unless it's too good to pass up...

BlackSwordsMan
01-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Dallas already got rid of their interior defense in diop. Do you really think donnie will sacrifice his up tempo 6th man and future prospect?

dirk4mvp
01-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Dallas already got rid of their interior defense in diop. Do you really think donnie will sacrifice his up tempo 6th man and future prospect?

Why do you keep saying Diop was Dallas' interior D? Do you like sounding retarded?

sonic21
01-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Why do you keep saying Diop was Dallas' interior D? Do you like sounding retarded?

:lol
because he had a couple of good defensive games against duncan 2 years ago :tu

SpursIndonesia
01-19-2009, 08:19 PM
JHo + 1st pick (protected) for J. Salmon + 1st pick (protected) should work.

lurker
01-19-2009, 08:22 PM
I don't think he'll be traded if the Mavs continue to be delusional in thinking they deserve an All-Star in return.

monosylab1k
01-19-2009, 11:43 PM
Did anybody else notice J-Ho's body language after the game today?

First off, rewatch the end game celebration, when everybody is jumping on Dirk - Josh is NOWHERE TO BE FOUND.

And as they're walking to the locker room, everybody is laughing and cutting up except for a very pissed off looking Josh.

That fucking asshole can't even have fun with his teammates.

Findog
01-19-2009, 11:48 PM

He was really anchoring the middle there with all those DNPs. :lol

Findog
01-19-2009, 11:50 PM

First off, rewatch the end game celebration, when everybody is jumping on Dirk - Josh is NOWHERE TO BE FOUND.

And as they're walking to the locker room, everybody is laughing and cutting up except for a very pissed off looking Josh.

Carlisle left him on the bench for crunchtime. Maybe if he actually played defense, grabbed some boards and jumped the passing lanes for some steals instead of jacking up jumpers out of the flow of the offense, he might get some burn during winning time.

Findog
01-19-2009, 11:51 PM
Josh for Mike Miller would be great. Slide Antoine Wright over to SF.

DPG21920
01-19-2009, 11:52 PM
Carlisle left him on the bench for crunchtime. Maybe if he actually played defense, grabbed some boards and jumped the passing lanes for some steals instead of jacking up jumpers out of the flow of the offense, he might get some burn during winning time.

He had 4 steals today?

Findog
01-19-2009, 11:52 PM
He had 4 steals today?

He also jacked up half of the team's first 11 shots and made none of them. He's a ballstopper.

DPG21920
01-19-2009, 11:53 PM
I was just responding to your "play the passing lanes" comment. He also had 8 boards.

Findog
01-19-2009, 11:55 PM
I was just responding to your "play the passing lanes" comment. He also had 8 boards.

It's a rare thing these days for him to fill up the stat sheet. It's not a coincidence that Carlisle didn't have him on the floor during crunchtime.

DPG21920
01-19-2009, 11:56 PM
I agree, but I was saying today he seemed to be in the hustle categories.

Findog
01-19-2009, 11:57 PM
I agree, but I was saying today he seemed to be in the hustle categories.

I bet more than anything else he wanted the offense to run through Dirk and Jet in crunchtime, and Josh jeopardizes that when he hunts for shots. He's so worried about his touches.

DPG21920
01-19-2009, 11:58 PM
He is an anomaly.

mattb_25
01-20-2009, 01:03 AM
Yeah, I'm so tired of J-hoe, hes an ass douche which is sad for me to say. I thought he was going to be able to take another step in developing his game last year when he scored 47 on the Jazz. Oh well, there has to be a trade made to get him out of here. It's obvious that he isn't even our 5th best player right now because he can't even stay on the court in the 4th quarter. He can make points, but he just fucks up the offense for everyone else its just annoying to see. Carlise better be telling the FO to get his bitch ass outta here soon. He has to go, I just want to get someone in return who is able to score around 15-20 a night, but not disrupt our offense like he does.. Not sure who that would be but lets hope Donnie, Mark, and Rick do.

Sportstudi
01-20-2009, 07:54 AM

Because not he, but Dirk made the game winning shot. IMO, since Avery put Josh as the go-to-guy in the beginning of last season (and uses Dirk as a point forward; simply ridiculous!) he is still thinking he deserves to be the main man on the team. I think he never got over it that Dirk is a better player and the major offensive force of the Mavericks. If we get rid of this dickhead who never learned to be a team player, I will be happy. In his All-Star season he played the second fiddle to Dirk which was (and still would be) his best role. But after Avery fell in love with him and tried to replace Dirk by Josh, he became a numbnut. Ah, I forgot: It seems that smoking pot during the offseason blew his mind completely...

timvp
01-20-2009, 08:07 AM
Has their been a more first quarter reliant player in the history of the NBA? This year he's taking it to new heights. He's averaging 7.9 of his 17.8 points in the first quarter. That is good for second highest first quarter scoring mark in the NBA ... behind LeBron. In the fourth quarter, JHo is averaging 2.9 points per game.

Seems like the only time he scores in the fourth is in games against the Spurs . . .

Trainwreck2100
01-20-2009, 08:11 AM
yes he will be traded and yes he will revert to 06 josh howard after that, and yes the mavs fans will say it cause "the offense is running through him" wherever he goes

endrity
01-20-2009, 08:34 AM
yes he will be traded and yes he will revert to 06 josh howard after that, and yes the mavs fans will say it cause "the offense is running through him" wherever he goes

pretty much!

MrChug
01-20-2009, 09:27 AM
You already traded away Diop for I forget who...when will the madness stop???!

de Soto
01-20-2009, 11:54 AM
Why single out one Ho in the mavs bordello of losers?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-20-2009, 12:02 PM
JHo + 1st pick (protected) for J. Salmon + 1st pick (protected) should work.

It would work for them but Sactown wouldn't do that. Salmons > Howard at this point.