PDA

View Full Version : Porter, Porter, Porter, Porter...

Xylus
01-19-2009, 10:29 PM
Nash - 32 minutes
Shaq - 30 minutes
Amare - 30 minutes
Hill - 27 minutes
JRich - 28 minutes

I have a cyanide pill with your name on it.

Armando
01-19-2009, 10:30 PM
Is 1 game don't overreact

Xylus
01-19-2009, 10:32 PM
This should not happen in a blowout.

Or in a blowout at the start of a 6-game road trip.

Or in a blowout at the start of a 6-game road trip in the midst of 15 games in 25 days.

Reck
01-19-2009, 10:36 PM
Porter does not know how to managed or coach anyone.

First off Shaq should have not skipped the Nuggets game. 2, should not let his key players play more minutes then they should have on a game that 1, was loss from quarter 1 and 2 a game that was a blowout.

Knowing when to call it a day is a good thing afterall, eh?

ManuTP9
01-19-2009, 10:37 PM
lol porter porter porter

ElNono
01-20-2009, 01:08 AM
I think some players are dogging on him. I think his job is really in jeopardy...

Spur-Addict
01-20-2009, 01:11 AM
I think some players are dogging on him. I think his job is really in jeopardy...

That might be true. Amare looks like shit sometimes.

ElNono
01-20-2009, 01:24 AM
That might be true. Amare looks like shit sometimes.

Amare most definitely. I'm also not sure Nash is buying what Porter is selling. Not to mention that guys like JRich and Barnes come from a Nellie run and gun background, completely opposite to what Porter preaches. Sarver doesn't really strike me as a very patient man, and this product right now can't be selling as well as D'Antoni's...

Rogue
01-20-2009, 01:29 AM
porter's acting as a coach is just like a man's taking a whore job, neither works.

the man who pretends to be a whore is gonna be charged with no only selling sex but business cheating, porter will not recieve any bill from the court but the dirty words from the fans are inevitable for him.

Reck
01-20-2009, 02:31 AM
porter's acting as a coach is just like a man's taking a whore job, neither works.

the man who pretends to be a whore is gonna be charged with no only selling sex but business cheating, porter will not recieve any bill from the court but the dirty words from the fans are inevitable for him.

I heard being a man whore works just fine in prison. :lol

Indazone
01-20-2009, 03:52 AM
Fired, fired, fired, fired...

Obstructed_View
01-20-2009, 05:13 AM
WGAF about their minutes if they go down by 30 in the first half. I'd make their dumb asses play the entire second half. I'd rather they be angry and humiliated than rested.

pauls931
01-20-2009, 08:34 AM
Too much change. The suns were not that far from being a contender with Dantoni, just a few defensive plays (i know easier said than done) and they'd be there. Kerr is reconstructing the entire team into a mediocre .500 1st round and exit team (last year was flukish, suns/spurs in the 1st round?). Not sure how he's doing that with such good parts. I'm starting to lean towards him and porter at this point. I'm also get the feeling players are dogging, especially amare who maybe tasted too much success early in his career.

Bruno
01-20-2009, 08:35 AM
One of Suns' problem is that Kerr 2008 draft choices have been a disaster.

He drafted Lopez with the 15th pick. A lot of bigs just drafted after (Speights, Hickson, McGee..) looks significantly better than him.

Suns have invested a lot in Dragic (2 second round pick +cash given to Spurs and a big contract) without result. Maybe Dragic will be a good PG in the future but Kerr hopped that he would help the team as soon as his rookie year.

As a result, Suns lack of depth and overplay some of their old players. It could hurt them again come playoff time.

pauls931
01-20-2009, 08:37 AM
I also agree the draft picks have been dissapointing. Both looked promising early on but lopez is looking horrendous, I think the potential is there, just no discipline.

Dragic also has potential, but I think everyone expected him to immediately be Steve Nash Jr. which isn't going to be the case for some time. Nash wasn't good until 4 or 5 years into his career.

The mistakes the made was drafting project picks rather picks that can contribute immediately to complement a veteran team.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-20-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad they let D'antoni go so they brought in Porter to improve defense (22nd best defensive rating in basketball worse than any D'antoni team), instill accountability (turnover machine), and develop the bench (the starters are averaging 34 minutes a game).

(Xylus your thread names are always hilarious)

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-20-2009, 11:22 AM
The mistakes the made was drafting project picks rather picks that can contribute immediately to complement a veteran team.

You obviously don't remember that Lopez was the most "NBA ready" big man available at #15, Steve Kerr said so......

Indazone
01-20-2009, 12:49 PM
The Suns are an afterthought this season with Porter. I would only start to worry if they fired him and brought in either Tom Thibodeau or JVG. BTW JVG is rumored to be coveting that Sun's coaching job.

scanry
01-20-2009, 01:09 PM
One of Suns' problem is that Kerr 2008 draft choices have been a disaster.

He drafted Lopez with the 15th pick. A lot of bigs just drafted after (Speights, Hickson, McGee..) looks significantly better than him.

Suns have invested a lot in Dragic (2 second round pick +cash given to Spurs and a big contract) without result. Maybe Dragic will be a good PG in the future but Kerr hopped that he would help the team as soon as his rookie year.

As a result, Suns lack of depth and overplay some of their old players. It could hurt them again come playoff time.

I didn't know that!!! :wow:wow:wow

I though they only gave us the cash. :lol:lol

angelbelow
01-20-2009, 01:52 PM
jrich needs to play more.

Bruno
01-20-2009, 02:36 PM
I didn't know that!!! :wow:wow:wow

I though they only gave us the cash. :lol:lol

The trade was the 45th pick for the 48th pick + warriors 2009 second round pick (that will be quite good) + $500K.

Suns drafted Dragic and Spurs drafted Hairston with the 48th pick.

Suns have given a quite big contract to Dragic ($5.5M guaranteed over 3 years) and also given $500K to TAU for the buyout.

All in all they have invested $6.5M and 2 second round picks on Dragic. That's a quite big investment.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-20-2009, 02:42 PM
BTW JVG is rumored to be coveting that Sun's coaching job.

:clap

I'd be a pig in shit if the Suns got a coach with a legit resume. JVG would be great to have. The only problem is I don't see how he and Amare could co-exist......no worries, trading Amare would solve that problem.

sook
01-20-2009, 02:54 PM
:clap

I'd be a pig in shit if the Suns got a coach with a legit resume. JVG would be great to have. The only problem is I don't see how he and Amare could co-exist......no worries, trading Amare would solve that problem.

if JVG ever coaches the suns i would hope the rockets would have already won a championship, he is just too good. I wish he was back with the rockets now actually, the failures in Houston were not his fault, Yao getting injured season after season shouldn't be put on JVG

Xylus
01-20-2009, 03:05 PM
WGAF about their minutes if they go down by 30 in the first half. I'd make their dumb asses play the entire second half. I'd rather they be angry and humiliated than rested.

You don't reward playing time to guys who aren't going to play their asses off. You sit them on the bench and let the 2nd or 3rd string take over, because you know there are guys on the bench who are dying to get some run.

Also, you don't wear your guys out in a blowout if their upcoming schedule is hell and they're already tired. Unless you plan on losing games. Do you like losing games, OV?

dickface
01-20-2009, 03:07 PM
bywDJMP0zOQ

urunobili
01-20-2009, 03:56 PM
Kerr got raped by Pop on draft day... oh and another thing... TP should be on the fort next year too! he brings good luck! :toast

sook
01-20-2009, 04:09 PM
one thing i noticed was how badly J-Rich was being utilized...

Obstructed_View
01-20-2009, 04:22 PM
You don't reward playing time to guys who aren't going to play their asses off. You sit them on the bench and let the 2nd or 3rd string take over, because you know there are guys on the bench who are dying to get some run.

Also, you don't wear your guys out in a blowout if their upcoming schedule is hell and they're already tired. Unless you plan on losing games. Do you like losing games, OV?

So they were getting blown out by 30 in the first half of game 1 on this trip because they were tired? Fucking please. They're soft bitches. You don't reward poor effort in a game like that with a night off. And 32 minutes of walk-it-up basketball is like a vacation for these guys, and you know it.

Let me give you some advice, as a fan of a team that doesn't make excuses: If you don't like losing games, then you don't blame fatugue for a performance like that.

Xylus
01-20-2009, 05:19 PM
So they were getting blown out by 30 in the first half of game 1 on this trip because they were tired? Fucking please. They're soft bitches. You don't reward poor effort in a game like that with a night off. And 32 minutes of walk-it-up basketball is like a vacation for these guys, and you know it.

Let me give you some advice, as a fan of a team that doesn't make excuses: If you don't like losing games, then you don't blame fatugue for a performance like that.

As a fan of a team of old fogeys (like mine), a team that hasn't had a ton of success in past years on the 2nd game of back-to-backs, you should know that 4 games in 5 nights can wear a team out. Even conditioned athletes.

But that's beside the point. When your upcoming schedule is stacked, you don't play your guys that many minutes in late-game quarters that are meaningless. It increases the chance of injury, it decreases your chances of winning future games, and there are guys more deserving of playing time than the lethargic starters. You can criticize D'Antoni one minute for playing his starters too many minutes and wearing them out for the playoffs, and then criticize me the next minute for pointing out that Porter's doing the same fucking thing. Fuh. King. Lame.

And I agree with you that they're soft bitches. Time to man up.

ElNono
01-20-2009, 06:11 PM
As a fan of a team of old fogeys (like mine), a team that hasn't had a ton of success in past years on the 2nd game of back-to-backs, you should know that 4 games in 5 nights can wear a team out. Even conditioned athletes.

But that's beside the point. When your upcoming schedule is stacked, you don't play your guys that many minutes in late-game quarters that are meaningless. It increases the chance of injury, it decreases your chances of winning future games, and there are guys more deserving of playing time than the lethargic starters. You can criticize D'Antoni one minute for playing his starters too many minutes and wearing them out for the playoffs, and then criticize me the next minute for pointing out that Porter's doing the same fucking thing. Fuh. King. Lame.

And I agree with you that they're soft bitches. Time to man up.

I think Amare is definitely dogging Porter. Back to back or not, and I'm undecided on Nash...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-20-2009, 06:55 PM
I think Amare is definitely dogging Porter. Back to back or not, and I'm undecided on Nash...

Nash is unintentionally dogging Porter by not changing his style at all, Amare is making a conscious effort to disrespect Porter and Porter's personality is too weak to do something about it.

Findog
01-20-2009, 07:35 PM
One of the sublime joys for me this season is Duhmare' being exposed as a very good player, not the franchise player that some of his knobgobblers in the media made him out to be.

Obstructed_View
01-21-2009, 03:10 AM
You can criticize D'Antoni one minute for playing his starters too many minutes and wearing them out for the playoffs, and then criticize me the next minute for pointing out that Porter's doing the same fucking thing.

I'm not interested in their mpg average over the whole season, I'd simply have made them play 40 minutes in that game. If that's the effort they are going to put up against good teams in the NBA, who gives a shit about the playoffs anyway?

Bob Lanier
01-21-2009, 09:52 PM
East side crew...

Bob Lanier
01-21-2009, 09:52 PM
west side crew...

sribb43
01-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Suns are lucky to have a great coach and GM...unlike the Mavs who are a shit organization run by idiots

Bob Lanier
01-21-2009, 09:54 PM
:lol at Amare'' getting outrebounded by Quentin Richardson in the clutch.

pauls931
01-21-2009, 10:01 PM
I wonder who could step in for Porter?... And teach them how to play D, I swear their D is even worse than previous years.