PDA

View Full Version : What if.......

thOOdee
01-20-2009, 01:53 AM
Now i know i am going to get shit for this thread....but i am wondering about this big. he does have the qualities that we need, is actually doing well, and has the spurs qualifications. I don't know how long his contract is but i bet he would play for a good price. what if SHAQ played for SAN ANTONIO. I know its far fetch and most spurs fans rather eat shit, but if you think about it, its actually a perfect fit. a team who only gets oldies, and a player who mainly wants rings, doesn't need the money, and is known to hop around from team to team. So do yall think it could be done and should it be done?

scanry
01-20-2009, 02:00 AM
Now i know i am going to get shit for this thread....but i am wondering about this big. he is does have the qualities that we need, is actually doing well, and has the spurs qualifications. I don't know how long his contract is but i bet he would play for a good price. what if SHAQ played for SAN ANTONIO. I know its far fetch and most spurs fans rather eat shit, but if you think about it, its actually a perfect fit. a team who only gets oldies, and a player who mainly wants rings, doesn't need the money, and is known to hop around from team to team. So what do yall think it could be done and should it be done?

Who are we going to give for the Big Bagel? Manu, Tony or even better Tim? :lol :lol

You should double check your medications by any chance.

Mister Sinister
01-20-2009, 02:04 AM
Gah. Holy *dick*, I can smell how bad your typing is.

DAF86
01-20-2009, 02:06 AM
I know this question is as meaningless as this thread but if you could trade Manu for Shaq straight up would you do it?

I wouldn't, Shaq is to much of a liability in the pick and roll defense right now?

PuttPutt
01-20-2009, 02:08 AM
Pass that over here. I've got to have whatever you're smoking.

thOOdee
01-20-2009, 02:10 AM
and i am talking about not trading any of the big three for this to happen. could and should it?

phyzik
01-20-2009, 02:31 AM
If thread posts numbers where ever an indication of your IQ, this guy would be considered mentally retarded.

thOOdee
01-20-2009, 02:42 AM
wow ....that was pretty lame....you can do better than that

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-20-2009, 02:55 AM
and i am talking about not trading any of the big three for this to happen. could and should it?

Shaq makes 20 mil. Without at least one of the big three involved the Spurs would have to ship out pretty much the entire team to make the salaries match.

He can rebound and clog the paint, and the Spurs need a big that can do that, but he's not coming to SA. Shaq is about making sure Shaq is the story where ever he goes. He's not a Pop kind of guy.

bigdog
01-20-2009, 04:15 AM
sure, it could be done, but there is no way anyone in their even somewhat close to a fraction of a right mind would even consider this. you would need to give up one of the big 3 and RC and Pop would never do that. In fact, I don't think any GM would ever do that.

mrspurs
01-20-2009, 08:17 AM
If we could get Shaq, like the Lakers got Gasol. We would be instant contenders again.

mexicanjunior
01-20-2009, 11:30 AM
If we could get him as a FA for a reasonable salary (2-3 mil)...it would be solid. Any other scenario would require us trading a majority of the team, which would not be a good deal at all.

SenorSpur
01-20-2009, 12:01 PM
Now i know i am going to get shit for this thread....but i am wondering about this big. he does have the qualities that we need, is actually doing well, and has the spurs qualifications. I don't know how long his contract is but i bet he would play for a good price. what if SHAQ played for SAN ANTONIO. I know its far fetch and most spurs fans rather eat shit, but if you think about it, its actually a perfect fit. a team who only gets oldies, and a player who mainly wants rings, doesn't need the money, and is known to hop around from team to team. So do yall think it could be done and should it be done?

First off, think about the following:

Shaq makes an enomorous salary - $21 mil for this season and next.
Declining player, who has never been able to defend pick and roll.
Was obtained by the Suns so they could change their style and match up better with Spurs/Fakers.

The salary disparity alone kills your suggestion. All that said, how is this idea even close to being a practical solution for the Spurs?

PDXSpursFan
01-20-2009, 01:45 PM
Only way to get Shaq wouild be if he's waived by the Suns and we sign him for a vet min. Chances of something like that happening <1%