PDA

View Full Version : What I dont get....

timtonymanu
01-20-2009, 03:41 AM
why we're called "boring" by alot of fans yet we play in alot of the best games of the season. example: the suns/spurs christmas game. the epic suns/spurs game 1. the recent lakers/spurs game.

Spur-Addict
01-20-2009, 03:45 AM
It's their only excuse to justify their hate for the good guys.

Spork KIller
01-20-2009, 03:56 AM
why we're called "boring" by alot of fans yet we play in alot of the best games of the season. example: the suns/spurs christmas game. the epic suns/spurs game 1. the recent lakers/spurs game.

Your team still is extremely BORIIINNNGGG!!

One or two exciting games don't make them fun to watch....

They have to adjust their boring game plan to the opposing entertaining team.

anakha
01-20-2009, 03:58 AM

How's the McGrady situation going with your Rockets, Louis?

Austin_Toros
01-20-2009, 07:02 AM
It's their only excuse to justify their hate for the good guys.

Yeah, either that or calling the spurs 'boring' is the only way to bag a team that has dominated the past few seasons.

I don't think the spurs are "boring." Clearly, there are a bazillion people out there who would rather watch the spurs over so many other NBA teams.

And yes, I personally think Phoenix are boring at the moment.

m33p0
01-20-2009, 07:26 AM
some dumb sports writer started it coz his team got curb-stomped by the spurs and the best he could come up with was to call the spurs boring. other dumb people picked it up coz dumb begets dumb.

samikeyp
01-20-2009, 07:46 AM
Winning never gets boring.

mrspurs
01-20-2009, 07:56 AM
5-21 from 3 point land is why they are called boring. Not having anyone who can fly into the lanes and slam that rock into the hole is why their called boring. Not having anyone who can pretend to understand what an alley-oop is, yet another reason why they're called boring. There have been a few nights where they're love for not being able to play defense. And they're love for sitting out beyond the arc, has been not boring, but has put me to sleep. Dont get me wrong, but when I look into the crowds at the AT&T center, my cousin and I always laugh. Because most of the fans there aint even watching the game. Ive said it before, for every single fan that watches the game, there are 2 or 3 who are there just to talk and blend in. And samikeyp is correct. Winning never gets boring. When we played lock down defense, it wasnt boring at all. I cant wait to see us play defense again. Either way Ill take that 2 point win against one of the weakest teams in the league.

ManuTastic
01-20-2009, 03:45 PM
The real reason is ideas change slowly in sports, and for a long time the Spurs were actually pretty boring. Remember when we ran 4-down for Tim 85% of the time? Then along came Manu and Tony, and all that changed.
Give the people about 20 years and they'll figure it out.

SenorSpur
01-20-2009, 03:52 PM

They have to adjust their boring game plan to the opposing entertaining team.

If boring is the path to the title, your team would be wise to adopt such a strategy. After all, your ol' "seven second or less" philosophy never got your Sunsies past the conference finals. Good luck getting out of the Pacific Division.

easy7
01-20-2009, 03:56 PM
I am stumped. Fin just makes it a blast to watch the Spurs build an outhouse with all the bricks and if you add Vaughn in the mix, man watch out, we are talking about a two story shithouse. Acme brick can't keep up with these guys so can't the media. Just saying...