PDA

View Full Version : Manu replied!!!!!

Phenomanul
03-01-2005, 12:42 PM
I asked him the question:

Manu,

Is there any truth to Jordan’s interest in having you join the “Jumpman 23” brand???

If so that would be sweet…..!! I heard it on the sports radio….

By the way, I’ve invented a “shoe-insert” material that increased my vertical jump by 5% (I’m still trying to process the patent)… And no, they are not similar to the ugly stub outs that were marketed a few years ago… in fact, my design does not interfere with conventional shoe design or style because it is a thin strip placed inside the shoe. The reason I bring this up, is because if you were ever given your own Signature Shoe (It doesn’t matter if it were Nike, Reebok, Adidas, Puma etc…) , I would be honored to have my favorite player introduce my product to the world… plus you would get a huge marketing bonus because the shoe would sell like “pan caliente.” – I mean, what child (or adult) would not want to jump higher overnight!!! Plus you would be helping a fellow Latino get into business (I have like 30 other inventions but I can’t get them going until I have enough resources to jumpstart their production – this would certainly help)…

P.S. I voted for you, Duncan, Parker, and Nesterovic every day on the daily All-Star ballot… but why didn’t the Argentine press lobby for more Argentineans to vote??? If everyone who has internet access in Argentina had voted even once, you would have had a 400,000 vote headstart on the other western conference guards... Same thing for Parker and the French vote…. Well I'm glad the coaches honored you with a reserve selection.

Congratulations on your wonderful career so far… I’m glad you decided to remain a Spur (David Robinson was my favorite player before you – he was an awesome, exemplary, generous and classy person on and off the court).

His reply:

Hi Hector!! I don't know ANYTHING about Jordan Brand, nobody really contacted me. So i don't know where did they get it from.

About your "invention" if you want to can send it to the Spurs with my name on it, if the trainers and doctors give me the OK, i have no problems in trying it.

Thank you very much, Peace

Manu

blackbucket
03-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Very cool. Send it to him!!! Hell, send me one pair :fro

Phenomanul
03-01-2005, 12:49 PM
Only the prototypes exist.... and they are in my size.... I'm going to have to work on making some more....

Unfortunately my day job is too time demanding I would need to work on this during my vacation....

CosmicCowboy
03-01-2005, 12:49 PM
I rubbed this cream stuff on my pecker and it got like 5 times bigger just rubbing it in...want some of that too?...:wink

Phenomanul
03-01-2005, 12:50 PM
I rubbed this cream stuff on my pecker and it got like 5 times bigger just rubbing it in...want some of that too?...:wink

You ask Manu... not me....

ALVAREZ6
03-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Manu replied to like 5 of my messages to him.
Congrats! I know you're probably excited.

That would be sweet if he joined with Jumpman.

Rummpd
03-01-2005, 02:22 PM
I would quit my day job if an opportunity to launch "Mega Manu" Shoe!

Hook Dem
03-01-2005, 02:24 PM
lol Cowboy! Send me some of that stuff! Mine's draggin after working the rodeo. I think one of your horses stepped on it! Then he laughed. :lol

Phenomanul
03-01-2005, 02:43 PM
Manu replied to like 5 of my messages to him.
Congrats! I know you're probably excited.

That would be sweet if he joined with Jumpman.

It makes me respect Manu even more.....

He is such a "down to earth" sort of guy... to think that he would actually spend time to respond to our comments is really admirable....

One thing I didn't mention on the original post was that he answered my inquiry while he was in Denver (Friday February 18th at 2:53 AM).... Which makes it even sweeter.... (you know ... the whole "I was part of Manu's first all-star experience" )

Useruser666
03-01-2005, 03:10 PM

What did you invent, some type of chicken growth formula? I would believe that before I'd believe you have a big dick! :lol

CosmicCowboy
03-01-2005, 04:50 PM
uhhh...I am not exactly sure what you are basing your assessment of my package on and quite honestly just the fact that you are speculating on it is rather creepy....

Kori Ellis
03-01-2005, 04:51 PM
just the fact that you are speculating on it is rather creepy....

:lmao

I thought the same thing when I read his post.

alamo50
03-01-2005, 05:03 PM
That's awesome Hector!
Go for it!

Guru of Nothing
03-01-2005, 05:16 PM
I’ve invented a “shoe-insert” material that increased my vertical jump by 5%

This gives me an idea for a screenplay.

tlongII
03-01-2005, 05:29 PM

You never seem to run out of that "cream", do you CC?

CosmicCowboy
03-01-2005, 05:37 PM
in your dreams only TLong. Quit licking your lips.

Phenomanul
03-01-2005, 05:52 PM
This gives me an idea for a screenplay.

Yeah I kind of got that idea too.... but then I thought, "It's been tried and taken".....

You know that one movie with Lil' Kim (???) where he finds Jordan's old shoes... "LIKE MIKE"

nacho estrada
03-01-2005, 06:03 PM
Lil Kim!!!! lol!!! Sorry Hegamboa, not knockin ya bro. But I have to say that was kinda funny picturing the Queen Bee dunking on David Robinson(who starred in Like Mike) . BTW, The kid rapper in the movie was Lil Bow Wow(yes I know useless info) Oh yeah and I'll take a 5% increase in my vertical too, you know Mexicans cant jump. Send me that prototype..

Phenomanul
03-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Lil Kim!!!! lol!!!

What... did I mess up his name????

Kori Ellis
03-01-2005, 06:07 PM

It's Lil' Bow Wow.

Lil' Kim is a female rapper.

timvp
03-01-2005, 06:10 PM
http://www.kapaljka.com/guest/guest_rubrika/Lil_Kim_10.jpg

VS.

http://images.chron.com/content/news/photos/02/01/06/lbowwow.jpg

ALVAREZ6
03-01-2005, 06:10 PM
Hegamboa, that idea has also been taken in another movie.

"Flubber"

When he puts the flubber stuff on the bottom of the shoes to make him jump unrealistically high.....yeah

Phenomanul
03-01-2005, 06:17 PM
Hegamboa, that idea has also been taken in another movie.

"Flubber"

When he puts the flubber stuff on the bottom of the shoes to make him jump unrealistically high.....yeah

Not that again... who was it that called me the absent minded professor... Sequ???

Anyways....

That movie also defies the laws of physics.... whereas this insert is well within the bounds of non-newtonian fluids.... why do you think I listed the constraint as a percentage of my own vertical? Because it is dependent on my mass. Likewise it will vary depending on the incipient force applied. the higher the push the more exaggerated the effect.

Phenomanul
03-01-2005, 06:18 PM

It's Lil' Bow Wow.

Lil' Kim is a female rapper.

Wooops.... comes to show my knowledge of the Hip Hop culture.... I would have been better off saying it was the same teen actor from "Johnson Family Vacation"

bonesinaz
03-01-2005, 09:26 PM
hegamboa-

I don't know if you are aware of this, but most, if not all NBA players have custom orthodics made for their shoes. MJ had like 2 pair made for each game. The thing to do would be to figure out if your insert material is supportive enough to make a good orthodic or if it can be just a part of the orthodic.

The only similarity between MJ's air Jordan's and the ones sold at the mall was the outside. The inside of his shoes was always custom. So while your invention would have mass appeal to consumers, Manu may not wear it himself.

Tek_XX
03-02-2005, 03:19 AM
Manu is awesome, so fan friendly. The dude actually cares about people he doesn't know.

Umm 5%, what is that a 2 centimeters

travis2
03-02-2005, 08:56 AM
Not that again... who was it that called me the absent minded professor... Sequ???

Anyways....

That movie also defies the laws of physics.... whereas this insert is well within the bounds of non-newtonian fluids.... why do you think I listed the constraint as a percentage of my own vertical? Because it is dependent on my mass. Likewise it will vary depending on the incipient force applied. the higher the push the more exaggerated the effect.

ummmm...no, I posted the "Flubber" movie poster pics...and I'm twice Sequ's height...:flipoff

:lol

Clandestino
03-02-2005, 09:28 AM
Manu is awesome, so fan friendly. The dude actually cares about people he doesn't know.

in sports, 5% is a big deal...

CosmicCowboy
03-02-2005, 09:47 AM
Because it is dependent on my mass. Likewise it will vary depending on the incipient force applied. the higher the push the more exaggerated the effect.

ahhh...I got it now...insoles made out of old melted down superballs...:lol

for you youngsters, superballs were these hard, raquetball sized balls made out some "spaceage" material that was marketed back when kids could have "dangerous" toys...however hard you threw it the ball seemed to bounce back twice as hard...If you took a full baseball style wind up and threw it down at the concrete they would bounce unbelievably far...I literally bounced one OVER my middle school...they were finally outlawed because of all the injuries, concussions, eyes smashed in, etc....

http://www.toyadz.com/toyadz/whamo/superball61.jpg

Phenomanul
03-02-2005, 09:55 AM
hegamboa-

I don't know if you are aware of this, but most, if not all NBA players have custom orthodics made for their shoes. MJ had like 2 pair made for each game. The thing to do would be to figure out if your insert material is supportive enough to make a good orthodic or if it can be just a part of the orthodic.

The only similarity between MJ's air Jordan's and the ones sold at the mall was the outside. The inside of his shoes was always custom. So while your invention would have mass appeal to consumers, Manu may not wear it himself.

Is it orthodic or orthopedic???

pedic makes sense as it refers to the latin root for 'foot'

Anyways...
Most orthopedic shoes have customized internals to fit the mold of the individual's foot.... So it would make sense for an athlete (a rich concerned athlete) to want shoe supports that are in the shape of their feet. The orthopedic shoes also alleviate unneccessary 'body' stresses by providing better back support, and promoting proper tendon and ligament alignment in the foot... not to mention that they are more condusive to proper blood circulation. The optimal circulation in turn provides the best transfer rate of oxygen to the blood, and removal of CO2 and waste... this goes a long way in delaying the eventual fatigue of the legs. At this point I haven't even mentioned that internally customized shoes also help prevent the formation of blisters and that they maximize the ability of the wearer to 'cut' and change directions (like Manu) because the area of the plant of the foot in contact with the internals is maximized.

Anyways what I'm getting at is that I'm patenting the material that provides the added "jump" ....I'll let the people that decide how my "liquid spring" is molded take care of the 'form' issue. The properties of the material are independent of the shape they are molded into....

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-02-2005, 09:58 AM
http://www.kapaljka.com/guest/guest_rubrika/Lil_Kim_10.jpg

I'd dunk on it.

Phenomanul
03-02-2005, 10:03 AM

That would be 5% of whoever was wearing it.... so let's say I had a Vince Carter vertical of 43 inches... the material would allow me, for the same identical jump to attain a vertical of 45.15 inches..... (or 5.46 cm higher) which might not seem like much, but would allow people that can barely touch the rim witht the tip of their fingers to actually get their fingers inside the rim...

Most people would have an increased jump of about 1.5-1.8 inches...

Clandestino
03-02-2005, 10:08 AM
ahhh...I got it now...insoles made out of old melted down superballs...:lol

for you youngsters, superballs were these hard, raquetball sized balls made out some "spaceage" material that was marketed back when kids could have "dangerous" toys...however hard you threw it the ball seemed to bounce back twice as hard...If you took a full baseball style wind up and threw it down at the concrete they would bounce unbelievably far...I literally bounced one OVER my middle school...they were finally outlawed because of all the injuries, concussions, eyes smashed in, etc....

http://www.toyadz.com/toyadz/whamo/superball61.jpg

yeah, it is bullshit now how kids can't even have toy guns unless they are super neon colors...

i remember buying bbs and pellets for my guns... i was running around with a .22 when i was 6. poor kids nowadays

waly.mg
03-02-2005, 10:26 AM
It is always necessary to mention the site from where he leaves the answer

The link: http://manuginobili.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18504

Phenomanul
03-02-2005, 10:39 AM
It is always necessary to mention the site from where he leaves the answer

The link: http://manuginobili.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18504

Thanks for the link....

waly.mg
03-02-2005, 11:03 AM
It´s OK hegamboa
In fact when you enter to the forum fronm the website you can´t see the Link

If you want to see the link you may loggin from the Link:

http://manuginobili.com/forum/ and later you choice the room, and always have the link

bonesinaz
03-02-2005, 03:42 PM
Hegamoa-
I don't need a lecture on why orthodics are used. I was merely trying to be helpful and give you an idea of how to market your product. BTW-The word used for a supportive insert in a shoe is orthotic ( meaning straight or in place).

BTW- it's great that you have a BS in engineering.

I also hold a BS degree....and a doctorate. I just write in plain lanuage because it's not as rude.
-bones

Phenomanul
03-02-2005, 06:06 PM
Hegamoa-
I don't need a lecture on why orthodics are used. I was merely trying to be helpful and give you an idea of how to market your product. BTW-The word used for a supportive insert in a shoe is orthotic ( meaning straight or in place).

BTW- it's great that you have a BS in engineering.

I also hold a BS degree....and a doctorate. I just write in plain lanuage because it's not as rude.
-bones

Orthodic it is then.... thanks.

I was not trying to be condescending by any stretch of the word... I actually liked your comment because it made me think about contacting Manu to request a mold of his foot (whoa... those two words sound kind of unhygienic in that phrase) so that the issue you brought up could be avoided.

I was merely stating that the properties of my material were independent of shape, size or color etc....

By the way, not too many people here knew I was an engineer as it's not something I like to 'push' around... I don't need to belittle anyone. It's not my style....

I should have removed it from the original post, but I wanted Manu to at least know that my proposition was legit... How would he know?? Unfortunately this world wants to see credentials... resumé this and blah blah, blah... as proud as I am of my accomplishments, I don't need wear a shirt that states them all when I go around meeting people... But for the intents and purposes of the inquiry I made to Manu... I had no choice but to write them down.

As far as my writing style goes, I've been trying to improve it (everybody knows engineers are 'numbers' oriented people and not imensely adept at writing). Whether I write at home, at work or on this forum, I try to make it legible and understandable (sorry ducks). There are some people here, like Whottt, who have the ability write this sort of post in its entirety in the time it would take me to write two or three sentences.

The way I see it... everybody has strengths and weaknesses... and I have no problem with that as long as I work on the bad and keep improving the good.

To make a long story short, I'm sorry if you felt I was rude... I'm merely trying to improve my writing style.

bonesinaz
03-02-2005, 08:53 PM
No problem. Maybe I was a little too touchy today, so I do apologize for being so short with you. I have thought about your product today and just have some ideas for you. I love that fact that you have an entrepreneur's spirit.

I think that asking for a mold of Manu's foot would be a good idea, if his handlers would let him do it.

But there may be a problem with him getting to use the shoes to play. I don't know the NBA rules about footwear or orthodics, but in some sports the players are not allowed to do anything that gives them an outright advantage over other players unless it is medically necessary.

You could, however, have a potential gold mine with good marketing to the general public and the product wouldn't have to be custom orthodics. This would be possible by selling them as a special non-custom insert (think Dr. Scholl) or by selling them in a special shoe (like you mentioned).

So there you have it--2 potential marketing targets. 1. If this material you have is allowed by the NBA, you would have many instant and repeat customers in the NBA players themselves. 2. The 2nd market is every kid and adult who plays a sport where jumping higher is an advantage.

I think you could contact a shoe company, an custom orthodic company, or just get a hold of Dr. Scholl and have them look at your product.

Good luck and again I apologize for my grumpiness.