m33p0
01-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Marbury prepared to move on
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9097214/Marbury-prepared-to-move-on

by Marc Berman, New York Post

add this RSS blog email print
Updated: January 18, 2009, 11:08 AM EST
268 comments
There is - finally - movement on a Stephon Marbury buyout, The Post has learned.

The banished Marbury told The Post yesterday his $1 million giveback is back on the table. Marbury said he's waiting to hear back from Knicks president Donnie Walsh on his proposal.

Marbury, who is training in Los Angeles, says he has a firm offer from at least one club, allowing him to change his negotiating stance for the first time in seven weeks. The Celtics are the leading candidates to sign Marbury, according to a source.

More from the New York Post

* Vaccaro: Super message for Jets
* Willis: Duhon tasted Obama's audacity
* Vecsey: Newcombe's seen it all
* More from The New York Post

Marbury had taken the $1 million giveback off the table during their stormy Dec. 1 meeting. Marbury put it back in play because at least one team has now made a commitment to him, allowing him to make the $1 million back.

Walsh last offered Marbury to take $3 million less. Marbury has been told by Knicks officials the matter is in owner James Dolan's hands and he's been awaiting word for several days.

"I'm hoping," Marbury told The Post. "I don't know what the real reason would be if they didn't take it. I can't fight a billion-dollar company. I've been waiting nearly a week."

During the Celtics' trip to the Garden Jan. 4, Kevin Garnett said his former Minnesota teammate would be welcomed, calling him "one of the best point guards I've ever played with."

Marbury attended Friday night's Lakers-Orlando game in L.A. as a guest of Lakers executive Jeanie Buss. That Marbury is back training is a sign he feels Walsh may accept it.

However, Marbury also fears Dolan won't accept his offer until after March 2, when he'd be no longer eligible for a playoff roster.

The Knicks could use the roster spot since they are still waiting on the disabled player exception before waiving Cuttino Mobley. The Knicks could sign a guard with Marbury's roster spot to a 10-day contract.

Indazone
01-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Starbury is screwed this season as far as the playoffs go but he'll be ok next year.

lil_penny
01-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Starbury is screwed this season as far as the playoffs go but he'll be ok next year.

Are you kidding me?? Marbury don't give a fuck about no stupid playoffs, he's gonna be drinking margaritas bangin senoritas... he's living the american dream right now.

Fabbs
01-20-2009, 01:39 PM
So when translated, he still wants 19 million this year from the Knicks.

And he turns down the Knicks offer of 17 million for sitting on his ass doing nothing plus the chance to get a title.

MeBury has zero interest in a Championship.

Spur-Addict
01-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Make him eat the year N.Y.

Don't let this fool help a team out there that doesn't deserve it.

jack sommerset
01-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Make him eat the year N.Y.

Don't let this fool help a team out there that doesn't deserve it.

I don't think he can help a team out. I only remember him playing good in Minnesota and he had Garnett. Jason Kidd and Marbury switch places (Marbury said when traded he got the better end of that deal) Kidd takes the same team to 2 Championship finals. Marbury does nothing.