PDA

View Full Version : Was Bush43 the best president ever . . .

timvp
01-20-2009, 01:42 PM
. . . in terms of creating the most seamless and most genuine transition of power?

clambake
01-20-2009, 01:45 PM
too bad he wasn't assasinated earlier? bush or obama?

angel_luv
01-20-2009, 01:47 PM
I think both President Bush and President Obama, along with both their staffs, deserve credit for things going as smoothly as they did.

clambake
01-20-2009, 01:49 PM
isn't it a bit too early to call?

timvp
01-20-2009, 01:49 PM
isn't it a bit too early to call?The transition is complete . . .

angel_luv
01-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Well President Obama did say; " I thank President Bush for his service to our nation, as well as the generosity and cooperation he has shown throughout this transition."
And I think President Obama would know better than anyone.

clambake
01-20-2009, 01:51 PM
The transition is complete . . .

yes, but what about the aftermath?

let him at least kick the tires.

timvp
01-20-2009, 01:51 PM
yes, but what about the aftermath?

let him at least kick the tires.This poll is about the transition, not the aftermath.

Winehole23
01-20-2009, 01:52 PM
. . . in terms of creating the most seamless and most genuine transition of power?Oh, tricky. Didn't scan the ellipsis.

With that qualification, I'd be tempted to say yes. But I don't know very much about presidential transitions.

I also agree with AngelLuv that Obama gets some credit, too.

clambake
01-20-2009, 01:55 PM
This poll is about the transition, not the aftermath.

ok then, yes, by initial appearances.

what if fedex delivers a lien on the house thats tied to the previous occupant?

balli
01-20-2009, 01:56 PM
I think Bush did as good a job as Obama probably demanded from him. Which is good and a measure of credit to him. But if Obama's transition people hadn't been so on top of things/there to hold Bush's hand, he would've fucked it up, just like everything else.

MiamiHeat
01-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Duh. If Bush wasn't such an evil piece of shit, we wouldn't care this much.

if the Nazi's weren't such great bad guys, WWII wouldn't be as legendary as it is.

Bush created Obama.

DarrinS
01-20-2009, 02:09 PM
At least the Bush's left the silverware and towels behind, unlike Billary and Shillary.

EricB
01-20-2009, 02:11 PM
He didn't take the H's or O's off the keyboard, so he improved from who he took over from.

MiamiHeat
01-20-2009, 02:15 PM
At least the Bush's left the silverware and towels behind, unlike Billary and Shillary.

Bill and Hillary left a government surplus in the budget for the next president to use. He created a lockbox for social security. he left our nation in peace time and wealthy.

Bushit left the government in four times as much national debt, the worst financial crisis since the great depression, destroyed social security's lockbox and helped it reach bankruptcy, left our nation in war and the dollar is still falling.

go ahead and take the silverware, bill.

angel_luv
01-20-2009, 02:16 PM

:lol

That would be an awesome photoshop pic

EricB
01-20-2009, 02:17 PM
Bill and Hillary left a government surplus in the budget for the next president to use. He created a lockbox for social security. he left our nation in peace time and wealthy.

Bushit left the government in four times as much national debt, the worst financial crisis since the great depression, destroyed social security's lockbox and helped it reach bankruptcy, left our nation in war and the dollar is still falling.

go ahead and take the silverware, bill.

Two words.

Move

On

lefty
01-20-2009, 02:45 PM
I think both President Bush and President Obama, along with both their staffs, deserve credit for things going as smoothly as they did.

Ummm..... what ?

lefty
01-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Well President Obama did say; " I thank President Bush for his service to our nation, as well as the generosity and cooperation he has shown throughout this transition."

Don't be naive; do you think he would have destroyed him in front of the press?

He was just being polite

angel_luv
01-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Don't be naive; do you think he would have destroyed him in front of the press?

He was just being polite

President Obama could have left it out of his speech if he didn't mean it.

He could have just thanked President Bush for his service to the country and left it at that.

balli
01-20-2009, 02:49 PM
Two words.

Move

On

Tell that to the poster who started bitching about the Clintons to begin with.

Bartleby
01-20-2009, 02:55 PM

Obama should have also thanked Bush for his hospitality during the transition, but I suppose he is above that, especially on a day like this.

Ignignokt
01-20-2009, 03:02 PM

This thread is not about whiny liberal douchey hippocritical girls living in the state of Utah while bitching about jesus freaks, this about How badass Bush was as president in terms of the smooth transition.

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

nothing personal here.

balli
01-20-2009, 03:12 PM
This thread is not about whiny liberal douchey hippocritical girls living in the state of Utah while bitching about jesus freaks, this about How badass Bush was as president in terms of the smooth transition.

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

nothing personal here.

When the fuck did I say anything about Jesus or his freaks? Seriously? I didn't say shit about Jesus. The more Jesus the better.

And I didn't say anything about myself, or Utah. And I didn't whine about anything. Or do anything that could be considered "hippocritical" (Critical of Hippo's I assume? Or did you mean Hypocritical?)

In fact, all I've said in this thread is that Bush did a good job with the transition and I asked somebody to stop talking about the Clintons. So in effect I talked about:

How badass Bush was as president in terms of the smooth transition.

While trying to keep the conversation on said topic.

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about, ya fucking crazy-stupid, piece of shit. Fuck off.

Ignignokt
01-20-2009, 03:20 PM
When the fuck did I say anything about Jesus or his freaks? Seriously? I didn't say shit about Jesus. The more Jesus the better.

And I didn't say anything about myself, or Utah. And I didn't whine about anything. Or do anything that could be considered "hippocritical" (Critical of Hippo's I assume? Or did you mean Hypocritical?)

In fact, all I've said in this thread is that Bush did a good job with the transition and I asked somebody to stop talking about the Clintons. So in effect I talked about:

While trying to keep the conversation on said topic.

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about, ya fucking crazy-stupid, piece of shit. Fuck off!!@#$!@%!^^&!@$!!U@IOI@#$I!! <thud>

{tranquilized.}

fixed.

spurster
01-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Ha Ha! Trick poll. The transition has been pretty good with little rancour and not much rushing of regulations that Obama would undo. Maybe the transition from Reagan to George I was better. Ha ha!

FreeMason
01-20-2009, 03:57 PM
As much as I hate politicians and government..

It's pretty damn cool seeing such a peaceful transition of power.

DarkReign
01-20-2009, 04:06 PM
As much as I hate politicians and government..

It's pretty damn cool seeing such a peaceful transition of power.

Agreed. I dont believe it is this easy even in a Parlimentary government like Britain or Canada. Too much bad blood, too much in-fighting.

Like Winehole said, I have limited to no experience with Presidential transitions, so I cant say this was better than others.

But it was smooth and both men (Bush and Obama) were classy as hell during the process.

J.T.
01-20-2009, 04:10 PM
Shit, didn't read the first post before I voted.

Darrin
01-20-2009, 04:49 PM
He was a tyrant. He entered office under the cloak of compassion and slowly revealed his harsh convictions and idealogy. He exercised his beliefs at the expense of American growth in the last 8 years.

Where he had a chance to show the ultimate compassion, he supported spying and torture. He spoke of his faith in the American people and he spent not a single day trusting us. He spoke of dirty politics and exercised them better than perhaps anyone I have seen. Where he entered the office talking about the dangers of nation-building, he performed a five-year exercise supporting his arguments of the 2000 campaign.

The day the first bombs fell in Baghdad in March, 2003 were my last as a Conservative. My political evolution and study of history has corrected my course. I thank Mr. Bush for highlighting what was wrong with our system. I want to thank him for making me a more diligent citizen.

But do not expect me to congratulate him for his test of fire. He jeopardized the republic.

ElNono
01-20-2009, 06:52 PM
It might look seamless from the outside, but considering the clusterfuck we're currently into, I'm pretty sure transitions like this are a lot easier in times of prosperity than the hell we're living in right now.

MaNuMaNiAc
01-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Tell you what, I think it was the least he could do. After all, he left Obama a hell of a mess on everything else.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-20-2009, 11:51 PM
Fuck W and fuck his entire fucking puppet string pulling family. They're all a bunch of evil fucks and I will be spending the entire Obama presidency days praying that this unanimous public opinion of Bush 43s colossal fuckup will forever keep a Bush from ever running for the presidency ever again. Fuck them. Stupid fucks. The only thing he was best at was being a huge spoiled dip shit.

Winehole23
01-21-2009, 12:14 AM
The $15 billion to fight AIDS in Africa might have done a little good.

Rogue
01-21-2009, 12:25 AM
Bush may get this honour in 2300 but it isn't gonna go for him within the next two centuries.

Bush has made countless mistakes during his 8-year administration, I have to admit that and so does bush himself, but can't we be seriously fair for fucking 5 minutes. We were attacked by those motherfuckers on september11 but we haven't suffered another terrorist attack since then, some of us have paid too much attention to the lives and dollars we lost in the war, but just ignored his contributions to our nation.

Bush re-energized our nation and heavily damaged our enemies.

EricB
01-22-2009, 01:39 AM

So giving reference is bitching?

fascinating.

EricB
01-22-2009, 01:41 AM
The $15 billion to fight AIDS in Africa might have done a little good.

The epitome of the guy could do no right :lol

Winehole23
01-22-2009, 01:45 AM
The epitome of the guy could do no right :lolHonestly, it was the only thing I could think of.

Oh, Gee!!
01-22-2009, 02:41 PM

but Obama is the "anti-christ" according to you, so he always says the opposite of what is true. so wouldn't that mean that Dubya was not cooperative?

ClingingMars
01-22-2009, 03:17 PM
He didn't take the H's or O's off the keyboard, so he improved from who he took over from.

+1

i remember hearing about that

-Mars

ploto
01-22-2009, 10:35 PM
The transition was smooth because Bush was cordial and Obama was organized- which is what we already know about both of them.

BlackSwordsMan
01-22-2009, 11:07 PM
No. Too bad Bush43 wasn't assassinated.

Winehole23
01-23-2009, 03:24 AM
No. Too bad Bush43 wasn't assassinated.Really?

It's not enough for you that he's already gone? You're a greedy one.

I think it's regrettable that you're giving Whott ammunition like this for his Bush persecution fugue, but it's a free country. Carry on.

ratm1221
01-23-2009, 08:14 AM
I don't think Bush had a choice but to be his absolute best on the transition, so it isn't genuine and doesn't count for shit in my book. When you are up for nomination for being the worst president in American history, your last act in office better be a good one. Tell me this. If you have an employee that is always 20 minutes late, but gets to work on time every day after you tell him you are going to fire him if he's late again... would you consider him a punctual employee? Or someone that's just on time so he doesn't get fired?

Ya Vez
01-23-2009, 11:33 AM
I don't think Bush had a choice but to be his absolute best on the transition, so it isn't genuine and doesn't count for shit in my book. When you are up for nomination for being the worst president in American history, your last act in office better be a good one. Tell me this. If you have an employee that is always 20 minutes late, but gets to work on time every day after you tell him you are going to fire him if he's late again... would you consider him a punctual employee? Or someone that's just on time so he doesn't get fired?

ahh did you live through the 70's under jimmy carter... or were the 60's under LBJ and Vietnam war really awesome times....

Wild Cobra
01-24-2009, 01:50 PM
Another poll so inaccurate because of asinine answers. I'm sorry, I simply cannot believe anyone voted yes with honesty. I have never met a Bush supporter make such a claim. A good president, yes. The best. No way in hell! Remember, the poll comes before the post. Even reading the post first, the answer is still "not the best."

Winehole23
01-24-2009, 01:55 PM
You didn't follow the ellipsis. Apparently, you didn't read through the thread either.

Reading is your friend, WildCobra. Go back to post number one for a clue about the real poll question.

RobinsontoDuncan
01-24-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm no Bush fan by any stretch, but I did not vote no because he didn't do an awesome job in the transition to power, I voted no because "ever" is a big statement, and I don't know enough about previous transitions to say yes.