PDA

View Full Version : all you white people need to embrace whats right

implacable44
01-20-2009, 03:24 PM
had to be the worst innagural prayer -- when they say unity -- do they mean unity against whitey ? Ridiculous...

'Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around... when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white will embrace what is right. That all those who do justice and love mercy say Amen. Say Amen'

DarkReign
01-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Meh, while I agree its a strange swipe at the majority, being a minority allows it.

Now, if Obama himself had said it, entirely different story.

But in this case, its just pandering.

JamStone
01-20-2009, 03:30 PM
You cannot ignore history just to sound politically correct and not hurt feelings.

In the history of this country, from a political point of view, white men have not always embraced what's right.

It's a different age, different country, different people, but it hasn't been as long as you might think that white segregation existed in this country. There still is some subtle forms of segregation today. Just a decade ago, a former grand wizard of the KKK was vying to run for the presidency.

It's a little inappropriate because it focused blame only on "white," but it's not as bad as you might think.

implacable44
01-20-2009, 03:42 PM
You cannot ignore history just to sound politically correct and not hurt feelings.

In the history of this country, from a political point of view, white men have not always embraced what's right.

It's a different age, different country, different people, but it hasn't been as long as you might think that white segregation existed in this country. There still is some subtle forms of segregation today. Just a decade ago, a former grand wizard of the KKK was vying to run for the presidency.

It's a little inappropriate because it focused blame only on "white," but it's not as bad as you might think.

not as badly as i might think ? You think the white man has cornered the market on embracing what is wrong ?black folkks and minorities have the market on what is right ?

you mention the KKK -- what about the black panthers ? La reconquista ? La Raza ? Black Liberation Theology ?

libtards have a long standing senator - Robert Byrd -- former KKK member for many years.

johnsmith
01-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Fuck, at least four years of everyone recognizing how racist everyone else is.

I for one can't wait.

implacable44
01-20-2009, 03:45 PM
We should not ever have to listen to the race card again...

timvp
01-20-2009, 03:49 PM
I choked on my watermelon on that part. He said "when brown can stick around, if it's yellow let it mellow" or something like that. At that point I thought he took going green a step too far.

DarkReign
01-20-2009, 03:52 PM
I choked on my watermelon on that part. He said "when brown can stick around, if it's yellow let it mellow" or something like that. At that point I thought he took going green a step too far.

:lmao

Whats the saying? "If its yellow, let it mellow. If its brown, flush it down."

http://i.pbase.com/o4/98/583898/1/63713939.VPwOC7GO.rimshot.gif

(btw, ST needs a rimshot smilie...or is it that I cant find it?)

FreeMason
01-20-2009, 03:53 PM
http://b9.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00147/97/56/147166579_m.jpg

FreeMason
01-20-2009, 03:54 PM

LMAO!

o rly!?

Sportcamper
01-20-2009, 03:56 PM
Who said...when white will embrace what is right?

Anyone have a link?

I. Hustle
01-20-2009, 04:01 PM
La Raza?

implacable44
01-20-2009, 04:01 PM
Who said...when white will embrace what is right?

Anyone have a link?

rev. Joseph Lowery from the United Church with his black liberation theology -- but I do believe it is first said back in the 60's -- I could be wrong though..

baseline bum
01-20-2009, 04:13 PM
That's what you get looking to a prayer for intelligence.

The Reckoning
01-20-2009, 04:23 PM
lol whitey. white people have never ever ever ever accomplished anything....ever

white people were put on this earth to specifically destroy civilization as we know it.

implacable44
01-20-2009, 04:25 PM
lol whitey. white people have never ever ever ever accomplished anything....ever

white people were put on this earth to specifically destroy civilization as we know it.

almost got it done too.... Whitey almost completed the mission.-- but now whitey will have to sit back and let half whitey finish the goal and get all the glory.

DarkReign
01-20-2009, 04:27 PM

FIFY

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Today's threads are hilarious.

JamStone
01-20-2009, 04:31 PM
not as badly as i might think ? You think the white man has cornered the market on embracing what is wrong ?black folkks and minorities have the market on what is right ?

you mention the KKK -- what about the black panthers ? La reconquista ? La Raza ? Black Liberation Theology ?

libtards have a long standing senator - Robert Byrd -- former KKK member for many years.

Never said only the white man embraced what is wrong.

In the history of this country, there have been people of all races, all colors, all religions that have done negative things in this country to varying scales and degrees.

However, since this country was officially founded as an independent nation, white men have controlled the country from a political, social, and economic stand point. So, their errs, their wrongdoings affected more people, particularly minorities. The wrongdoings of minorities rarely affected the white man to those scales and degrees.

You can talk about the Black Panthers or la Raza and talk about what they've done. Anything any minority group or groups have done pale in comparison to mass murder of Native Americans, relocation and land acquisition from those same Native Americans, 200 years of slavery, another 100+ years of segregation, racial insensitivity, Japanese concentration camps, exclusion of voting rights, rights to education, rights to federal aid. They pale in comparison. Minority groups couldn't impact white people or the country as a whole the way white men in political power affected and impacted the lives of minorities.

Fine, what he said might have been a little off-putting, maybe even inappropriate. But, it's not inaccurate or really wrong for him to say it.

BushDynasty
01-20-2009, 04:31 PM
Shucks, how come there was never anything this fun when I was in office??

Darrin
01-20-2009, 04:33 PM
had to be the worst innagural prayer -- when they say unity -- do they mean unity against whitey ? Ridiculous...

'Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around... when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white will embrace what is right. That all those who do justice and love mercy say Amen. Say Amen'

Read the full transcript of Martin Luther King's last speech in Memphis, Tennessee. Quote more than just that. If you've read it you'll see he raises King to sainthood in that quote. He talks of seeing the promise land with this office. I thought he was over-the-top, but I didn't think this was about black-white. This was about the dream of King.

implacable44
01-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Read the full transcript of Martin Luther King's last speech in Memphis, Tennessee. Quote more than just that. If you've read it you'll see he raises King to sainthood in that quote. He talks of seeing the promise land with this office. I thought he was over-the-top, but I didn't think this was about black-white. This was about the dream of King.

why would I read the full transcript of Dr. King's last speech ? This was said in a prayer be the rev. today not in 196's America. -- it is a little less relevant today and very inappropriate.

implacable44
01-20-2009, 04:47 PM

In the history of this country, there have been people of all races, all colors, all religions that have done negative things in this country to varying scales and degrees.

However, since this country was officially founded as an independent nation, white men have controlled the country from a political, social, and economic stand point. So, their errs, their wrongdoings affected more people, particularly minorities. The wrongdoings of minorities rarely affected the white man to those scales and degrees.

You can talk about the Black Panthers or la Raza and talk about what they've done. Anything any minority group or groups have done pale in comparison to mass murder of Native Americans, relocation and land acquisition from those same Native Americans, 200 years of slavery, another 100+ years of segregation, racial insensitivity, Japanese concentration camps, exclusion of voting rights, rights to education, rights to federal aid. They pale in comparison. Minority groups couldn't impact white people or the country as a whole the way white men in political power affected and impacted the lives of minorities.

Fine, what he said might have been a little off-putting, maybe even inappropriate. But, it's not inaccurate or really wrong for him to say it.

well now you are getting into a whole different discussion - where you say the lines are drawn racially - others would argue it is more economically than racially and some would say it was more gender bias.. Then you want to talk slavery - but nobody reallly wants to talk slavery other than to blame the white man - they dont want to talk about slavery in other nations or how the slaves were obtained ..who sold the slaves into slavery in the first place... nobody wants to really talk slavery - japanese concentration camps.. interesting point... Executive Order 9066 -- who issues that order again ? Ph yeah FDR - the author of the first new Deal -- and along comes BHO future author of the 2nd new new deal. History is not so easily explained -- nor is blame so easily placed on white folks. Plenty of white folks suffered the same discriminations. discrimination favors no color, race, creed, religion, or gender. Neither does misery, poverty, greed or crappy luck.

Shastafarian
01-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Why do you care about what someone, who is inconsequential, said at an event that is glorified ceremony?

Darrin
01-20-2009, 04:52 PM
why would I read the full transcript of Dr. King's last speech ? This was said in a prayer be the rev. today not in 196's America. -- it is a little less relevant today and very inappropriate.The reverend references King. The thread's author is misinterpreting his prayer.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 04:52 PM
History is pretty easily explained: the USA has only been free of the most egregious racial exclusion and discrimination for less than 20% of its existence. In spite of all their present whining, whites were indeed in charge the entire time.

implacable44
01-20-2009, 04:54 PM
The reverend references King. The thread's author is misinterpreting his prayer.

no I am not misinterpreting his prayer.

JamStone
01-20-2009, 04:55 PM
The discussion hasn't changed. White men have been in political, social, and economic control of the United States of America since its foundation as a nation. The wrongdoings of white men impacted the country infinitely greater than any wrongdoings of minorities. That's my point. No one is blameless or flawless. But, those in power and their decisions make the most impact on the nation. And, that's why it's inevitable that the criticism is the harshest to the white man. That's just how it is.

We don't need to talk about slavery in other countries because we're talking about this country. It's not to say that all white people share blame, or that people who are not white are blameless. It is to say that when we speak in generalizations, as Dr. Lowery did, it's not an unfair point to say the people who have been predominantly in power should embrace what is right, while those people who have not shared in the rights the people in power have had get a similar chance at rights and freedoms to make their lives better.

It's not a different discussion at all. It's clarification of what he's talking about and why.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 04:58 PM
The discussion hasn't changed. White men have been in political, social, and economic control of the United States of America since its foundation as a nation. The wrongdoings of white men impacted the country infinitely greater than any wrongdoings of minorities. That's my point. No one is blameless or flawless. But, those in power and their decisions make the most impact on the nation. And, that's why it's inevitable that the criticism is the harshest to the white man. That's just how it is.Did I ever tell you about the time a black guy yelled at me at a gas station?

implacable44
01-20-2009, 04:59 PM
The discussion hasn't changed. White men have been in political, social, and economic control of the United States of America since its foundation as a nation. The wrongdoings of white men impacted the country infinitely greater than any wrongdoings of minorities. That's my point. No one is blameless or flawless. But, those in power and their decisions make the most impact on the nation. And, that's why it's inevitable that the criticism is the harshest to the white man. That's just how it is.

We don't need to talk about slavery in other countries because we're talking about this country. It's not to say that all white people share blame, or that people who are not white are blameless. It is to say that when we speak in generalizations, as Dr. Lowery did, it's not an unfair point to say the people who have been predominantly in power should embrace what is right, while those people who have not shared in the rights the people in power have had get a similar chance at rights and freedoms to make their lives better.

It's not a different discussion at all. It's clarification of what he's talking about and why.

and again - -it might have been more relevant when the words were first uttered -- not today. It is further indication of black liberation theology which promotes no unity -- that same theology at Obama's church of 20 years. To say such things in a prayer - that white embrace what is right is divisive - not unifying and contradictory to the perception you clones and subjects have of your savior. Several "white" people have suffered the same prejudices and discriminations.

We can focus on slavery in this country and the story of slavery in this country needs to include how those slaves were obtained in Africa.

The

JamStone
01-20-2009, 04:59 PM
Did I ever tell you about the time a black guy yelled at me at a gas station?

Nope. Please do tell.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Whites should embrace what is wrong!

Shastafarian
01-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Did I ever tell you about the time a black guy yelled at me at a gas station?

Did you then find it necessary to harp about states' rights and use a symbol to display your indignation for the desecration of the America of old?

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Several "white" people have suffered the same prejudices and discriminations.You got that right. He was yelling really loud.

implacable44
01-20-2009, 05:02 PM
Did you then find it necessary to harp about states' rights and use a symbol to display your indignation for the desecration of the America of old?

or did you form groups like the NAACP - the ACLU the UNCF etc to fight for your rights ? did you ask for affirmative action and tell the gas station owner he should pump to you before the other guy because of your race ?

Darrin
01-20-2009, 05:03 PM
no I am not misinterpreting his prayer.

Then you need to widen your perspective of it by reading King's Mountaintop speech.

Shastafarian
01-20-2009, 05:04 PM
or did you form groups like the NAACP - the ACLU the UNCF etc to fight for your rights ? did you ask for affirmative action and tell the gas station owner he should pump to you before the other guy because of your race ?

It's funny how over your head the inside jokes are going.

implacable44
01-20-2009, 05:04 PM
Then you need to widen your perspective of it by reading King's Mountaintop speech.

No I dont.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 05:06 PM
implacable wants to be oppressed too -- he's just begging for it.

JamStone
01-20-2009, 05:08 PM
and again - -it might have been more relevant when the words were first uttered -- not today. It is further indication of black liberation theology which promotes no unity -- that same theology at Obama's church of 20 years. To say such things in a prayer - that white embrace what is right is divisive - not unifying and contradictory to the perception you clones and subjects have of your savior. Several "white" people have suffered the same prejudices and discriminations.

Don't deny that. "Several" compared to hundreds of thousands is the distinction.

For the record, while I voted for Obama, I don't have any blinded notions that he is a savior or a perfect man. Like most, I am happier with the fact that he's not George W. Bush rather than he is black or mixed or Democrat or whatever else. But there is also no denying what his election to the Presidency represents for this nation. Whether he ends up becoming a great president or not remains to be seen. The fact that a person of color was able to be elected to the office of the President of the United States of America in and of itself speaks to the mass changing of perception of the country as a whole. That's what is great about today. It's not just about Obama. It's about what his election represents. It's about this country embracing a broader scope of culture and diversity.

In your bitterness to point out a perceived insult to "white people," you're missing what's so great about today. It's not just about black or white or one "race" showing up the other. It's about the nation being able to embrace both, and beyond that, other races, other religions, other cultures. I'm not white. I'm not black. And, it still gives me a sense of pride that the country I live in has in some ways opened itself to a more multicultural view of itself.

We can focus on slavery in this country and the story of slavery in this country needs to include how those slaves were obtained in Africa.

The

Acknowledging and realizing there is blame to be shared does not relinquish blame from white slavery or the white government that allowed slavery to last 200 years. That's an incongruent argument.

Shastafarian
01-20-2009, 05:09 PM

He could start his own organization. The SVLU. The Sandy Vagina Liberation Union.

DarkReign
01-20-2009, 05:09 PM
Nope. Please do tell.

CD was referencing an older post of his in defense of stores selling shirts with Obama's image that said "Niggaz run 'dis shit".

Someone on the board got all indignant about it and after using CD-mind tricks stated that the offended white people come off as guys who had a "black guy [yell] at me at a gas station", thus the reason they look for reverse racism in everything.

Now that I have explained the joke, I have ruined the joke. But I dont think it fair if you misinterpret his message, JS.

implacable44
01-20-2009, 05:11 PM

your mom oppresses me all the time ma'am

clambake
01-20-2009, 05:11 PM

no. it led me down the path to plagiarism.

implacable44
01-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Don't deny that. "Several" compared to hundreds of thousands is the distinction.

For the record, while I voted for Obama, I don't have any blinded notions that he is a savior or a perfect man. Like most, I am happier with the fact that he's not George W. Bush rather than he is black or mixed or Democrat or whatever else. But there is also no denying what his election to the Presidency represents for this nation. Whether he ends up becoming a great president or not remains to be seen. The fact that a person of color was able to be elected to the office of the President of the United States of America in and of itself speaks to the mass changing of perception of the country as a whole. That's what is great about today. It's not just about Obama. It's about what his election represents. It's about this country embracing a broader scope of culture and diversity.

In your bitterness to point out a perceived insult to "white people," you're missing what's so great about today. It's not just about black or white or one "race" showing up the other. It's about the nation being able to embrace both, and beyond that, other races, other religions, other cultures. I'm not white. I'm not black. And, it still gives me a sense of pride that the country I live in has in some ways opened itself to a more multicultural view of itself.

Acknowledging and realizing there is blame to be shared does not relinquish blame from white slavery or the white government that allowed slavery to last 200 years. That's an incongruent argument.

it is not an incongruent argument - it is part of the argument that is ALWAYS left out because it does not benefit the blame WHITEY and give us all entitlements agenda.

I agree with you and I think it is a great thing as well. I hope that it also means I will never have to listen to the race card being played again.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 05:13 PM
your mom oppresses me all the time ma'amShe's dead, so either you're a necrophiliac or a bad liar.

I'd believe either one since you already hate America.

Sportcamper
01-20-2009, 05:14 PM
I never knew that I have been in political, social, and economic control of the United States…

I just thought that all this time I was working two jobs, 90 plus hours a week, to pay for groceries, rent & my kids orthodontist bills…

Shastafarian
01-20-2009, 05:15 PM
She's dead, so either you're a necrophiliac or a bad liar.

Isn't this the same guy who said "no hard feelings" and then wouldn't take back what he said about your mother? I guess he wants hard feelings...about dead people. What a sicko.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Isn't this the same guy who said "no hard feelings" and then wouldn't take back what he said about your mother? I guess he wants hard feelings...about dead people. What a sicko.I don't know why people keep going there after all this time. It never ends well for them.

implacable44
01-20-2009, 05:17 PM
I dont harbor any hard feelings - I have no feelings at all for either of you - well anyone on this board really. now unwad your panties, girls.

implacable44
01-20-2009, 05:18 PM
She's dead, so either you're a necrophiliac or a bad liar.

dung - you hate america. Which is why you voted for a Marxist and are a libtard. You hate america. You hate capitalism.

Shastafarian
01-20-2009, 05:18 PM
I dont harbor any hard feelings - I have no feelings at all for either of you - well anyone on this board really. no unwad your panties, girls.

An interesting comment from the person who started this thread.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 05:22 PM
He could start his own organization. The SVLU. The Sandy Vagina Liberation Union.impacable and Brutalis could start a t-shirt company.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 05:23 PM
dung - you hate america. Which is why you voted for a Marxist and are a libtard. You hate america. You hate capitalism.I voted for McCain.

You don't even know what a marxist is.

jack sommerset
01-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Meh, while I agree its a strange swipe at the majority, being a minority allows it.

Now, if Obama himself had said it, entirely different story.

But in this case, its just pandering.

You think Obama did not know anything about this prayer? He did and approved it. The biggest day of his life and he pulls that shit. Yup a change is a coming.:lol

timvp
01-20-2009, 06:08 PM
All your white people base are belong to us.

The Reckoning
01-20-2009, 06:21 PM
All your white people base are belong to us.

classic

ploto
01-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Do some of you even know about the slogans of the Civil Rights Movement in the United States?

Eagle70ss
01-20-2009, 10:21 PM

While I have no doubt these things happened, the point your missing is that nobody alive today was there for any of that stuff that happened centuries ago. And there is very very few people alive that could remember the 50's and 60's civil rights stuff. Most were children during that time. So why should every "white" person be stigmatized for all that? If anyone can even agree on what "white" means. Russian? Ukrainian? Swedish? Spanish? And if they migrate to the US they get blamed too? I guess everyone gets lumped in just because they happen to have pale skin? I was not born until '77. Is all that my fault too? I had nothing to do with it. Where does it end?

Oh and I happen to be part "Red Man", which is actually offensive to most Native peoples by the way. Most Native-Americans were wiped out from disease, not war. There was an isolated indecent where tainted blankets were given to Indians intentionally to get them infected, but that was not commonplace.

And remember that the slaves that were brought to America were in many cases already enslaved by another African tribe and sold to Europeans. However, Europeans( almost 150 years ago) were more to blame. But that blame should not be passed to 4,5,6 generations down the line just because they happen to be so called "white".

This is exactly the kind of thinking that Dr. King fought against. Don't prejudge someone for the color of their skin(i.e. "White: People), but the content of their character. This Reverend did not serve Obama well. Obama ran a campaign on "inclusiveness" and togetherness. This Rev. language would only seek to divide us.

JamStone
01-20-2009, 10:49 PM
While I have no doubt these things happened, the point your missing is that nobody alive today was there for any of that stuff that happened centuries ago. And there is very very few people alive that could remember the 50's and 60's civil rights stuff. Most were children during that time. So why should every "white" person be stigmatized for all that? If anyone can even agree on what "white" means. Russian? Ukrainian? Swedish? Spanish? And if they migrate to the US they get blamed too? I guess everyone gets lumped in just because they happen to have pale skin? I was not born until '77. Is all that my fault too? I had nothing to do with it. Where does it end?

First of all, there is still racism today. So, while I used an example of slavery, that's not the only thing involved with the perception of white oppression. The Civil Rights stuff brought those issue to the forefront of American political culture. That doesn't mean those issues aren't still relevant or prevalent today.

I think you're missing the point of what Lowery was saying. He didn't say, "fuck the white man." He essentially said, "let's hope that the white man does good, does right." It was a prayer and a hope that things really have turned around. He didn't say, "now that we got a black man in office, let's go fuck with the white man." That's not what he's saying at all. He's not stigmatizing all white people. He's saying let's celebrate this change and hope that there is real change, for all people, for black people, brown, yellow, and red, who haven't had the same rights and privileges as the white man.

Again, I don't think it was the most appropriate thing to say, but it wasn't hateful and it wasn't really bad for him to "hope" that things have really changed.

Oh and I happen to be part "Red Man", which is actually offensive to most Native peoples by the way. Most Native-Americans were wiped out from disease, not war. There was an isolated indecent where tainted blankets were given to Indians intentionally to get them infected, but that was not commonplace.

And there are some black people that don't like being called "black" because in fact the vast majority of African Americans are actually dark brown. But, hey, take the prayer and the words of the prayer in context of what he was trying to convey as a message. All colors. All races. All shades. Let us celebrate this day that seemingly opens the door for all colors to have the same opportunities that white people have had for over 400 years. That's what it's about. It's not about being ultimately politically correct and politically safe in his word choices.

And remember that the slaves that were brought to America were in many cases already enslaved by another African tribe and sold to Europeans. However, Europeans( almost 150 years ago) were more to blame. But that blame should not be passed to 4,5,6 generations down the line just because they happen to be so called "white".

I understand that point. It's the same point that implacable was trying to make. I don't deny it. I don't justify it. I don't forgive it. But as it pertains to American politics and the issues of race and color in the political landscape of the history of the United States, it's not altogether pertinent. Those African slave movers didn't live in America, in the United States of America. The American slavery issues poignant to the history of the United States and to the race issues that subsequently followed in the United States of America happened in the United States of America. There is no blame forgotten or taken away from the African slave movers. They share blame of course. But, all the wrongs of the 200 years of American slavery that also gave birth to the racial tensions of segregation and inequal rights and freedoms focus on White Americans, not the African slave movers and slave tradesmen.

This is exactly the kind of thinking that Dr. King fought against. Don't prejudge someone for the color of their skin(i.e. "White: People), but the content of their character. This Reverend did not serve Obama well. Obama ran a campaign on "inclusiveness" and togetherness. This Rev. language would only seek to divide us.

It's not prejudging white people to "hope" that times have changed and to hope that white people can embrace that change. It's misinterpreting his words for the sake of making an argument for divisiveness. The intent was not that at all.

micca
01-20-2009, 11:18 PM
First of all, there is still racism today. So, while I used an example of slavery, that's not the only thing involved with the perception of white oppression. The Civil Rights stuff brought those issue to the forefront of American political culture. That doesn't mean those issues aren't still relevant or prevalent today.

I think you're missing the point of what Lowery was saying. He didn't say, "fuck the white man." He essentially said, "let's hope that the white man does good, does right." It was a prayer and a hope that things really have turned around. He didn't say, "now that we got a black man in office, let's go fuck with the white man." That's not what he's saying at all. He's not stigmatizing all white people. He's saying let's celebrate this change and hope that there is real change, for all people, for black people, brown, yellow, and red, who haven't had the same rights and privileges as the white man.

Again, I don't think it was the most appropriate thing to say, but it wasn't hateful and it wasn't really bad for him to "hope" that things have really changed.

And there are some black people that don't like being called "black" because in fact the vast majority of African Americans are actually dark brown. But, hey, take the prayer and the words of the prayer in context of what he was trying to convey as a message. All colors. All races. All shades. Let us celebrate this day that seemingly opens the door for all colors to have the same opportunities that white people have had for over 400 years. That's what it's about. It's not about being ultimately politically correct and politically safe in his word choices.

I understand that point. It's the same point that implacable was trying to make. I don't deny it. I don't justify it. I don't forgive it. But as it pertains to American politics and the issues of race and color in the political landscape of the history of the United States, it's not altogether pertinent. Those African slave movers didn't live in America, in the United States of America. The American slavery issues poignant to the history of the United States and to the race issues that subsequently followed in the United States of America happened in the United States of America. There is no blame forgotten or taken away from the African slave movers. They share blame of course. But, all the wrongs of the 200 years of American slavery that also gave birth to the racial tensions of segregation and inequal rights and freedoms focus on White Americans, not the African slave movers and slave tradesmen.

It's not prejudging white people to "hope" that times have changed and to hope that white people can embrace that change. It's misinterpreting his words for the sake of making an argument for divisiveness. The intent was not that at all.

micca
01-20-2009, 11:51 PM
Lowery is indeed a racist and this pathetic attempt to dance around the issue, or paint a politically correct face on it does not change that fact. "We hope times have changed" there are many many black mayors in the U.S. there are many senators and represenatives that are black,black cabniet members black officers in the pentagon,black police officers, black corprate heads,black professors in point ,in every field and human endevor in this nation on all levels blacks are represented. There is nothing that white america can do, will ever be able to do to change the minds of people like you, because it profits you to have some one owe you. It profits jesse jackson to paint a picture of the KKK behind every tree, and shake down whites. All history is pertinent, any sincere study of world history will show that this nation is amazinglly enlightened.What is also pertenient is the "race industry" and those who profit from it, and the price we the people pay for it, what is far more pertinent in the landscape of race relations today,more than slavery or the civil rights movemnet is how the political class, and hate mongers must malign the nation in order to maintain power how a revised history and present is being painted to promote division and discord for the profit of the ruling class .How America and Western Culture are vilified in order to justify their rape.If America is so racist why do so many from everywhere seek to live here.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 11:54 PM
:lol They're really coming out of the woodwork, aren't they?

Winehole23
01-21-2009, 12:02 AM
:lol They're really coming out of the woodwork, aren't they?Do you suppose it's noobs, or trolls deployed by craven regulars?

JamStone
01-21-2009, 12:03 AM
Lowery is indeed a racist and this pathetic attempt to dance around the issue, or paint a politically correct face on it does not change that fact. "We hope times have changed" there are many many black mayors in the U.S. there are many senators and represenatives that are black,black cabniet members black officers in the pentagon,black police officers, black corprate heads,black professors in point ,in every field and human endevor in this nation on all levels blacks are represented. There is nothing that white america can do, will ever be able to do to change the minds of people like you, because it profits you to have some one owe you. It profits jesse jackson to paint a picture of the KKK behind every tree, and shake down whites. All history is pertinent, any sincere study of world history will show that this nation is amazinglly enlightened.What is also pertenient is the "race industry" and those who profit from it, and the price we the people pay for it, what is far more pertinent in the landscape of race relations today,more than slavery or the civil rights movemnet is how the political class, and hate mongers must malign the nation in order to maintain power how a revised history and present is being painted to promote division and discord for the profit of the ruling class .How America and Western Culture are vilified in order to justify their rape.If America is so racist why do so many from everywhere seek to live here.

Interesting take. But why talk about black mayors and senators and cabinet members and corporate heads when the highest political position in the country is the President of the United States and until today, a black man, and for that matter any person of color, has held the position. That's why today was a celebration of change. Because one of the most powerful positions that has been devoid of racial diversity for over 200 years has finally opened its doors of opportunity to a group of people who never felt it was a possibility.

It's not hateful to celebrate the change. It's not hateful to recognize and acknowledge the past. If the political class and hate mongers so critically weave this race industry to continue to control power, how is it that a black man became president at all? How does that preserve their ability to control and maintain control of power. If the goal of the political class was to maintain control with the perception of discord and division, then today would not have been a celebration of change. It would have been a coup and a riot.

America has its share of racism. It's inevitable on the individual level when there is such a diverse population. The political racism has been around for hundreds of years, and yes it still goes on today. Sometimes more subtle to appease the perception of that racism. Sometimes to hide the ugliness of reality. But, there is still racism. Why would people everwhere seek to live in a racist country? Because it's still better than third world poverty or living under communist rule and because the racism is more subtle today than 200 years ago and won't greatly hinder the ability to live a relatively nice life. That doesn't mean racism is non-existent.

You are free to believe what you want. I think those opinions rather skewed by your own view of political corruption. But, sure, believe what you want. That's the great thing about living in the United States of America. People can believe such things and express them even if they are a bit out of touch with reality.

Eagle70ss
01-21-2009, 12:33 AM

It is prejudging because he's incorrectly assuming that white people haven't already made that change..He's starting from a position that they need to be told what's right. Which is readily apparent that the majority of them have made that change because that's who elected Obama. Without the "White" vote he could not have won. It wouldn't have been even close. There's not enough minority vote to override.

In addition, it's a bit of a misnomer to say Obama is African-American. He's roughly half European-American and half African-American. His father(African part) left very early in his life and had limited influence over his life.

Wild Cobra
01-21-2009, 12:43 AM
All I can say is leave it to a black man to keep the fires of racism burning. Never fails.

Can't we just let it all go? Judge people by their actions rather than their color?

baseline bum
01-21-2009, 12:56 AM
All I can say is leave it to a black man to keep the fires of racism burning. Never fails.

Can't we just let it all go? Judge people by their actions rather than their color?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=8523&dateline=1231797908

DrHouse
01-21-2009, 02:18 AM
:lmao at whitey getting all riled up.

Chill out honkeys, Obama ain't taking yer guns.

Eagle70ss
01-21-2009, 02:37 AM

Not white, but he still couldn't and wouldn't take my piece. Out of my cold dead hands is the only way...

I'm glad this is humorous to you though:lol It's worth a laugh....

TheMadHatter
01-21-2009, 02:46 AM
I laugh at white people a lot actually. Especially the Southern hick variety. They amuse me.

Def Rowe
01-21-2009, 03:03 AM
I laugh at white people a lot actually. Especially the Southern hick variety. They amuse me.

And there are quite a few on this forum. It's fun to watch the smart people from Austin take them to school.

jack sommerset
01-21-2009, 10:15 AM

:lol Obama needs to take all the guns from all the people. Check out the jails and see what race he should go after first. I doubt it will surprise you but maybe you could come up with a better line directed at "honkeys".

"Honkeys" were the reason Obama is the President. Don't forget that.

Oh, Gee!!
01-21-2009, 10:20 AM
Judge people by their actions rather than their color?

do you apply that same thinking to surgeons? :lol

BRHornet45
01-21-2009, 10:22 AM
my president is black .... and its about damn time!!! what yall honkies gotta say about that? Obama: the BLACK man with the BLACK plan!!!

Darrin
01-21-2009, 10:31 AM
A call for change and unity means that we no longer stay with the system we have.

Wild Cobra
01-21-2009, 10:37 AM
my president is black .... and its about damn time!!! what yall honkies gotta say about that? Obama: the BLACK man with the BLACK plan!!!
I say it's great that such things can happen in America. I simply don't like his politics. I don't care what the color of his skin is, and I wish we could just be colorblind!

BRHornet45
01-21-2009, 10:43 AM
I say it's great that such things can happen in America. I simply don't like his politics. I don't care what the color of his skin is, and I wish we could just be colorblind!

son just accept the fact that the BLACK MAN runs the world now and BOW DOWN to him like the rest of us.

Yesterday on my way home from work I saw so many black people running stop signs, red lights, and cutting people off just like Pastor Manning predicted would happen. "my president is BLACK! get off the street! get outta my way! I'm black! I'm coming through!" .... it was a BEAUTIFUL site. Obama bless America!

jack sommerset
01-21-2009, 10:46 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nice to see you are proud to have a black president. Personally I like the fact we (not just u) have a black president becuase I am tired of "just because I'm black" line. Though true at times as you can see white folk put him into office. That says ALOT.

I am looking forward to when ESPN can run a story "Why are there more blacks in the NBA" Of course its not a race thing? Of course blacks are not the superior athletes just like the chinese are not the smartest people in the world or Jews are the cheapest? There are some white people in the NBA,good ones at that but they are not from America. Does America view blacks better than whites? Do the white athletes get a fair shake from the start. Look at football. Why are there no black running backs or wide recievers in the NFL, mostly college to. Does it start at the pop warner level. Do coaches see 2 good athletes,1 white and 1 black and say" You are white,I'll make you a TE and you are black that makes you a WR" We all heard discusions about white qbs over black. I thinks its time to have discusions blacks over whites in the NBA and NFL .

Obama being President should allow conversations like that. Hopefully it will but to have on his first day as President he allows a man durning the biggest day of his life say "Whites will embrace what is right" makes me a bit skeptical

resistanze
01-21-2009, 10:54 AM
Just wait until he enslaves white people. All in his master plan.

The Reckoning
01-21-2009, 11:01 AM
we should round up every white person in america and ship them back to europe!

Oh, Gee!!
01-21-2009, 12:49 PM
It was a stupid prayer, but not as stupid as this thread.

Eagle70ss
01-21-2009, 02:44 PM
we should round up every white person in america and ship them back to europe!

We'll we can send Obama back too then. He's just as much white as he is black and he was mostly raised by white people. He's daddy took off real quick.

timvp
01-21-2009, 02:48 PM
We'll we can send Obama back too then. He's just as much white as he is black and he was mostly raised by white people. He's daddy took off real quick.

You'd be shipped to Apostrophe Island.

resistanze
01-21-2009, 02:49 PM

BRHornet45
01-21-2009, 03:24 PM

Eagle70ss
01-21-2009, 03:25 PM
You'd be shipped to Apostrophe Island.

You are just splitting hairs because you are unable to refute the facts.

micca
01-21-2009, 07:50 PM
Interesting take. But why talk about black mayors and senators and cabinet members and corporate heads when the highest political position in the country is the President of the United States and until today, a black man, and for that matter any person of color, has held the position. That's why today was a celebration of change. Because one of the most powerful positions that has been devoid of racial diversity for over 200 years has finally opened its doors of opportunity to a group of people who never felt it was a possibility.

It's not hateful to celebrate the change. It's not hateful to recognize and acknowledge the past. If the political class and hate mongers so critically weave this race industry to continue to control power, how is it that a black man became president at all? How does that preserve their ability to control and maintain control of power. If the goal of the political class was to maintain control with the perception of discord and division, then today would not have been a celebration of change. It would have been a coup and a riot.

America has its share of racism. It's inevitable on the individual level when there is such a diverse population. The political racism has been around for hundreds of years, and yes it still goes on today. Sometimes more subtle to appease the perception of that racism. Sometimes to hide the ugliness of reality. But, there is still racism. Why would people everwhere seek to live in a racist country? Because it's still better than third world poverty or living under communist rule and because the racism is more subtle today than 200 years ago and won't greatly hinder the ability to live a relatively nice life. That doesn't mean racism is non-existent.

You are free to believe what you want. I think those opinions rather skewed by your own view of political corruption. But, sure, believe what you want. That's the great thing about living in the United States of America. People can believe such things and express them even if they are a bit out of touch with reality.

micca
01-21-2009, 08:22 PM
are you being purposelly obtuse? Mexico is the richest country in latin america it has immense wealth and yet it's people have no access to that wealth.Zimbabwe was called the breadbasket of Africa it exported millions of tons of food till mugabe took power now it's people are starving.The reason people come from around the world to america and the west is because it is there and only there that people have a hope of living under a political and cultural system that allows them acsess to keeping the wealth they create. The leading cause of poverty in the world isn't that there isn't enough, but that the guys with the guns want everything.Indeed it could be better for all of us but, there is no othere place where so many have so much. No it's not hatefull to acknowledge the past, but it is hatefull to lie about the present in order to profit from chaos.You get so stuck on color. The relevant fact for most poeple unlike yourself is not that obama is black, but that he is a socialist, that he has many many people close to him that seek to divide and destroy the nation in order to create a utopin socialist state, of course you and I and the rest of the workers won't have much voice in the utopia like all the other worker's paradises such as the soviet union, china,cuba, vietnam. The ruling classes seek to destroy republics because it is in the republics that the people have the ability,the political structure and the cultural presedence to self determination.In order to destroy them they must discredit them, vilify them, and then offer up the great panacea of socialisim which even the third world has become hip to this game and won't bite.Even Europe is making bold steps away from socialisim, and this outdated,bankrupt,pathetic ideology is offered up as some golden calf to us.

possessed
01-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Whites should embrace what is wrong!

Some of us do. Being the evil race is one of the things that truly appeals to me about being a white guy.

Embrace your evilness, white brothers.:devil

DarkReign
01-21-2009, 09:55 PM
are you being purposelly obtuse? Mexico is the richest country in latin america it has immense wealth and yet it's people have no access to that wealth.Zimbabwe was called the breadbasket of Africa it exported millions of tons of food till mugabe took power now it's people are starving.The reason people come from around the world to america and the west is because it is there and only there that people have a hope of living under a political and cultural system that allows them acsess to keeping the wealth they create. The leading cause of poverty in the world isn't that there isn't enough, but that the guys with the guns want everything.Indeed it could be better for all of us but, there is no othere place where so many have so much. No it's not hatefull to acknowledge the past, but it is hatefull to lie about the present in order to profit from chaos.You get so stuck on color. The relevant fact for most poeple unlike yourself is not that obama is black, but that he is a socialist, that he has many many people close to him that seek to divide and destroy the nation in order to create a utopin socialist state, of course you and I and the rest of the workers won't have much voice in the utopia like all the other worker's paradises such as the soviet union, china,cuba, vietnam. The ruling classes seek to destroy republics because it is in the republics that the people have the ability,the political structure and the cultural presedence to self determination.In order to destroy them they must discredit them, vilify them, and then offer up the great panacea of socialisim which even the third world has become hip to this game and won't bite.Even Europe is making bold steps away from socialisim, and this outdated,bankrupt,pathetic ideology is offered up as some golden calf to us.

Man, if you worked on paragraphs and the use of a space bar, you'd come across a lot better. Good post taken on its own.

Wild Cobra
01-22-2009, 12:17 AM
Man, if you worked on paragraphs and the use of a space bar, you'd come across a lot better. Good post taken on its own.
That's how sentences and paragraphs come out when you copy and paste from some PDF files.

Could it be?

JamStone
01-22-2009, 01:15 AM

Nothing in that post proves or gives any evidence that racism in America doesn't exist. You're going off in tangents.

And, at the root of your post, all I gather is that you think Obama is the devil.

Good to know.

DarkReign
01-22-2009, 09:21 AM
That's how sentences and paragraphs come out when you copy and paste from some PDF files.

Could it be?

Didnt know that...you may be on to something...

micca
01-22-2009, 09:32 AM

Could it be?

micca
01-22-2009, 09:50 AM
it could be........but it ain't..This is why the left is doomed, it is content to smear people rather than encourage thought , it is anti thought, and though that comforts the "American Idol" voter who (group think) appeal to and find security in, at the end of the day it does not sustain peoples destiny to be free. George Orwell's 1984 was not some wild idea he pulled out of his ass, but the logical vision of what was happening around him as fascisim, and communisim arouse, if your so arrogant or ignorant to think that couldn't happen to us, that couldn't happen here, your camatose. The major media in america was exposed by the people as a propaganda tool, the evidence was so embarassing that they launched their own "in house" investigations concerning their bias during the elections and primaries. Welcome to the Ministry of Truth...this way to the Ministry of Love. deposit critical thought at the door.

Bartleby
01-22-2009, 10:00 AM
Careful there. Big Brother is watching you.

Shastafarian
01-22-2009, 10:12 AM
it could be........but it ain't..This is why the left is doomed, it is content to smear people rather than encourage thought , it is anti thought, and though that comforts the "American Idol" voter who (group think) appeal to and find security in, at the end of the day it does not sustain peoples destiny to be free.

:rollin:lol:rollin:lol

Thanks I needed that. I suppose you think people like Sarah Palin are the new wave of great Americans?

JamStone
01-22-2009, 11:48 AM
it could be........but it ain't..This is why the left is doomed, it is content to smear people rather than encourage thought , it is anti thought, and though that comforts the "American Idol" voter who (group think) appeal to and find security in, at the end of the day it does not sustain peoples destiny to be free. George Orwell's 1984 was not some wild idea he pulled out of his ass, but the logical vision of what was happening around him as fascisim, and communisim arouse, if your so arrogant or ignorant to think that couldn't happen to us, that couldn't happen here, your camatose. The major media in america was exposed by the people as a propaganda tool, the evidence was so embarassing that they launched their own "in house" investigations concerning their bias during the elections and primaries. Welcome to the Ministry of Truth...this way to the Ministry of Love. deposit critical thought at the door.

Because the right wing never resorts to smear tactics? I forgot. Ultra conservatism is a sinless and flawless way of life. We should all open our eyes to Rush Limbaugh and the light of truth...

Fascism and communism cannot happen in a country like the United States of America without a complete political coup because of how the Constitution and how separation of power allowed for no individual and no group to seize complete political control of the government.

Your suggestions are ridiculous. The entire country isn't going to all of sudden follow Obama like he's David Koresh or Jim Jones and walk behind him off a cliff or all drink poison. The country isn't all of a sudden become a communist state. There isn't going to be a civil war or fight to the death between the left and the right.

You sound like a lunatic with your posts.

DarkReign
01-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Careful there. Big Brother is watching you.

What was the underlying contradictory term used in 1984? Man, I dont want to google it, but I must (very poor memory)...

Googled it: Newspeak and doublethink.

micca
01-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Nothing in that post proves or gives any evidence that racism in America doesn't exist. You're going off in tangents.

And, at the root of your post, all I gather is that you think Obama is the devil.

Good to know.

micca
01-22-2009, 07:22 PM
I think racisim is quite alive and well in america at least in the heart of Rev. Lowery and the peolpe who invited him to speak.Sorry you couldn't follow the point of that post

micca
01-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Because the right wing never resorts to smear tactics? I forgot. Ultra conservatism is a sinless and flawless way of life. We should all open our eyes to Rush Limbaugh and the light of truth...

Fascism and communism cannot happen in a country like the United States of America without a complete political coup because of how the Constitution and how separation of power allowed for no individual and no group to seize complete political control of the government.

Your suggestions are ridiculous. The entire country isn't going to all of sudden follow Obama like he's David Koresh or Jim Jones and walk behind him off a cliff or all drink poison. The country isn't all of a sudden become a communist state. There isn't going to be a civil war or fight to the death between the left and the right.

You sound like a lunatic with your posts.

Mr. Dictionary
01-22-2009, 07:25 PM
Main Entry: dou·ble·think
Pronunciation: \ˈdə-bəl-ˌthiŋk\
Function: noun
Date: 1949

"The power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them....To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just so long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies — all this is indispensably necessary.

Even in using the word doublethink it is necessary to exercise doublethink. For by using the word one admits that one is tampering with reality; by a fresh act of doublethink one erases this knowledge; and so on indefinitely, with the lie always one leap ahead of the truth." - 1984/Wiki

samikeyp
01-22-2009, 07:43 PM
La Raza?

7z4tsc1nbWI

micca
01-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Rush Limbaugh is just a mouth peice for the corprate pirates just like obama.

"It couldn't happen in a country like the United States" crack a history book. "The future is unwritten" history can turn on a dime, People said it couldn't happen in Germany which was also a republic. Many germans couldn't believe what was happening it just didn't regester that's why so many stayed they waited to long they thought it was just some strange anomaly and before they knew it, it was to late to get out, The people of Argentina never imagined it could happen in their country. I hate to point out the obvious but those checks and balances you think could prevent a civil war we had them already when our civil war broke out in 1861 now you sound like a lunatic. My point is that anything can happen anywhere,democracy is not a spectator sport unless the people get off their fat asses and get politically active anything can happen.The United States has the most sophisticated extensive propaganda machine the world has ever seen in the electronic Media. people don't follow tyrants they survive under them. Republics can fall very easily, the level of freedom they extend makes them at the same time stronger yet more vulnerbale. Republics are only as strong as the people.

MannyIsGod
01-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Jamstone laid it down nice and sweet. Good job.

Clandestino
01-24-2009, 08:17 AM

Yes, the disease is called alcoholism! :toast