PDA

View Full Version : He's on his way back, ya'll!

angel_luv
01-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Welcome back to the best state, President Bush! :)

Bush bids goodbye at Capitol, begins trip to Texas
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090120/ap_on_go_pr_wh/inauguration_bush

WASHINGTON – With one last handshake with President Barack Obama, George W. Bush boarded a helicopter on Tuesday at the Capitol and began his post-presidential life, closing a two-term administration marked by war, recession and the biggest terrorist attack on U.S. soil.

Vice President Joe Biden gave Bush a brief salute as the chopper left the Capitol grounds and headed to Andrews Air Force Base, flying over the throngs of supporters who came to Washington for the historic inauguration of the 44th president.

The unpopular incumbent and Obama, who has ascended to rock-star status even as he faces daunting and international challenges, stood with their wives on the Capitol steps smiling and laughing. If there were any hard feelings between the incoming Democrat and outgoing Republican, they weren't apparent in the Bush send-off at the base of the helicopter. The two men hugged and clasped hands one final time, sealing the transfer of power.

Bush actually began the first few minutes as an ex-president listening to a musical prelude at the swearing-in ceremony. Obama had not yet taken the oath of office, but while the musicians played, he became president at 12 noon EST, according to the Constitution.

Some in the crowd, weary of Bush's eight years in office, booed the president when the large viewing screens near the World War II Memorial flashed an image of the exiting president arriving at the swearing-in. Moments later, rounds of cheers welled up as the same screens showed the incoming first lady, Michelle Obama, and her two daughters, Sasha and Malia.

Unfazed by his unpopularity, Bush smiled and waved throughout the day's activities. He blew a kiss out the window of his limousine as he left the White House with Obama.

After the inauguration ceremony, some in the crowd waved at the aircraft in the sky. Others, however, cheered when they heard a television broadcaster announce, "George Bush is no longer president of the United States." Still others in the crowd, broke into chants of "Na-na-na-nah, hey, hey, hey, goodbye."

Earlier in the day, a cheerful Bush and his wife, Laura, hosted Obama and his wife, Biden and his wife, Jill, and lawmakers for coffee in the Blue Room of the White House.

Keeping with a White House ritual, Bush left a note for Obama in his desk in the Oval Office, wishing him well as he takes the reins of power.

"I won't provide any details, but the theme is similar to what he's said since election night about the fabulous new chapter President-elect Obama is about to start, and that he wishes him the very best," outgoing White House press secretary Dana Perino said.

She said the two-term Republican incumbent wrote the message to his Democratic successor on Monday and left it in the top drawer of his desk, which was crafted from timbers from the H.M.S. Resolute and given to the U.S. by Great Britain in 1879.

Bush was in the office before 7 a.m. EST. He spoke on the phone with Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley, former White House chief of staff Andy Card and T.D. Jakes, the pastor of a megachurch in Dallas who will preach at a private church service that Obama is attending before the Inauguration. Bush took one last stroll around the south grounds of the White House.

Perino said the president's mood was upbeat. "He's the president of the United States, the way he always is. He hasn't changed. He gave me a big kiss on the forehead," she said.

At Andrews, Bush quickly disappeared into a hangar for a private farewell speech to scores of former White House aides and supporters. Among them were former political adviser Karl Rove, former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales and former White House counsel Harriet Miers. Bush emerged about a half-hour later and boarded the familiar blue-and-white presidential aircraft, which was called Special Air Mission 28000 instead of Air Force One since he no longer was president.

The plane took off about 2 p.m. EST for Midland, Texas, where thousands of well-wishers are expected to greet Bush and his family at Centennial Plaza. It's the same place that Bush stopped on his way to the nation's capital for his own inauguration in 2001. While Bush was born in New Haven, Conn., he spent his childhood in Midland. He returned there as an adult in the 1970s and met the future first lady.

After the Midland rally, the Bushes are flying to Waco, Texas, on their way to their 1,600-acre ranch in nearby Crawford.

angel_luv
01-20-2009, 03:51 PM
After the inauguration ceremony, some in the crowd waved at the aircraft in the sky. Others, however, cheered when they heard a television broadcaster announce, "George Bush is no longer president of the United States." Still others in the crowd, broke into chants of "Na-na-na-nah, hey, hey, hey, goodbye."

That is both terrible and terribly funny. :lol

In all seriousness, I can only imagine the enormous relief that must accompany handing over the presidential reigns, although I can also see how it would be incredibly hard to do so.

baseline bum
01-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Fuck that Connecticut-born douche. It's absolutely disgusting that anytime you mention you're from Texas to anyone from out of country, the first name that always pops up is that of the fucktard.

BRHornet45
01-20-2009, 03:59 PM
That is both terrible and terribly funny. :lol

In all seriousness, I can only imagine the enormous relief that must accompany handing over the presidential reigns, although I can also see how it would be incredibly hard to do so.

son the media has done their job in successfully blaming George Bush for everything that is wrong in the world today and converting millions of blind sheep over to Lord Barack. Bush has not been a great president, but he is far from "evil" as most of the media has portrayed him. Its amazing seeing so many stupid white people in the crowd crying today as if this day is as important to them as it is to black folks. hypocrites .... some of them look like they are in a trance lol ... chanting "OBAMA!! YES WE CAN!!!" .... whenever the majority of them couldn't tell you more than 1 or 2 policies that the man stands for.

FreeMason
01-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Fuck that Connecticut-born douche. It's absolutely disgusting that anytime you mention you're from Texas to anyone from out of country, the first name that always pops up is that of the fucktard.

Who bro? Everyone outside of Texas dogs on Texas even if Bush never enters the context. Especially the West/NE coast.

Fuck them all.

BushDynasty
01-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Heh heh, that's right, I'm on my way to the ranch. I even got me a 28.8K modem so I can keep shootin' the breeze with you SpursTalk fellas. Gonna miss me that high-speed access they got here on Air Force One.

What do you mean it's not called Air Force One any more? Dang it, they never tell me anything.

jman3000
01-20-2009, 04:31 PM
meh... the dallas area is more like Oklahoma South.

Darrin
01-20-2009, 04:33 PM
You can have him.

Bartleby
01-20-2009, 04:36 PM
I'm hoping he will take up an interest in basketball, buy the Mavs from Cuban and run the team like he ran the country.

DarkReign
01-20-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm hoping he will take up an interest in basketball, buy the Mavs from Cuban and run the team like he ran the country.

:owned

Einstein's Ghost
01-20-2009, 04:46 PM
I find the most interesting state to be Bose-Einstein condensates.

You didn't really expect me to say "plasma", did you?

whottt
01-20-2009, 04:47 PM
You guys are classless for being so vulgar in Angel's threads. Nice job libs...

baseline bum
01-20-2009, 04:47 PM

Normally I'd agree, but Cuban has already shown the willingness to spend his team into oblivion with no plan in sight and to shoot from the hip on trades instead of actually taking the time to learn if they would benefit him. Send W to the Rockets.

baseline bum
01-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Where's the NYPD with my plunger?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-20-2009, 04:48 PM
I'd prefer the Cowboys.

whottt
01-20-2009, 04:53 PM
If you guys weren't a bunch of stupid know it alls, you'd probably realize Bush excelled at being a sports owner...at least the financial and marketing aspects of it, and he didn't have Cuban's money to begin with. He's one of the few people I've known of in the modern era that became a multi millionaire by owning a sports franchise.

Turned a 600k(borrowed) investment in the Texas Rangers into about 25 million dollars...also took them to the playoffs for the only times in the pathetic history of the franchise.

But whatever...you guys know so much.

baseline bum
01-20-2009, 04:55 PM
If you guys weren't a bunch of stupid know it alls, you'd probably realize Bush excelled at being a sports owner...at least the financial and marketing aspects of it, and he didn't have Cuban's money to begin with. He's one of the few people I've known of in the modern era that became a multi millionaire by owning a sports franchise.

Says the one who can never be wrong, and goes and blames others when he is.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 04:55 PM
True enough, Bush made a mint from taxpayer money. :toast

whottt
01-20-2009, 04:57 PM
Bitch slowdown...it's like I barely get finished posting and you are already there with a replay...

Shouldn't you be paying attention to the messiah's ascension, like a good little zealot?

ratm1221
01-20-2009, 04:57 PM

F U

balli
01-20-2009, 05:00 PM

Bitch slowdown...

whottt
01-20-2009, 05:01 PM
True enough, Bush made a mint from taxpayer money. :toast

They were wildly enthusiasting about okaying the new ballpark, wildly.....there was nothing underhanded about it, and the Rangers likely wouldn't in Texas anymore if not for his tenure as owner. More importantly, while he didn't a world series, he made his good on his promise of taking them from defacto minor league status to contender with the building of the ballpark.

It's just stupid to in any way claim he was a bad owner or bad for the Rangers...morel ike the best thing that ever happened to them...seriously. It amazes me too...

Even if he was in it entirely for the money...it was still good for the Rangers compared to anything else that has ever happened to them.

Selling the team to Tom Hicks OTOH...now that was lame.

IOW, it's pretty ignorant to hope Bush buys the Cowboys or Mavericks if you hate those teams...

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 05:03 PM
They already have new stadiums, so there's no reason for Bush to buy in.

baseline bum
IOW, it's pretty ignorant to hope Bush buys the Cowboys or Mavericks if you hate those teams...

Agreed. Diminishing returns.

Shastafarian
They were wildly enthusiasting :lol

whottt
They already have new stadiums, so there's no reason for Bush to buy in.

Moot to the discussion.

clambake
01-20-2009, 05:04 PM
bush took the rangers to playoffs aboard steroid central.

whottt
01-20-2009, 05:05 PM
:lol

If that's all you are going to contribue...get out.

Shastafarian
01-20-2009, 05:06 PM
If that's all you are going to contribue...get out.

Sorry I just found that funny. Continue.

whottt
01-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Sorry I just found that funny. Continue.

You just noticed? Nearly every post I make has some sort of error in it. I use a wireless keyboard and it doesn't pick up all the words...sometimes it leaves them out, sometimes it lleaves out part of them, sometimes nothing happens and it lags and then all of a sudden a big block of text types in at once. On top of that I am a bad typist to begin with...

Furthermore, since I do most of posting in this nic more than my trolls, it's much easier to correct the errors when I am trolling and therefore making my trolls much more difficult to detect.

If this amuses you, you should be easily amused with nearly every post I make.

I bet a rubber ball would open new worlds of amusement to you.

As you were...

Shastafarian
01-20-2009, 05:14 PM
You just noticed? Nearly every post I make has some sort of error in it. I use a wireless keyboard and it doesn't pick up all the words...sometimes it leaves them out, sometimes it lleaves out part of them, sometimes nothing happens and it lags and then all of a sudden a big block of text types in at once. On top of that I am a bad typist to begin with...

Furthermore, since I do most of posting in this nic more than my trolls, it's much easier to correct the errors when I am trolling and therefore making my trolls much more difficult to detect.

If this amuses you, you should be easily amused with nearly every post I make.

I bet a rubber ball would open new worlds of amusement to you.

As you were...
No it was just that error itself that I found funny. It's interesting how you get very defensive about your spelling/grammar though.

01-20-2009, 05:15 PM

I'd prefer the Cowboys (as a minority owner) because it would add to the soap opera down in Dallas.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 05:15 PM
Moot to the discussion.Not really. It's quite pertinent.

whottt
01-20-2009, 05:18 PM
No it was just that error itself that I found funny. It's interesting how you get very defensive about your spelling/grammar though.

Explaining myself is defensive?

whottt
01-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Not really. It's quite pertinent.

No, it isn't pertinent at all.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 05:19 PM
No, it isn't pertinent at all.Of course it is.

Shastafarian
01-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Explaining myself is defensive?

No. But using so many words to do it is.

"I use a wireless keyboard that doesn't pick up all the words."

There ya go.

whottt
01-20-2009, 05:53 PM
Seriously...have you ever read a post of mine before? Ever?

whottt
01-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Of course it is.

You mean if you're on crack it is...

timvp
01-20-2009, 05:57 PM
He's on his way back, ya'll!:danceclub

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 06:00 PM
You mean if you're on crack it is...Or if you treat sports as a business like Bush did.

01-20-2009, 06:02 PM
Was W involved at all with any of the day to day operations or was he used primarily for his name and to secure the land needed to build? Or a little of both?

whottt
01-20-2009, 06:02 PM
Or if you treat sports as a business like Bush did.

True...the Rangers have been much better off when they were run like a hobby by Eddie Chiles and Tom Hicks.

Creepn
01-20-2009, 06:04 PM
I just wonder if he'll be able to live in peace and not have his home vandalized or something.

Winehole23
01-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Preston Hollow?

They got his back. He'll fit right in.

whottt
01-20-2009, 06:16 PM
Was W involved at all with any of the day to day operations or was he used primarily for his name and to secure the land needed to build? Or a little of both?

Heavily involved...in fact he sat in the front row of nearly every Ranger home game...looking like the spoiled little silver spoon smug ass brat that he is.

Nontheless...he was behind some of their major moves and Tom Grieve and Doug Melvin were doing his direct bidding.

W was behind the A#1 move(in just about every aspect it was the best move in team history) of signing Nolan Ryan for instance.

Signing Nolan is the single event more than any other that took the Rangers from minor league status...financially as well as from a martketing POV...to major league status.

Their great latin American scouting(Ruben Sierra, Sammy Sosa, Juan Gonzalez, Pudge Rodriguez) was already in place and came about at the tail of the Eddie Chiles era, Grieve should probably get a lot of credit for that...

W was absolutely in it for the money and to turn a profit, and he was also the best thing that ever happened to the team up to this point...

Both statements are true.

I hated W as the owner after about 4 years when I saw he was just trying to turn a buck...I wished for a real owner commited to winning and spending...

And finally getting one was just about the worst thing that ever happened to the team...

Good intentions don't matter much when they are coming from an idiot who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground...and sometimes you are better off with the greedy profiteer.

Crookshanks
01-20-2009, 07:04 PM
Actually - you're wrong about GWB buying the Rangers simply to make money. GWB is a HUGE baseball fan - has been since he was a very young boy. Bush Sr. was a very good player in college and George learned to love the game through his father. GWB wasn't good enough to play in college - but he never gave up his love of the game. When the opportunity came to buy the Rangers - it was almost like a dream come true. Owning the Rangers was more than an investment - he really put his heart and soul into improving the team and getting the new stadium built. In fact, some people say The Ballpark is like GWB's Field of Dreams.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 07:09 PM
In fact, he sold the team after making a shitload of money off the taxpayers.

Crookshanks
01-20-2009, 07:15 PM

I believe he sold the team when he decided to run for Governor because he realized he wouldn't have the time to devote to both.

And so what if he made money - isn't that the desired outcome of any team owner?

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 07:17 PM
I wish he had stuck to baseball. He really sucked at presidenting.

MaNuMaNiAc
01-20-2009, 07:34 PM

Turned a 600k(borrowed) investment in the Texas Rangers into about 25 million dollars...also took them to the playoffs for the only times in the pathetic history of the franchise.

pfff... :lmao

whottt calling someone a stupid know it all... that has to be among the 5 most laughable posts of the year. Seriously whottt, you can't go and make it this easy for everyone to embarass you... its just not fair.

whottt
01-20-2009, 07:43 PM

He made money because the team was worth more when he sold it, substantially more...it was legitimately worth more because of his actions as owner.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 07:46 PM
He made money because the team was worth more when he sold it, substantially more...it was legitimately worth more because of his actions as owner.Moot to the discussion.

whottt
01-20-2009, 07:47 PM
I wish he had stuck to baseball. He really sucked at presidenting.

On the contrary...Bush had an agenda when he went into the Whitehouse...and I'd say he succeeded in every aspect of it.

Here is what I believe was his agenda, or at last it's what I would have said his agenda was in 2000.

1. To make his backers in the oil and military industry wealthy - he succeeded at that.

2. To increase our presence in the Middle East - he succeeded at that.

3. To remove Saddam Hussein from power - he succeeded at that.

4. To outdo his dad and win re-election - he succeeded at that as well.

On the whole, I'd say he pulled off his 2000 election agenda to a T.

Just because you don't like his agenda( and neither did I), that doesn't mean he failed to achieve it. He achieved it totally.

Bush never had an agenda to be popular or loved by everyone...don't make the mistake of thinking that he did.

whottt
01-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Moot to the discussion.

Not at all...the discussion is about wether or not he was a successful owner...and by just about every account, financially as well as on field performance, he was an extremely successful owner given where he and his team started and where they were when he left.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 07:49 PM
2 and 3 isn't anything close to his agenda in 2000.

Anyway, you can accomplish what you want and still suck ass.

Bush sucked ass.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Not at all...the discussion is about wether or not he was a successful owner.No it wasn't, but you can't be expected to do anything but suck his cock anyway, so anything you say is moot.

whottt
01-20-2009, 07:51 PM
pfff... :lmao

whottt calling someone a stupid know it all... that has to be among the 5 most laughable posts of the year. Seriously whottt, you can't go and make it this easy for everyone to embarass you... its just not fair.

yeah...and your contribution to these threads pretty much now revolved on stepping out from your sewer and sniping at me...

Is there anything else to you, dingleberry?

whottt
01-20-2009, 07:52 PM
No it wasn't

Yes it was...you're just too stupid to realize it...go back and read before you entered the discussion.

but you can't be expected to do anything but suck his cock anyway, so anything you say is moot.

Well if you have some sort of proof he was a shitty owner for the Rangers...by all means do so.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Yes it was...you're just too stupid to realize it...go back and read before you entered the discussion.It's changed since then...you're just too stupid to realize it.

Well if you have some sort of proof he was a shitty owner for the Rangers...by all means do so.I never said he was...you're just too stupid to realize it.

MaNuMaNiAc
01-20-2009, 07:54 PM
yeah...and your contribution to these threads pretty much now revolved on stepping out from your sewer and sniping at me...

Is there anything else to you, dingleberry?

I contribute to threads with topics that interest me. Bush's return to Texas is about as interesting as paint drying. You on the other hand are a constant source of amusement whottt. Keep it up.

whottt
01-20-2009, 07:55 PM
2 and 3 isn't anything close to his agenda in 2000.

Sez you...I had a different opinion, in 2000. You were like 10 when his Dad was President...so I can see why you would be too stupid to see that as part of his agenda.

Mookie and crew > You

Anyway, you can accomplish what you want and still suck ass.

Bush sucked ass.

Yeah...but he succeeded at what he set out to do. Period.

whottt
01-20-2009, 07:55 PM
I contribute to threads with topics that interest me. Bush's return to Texas is about as interesting as paint drying. You on the other hand are a constant source of amusement whottt. Keep it up.

So posts by me are the only thing that interests you...

You're welcome, now return the favor by fucking off.

whottt
01-20-2009, 07:57 PM
It's changed since then...you're just too stupid to realize it.

Not for me it hasn't...and your point was always moot. Then and now.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Sez you...I had a different opinion, in 2000. You were like 10 when his Dad was President...so I can see why you would be too stupid to see that as part of his agenda.Too bad that was number 4 on your list. You can't even keep track of your own stupid thoughts anymore.

Yeah...but he succeeded at what he set out to do. Period.And sucked ass as president. Period.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Not for me it hasn't...and your point was always moot. Then and now.Owner motivation is as far from moot as one can get....you're just too stupid to realize it.

whottt
01-20-2009, 08:02 PM
Too bad that was number 4 on your list. You can't even keep track of your own stupid thoughts anymore.

No it wasn't, it was 2 and 3...and my thoughts are pefectly on track, it's your knowledge of the Bush 1 Presidency that is the only stupidity on display here.

And sucked ass as president. Period.

Pretty much...but not due to incompetence, he was all too competent at nailing his agenda. Besides...it's not like the Democrats were giving us better alternatives, sucking ass is relative.

Bartleby
01-20-2009, 08:03 PM
When Bush campaigned for the 2000 election he ran on a platform of reducing big government, keeping the U.S. out of the business of nation-building, and restoring character to the White House. He failed miserably at all three.

whottt
01-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Owner motivation is as far from moot as one can get....you're just too stupid to realize it.

Spoken like someone who would rather have Tom Hicks owning his baseball team...you are clearly an idiot.

If you want to talk hockey we'll talk...but baseball? Clearly an idiot.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Spoken like someone who would rather have Tom Hicks owning his baseball team...you are clearly an idiot.Moot and untrue, but a noble attempt to change the subject.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 08:08 PM
No it wasn't, it was 2 and 3...and my thoughts are pefectly on track, it's your knowledge of the Bush 1 Presidency that is the only stupidity on display here.I know plenty about it. You're simply wrong about W. It's definitely not the first time.

Pretty much...but not due to incompetence, he was all too competent at nailing his agenda.Thanks for agreeing with me after pretending not to again and again and again.

whottt
01-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Moot and untrue, but a noble attempt to change the subject.

False...the only attempt to change the subject was yours, and as you saw, I am the only one interested in responding to that attempt, and that's only because I want to tell you that it's moot and yoru stupid.

whottt
01-20-2009, 08:15 PM
I know plenty about it. You're simply wrong about W. It's definitely not the first time.

What you really mean to say here is that you were ignorant of his agenda in 2000...I wasn't. That was why I voted against him and raised hell when he was elected.

And I haven't been wrong about him once...except that he wouldn't get elected in 2000....I didn' the America people were that stupid, and sadly, on that I was wrong.

I was wrong on Carter(purely instinct) and Obama too...

You seeing a trend here?

Thanks for agreeing with me after pretending not to again and again and again.

You're welcome your mootness...

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 08:16 PM
False...the only attempt to change the subject was yours, and as you saw, I am the only one interested in responding to that attempt, and that's only because I want to tell you that it's moot and yoru stupid.Except it isn't and I'm not. Bush stayed long enough to make money and nothing else. You can't build a champion if you don't own the team anymore. Completely relevant. You're just pissed that I pointed it out and you know it's true. Just like all the other times.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 08:18 PM
What you really mean to say here is that you were ignorant of his agenda in 2000...I wasn't. That was why I voted against him and raised hell when he was elected.:lol Hell raisin' whottt!

And I haven't been wrong about him once.Just like you haven't been wrong about the election once -- sixty or seventy times is indeed more than once.

You seeing a trend here?Yeah, you're wrong all the time and are pissed about it. Your internets rep is complete shit now and it burns you up inside.

DarkReign
01-20-2009, 08:22 PM
And I haven't been wrong about him once

Shit whottt, youre never wrong. You know that better than anyone else.

whottt
01-20-2009, 08:23 PM
Except it isn't and I'm not. Bush stayed long enough to make money and nothing else.
Depennds on your definition of nothing else...I'd call the getting that stadium built(it was a good for the Rangers and their fans) and getting the team to the playoffs the absolute highpoints of Ranger history.

You can't build a champion if you don't own the team anymore.

No shit Sherlock...

Completely relevant. You're just pissed that I pointed it out and you know it's true. Just like all the other times.

I don't disagree with you that it's true about making money off the taxpayers, nor does it piss me off, since the money he made off the taxpayers, was something that also improved the team and the community, n ot to mention exponentially increased the value of the franchise and madr them a more attractive venue for free agents(hitters, not pitchers)...where I disagree is that it's relevant to the discussion about whether or not he was a competent, dare I say, great, owner of the Rangers..when clearly, he was the best of the lot. Regardless of how he turned a profit, or any and all twists and interpretations you want to make...he was the best owner of the team in history, and his ownership was the hightpoint of the franchise.

His motivation is and was MOOT to the discussion.

By any relative comparison, he was an extremely competent and successful owner.

Personally...I think you could avoid these sort of conflicts if you'd you'd just change your tone when making observations...then again, you wouldn't be Chump anymore if you did that...now would you?

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 08:28 PM
Depennds on your definition of nothing else...I'd call the getting that stadium built(it was a good for the Rangers and their fans) and getting the team to the playoffs the absolute highpoints of Ranger history.Way to set the bar low.

No shit Sherlock...Thanks for agreeing with me after pretending not to once again.

I don't disagree with you that it's true about making money off the taxpayers, nor does it piss me off, since the money he made off the taxpayers, was something that improved the team and the community...where I disagree is that it's relevant to the discussion about whether or not he was a competent, dare I say, great, owner of the Rangers..when clearly, he was the best of the lot. Regardless of how he turned a profit, or any and all twists and interpretations you want to make...he was the best owner of the team in history, and his ownership was the hightpoint of the franchise.

By any relative comparison, he was an extremely competent and successful owner.

Personally...I think you could avoid these sort of conflicts if you'd you'd just change your tone when making observations...then again, you wouldn't be Chump anymore if you did that...now would you?Nah, no matter my tone, you'll still be stupid.

There is no opportunity to make the kind of return on the Cowboys or Mavs that Bush made on the Rangers. So his owning either would be precluded out of the gate and any talk of his owning either would be....moot.

whottt
01-20-2009, 08:28 PM
:lol Hell raisin' whottt!

It's absolutely true...I threw an absolute shitstorm when he was elected in 2000...and I predicted he'd get us into a war that same night. I'll have to introduce you someone that knew me then...I was by far the leading anti-bush of anyone I knew and had a hatred that surprassed boutons.

I mean think about it douche...if he was back by the military complex, as I stated in point one...war is pretty much a foregone conclusion. Beyond that it wasn't hard to figure out where he was going by listening to him talk.

Just like you haven't been wrong about the election once -- sixty or seventy times is indeed more than once.

Huh? I was wrong once...just like you. I was just louder about it.

Yeah, you're wrong all the time and are pissed about it.

I'm hardly ever wrong...still. It's still a novelty to me.

Your internets rep is complete shit now and it burns you up inside.

My internet rep? Good god...

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 08:31 PM
It's absolutely true...I through an absolute shitstorm when he was elected in 2000...and I predicted get us into a war that same night. I'll have to introduce you someone that knew me then...I was by far the leading anti-bush of anyone I knew and had a hatred that surprassed boutons.Can't say I care. I'm just laughing at how impotent the whole thing sounds.

Huh? I was wrong once...just like you. I was just louder about it.And you care much more about being right on the internets.

I'm hardly ever wrong...still.:lmao See how important it is to you?

My internet rep? Good god...No, it's "Good God, man!"

whottt
01-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Can't say I care. I'm just laughing at how impotent the whole thing sounds.

And you care much more about being right on the internets.

No...it's just that I am usually right, I know it can be annoying...I often wonder why it's that way myself...It's actually kind of a curse if you want to know the truth about it.

It really doesn't serve much purpose in a social setting except to piss people off truth be told. Nontheless...it is what it is.

:lmao See how important it is to you?

It's not that it's important...it's that it's overwhelmingly true. You mistake my love affair with the truth with some sort of obession about being right. You are off on this one...

No, it's "Good God, man!"

No...it wasn't.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 09:24 PM
It's not that it's important.It's so important to you, you can't stop telling yourself and anyone who will read.

Even when you are wrong.

Especially when you are wrong.

If you ever stopped, I might believe you -- but you can't. There is no way in hell you could ever stop.

MannyIsGod
01-20-2009, 09:24 PM
I got pictures of Marine One (not sure what its called when its the former president aboard) leaving with Bush. Didn't know he was in it at the time though.

whottt
01-20-2009, 09:26 PM
It's so important to you, you can't stop telling yourself and anyone who will read.

I could...I just don't share your need to see me do it. At all.

If you ever stopped, I might believe you,

Oh fuck...whatever will I do?

but you can't. There is no way in hell you could ever stop.

Of course I could. Believe or not...it makes no difference.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Of course it makes no difference to say you can stop anytime you want and then not stop.

whottt
01-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Of course it makes no difference to say you can stop anytime you want and then not stop.

It makes no difference for you to say I can't stop...for I'm not going to, whether I can or can't.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 11:28 PM
Of course you can't stop no matter what I say. Thanks for agreeing with me yet again.

whottt
01-20-2009, 11:34 PM
Of course you can't stop no matter what I say. Thanks for agreeing with me yet again.

You're very welcome...and someday when I'm feeling generous I might decide to teach you the difference between can't and won't...since the difference between them obviously fucks you all up.

And thanks again for saying I agree with you... *chuckle*.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2009, 11:45 PM
You won't because you can't. :toast

whottt
01-21-2009, 12:19 AM
Does not matter...I'm not.

angel_luv
01-21-2009, 01:35 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090121/ap_on_re_us/bush_texas_welcome

Enthusiastic crowds welcome Bush back to Texas
WACO, Texas – After an enthusiastic welcome from thousands of cheering Texans in two cities, George W. Bush spent his first night out of office at his Crawford ranch.

Before flying in a helicopter to his 1,600-acre ranch, the former president told about 3,000 well-wishers gathered at a Waco airfield Tuesday night that he was glad to be back in Texas.

"It is a great day because we got to come home once and for all," Bush, with former first lady Laura Bush at his side, said as the crowd cheered.

The supporters, bundled up against 40-degree temperatures, had waited on the tarmac for more than an hour. Many waved red, white and blue cardboard "W"s and small American flags. Dozens of children sat on their parents' shoulders to get a glimpse of Bush, who shook some hands and chatted with some in the crowd after he spoke.

Bush said he was grateful for his friends in Texas and for the opportunity to serve as president over the last eight years.

"I come home with my head held high," he said, adding that when he got to his Crawford ranch he would look in the mirror and "be proud of what I see."

After leaving Washington, D.C., earlier Tuesday, Bush arrived in Midland, where he grew up and where thousands held a send-off rally before his first inauguration.

In the hours leading up to his return Tuesday, excerpts of some of Bush's speeches played on a large TV screen, including remarks he made to Congress shortly after the 2001 terrorist attacks.

One little boy waved a sign that read, "President Bush, thank you for keeping me safe" in multicolored lettering. Others read: "Be Bold, Be Bush" and "43 is back."

"The presidency was a joyous experience, but as great as it was, nothing compares with Texas at sunset," Bush told a crowd of about 25,000. "Tonight I have the privilege of saying six words that I have been waiting to say for a while: It is good to be home."

Dudley Winn, a cotton farmer on the South Plains of West Texas, drove two hours from Lubbock to greet Bush on his first stop after leaving office.

"It's a special day but it's a sad day," Winn said. "He's done eight years of a job well done. He held our country together with the values we respect. He did the job we asked him to do. He kept our values safe."

Bush spoke about the challenges he had faced, saying that even during some of his most difficult days, he "was always optimistic about the future."

He lauded those who helped throughout his presidency and defended decisions he said some thought unwise.

"I never took an opinion poll to tell me what to think," Bush said.

As Bush flew into Midland he wanted to see the gathering from the air. The jet carrying the Bushes and others flew low over downtown so that they could see Centennial Plaza before they landed.

Bush said that while several former presidents told him they had felt bittersweet about leaving office, "For me, there's nothing to be bitter about. Today is something sweet."

With Bush at the Midland rally were Karl Rove, former White House Chief of Staff Josh Bolton, Alberto Gonzales, the country's former attorney general and others from his administration. Bush plans to eventually settle in a north Dallas neighborhood.

Jan Rhodes, a school teacher in Midland, was on hand when Bush left Midland eight years ago for his inauguration and was back Tuesday.

"We watched for eight years and we're proud of how he served us and how he represented Midland," she said.

While Bush was born in New Haven, Conn., he spent his childhood in Midland. He returned there as an adult in the 1970s and met the future first lady, who grew up there.

He called meeting her "more meaningful" in his life than "any meeting in the Oval Office."

"She filled the White House with warmth and my life with joy," Bush said. "History will show that she was a fabulous first lady."

angel_luv
01-21-2009, 01:36 PM
While Bush was born in New Haven, Conn., he spent his childhood in Midland. He returned there as an adult in the 1970s and met the future first lady, who grew up there.

He called meeting her "more meaningful" in his life than "any meeting in the Oval Office."
"She filled the White House with warmth and my life with joy," Bush said. "History will show that she was a fabulous first lady."

That is super sweet. :)

koriwhat
01-21-2009, 03:31 PM
fuck bush!

MannyIsGod
01-21-2009, 11:27 PM
Do you support the death penalty Angel?

v2freak
01-22-2009, 11:09 PM
[QUOTE=angel_luv;3042366]The unpopular incumbent and Obama, who has ascended to rock-star status even as he faces daunting and international challengesQUOTE]

Never have I read a truer statement. Supporters and haters alike must agree that a.) many people disapproved of how Bush did and b.) Obama is a celebrity.

florige
01-23-2009, 08:46 AM
I got pictures of Marine One (not sure what its called when its the former president aboard) leaving with Bush. Didn't know he was in it at the time though.

Well are you going to post them so we can see them dude?:lol

DarrinS
01-23-2009, 08:48 AM
No offense to the OP, but I don't want to hear any more about GWB, pro or con.

For Obama sakes, let the man go be a fake rancher.

ratm1221
01-23-2009, 09:48 AM
For Obama sakes, let the man go be a fake rancher.

EkqrI3IibYI

DarrinS
01-23-2009, 11:00 AM
EkqrI3IibYI

Ha ha. Good call. I love that video.

:lmao