PDA

View Full Version : Stay Classy Phoenix!

samikeyp
01-20-2009, 09:40 PM
Ok, well, Chandler.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3847672

CHANDLER, Ariz. -- Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb recently had to play defense at his offseason home in Chandler.

Two Arizona Cardinals fans hung their team's flag in a tree and burned "Go Cards," "Go Kurt" and "I heart AZ" in McNabb's yard with diesel fuel, Chandler police Sgt. Joe Favazzo said Tuesday.

Favazzo said the fans hung the flag Thursday, and McNabb laughed it off and even left it hanging.

Then the fans returned Saturday and left a cardboard box in the driveway with "Go Cards" written on one side and "Beat Philly" on the other. McNabb laughed that off, too, when he discovered it at about midnight, Favazzo said.

But McNabb stopped laughing when he went outside Saturday morning, smelled diesel fuel and realized someone had burned Cardinals cheers into his lawn, causing about $2,000 in damage.

Favazzo said officers found an address label on the box that had been left, and it led to Chandler resident Rex Perkins, 37, who later admitted to the pranks.

His co-worker, Ryan Hanlon, 28, also admitted to the pranks.

Perkins and Hanlon were fingerprinted, photographed and cited for misdemeanor criminal damage.

"When they decided to get diesel fuel out and start damaging the yard, they crossed the line," Favazzo said.

The Cardinals beat the Eagles on Sunday in the NFC Championship Game to advance to the Feb. 1 Super Bowl in Tampa, Fla.

pawe
01-21-2009, 01:09 AM
Idiots. Didnt even bothered removing the address from the box. Serves them right.

baseline bum
01-21-2009, 01:24 AM
I was expecting to hear it was a couple of 14 year-olds. The flag in the tree is funny and a good joke, but damn, what kind of moron takes it that far?

samikeyp
01-21-2009, 07:24 AM
I was expecting to hear it was a couple of 14 year-olds. The flag in the tree is funny and a good joke, but damn, what kind of moron takes it that far?

Agreed.

The flag is funny and harmless, the rest of that stuff is bullshit.

Whisky Dog
01-21-2009, 09:08 AM
Shouldn't it technically be "stay classy, Chandler, AZ"?

FreeMason
01-21-2009, 09:34 AM
HAHA what a dumbass

JudynTX
01-21-2009, 09:52 AM
Dumbasses. And they call Philly fans the worst? :rolleyes

resistanze
01-21-2009, 10:26 AM
Favazzo said officers found an address label on the box that had been left, and it led to Chandler resident Rex Perkins, 37, who later admitted to the pranks.
:lmao

ClingingMars
01-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Idiots. Didnt even bothered removing the address from the box. Serves them right.

indeed, pranking 101: never leave anything that says who you are

-Mars

J.T.
01-21-2009, 01:11 PM
Ha! That's what I woulda done.

jack sommerset
01-21-2009, 02:55 PM
37 years old

samikeyp
01-21-2009, 06:33 PM
Shouldn't it technically be "stay classy, Chandler, AZ"?

That's why I added the first line to my post.

Banged a girl from Chandler once, she wasn't the best looking but we went to Vegas and she paid for the trip. :toast

samikeyp
01-21-2009, 06:35 PM
Dumbasses. And they call Philly fans the worst? :rolleyes

Cardinal fan has not, to my knowledge, throw objects at opponents, cheered injured players or booed Santa Claus.

Eagle fan would not have burned the yard, they would have torched the house.

pawe
01-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Give us time, we'll learn how to do pranks properly in due time.

Warlord23
01-21-2009, 10:37 PM
You people need to realize that 70% of the Cardinals fanbase also roots for the Phoenix Suns. They can't help being douches

samikeyp
01-21-2009, 10:42 PM
No, if a Suns fan tried to do this, they would have dropped the torch, burned themselves and blamed David Stern and Robert Horry.

Warlord23
01-21-2009, 10:49 PM
No, if a Suns fan tried to do this, they would have dropped the torch, burned themselves and blamed David Stern and Robert Horry.

:rollin

baseline bum
01-22-2009, 12:52 AM
Cardinal fan has not, to my knowledge, throw objects at opponents, cheered injured players or booed Santa Claus.

Eagle fan would not have burned the yard, they would have torched the house.

I would boo Santa Claus too if he never brought Super Bowl wins for my team.

BlackSwordsMan
01-22-2009, 09:08 AM