PDA

View Full Version : They let go of the wrong person!

redskinfan
01-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Clearchannel let Walter Pasacrita go, They should have let Taylor and Jimbob go. damn that sux ass....:bang

Solid D
01-20-2009, 10:30 PM
That's a shame. I like Walter. Hopefully, he will be able to get hired-on somewhere else soon.

Solid D
01-20-2009, 10:33 PM
Walter is good enough to have his own segment on AM 1250, if they could open up a slot for him.

redskinfan
01-20-2009, 10:33 PM
yeah I liked wally and vex too they had a funny show

DarrinS
01-21-2009, 12:06 AM
That's too bad. They need to get rid of Mike Taylor and his dildo sidekick. All they do is talk about the Cowgirls 24-7.

objective
01-21-2009, 06:19 AM
760's programming has been affected also, FSR has dropped Ben Maller and the whole third shift crew, as well as other shows like Siciliano and the clowns in the am.

re: Pasacreta and the other local shows, they're all so terrible that I actually download sportstalk radio shows from other markets even though it means I lag 24-48 hours behind, that's how revolting SA sportstalk is.

easy7
01-21-2009, 08:33 AM
I bet they will talk Cowboys 24/7 until the NFL season starts again and ignore the Spurs all year. Maybe someone should let them know that the Cowboys did not make it to the playoffs this season and have not won a playoff game in 10 yrs. Yep that is a team that I want to hear news from 24/7 while ignoring the local team who has 4 championships in the last ten years. Way to go STSA,

timvp
01-21-2009, 08:54 AM
Pasacrita is good people. Plus he's actually good at getting Pop to answer questions.

Too bad.

MoSpur
01-21-2009, 09:55 AM
I loved Walter when it came to media sessions at Spurs practices. He always managed to make Pop smile. He was persistent. I prefer him over Mike Taylor and Jim Bob. I still can't believe they have their own show. Its because there are idiots who actually think their show is funny and Cowboys fans who can't believe the Cowboys are out for the season.

EricB
01-21-2009, 10:34 AM
Scilliano got let go!?!?? Wow!!!

EricB
01-21-2009, 10:46 AM
Hey objective do u have a link to where it shows who all got let go?

G-Nob
01-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Walter had cartoon voice anyway.

Blake
01-21-2009, 11:09 AM
I loved Walter when it came to media sessions at Spurs practices. He always managed to make Pop smile. He was persistent. I prefer him over Mike Taylor and Jim Bob. I still can't believe they have their own show. Its because there are idiots who actually think their show is funny and Cowboys fans who can't believe the Cowboys are out for the season.

I think their show is entertaining

FromWayDowntown
01-21-2009, 11:11 AM
Pasacrita is good people. Plus he's actually good at getting Pop to answer questions.

Too bad.

I agree with this completely and it was my first thought when I heard this news. Walter is a lot of things, but he's insanely persistent and definitely unafraid to ask the difficult question. I still remember a playoff presser where Pop shouted for Walter, angrily it seemed, as he left the podium. I always wondered what happened after that -- whether Pop tried to dress him down or shared a drink with him.

I made a couple of trips to LA to see the Spurs during the playoffs in 2003 and 2004 and got to fly back home with the SA media on both occasions -- early morning, get up at 3:15 am PDT to get to LAX sort of flights. Had a conversation one year with Walter and found him to be a good guy. I hope he lands on his feet -- somehow, I'm sure he will.

phyzik
01-21-2009, 11:44 AM
I bet they will talk Cowboys 24/7 until the NFL season starts again and ignore the Spurs all year. Maybe someone should let them know that the Cowboys did not make it to the playoffs this season and have not won a playoff game in 10 yrs.Yep that is a team that I want to hear news from 24/7 while ignoring the local team who has 4 championships in the last ten years. Way to go STSA,

Be sure to let Chris Duel know this as well. Every time I tune in it seems like 2 hours of Cowboys, 5 minutes of Spurs and the rest is random stuff that has nothing to do with sports.

de Soto
01-21-2009, 11:49 AM
Pasacrita got delayed justice for his part in the AI/mexican whores skit. Just as well, he's a boring POS anyway. But so is the entire CC SATX sports lineup. I wonder if Chris Duel already sent in his resume to his old employer...asking to work for free to get a second chance...:lmao

to21
01-21-2009, 03:03 PM
While I'd admit Taylor's show is hard-core Cowboys, I find it entertaining also. Yes they missed the playoffs and yes they suck, but they are still in the news even as of today (Rome was talkn' on them today).

I'd also agree with you guys that the guy needs to give equal play time to all local sports here and not so much the team he covered while he lived in that city.

EricB
01-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Pasacrita got delayed justice for his part in the AI/mexican whores skit. Just as well, he's a boring POS anyway. But so is the entire CC SATX sports lineup. I wonder if Chris Duel already sent in his resume to his old employer...asking to work for free to get a second chance...:lmao

Why would he when hes got a great job at 1250?

You new posters really stink.

Dr. Gonzo
01-21-2009, 03:08 PM
They need more UTSA sports coverage.

AlamoSpursFan
01-21-2009, 03:13 PM
They need more Dawn Murphy.

Solid D
01-21-2009, 03:23 PM
I thought it was great when Pop was interviewed after the Sacramento game, when he decided to let the players call the plays. Walter was there in the press corp asking questions and Pop said, "I did nothing to earn my money. They (the players) coached. They communicated. They changed defenses, called plays. I just substituted players".

Then Pasacrita posed the next question, "Pop, do you plan on working tomorrow?" :lol

EricB
01-21-2009, 03:25 PM
I thought it was great when Pop was interviewed after the Sacramento game, when he decided to let the players call the plays. Walter was there in the press corp asking questions and Pop said, "I did nothing to earn my money. They (the players) coached. They communicated. They changed defenses, called plays. I just substituted players".

Then Pasacrita posed the next question, "Pop, do you plan on working tomorrow?" :lol

:lol

That was great. Also him getting the headlock from Pop and Tony Parker saying "Did you like your hug?" :lmao

timvp
01-21-2009, 03:29 PM

Then Pasacrita posed the next question, "Pop, do you plan on working tomorrow?" :lolThat was hilarious. Didn't Walter follow up that question with something about whether Pop was going to accept his paycheck for the day?

Oh and if this means that Don Harris will be at more Spurs related events asking questions, this is even worse news. Harris thinks he's asking a witty question but it 99% of the time ends up sounding stupid and causing awkward silence.

EricB
01-21-2009, 03:31 PM
That was hilarious. Didn't Walter follow up that question with something about whether Pop was going to accept his paycheck for the day?

Oh and if this means that Don Harris will be at more Spurs related events asking questions, this is even worse news. Harris thinks he's asking a witty question but it 99% of the time ends up sounding stupid and causing awkward silence.

On top of that, I don't think Pop is his biggest fan...

arodz
01-21-2009, 03:52 PM
Well, they know how I feel about the new regime, so I'll leave it at that :flipoff

But it doesn't surprise me that they let Wally go. I'm surprised he wasn't given the boot along with Vex. I'm not trashing Walt or anything, but if they were gonna clean house it would have made sense.

It's funny, even yesterday when the two dumb fucks were complaining about how NFL players today are more like mercenaries or hired guns. To just come in and pretend to be loyal to the organization for a short time. And then fat boy even calls out Taylor, by saying, "Kinda like a Dallas guy pretending to be Spurs fan because he's getting paid to."

de Soto
01-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Why would he when hes got a great job at 1250?

You new posters really stink.

1250 what???:lmao:lmao:lmao

objective
01-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Hey objective do u have a link to where it shows who all got let go?

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/jolt-fox-sports-radio-la-station-shows-merge-21929

that covers the FSR angle.

There's a website I was looking at last night that broke down all the cuts by market and had contact info for all the people looking for jobs regardless of radio format, that how I first found out about Pasacrita, but I lost the page.

PeterBurns
01-21-2009, 08:43 PM
Yep...crazy day around the country yesterday.
Say what you want, but if most people had 1/2 the work ethic that Walter had with his profession, we'd all be in good shape.

Sucks to see anyone leave. Lot of talented people lost jobs yesterday. Hell, I think Walter had been with us for almost 8 years.

:(

redskinfan
01-21-2009, 10:53 PM
BTW Peter why did you let Stacie go?

Ditty
01-21-2009, 10:55 PM
BTW Peter why did you let Stacie go?

go redskins :toast