PDA

View Full Version : Always LATE to work

JudynTX
01-21-2009, 10:42 AM
Let me ask your opinion about something. I have a colleague that shows up for work everyday, but LATE. She makes up her time by staying later, but do you think it's ok for her to show up late to work every damn day? :lol

Maybe I'm just making too much out of this? :lol

Blake
01-21-2009, 10:45 AM
that sucks that she is basically making her own schedule, but if your boss has no problem with it, neither should you.

Ive learned to just take care of my own ass and things work themselves out

and me, I'd rather coming in early and leave early anyway

SpursWoman
01-21-2009, 10:46 AM
I dunno ... I usually get to work ridiculously early because I'm a morning person and I can get more done before everyone starts showing up, but I usually check out either right at 5:00 or sometimes before.

My boss doesn't GAS and I'm a salaried employee so that's all that matters. :lol

JudynTX
01-21-2009, 10:46 AM
that sucks that she is basically making her own schedule, but if your boss has no problem with it, neither should you.

Ive learned to just take care of my own ass and things work themselves out

and me, I'd rather coming in early and leave early anyway

Thing is my boss doesn't know, he won't notice things like that because he's so busy. Should I tell him? :wow:lol

I'm like you, in early, out early. :hat

ATRAIN
01-21-2009, 10:47 AM
LOL Lady spur being a hater at work again I see.

Dr. Gonzo
01-21-2009, 10:47 AM
I show up late everyday.

ATRAIN
01-21-2009, 10:49 AM
My boss considers being 5 mins early late. He told me that he wants me here 15 mins early........LMAO yeah that last maybe 2 days.

MoSpur
01-21-2009, 10:50 AM
It would get on my nerves, but I think it will eventually catch up to her. do your thing and worry about what you can control and I think it will be fine.

Blake
01-21-2009, 10:53 AM
Should I tell him? :wow:lol

ummm......if you report back with what your boss says after you tell him, I'm gonna say 'yes'.

if not, then no.....you look like a whiner

ORION
01-21-2009, 10:53 AM
who cares. I take almost 2 hour lunches because I time it perfect and my boss leaves on her lunch before I get back so she never knows unless taddlers like you snitch, but they don't because everyone loves me and I'm a fucking great guy who doesn't give a shit

ORION
01-21-2009, 10:54 AM
It would get on my nerves, but I think it will eventually catch up to her. do your thing and worry about what you can control and I think it will be fine.

come on Mo ! Batman tells me you and him hit up All Stars for lunch everyday and take almost 3 hours

IronMexican
01-21-2009, 10:55 AM
This sounds like you are hating.

JudynTX
01-21-2009, 10:56 AM
LOL Lady spur being a hater at work again I see.

:lol At least she doesn't chew ice.

ummm......if you report back with what your boss says after you tell him, I'm gonna say 'yes'.

if not, then no.....you look like a whiner

I'll have to think about what I want to say to him first. He's a stickler for shit like this. :lol He'll probably get pissed at me for not telling him sooner. :rollin

Blake
01-21-2009, 11:01 AM
:
I'll have to think about what I want to say to him first. He's a stickler for shit like this. :lol He'll probably get pissed at me for not telling him sooner. :rollin

he's such a stickler that he doesnt notice?

JudynTX
01-21-2009, 11:03 AM
he's such a stickler that he doesnt notice?

He doesn't notice because he's glued to his computer.

S_A_Longhorn
01-21-2009, 11:06 AM
Mind your own business, LADY SPUR! I can come in as late as possible!!!

I don't tell anyone about your 'bathroom meetings' with your supervisor, now do I???

:lol

JudynTX
01-21-2009, 11:07 AM

I don't tell anyone about your 'bathroom meetings' with your supervisor, now do I???

:lol And you still take an hour lunch and two 15 minute breaks huh?

ATRAIN
01-21-2009, 11:08 AM
:lol At least she doesn't chew ice.

Now thats not funny!!

Woooaa what "bathroom meetings"?

S_A_Longhorn
01-21-2009, 11:09 AM
:lol And you still take an hour lunch and two 15 minute breaks huh?

Of course not.

I save my two 15 minute breaks and take an hour & half lunch. :toast

greywheel
01-21-2009, 11:12 AM
Thing is my boss doesn't know, he won't notice things like that because he's so busy. Should I tell him? :wow:lol

I'm like you, in early, out early. :hat

If you're tired of leaving early, sure tell your boss. That is the first thing your co-worker is going to mention if the boss talks to her.

angel_luv
01-21-2009, 11:15 AM
I was late today. It happens.

I used to be one of those people who arrived everywhere at least fifteen minutes earlier.
Now I go by my boss. If they don't care if I don't arrive on the dot then I don't worry about it.

Today though I arrived fifteen minutes passed my schedule time ( I am usually no more than seven) and I discerned that was too much.

I wasn't reprimanded for it, but I was asked if I was all right, as in " what took you so long?".
So, for good measure, I am going to be right on time the next day I work, which is Friday.

JudynTX
01-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Don't be a hater!

http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/chappelle-player-haters-ball.jpg

Not hatin, I guess I just expect everyone to be punctual like me.

If you're tired of leaving early, sure tell your boss. That is the first thing your co-worker is going to mention if the boss talks to her.

I'm not worried, she has nothing to tell him.

Taco
01-21-2009, 11:23 AM
I show up late everyday.

are you who she is talking about :lol

Mark in Austin
01-21-2009, 11:32 AM
If it effects her performance or the performance of people that are counting on her, then it's an issue. If not and she's getting her hours in / work done, then you're better off not saying anything. A good boss will remember you snitched - that's not a good thing.

JudynTX
01-21-2009, 11:39 AM
:lol I know I can count on you all to make light of this situation. Thanks.

Ballcox
01-21-2009, 11:41 AM
I wouldn't worry about it too much, as long as she makes up the time by staying later and is efficient in getting work done.

Now, if she's late and there is a client waiting on her-that's a problem.

ashbeeigh
01-21-2009, 11:46 AM
Maybe your boss and your co-worker have spoken about this issue privately and have this all figured out already. You never know. There were plenty of people at my old office that did that kind of stuff, every once in a while, but it was already agreed upon.

sa_butta
01-21-2009, 11:51 AM
We are actually given a 4 min. window and not considered late as long as we do not make it a routine. I think it is unfair to the other employees to be late everyday when others report on time or even early. Of course everyone has the occassional bad day where they are running late, but to make it and every day occurence seems wrong. There should be some consiquence for tardiness, if nothing more than to set a standard to all employees.

mrsmaalox
01-21-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm always late to everything :( So I make it a point not to notice what anyone else does.

spurster
01-21-2009, 02:56 PM
I'm not sure how a person who leaves early has any moral superiority over a person who arrives late. Seems like that balances out.

FreeMason
01-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Your boss is having an affair.

Thunder Dan
01-21-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm 15-20 minutes late to work every day. I have to be here at 9, and I get here at 9:15 everyday. I don't stay late either, I leave early actually

jack sommerset
01-21-2009, 03:10 PM
God I am so glad I donot work in a office enviroment anymore. The chickens clucking about stupid shit.

tlongII
01-21-2009, 03:14 PM
If she's getting her job done it's a non-issue. Productivity is what's important, not hours worked.

Frenzy
01-21-2009, 03:16 PM
God I am so glad I donot work in a office enviroment anymore. The chickens clucking about stupid shit.

indeed.
dunno if it is a office.. but odds are it is.

i don't get 9-5'ers (by that i mean people with set morning schedules)

Blake
01-21-2009, 03:19 PM
I happen to like my set work schedule during the week while being home at night and on weekends

jack sommerset
01-21-2009, 03:20 PM
indeed.
dunno if it is a office.. but odds are it is.

i don't get 9-5'ers (by that i mean people with set morning schedules)

When she does bitch, the other employee comes back with "she is on the internet talking on a spurtalk forum and nobody says anything to her about that" and the beat goes on. They both agree they get there jobs done,cry for a few hours wasting more time and all is forgiven and nothing changes.

sonic21
01-21-2009, 03:29 PM
my boss allow us to come between 8:30am and 10am :smokin

EricB
01-21-2009, 03:33 PM
If the boss doesn't care, why should you?

mavs>spurs2
01-21-2009, 03:37 PM
People like you are fucking annoying and completely fuck up the work environment. Instead of minding your own business now people have to be constantly looking over their shoulder to make sure they don't get tattled on. It's pretty petty and immature that you even notice when other people come in, much less tell on them. Unless she is doing something that has an effect on you, then you really should consider butting out.

monosylab1k
01-21-2009, 03:41 PM
this has gotta be the dumbest thread in a while. mind your own fucking business.

When she does bitch, the other employee comes back with "she is on the internet talking on a spurtalk forum and nobody says anything to her about that" and the beat goes on.

:lol exactly. i'm sure the boss would love to know that she's been wasting company time on the internet debating the ethics of another coworker.

IronMexican
01-21-2009, 03:47 PM
All in agreement. It's a bitch move if you snitch.

JudynTX
01-21-2009, 03:49 PM
People like you are fucking annoying and completely fuck up the work environment. Instead of minding your own business now people have to be constantly looking over their shoulder to make sure they don't get tattled on. It's pretty petty and immature that you even notice when other people come in, much less tell on them. Unless she is doing something that has an effect on you, then you really should consider butting out.

It's called work ethics and yes it's affecting her work performance. I can post @ ST all damn day if I wanted to because I get my work done.

monosylab1k
01-21-2009, 03:57 PM
yes it's affecting her work performance.

If that's the case then shouldn't your stickler of a boss be noting that her work is slacking? Leave it to the guy in charge to do his job.

JudynTX
01-21-2009, 03:59 PM
I've decided not to say anything, for now. And if my boss doesn't notice, then oh well. :downspin:

baseline bum
01-21-2009, 04:17 PM

+1

+10

CuckingFunt
01-21-2009, 04:28 PM
It's called work ethics and yes it's affecting her work performance. I can post @ ST all damn day if I wanted to because I get my work done.

I hate this logic. There's never nothing to do at work. Never.

lefty
01-21-2009, 04:38 PM
I have to be at work @ 9:00 a.m sharp

Because of that, my morning showers and shaves are always stressfull.

Maybe I'll switch back to evening showers to sleep more :D

EricB
01-21-2009, 04:53 PM
I hate this logic. There's never nothing to do at work. Never.

Yup. "If you have time to lean, you have time to clean"

Thats our motto.

PuttPutt
01-21-2009, 06:47 PM
If it affects your work, Lady Spur, then it's a problem. If their being late affects their performance, it's none of your business.

I personally wouldn't snitch.

SequSpur
01-21-2009, 10:56 PM
so someone who plays on the internet all day is worried about someone coming in late? wtf?

samikeyp
01-21-2009, 11:09 PM
All in agreement. It's a bitch move if you snitch.

+1