PDA

View Full Version : Cricket Broadband

ashbeeigh
01-21-2009, 11:34 AM
Our office needs a wireless provider (preferably sans contract) for traveling purposes. We bought an AT&T wireless card yesterday, before doing any research (not on my part..on my boss's insane need to get it done right away). Like any typical AT&T plan it is two years with an ETF ($250?) and is $60 a month. We probably only need it for a few months and will be breaking the contract at some point. So we want to get something done before that 30 day return period so we can return it.

The Cricket plan I found online is $40 a month without a contract. Do you all know if there are any extra fees associated with it (aside from normal taxes and surcharges) that we will be paying to be on a plan without a contract? Do any of you all use Cricket broadband?

Thanks y'all!

Wild Cobra
01-21-2009, 11:49 AM
As far as I know, Cricket has a very small coverage area. I'd suggest checking with T-Mobile. I've been with them for almost 10 years now, with very few problems.

If you just need wireless, most business travel locations like hotels have wireless available with just a regular wireless computer needed. No extra expenses.

ashbeeigh
01-21-2009, 12:02 PM
If you just need wireless, most business travel locations like hotels have wireless available with just a regular wireless computer needed. No extra expenses.

It's going to be in our offices, so no dice, but thanks for the suggestion. T-mobile is most likely with a contract too though right?

leemajors
01-21-2009, 02:23 PM
umm assuming your office has ethernet already, why don't they just get a wireless router and some extension antennae?

ashbeeigh
01-21-2009, 03:37 PM
umm assuming your office has ethernet already, why don't they just get a wireless router and some extension antennae?

This office doesn't. That's why we need it. I'm not that stupid.

Wild Cobra
01-21-2009, 03:59 PM
It's going to be in our offices, so no dice, but thanks for the suggestion. T-mobile is most likely with a contract too though right?

I'm pretty sure you can get them without a contract, but then you have to pay full price for the phone and/or card.

MoSpur
01-21-2009, 05:26 PM
I had it for like a month and it worked fine. It was about $40 flat.

ORION
01-21-2009, 05:29 PM
All I know is that pocket employees tip better than cricket employees and I will remember that shit until the day I die. You hear me cricket employees !

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-21-2009, 11:15 PM
Mang, you got me all hyped up for this:

http://www.warwicksu.com/pageassets/sports/SportsWeek2008/CricketShot.jpg

Now I aint got no curry to eat or watch.

BTW, that's Michael Hussey, Australia's number 4. He's a champion! :)