PDA

View Full Version : Parker Interview: Feeling better.

Kori Ellis
03-01-2005, 04:02 PM
March 1, 2005
Feeling better

http://www.tp9.net/en/itw.php?id=44

Tony, following your loss against Memphis, you quickly bounced back with a last second win at Cleveland. Feel better?

It is good for us. It is a very good win in Cleveland against one of the better team in the East. Following our bad outing against Memphis where we had lost 24 balls, we are once again on the right path. I am extremely happy as we did not necessarily do everything the way we were supposed to towards the end; the refs were not nice with us, crediting Cleveland with an imaginary 3 points shoot but in the end, we produced the most important play of the game and it was all that mattered.

What was Gregg Popovich’s strategy for this last play?

I could take the shot if the line was open ahead of me. If it was not so, I had to dish the ball to Tim (Duncan). I could have taken the shot, but as Tim was alone, I preferred to give it to him and I made the right move as it went in. I was confident in his ability; I knew he was going to score. Following what he had missed in the first half, he needed to score at least one! (Laughs)

Your performance: you were shy of the triple double (19 points, 10 assists, 8 boards)…

Yes, I was 2 rebounds shy! I had not done the first triple double of my career. I really thought I could have done as at the half, my stats were at 10 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists. Without Tim’s misses, I could have recorded a least 10 assists at the half. I am getting closer to the first triple double of my career. I am happy as I now showcase my consistency game in and game out. I dish some assists, take some boards, and score points. Bottom-line, I help my team win.

Nazr Mohammed had his grand debut with the Spurs’ jersey. What did you think about his first outing?

He is not too bad. During this game, he was helpful, he is tall, present under the boards to get some rebounds and he scores. I found him a couple of times while I was penetrating, meaning that he has a good position on the court. By playing with us more often, he will get use to the way we play and will find some automatism.

What was his program since his arrival in town?

For the moment, he is trying to learn our systems the quickest. It is always difficult to get used to a new team during the season, especially when you take over Malik Rose. It is a bit weird to be next to him, but it is not his fault if he is here now in San Antonio. The most important is to know that we can count on him and for this reason, we will do our part to facilitate him adapt to the team.

Jimcs50
03-01-2005, 04:34 PM
Without Tim’s misses, I could have recorded a least 10 assists at the half.

:lol

That bastard, nonplaying TD.