PDA

View Full Version : Mavs should trade Jason Terry

monosylab1k
01-21-2009, 04:49 PM
1. His trade value is the highest it will ever be.
2. He's a 20 ppg scorer who is by far the best sixth man in the league right now.
3. A true contender that adds Jet Terry could find themselves jumping ahead of the Lakers.
4. His penis might now be as big as Vinnie Johnson's, but he can tear it up on the court like him.
5. Why waste him on a second rate team like Dallas?

So what are the possible offers for Jason Eugene Terry?

IronMexican
01-21-2009, 04:51 PM
How did he get the name JET?

monosylab1k
01-21-2009, 04:52 PM
I was thinking JET to Portland for Pryzbilla & Batum might be feasible.

JamStone
01-21-2009, 04:53 PM
Perhaps Portland would be interested to upgrade from Steve Blake, especially since Brandon Roy carries out a lot of point guard responsibilities already. Portland could probably afford to trade Channing Frye, Jerryd Bayless, and Martell Webster if the Mavericks liked that deal. Before the season started, I would have said Travis Outlaw instead of Webster, but I think the Blazers look at him as too important and would want more value than Jason Terry.

JamStone
01-21-2009, 04:54 PM

Are you serious?

monosylab1k
01-21-2009, 04:54 PM
Perhaps Portland would be interested to upgrade from Steve Blake, especially since Brandon Roy carries out a lot of point guard responsibilities already. Portland could probably afford to trade Channing Frye, Jerryd Bayless, and Martell Webster if the Mavericks liked that deal. Before the season started, I would have said Travis Outlaw instead of Webster, but I think the Blazers look at him as too important and would want more value than Jason Terry.

I'd take that trade too.

Ghazi
01-21-2009, 04:57 PM
The Mavs shouldn't trade JET.

stretch

It's his initials.

monosylab1k

Why? Because they need him for their inevitable run to the Finals this season?

JET's trade value will never be higher than it is right now. We can make out like bandits if we trade him.

IronMexican
01-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Hah, wow. I never really knew. I feel like a dumbass.

lefty
01-21-2009, 05:02 PM
JET is the only tradable Mav right now.

Dirk is untouchable, and nobody else wants a douchebag such as Howard, even though he is very talented

JamStone
01-21-2009, 05:02 PM
mono actually posting his middle name Eugene was a pretty big hint even if you didn't know that before hand.

Ghazi
01-21-2009, 05:06 PM
How would Pryzbilla/Batum be making out like bandits.

Another thing, he's only a 20 point scorer because our team lacks other scorers... on a contender he'd probably be more like a 15-17 point guy, and I doubt he's the missing piece for a team in the west to bridge the gap with the Lakers.

JamStone
01-21-2009, 05:06 PM
Dang, just realized that Jason Terry has three more years after this season on his contract, through the 2011-12 season. That makes him much, much more difficult to trade for any team with 2010 free agent aspirations.

monosylab1k
01-21-2009, 05:13 PM
How would Pryzbilla/Batum be making out like bandits.

Another thing, he's only a 20 point scorer because our team lacks other scorers... on a contender he'd probably be more like a 15-17 point guy, and I doubt he's the missing piece for a team in the west to bridge the gap with the Lakers.

Batum is a long athletic 3 with all sorts of otherworldly potential. Pryz is a center who fits in alot better with the Mavs than Dampier does. If Portland throws a first round pick in there, that's a great deal for the Mavs.

Just say the real reason you won't trade JET - you like him and it would suck to see a fan favorite leave. It's the same reason Cuban won't trade him, and the same reason this team is slowly being run into the ground.

Ghazi
01-21-2009, 05:14 PM
If we trade Jet who the hell ELSE is gonna score the ball? It's bad enough that we only have 2 reliable scorers.

clambake
01-21-2009, 05:15 PM
the idea of donnie masterminding a trade is frightening.

monosylab1k
01-21-2009, 05:24 PM
If we trade Jet who the hell ELSE is gonna score the ball? It's bad enough that we only have 2 reliable scorers.

Throw the young guys in there and find out who can play and who can't. This year is a lost cause, they should be in the middle of another "rebuild on the fly" session like after Nash left. The only way they're ever gonna know if Green, Williams, and so on have anything is if they get them on the court.

If they're gonna be a 7 seed at best, I'd rather they just tank it and get better draft position.

Trading JET and Kidd before the deadline for more young talent should be a must.

scanry
01-21-2009, 05:26 PM

Stole it from Kenny the JET Smith. :rolleyes

BTW i hate his JET impersonation which he does it over and over.

Ghazi
01-21-2009, 05:29 PM
Throw the young guys in there and find out who can play and who can't. This year is a lost cause, they should be in the middle of another "rebuild on the fly" session like after Nash left. The only way they're ever gonna know if Green, Williams, and so on have anything is if they get them on the court.

If they're gonna be a 7 seed at best, I'd rather they just tank it and get better draft position.

Trading JET and Kidd before the deadline for more young talent should be a must.

Shouldn't we just have a firesale by that logic. Trade Dirk, Kidd, Terry, and Howard.

monosylab1k
01-21-2009, 05:35 PM
Shouldn't we just have a firesale by that logic. Trade Dirk, Kidd, Terry, and Howard.

I wouldn't be opposed, but if they feel they can get a 2010 player to pair with Dirk, then keep Dirk, get your 2010 piece, and hopefully the young talent has developed into solid veterans by then.

But that plan would mean Cuban & Donnie have to know what the hell they're doing, which is doubtful.

Ghazi
01-21-2009, 05:44 PM
Ugh 2010 seems like such a pipedream. The only names that appeal from that class are Lebron, Joe Johnson, Wade, and Bosh. No guarantee that any of them will opt out, and even less of a guarantee that any would sign w/ the Mavs. A few other good names, but not what I'd consider superstars.

If the window for the Mavs is to reopen it seems like we would have to hit rock bottom. Right now we're just hovering in mediocrity and when in such a state it's hard to get significantly better.

Keeping Dirk on the roster would assure that we wouldn't be a 50-60 loss team, so the only way to reopen hte window would be probably to trade Dirk...just don't see the Mavs striking gold in 2010.

I'd just be content if we could get something good back from J-Ho this year.

SAD DAYS IN MAVS LAND FOLKS :(

timvp
01-21-2009, 05:44 PM
Trading JET is actually a pretty good idea. At 31, he's not going to get any better and will start getting worse pretty soon. It's a good time to sell high on him ... especially if the Mavs feel that their current team needs a shakeup.

What about JET in a deal involving Rip Hamilton? Hamilton is coming off the bench now but JET would fit much better in that role. He'd give the Pistons a guy who can both run the show and play next to either Stuckey or AI.

For the Mavs, Hamilton fits at the starting shooting guard spot and gives the team a second player they can run the offense through. Plus considering that Carlisle coached Reggie Miller, I'm sure he could figure out how to draw up similar type plays for Hamilton. He also has a type of Kerry Kittles type game, which complemented Kidd very well with the Nets.

Obviously it wouldn't help the Mavs in rebuilding but it'd give them a chance to try to salvage this season and next season at least.

Ghazi
01-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Hamilton's the same age as Terry though, and pretty similar in skillset. I think I'd prefer Terry.

JamStone
01-21-2009, 05:54 PM
Would be cool dealing Rip but would want more than Terry.

And definitely don't like Terry's contract.

monosylab1k
01-21-2009, 05:58 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/56729/20090121/mavs_carlisle_i_like_this_team_a_lot/

I wonder how Donnie & Cuban feel about Carlisle saying "like" instead of "love". Maybe he didn't get that memo.

timvp
01-21-2009, 06:01 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2745~2006~841~981~294~2769&teams=8~8~8~6~6~6&te=&cash=

:drunk

jack sommerset
01-21-2009, 06:02 PM
Mavs made some good trades on Don Nelsons watch. Those days are over.The Kidd trade pretty much ties the Mavs hands for a while. Terry is keeping the Mavs in the hunt for a playoff birth. What can you get for him? I don't think anyone will give you what he is worth giving his age and the fact teams will hold out seeing what the Nets did to the Mavs.

JamStone
01-21-2009, 06:02 PM
Two starters for two subs and a nutcase?

edit: well I guess technically Rip isn't a "starter" anymore but don't like that deal at all for the Pistons.

jack sommerset
01-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Two starters for two subs and a nutcase?

edit: well I guess technically Rip isn't a "starter" anymore but don't like that deal at all for the Pistons.

HAHA The Pistons would cum all over each others faces for that trade.

Shank
01-21-2009, 06:08 PM
Are things this bad?

JamStone
01-21-2009, 06:08 PM
HAHA The Pistons would cum all over each others faces for that trade.

What are you talking about?

No one wants Josh Howard. Rip does all the things Jason Terry does except is 5 inches taller. Pllus Terry has pretty much the same contract while being a true back-up combo guard instead of a legit starting 2-guard that Rip is. And, Brandon Bass brings nothing Maxiell doesn't already as an undersized power forward.

That's ridiculous to think the Pistons would love that trade.

Ditty
01-21-2009, 06:15 PM
JET is the only tradable Mav right now.

Dirk is untouchable, and nobody else wants a douchebag such as Howard, even though he is very talented

i would love that douchebag josh howard

monosylab1k
01-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Are things this bad?

Are things that good?

Brickhouse
01-21-2009, 06:23 PM
Terry's value is at the highest it ever will be. If Mavs can get a nice young player for him (to a team that may need someone like Terry right now to contend), then you do it.

This trade though, would be a glaring "this season is a waste" admission from the FO, which will never happen under the delusions of Mark and Donnie.

jack sommerset
01-21-2009, 06:24 PM
What are you talking about?

No one wants Josh Howard. Rip does all the things Jason Terry does except is 5 inches taller. Pllus Terry has pretty much the same contract while being a true back-up combo guard instead of a legit starting 2-guard that Rip is. And, Brandon Bass brings nothing Maxiell doesn't already as an undersized power forward.

That's ridiculous to think the Pistons would love that trade.

I consider Rip and Terry almost the same player with one exception, Terry is used to coming off the bench and Rip does not want to come off the bench. Then throw in the fact Rip has not helped the Pistons to that Championship level in years maybe the new blood would help. Terry is having a great season coming off the bench. Bass can be good and he is playing for a contract. Josh Howard. As much as I think this guy is a douche bag a new scene might do this guy some good. If a team like the Pistons are not giving anything up for him I would be wetting my pants thinking I could get him back to his old form. What are you giving up for this? Nothing.

Ghazi
01-21-2009, 06:32 PM
I dont wanna sound like a blind optimist, but we're "only" 3.5 games outta 2nd in the west :P... I doubt we can close that gap in the final half of the season w/ the current roster, but I think we potentially could depending on what Howard yields. So, I wouldn't say the season is lost JUST yet. As far as winning a title perhaps its lost, but meh. MEH

SAD DAYS :(

jack sommerset
01-21-2009, 06:37 PM
I dont wanna sound like a blind optimist, but we're "only" 3.5 games outta 2nd in the west :P... I doubt we can close that gap in the final half of the season w/ the current roster, but I think we potentially could depending on what Howard yields. So, I wouldn't say the season is lost JUST yet. As far as winning a title perhaps its lost, but meh. MEH

I'm with you on that. The Mavs can make the playoffs and any team but the Lakers maybe Hornets would be hating life catching them in first round. Who knows, the Mavs coach is still adjusting the bench, maybe he can find that right recipe.

JamStone
01-21-2009, 06:39 PM
I consider Rip and Terry almost the same player with one exception, Terry is used to coming off the bench and Rip does not want to come off the bench. Then throw in the fact Rip has not helped the Pistons to that Championship level in years maybe the new blood would help. Terry is having a great season coming off the bench. Bass can be good and he is playing for a contract. Josh Howard. As much as I think this guy is a douche bag a new scene might do this guy some good. If a team like the Pistons are not giving anything up for him I would be wetting my pants thinking I could get him back to his old form. What are you giving up for this? Nothing.

One exception being Terry is used to coming off the bench?

So ignore the five inch difference? Ignore the fact that Rip is able to guard shooting guards and even some small forwards but Terry can only guard point guards? Ignore the fact that Rip has been the focal point offensively on a championship team? But, Terry being used to coming off the bench is the only difference? Yeah right.

What the hell are you smoking?

Change of scenery might do Josh Howard some good. I don't want it to be in Detroit. He's a very talented player. I don't deny that. But, everything from the weed to the stupid shit about the flag to his fourth quarter Houdini acts makes him the ultimate opposite of appealing. And, how will Josh Howard like coming off the bench? Yeah right. Don't want him. Take his talent and give him Shane Battier's brain, I'll take him. Otherwise, I don't want him on a team I follow.

So a multiple all star and a starting 2-guard on a championship team who was the focal point of the offense is nothing? You're insane. I'd be willing to give up Rip and Amir in the right deal. A package of Jason Terry and Josh Howard is not the right deal. Not bad players. But, no thanks.

Brickhouse
01-21-2009, 06:43 PM

Yeah yeah we'd all like to get some all-star for the team retard, but tell me which team is going to give us some impact player in return and if Donnie and Mark have the ability to pull it off.

jack sommerset
01-21-2009, 06:43 PM
One exception being Terry is used to coming off the bench?

So ignore the five inch difference? Ignore the fact that Rip is able to guard shooting guards and even some small forwards but Terry can only guard point guards? Ignore the fact that Rip has been the focal point offensively on a championship team? But, Terry being used to coming off the bench is the only difference? Yeah right.

What the hell are you smoking?

Change of scenery might do Josh Howard some good. I don't want it to be in Detroit. He's a very talented player. I don't deny that. But, everything from the weed to the stupid shit about the flag to his fourth quarter Houdini acts makes him the ultimate opposite of appealing. And, how will Josh Howard like coming off the bench? Yeah right. Don't want him. Take his talent and give him Shane Battier's brain, I'll take him. Otherwise, I don't want him on a team I follow.

So a multiple all star and a starting 2-guard on a championship team who was the focal point of the offense is nothing? You're insane. I'd be willing to give up Rip and Amir in the right deal. A package of Jason Terry and Josh Howard is not the right deal. Not bad players. But, no thanks.

Calm down. Just a opinion. I think I am 100 percent right. I could careless about the 5 inches Hamilton has on Terry. Terry produces in the NBA just like Rip. I'm not smoking anything, you got any?

JamStone
01-21-2009, 06:47 PM
So five inches is not a difference eh?

Guess Glen Davis is basically Shaquille O'Neal and Andre Iguodala could fill in for Kevin Garnett.

Brickhouse
01-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Rip is a better player overall than Terry, maybe not this season.

dirk4mvp
01-21-2009, 06:51 PM

Guess Glen Davis is basically Shaquille O'Neal and Andre Iguodala could fill in for Kevin Garnett.

Chris Paul does a pretty good Jason Kidd impersonation.

Ghazi
01-21-2009, 06:55 PM
Yeah yeah we'd all like to get some all-star for the team retard, but tell me which team is going to give us some impact player in return and if Donnie and Mark have the ability to pull it off.

I dunno :(, I hope the front office does :D

Mike Miller would be ideal. Not an All-Star, but definitely could be a contributor.

jack sommerset
01-21-2009, 07:05 PM

I'm not comparing Glen Davis to Shaq Daddy! Or AI to KG. I am comparing Rip to Terry and again I think you have the same player. Infact I even think Terry is a little bit better at this stage of there careers.:smokin

JamStone
01-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Didn't disagree that they are "similar" players. I won't even blast you for thinking Terry is better, even though I would probably disagree. But, I do vehemently disagree with your contention that basically the only difference between the two is that Terry is used to coming off the bench.

Rogue
01-21-2009, 07:40 PM
Trading JET is actually a pretty good idea. At 31, he's not going to get any better and will start getting worse pretty soon. It's a good time to sell high on him ... especially if the Mavs feel that their current team needs a shakeup.

What about JET in a deal involving Rip Hamilton? Hamilton is coming off the bench now but JET would fit much better in that role. He'd give the Pistons a guy who can both run the show and play next to either Stuckey or AI.

For the Mavs, Hamilton fits at the starting shooting guard spot and gives the team a second player they can run the offense through. Plus considering that Carlisle coached Reggie Miller, I'm sure he could figure out how to draw up similar type plays for Hamilton. He also has a type of Kerry Kittles type game, which complemented Kidd very well with the Nets.

Obviously it wouldn't help the Mavs in rebuilding but it'd give them a chance to try to salvage this season and next season at least.

Duncan is over 31 too, so he is also expected to start getting worse pretty soon. It's a good time to sell high on TD. TD feel more comfortable at C than PF and the mavs just lack a good center who is dominant and experienced, and the spurs need some athletism for their squad so J Howard should be preferable to the spurs. How about J howard and Dampire for TD?

monosylab1k
01-14-2010, 05:48 PM

:wakeup

Ghazi
01-14-2010, 05:51 PM
I didn't know he was gonna suck this bad this year!

mystargtr34
01-14-2010, 09:16 PM
:lol

mystargtr34
01-14-2010, 09:17 PM
Mono i would hate to see the Mavs now if you were the GM.. what was that starting 5 you had?

mavsfan1000
01-14-2010, 10:43 PM
Terry is definitely the X-factor for the mavs. If he plays well, the mavs usually win. If not, the mavs find it very hard to win.

monosylab1k
01-14-2010, 11:22 PM
Mono i would hate to see the Mavs now if you were the GM.. what was that starting 5 you had?

oh yes. this is my crowning acheivement on SpursTalk. the fact that as a regular dude talking crap on the internet, I was able to construct an infinitely better team than Donnie Nelson, a guy who's been around the NBA his entire life.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3939833&postcount=27

I'm just saying, if I was GM right now, we'd be rolling with a lineup of

Baron Davis
Corey Maggette
Gerald Wallace
Dirk Nowitzki
Chris Kaman

and a bench consisting of:
Shawn Marion
Rashad McCants
Roddy Beaubois
Drew Gooden
Tim Thomas
Erick Dampier
Matt Carroll

I would have taken the Davis/Kaman for Kidd trade.
I would have done J-Ho for G-Force
I would have done the Marion trade (one thing Donnie did right)
I would have traded JET for Maggette
I would have traded JJ Barea for a blow job

Hot Damn just imagine if I was GM.

duhoh
01-14-2010, 11:27 PM

[J]ason [E]ugene [T]erry