PDA

View Full Version : If I were Portland I would try this trade.....

xtremesteven33
01-21-2009, 07:52 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3417~454~194~3461&teams=12~12~22~22&te=&cash=

It makes sense for both teams.

Portland:
-Gets that great, solid veteran PG that they sorely lack. Who is still in his prime.

Clippers:
-Get rid of Baron Davis. Word around the league is that the Clippers regret signing him and want to trade him. Well they get rid of the contract and get Jerryd Bayless in return who looks to be a good young PG/SG.
-They also get an $12,000+ expiring contract that they can sign more players and make good trades.

What do you all think?

IronMexican
01-21-2009, 07:55 PM
Portland could be serious contenders with that trade.

baseline bum
01-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Davis and Oden would make a nice 1-2 punch off the bench in street clothes.

JamStone
01-21-2009, 08:05 PM
Portland would be even more of a handful, but definitely has some risks with Baron Davis also a ball-dominating guard like Roy, even though both are unselfish passers, they both work better with the ball in their hands. A high risk, high reward trade for the Blazers. But I'd definitely be tempted if I were the Blazers.

Rogue
01-21-2009, 08:08 PM
baron "beard" davis is still a pretty good player but not a shitty player like tmac that everyteam wants to get rid of. I would trade Dampire for him if I were Cuban, I mean I used to consider trading dampire for TD but I have changed my thought since I knew the clippers want to sell baron.

layupdrill
01-21-2009, 08:10 PM
I dont see why Portland would do this deal. Baron Davis doesnt make them better than LA, San Antonio, or New Orleans. And his 55 million dollar contract(more importantly) is more of a reason to avoid this.

If I were the Clippers, I would beg Portland to take this

xtremesteven33
01-21-2009, 08:12 PM
Portland would be even more of a handful, but definitely has some risks with Baron Davis also a ball-dominating guard like Roy, even though both are unselfish passers, they both work better with the ball in their hands. A high risk, high reward trade for the Blazers. But I'd definitely be tempted if I were the Blazers.

Good point but you look at how Baron worked it in Golden State. He has a knack at getting his WHOLE team involved. He does shoot crazy shots at times but i know he would be a great addition to this young Blazers team desperately looking for some veteran leadership.

Its a 48 minute game, thats more than enough time for Roy and Baron to control the ball. They would be two of the main ball handlers in the game. And Roy is such a quality player and person I know he wouldnt mind sharing his shots with a player like Baron.

manufor3
01-21-2009, 08:13 PM
why the crap would la do that trade?

xtremesteven33
01-21-2009, 08:14 PM
If I were the Clippers, I would beg Portland to take this

Portland shouldnt do it?

why the crap would la do that trade?

LA shouldnt do it?

lil_penny
01-21-2009, 08:15 PM
Honestly I was really hoping for baron this year, that trade wouldn't be that bad.. I think baron is a great distributor and would be a lot better at including greg than blake can.. a good point guard who can muscle there way down low abd kick the ball to greg would be nice... with the exception of last game where he scored 24, oden very rarely gets the ball tossed to him with the purpose to score, he mostly just kicks it back out to someone. I think baron would be great at getting him some easy dunks, lay ups, lobs.

TDMVPDPOY
01-21-2009, 08:16 PM
hey since miles contract is counted towards the blazers cap, can they still trade his salary to the clippers?

layupdrill
01-21-2009, 08:18 PM
hey since miles contract is counted towards the blazers cap, can they still trade his salary to the clippers?

Nope. ESPN.com trade machine doesnt include the "Miles Effect"

layupdrill
01-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Portland shouldnt do it?

LA shouldnt do it?

Portland should not do it , no.

xtremesteven33
01-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Davis
Roy
Outlaw
Aldridge
Oden

Thats a great lineup with a deep bench....

xtremesteven33
01-21-2009, 08:22 PM

good point. Didnt think of that