PDA

View Full Version : Hornets sign Tolliver to 10 day Contract

tomtom
01-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Hornets sign Tolliver to 10 day Contract (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3850385)

NEW ORLEANS -- The New Orleans Hornets, missing top two centers Tyson Chandler and Hilton Armstrong, signed Anthony Tolliver to a 10-day contract on Wednesday.

Chandler sprained his left ankle on Monday in the Hornets' victory over Indiana. Armstrong also left that game with left knee soreness and neither were able to play on Wednesday night against the New Jersey Nets.

David West, who missed the game against Indiana with back spasms, also sat out against the Nets.

Tolliver, who is 6 feet 8, is in his third season out of Creighton, having spent most of his career in the minor leagues. His NBA experience consists of 19 games with the San Antonio Spurs last season, averaging 2.7 points and 2.2 rebounds in about 11 minutes a game.

Hornets coach Byron Scott said he did not expect Tolliver to play against New Jersey because he didn't know New Orleans' plays.

Chandler, who averages 8.8 points and 8.3 rebounds, is listed day to day but Scott said he could be out more than a week. The status of Armstrong, Chandler's primary backup, is less certain. He is expected to have a precautionary MRI on Thursday to ensure there is no structural damage to his knee.

"He's never had a knee problem so more than anything it's probably scaring him," Scott said.

West, Chandler and Armstrong all are expected to miss New Orleans' game at Minnesota on Friday night, but Scott is hopeful West could return when the Hornets host Philadelphia on Monday.

edit: I wasn't sure if this belongs here or in the other subforum so please move if needed

edit2: Uh yeah sorry I didn't see this was already posted. I only looked for Tolliver in the title so please delete i guess

Ditty
01-21-2009, 11:04 PM
i wonder if hell play agaisnt the spurs and guard duncan ha

that would be funny if he scores like 18 on us and he makes all of his 3's

duncan228
01-21-2009, 11:29 PM
Tolliver back in the NBA (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2009/01/tolliver-back-i.html)
By Jeff McDonald

When the Spurs waived Anthony Tolliver earlier this month, coach Gregg Popovich made a prediction: Tolliver would be back in the NBA someday.

That day, apparently, was Wednesday.

The New Orleans Hornets called up Tolliver from the Developmental League's Iowa Energy. He was with the Hornets for tonight's game against the Nets.

Tolliver, a rookie from Creighton, appeared in 19 games for the Spurs this season, but never seemed able to find his shooting stroke. He shot 29.2 percent from the field, including 20 percent from the 3-point line.

The Hornets needed healthy bodies in the short term, preferably a big one, with Tyson Chandler, David West and Hilton Armstrong all injured against the Nets.

"Opportunities come from everywhere," Tolliver told the New Orleans Times-Picayune. "I'm just excited about the opportunity and hopefully I can make the most out of these 10 days."

DROB4EVER
01-21-2009, 11:42 PM
Well I hope he enjoys going 3-22 over the next ten day!

duncan228
01-22-2009, 01:31 AM
Updated version. Not much changed except the headline.

Ex-Spur now a Hornet (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Ex-Spur_now_a_Hornet.html)
Jeff McDonald

Steve-O-Matic
01-22-2009, 01:38 AM
...and he's already missed his first shot for the Hornets.

Austin_Toros
01-22-2009, 02:47 AM
If hornets want someone to replace Chandler and play centre, I don't think Tolliver is a great center!

...and he's already missed his first shot for the Hornets.

LOL :lmao

timvp
01-22-2009, 06:11 AM
That would be classic if Tolliver goes to the Hornets and suddenly can't miss.

But even if he plays like he played with the Spurs, he's probably better than Marks or Ely . . .

mrspurs
01-22-2009, 06:46 AM
i wonder if hell play agaisnt the spurs and guard duncan ha

that would be funny if he scores like 18 on us and he makes all of his 3's

He was the only player during this past summer I pulled for. (not counting Hill). If he suddenly finds his shot, nah that wont happen. He has to be happy to get a chance to play on an NBA team instead of the D-league.:king

baseline bum
01-22-2009, 07:39 AM
Good luck, Tolly... Except in the playoffs.

Spurs Brazil
01-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Good luck, Tolly... Except in the playoffs.

:tu

timtonymanu
01-22-2009, 03:51 PM
why do the Hornets like to get ex-Spurs on their team?

hope-springs-eternal
01-22-2009, 05:25 PM
I hope he finds a spot and that shot starts falling a little more regularly. Best of luck to him. It's hard work trying to stick on a team.

Behrooz24
01-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Meh, it's just a 10 day contract

peskypesky
01-22-2009, 10:04 PM
who is Tolliver?

Pelicans78
01-22-2009, 11:55 PM
why do the Hornets like to get ex-Spurs on their team?

:sleep

ducks
01-23-2009, 12:01 AM
who is Tolliver?

do you follow the spurs