PDA

View Full Version : i heard the spurs are trying to get david lee or brad miller?

Ditty
01-21-2009, 11:54 PM
well my dad told me that he heard it on the radio

i dont like david lee's size but he will probably just be a one year thing if we get him he can rebound and score but he's been asking for a extension from the knicks but they dont want to give him one of course cause of 2010 and we wont be able to afford a extension until the following summer

brad miller i saw on yahoo that the spurs and dallas were intersted but sac town didnt like what we were offering

Brad Miller, the 7-footer, is an attractive target for Western Conference teams searching for the size to overtake the Los Angeles Lakers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/lal/;_ylt=AhTo8_f60GBh8HFYaoGY6KPTjdIF). The Mavericks and San Antonio Spurs (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/sas/;_ylt=AuonrK6tlvfkRGmw.OexdvHTjdIF) have interest, but don’t have the combination of young players and expiring contracts that the Kings want, league executives say. Guard John Salmons (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3624/;_ylt=Amedid_cDL.vE5ztBCyKLnjTjdIF) could move before the deadline, too.

EricB
01-21-2009, 11:58 PM
You don't like david lee is 6'10 and can get a double double every night?!?

Ditty
01-22-2009, 12:02 AM
o well hes listed as 6'9 i know big deal of height he got 16 rebounds today

actually i hope we get this guy

Manufan909
01-22-2009, 12:04 AM
Yeah, David Lee is the shit, and very young, too. Brad Miller would be a better choice if Ian shows up.

DROB4EVER
01-22-2009, 12:05 AM
I know ESPN reported that the Spurs had talks with the Kings about Miller, but they dont have the goods to get him. They have been chasing Lee for years but I dont see NY wanting to give him for trash or future picks that will be in the late 20s. He would be a great pc but I would rather have a taller shot blocker.

m33p0
01-22-2009, 12:06 AM
stop this. we all know the spurs don't have the pieces to get either of them.

PURO SAN ANTO 210!
01-22-2009, 12:08 AM
Get Lee That Would Be Good. They Passed On Him Before If I Remember Right. Hey Just Go Get Him.

Ditty
01-22-2009, 12:08 AM
jsut give them the rights to tiago also he does us no good playing basketball overseas ritw and well take malik rose also ha

EricB
01-22-2009, 12:12 AM
Get Lee That Would Be Good. They Passed On Him Before If I Remember Right. Hey Just Go Get Him.

Uh, no they didn't.

Ditty
01-22-2009, 12:14 AM
Knicks say they are not giving up Lee unless a trade blows them away and Brad Miller is making a little more than 11 million this year and 12 million next year. Sure it's a 2010 contract but thats way too expensive.

well there dumb for saying that cuz lee is probably walking in the offseason and knicks wont get nothing

Warlord23
01-22-2009, 12:15 AM
Brad Miller?! What, Vlade Divac won't come out of retirement?

EricB
01-22-2009, 12:29 AM

Yeah Brad Miller only had 30 and 20 earlier this year, I can see where that comment has merit.

baseline bum
01-22-2009, 12:38 AM
I don't like Miller; this team doesn't need scoring, it needs rebounding and defense.

cool hand
01-22-2009, 12:43 AM
brad miller cannot block a shot to save his life.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-22-2009, 12:44 AM

More like Jason Thompson came out of the draft...

Some of you guys should try watching teams besides the Spurs play.

DROB4EVER
01-22-2009, 01:01 AM
As far as i know the Knicks are close to extending him. Chances are Lee's agent will see what the FA market is like first.

They wont extend him, that will mess up the 2010 cap room and will prevent them from maxing out 2 guys. I think they are try'n to drive up the price for him and make teams think they arent really looking to deal him before the deadline.

Big P
01-22-2009, 01:07 AM
Brad Miller Blows. He's the last thing we need on this team.

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-22-2009, 01:09 AM
Would not Miller work good in high post with Duncan in low post same way that Robinson did?

HarlemHeat37
01-22-2009, 01:09 AM
I have no idea why anybody wants Brad Miller..he's garbage, doesn't fit our needs, and he makes too much money..

Lee is out of the question..

angelbelow
01-22-2009, 01:10 AM
wow, we were actually interested in brad miller?

for what its worth, it couldnt hurt (team/chemistry wise), he can score, rebound, pass, and even hit the 3.

Horry For 3!
01-22-2009, 01:13 AM
David Lee is a stud.

2centsworth
01-22-2009, 01:23 AM
Lee for one of our euro scrubs. Laker style baby.

pad300
01-22-2009, 01:24 AM
Knicks say they are not giving up Lee unless a trade blows them away and Brad Miller is making a little more than 11 million this year and 12 million next year. Sure it's a 2010 contract but thats way too expensive.

Not sure, proposals are being discussed on realgm for trading David Lee -
http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=873126&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Won't say I can read the Knicks braintrust's mind, but he'd be cheaper than you think. All the Knicks hold after this season is his bird rights... They might want to get something or move a contract like Jeffries or Curry while they can.

Yorae
01-22-2009, 01:37 AM
Check put D. Lee's stats on the game against phoenix. 27/16 is prety good.

DespЏrado
01-22-2009, 01:43 AM
Lee is a great option for the spurs if they are actually willing to give up some pieces to get him. George Hill, Udoka, Oberto, and Tiago would all be players that would be worth giving up for the talent that Lee brings. I know Hill has a great future, but that future will be better spent if he doesn't have to live in Tony Parker's shadow.

bigdog
01-22-2009, 01:52 AM
Lee is a great option for the spurs if they are actually willing to give up some pieces to get him. George Hill, Udoka, Oberto, and Tiago would all be players that would be worth giving up for the talent that Lee brings. I know Hill has a great future, but that future will be better spent if he doesn't have to live in Tony Parker's shadow.

There is no way the Spurs trade George Hill. I'd love to see Lee in a Spurs uniform, but not if we have to give up Hill. There is a reason the Spurs drafted him and are playing him ahead of Vaughn, he's a good player, and he's only going to get better. Now, if some other team offers him a deal the Spurs can't match when his rookie contract is done, then so be it, but if he continues to mature and improve, he will be in SA for a long time.

Yorae
01-22-2009, 01:59 AM
Will anyone pull off a Memphis / Pau Gasol move for us?

01-22-2009, 02:15 AM
an idea for trading hill is just not too bright. the spurs have spent 5 years looking for a pg to backup parker and they finally found one. the backup pg position was way more important than acquiring a capable big. now that the spurs finally found a reliable one and you want to trade him?? guess who will be left when the spurs trade hill? that's right. jacque vaughn.

mountainballer
01-22-2009, 05:22 AM
of course the Spurs could somehow assemble a package that would make the numbers work.
(like Matt, Fab, Fin, JV for Miller, Brown, Douby)
would it make us better? I doubt it. Miller is now a below average rebounder for his size, in fact his production on the board is lower than Matt's per minute. shot blocking also isn't a factor. for most opponents he is meanwhile to slow, we already have a big who struggles against faster opponents in KT.
Miller still is a nice offensive player though, combined with his fantastic passing ability he would help in some scenarios. team even less can double Tim, because Miller still can get his 20+ on any given night. if they don't double Tim, he will find and feed him.
however, I'm not sure that overall his impact would be enough. I fear many opponents will just beat us with faster line ups.

mrspurs
01-22-2009, 07:10 AM
an idea for trading hill is just not too bright. the spurs have spent 5 years looking for a pg to backup parker and they finally found one. the backup pg position was way more important than acquiring a capable big. now that the spurs finally found a reliable one and you want to trade him?? guess who will be left when the spurs trade hill? that's right. jacque vaughn.

They got Roger, and everyone is acting like Hill is the next Jordon. If we could get a big, Id ship Hill in a second. Its good Bigs that are hard to find, not little guys. And Hill isnt a point, hes a learning point. I like Hill, but if we get the chance to find a starting big? Dont let the door hit on the way out.....Come crunch time who do you think will be running the team in the POs, when TP is resting? Maybe Roger, maybe Manu. I doubt Hill will be. And just about anyone in the NBA would have JV sitting.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-22-2009, 07:15 AM
stop this. we all know the spurs don't have the pieces to get either of them.

Exactly. It's all bullshit.

This thread is just a fantasy jerkoff, which is fine, but let's recognise it as such.

Maybe ST needs a fantasy jerkoff trade forum for all these untenable ideas? :lol

kace
01-22-2009, 07:18 AM
anyway, it won't happen, but i can't believe some people would be reluctant to give Hill in order to have D.Lee. some members are just amazing. we're talking about a solid PG backup, who will never be a starter for the spurs on one side and a 15 pts-11.5 rbs- 57 % FG player on the other side. come on.

SenorSpur
01-22-2009, 09:15 AM
They got Roger, and everyone is acting like Hill is the next Jordon. If we could get a big, Id ship Hill in a second. Its good Bigs that are hard to find, not little guys. And Hill isnt a point, hes a learning point. I like Hill, but if we get the chance to find a starting big? Dont let the door hit on the way out.....Come crunch time who do you think will be running the team in the POs, when TP is resting? Maybe Roger, maybe Manu. I doubt Hill will be. And just about anyone in the NBA would have JV sitting.

Have to disagree with you on this one. Hill just got here. He's already a productive part of the rotation and has a bright future. I know he's still learning the position, but he's progressing quite nicely and would be sought-after by some NBA teams. However, sacrificing Hill in any trade to get Lee only puts the Spurs back in the situation they were in last year - no plausible answer at backup PG.

It's never a good strategy to fill one need, by creating another one. Unless you want to go back to JV as backup PG, the Spurs will have to dream up some other sceanario. I love David Lee too and wish there was a way for the Spurs to obtain him. They just don't have enough assets. Besides it's a moot point anyway. Pop is much too fond of Hill to ever sacrifice him in any trade.

Taco
01-22-2009, 09:17 AM
David Lee would be a good get :tu

bigdog
01-22-2009, 11:14 AM

Are you kidding me? You say Hill is a learning point guard. I say this "learning point guard" is better than any other option that is on the team right now. Mason is not a point guard. Hill is more of a PG than Mason is. And do you seriously expect a rookie PG to be running the team in crunch time? Of course Pop would have Manu or Mason running the team, they're more experienced.

Hill has so much upside, and in my opinion he is doing a pretty damn good job for a guy that no one expected anything from. He's doing a good job at "learning", and he's only going to get better. David Lee is a beast, but no way they give up Hill for him.

benefactor
01-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Are you kidding me? You say Hill is a learning point guard. I say this "learning point guard" is better than any other option that is on the team right now. Mason is not a point guard. Hill is more of a PG than Mason is. And do you seriously expect a rookie PG to be running the team in crunch time? Of course Pop would have Manu or Mason running the team, they're more experienced.

Hill has so much upside, and in my opinion he is doing a pretty damn good job for a guy that no one expected anything from. He's doing a good job at "learning", and he's only going to get better. David Lee is a beast, but no way they give up Hill for him.
Don't bother responding to him. Its like trying to discuss trade ideas with my 9yr old daughter who is into High School Musical and Webkins.

Manufan909
01-22-2009, 12:12 PM

Why would you trade Hill, a player with so much upside, AND seems to be a true Spur? And I don't care about Tiago anymore, but i don't want to bitch about another Scola deal a few years from now. Fin, Udoka, Fab, and Vaughn are all expendable, and all players would take since they're all off the books in 2010, just like NY wants.

peacemaker885
01-22-2009, 03:06 PM
Exactly. It's all bullshit.

This thread is just a fantasy jerkoff, which is fine, but let's recognise it as such.

Maybe ST needs a fantasy jerkoff trade forum for all these untenable ideas? :lol

I'm all for this idea. Posts with the following subjects should automatically be moved:

what if
how about this
trade idea
"so and so player" to SPURS
vaugh, bonner idea
mahinmi, splitter idea
what do you think

superbigtime
01-22-2009, 04:20 PM
Giving up George Hill to get David Lee is a NO BRAINER! Lee has only been in the league a few years now and has a long career of kicking ass ahead of him. Hill is a nice backup pointguard with lots of upside. Backup PG's are all over the league. David Lee would change the team for the better in a whole lotta ways.

Yorae
01-22-2009, 08:47 PM
Uh, guys Mourning just retired. Is there a way to get him out of retirement and play for us? Would he supply the need we're looking for or he's really out of gas?

spursnatic
01-22-2009, 10:04 PM
Hell I would rather go after Marcus Camby than Brad Miller!!! It is 6 million dollars cheaper and Camby is 50 times better than him!!!:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2::flag:

ohmwrecker
01-22-2009, 10:27 PM
Lee would be fantastic, but I don't think the Spurs being able to offer the Knicks would want. I'm sure the Knicks could get a pretty decent player for Lee. That being said, I'd trade Bonner for Lee in a heartbeat.

timaios
01-22-2009, 10:30 PM
Hell I would rather go after Marcus Camby than Brad Miller!!! It is 6 million dollars cheaper and Camby is 50 times better than him!!!:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2::flag:

Brad Miller $11,375,000 $12,250,000
Marcus Camby $10,000,000 $9,650,000

Biggems
01-22-2009, 10:41 PM
I wonder if we offered anything to the Knicks for Lee......like maybe the Beno Exemption + a player or pick.....

I really do wish we had him on our team.

ploto
01-22-2009, 10:43 PM
Wouldn't the Spurs rather have Rasho than Brad?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-22-2009, 10:45 PM
I'm all for this idea. Posts with the following subjects should automatically be moved:

what if
how about this
trade idea
"so and so player" to SPURS
vaugh, bonner idea
mahinmi, splitter idea
what do you think

:tu

And yet people continue to add posts saying things like "I wish we had David Lee"... NO SHIT SHERLOCK! And I wish I could solve the looming world energy and climate crises, but it ain't going to happen. You think NY are going to give away their best big for JV and a bag of corn chips??? :lmao

GSH
01-22-2009, 10:49 PM
Miller's salary is out of the question. Lee is another story. Playing in D'Antoni's system this year has probably inflated his numbers a little bit, but he's been a pretty consistent producer and he gets to the line with some regularity. He could definitely contribute - I don't know what we could offer the Knicks that they would accept.

There was a lot of talk that the Knicks were going to have a fire sale on Lee because they are totally focused on clearing cap space, and they won't be willing to pay him what he will command after this season. They got a couple of offers, but turned them down, so they were obviously not willing to give him away. And that was before he turned into a walking double-double this season, so his stock has gone up. On top of that, the fans are nuts about him, and the concensus is that if Donnie Walsh trades him he will have to start scanning his mail for letter bombs.

I don't think the Knicks are going to let him go at all. There is too much interest in him now for them to let him go cheap.

peskypesky
01-22-2009, 11:09 PM

And yet people continue to add posts saying things like "I wish we had David Lee"... NO SHIT SHERLOCK! And I wish I could solve the looming world energy and climate crises, but it ain't going to happen. You think NY are going to give away their best big for JV and a bag of corn chips??? :lmao

They would if Isaiah Thomas were still their GM.

DespЏrado
01-23-2009, 01:23 AM
Hill for Lee is absolutely a no-brainer. I love Hill, I think he is absolutely a stud with a hell of a future ahead of him. But with Tony Parker on the Spurs, Hill will never be able to play the minutes he is good enough to earn. This is practically Tony's team now, and having a good backup for him is imperative. But getting a starting 4/5 to put next to Duncan is so much more important than a guy who will never give us more than a dozen + minutes a night.

Lee is a starter, he's a monster on the boards. He is the quicker player to put next to Duncan that can actually rebound. Lee would provide a much needed 30 minutes a game and that is more important than finding someone who can bring the ball up the floor for 15 minutes a game.

It is precisely why we like Hill so much that he could tempt New York into actually biting on this trade.

z0sa
01-23-2009, 01:26 AM

They did it in 05 didn't they? :rollin

Biggems
01-23-2009, 01:29 AM
Hill for Lee is absolutely a no-brainer. I love Hill, I think he is absolutely a stud with a hell of a future ahead of him. But with Tony Parker on the Spurs, Hill will never be able to play the minutes he is good enough to earn. This is practically Tony's team now, and having a good backup for him is imperative. But getting a starting 4/5 to put next to Duncan is so much more important than a guy who will never give us more than a dozen + minutes a night.

Lee is a starter, he's a monster on the boards. He is the quicker player to put next to Duncan that can actually rebound. Lee would provide a much needed 30 minutes a game and that is more important than finding someone who can bring the ball up the floor for 15 minutes a game.

It is precisely why we like Hill so much that he could tempt New York into actually biting on this trade.

now way do you give Hill away right now. I would rather give away the rights to Splitter.

DespЏrado
01-23-2009, 01:36 AM
now way do you give Hill away right now. I would rather give away the rights to Splitter.

I would obviously love it if New York would take Bonner and bag of peanuts rather than give up Hill, but if New York would only make a deal involving Hill, I am just saying I would take it. He sure wouldn't be in my first offer, splitter is the more obvious choice because it's pretty much an even trade at the same position.

Either way I'd trade anyone not named Duncan, Parker, Manu, and Mason for the chance to put Lee next to Duncan.

Lee would be the third or fourth best player on this team on any given night, making him a far more important piece than our 6th or 7th best player.

senorglory
01-23-2009, 01:43 AM
I'm not as alarmed as the rest of ST members about our apparent hole in the front court lineup, and I think I agree with 025 that filling the backup PG position was a higher priority this season than bringing in a another big. I think the Spurs have successfully played the 5 spot by committee for many seasons now, and can do it again this season once everyone gels. I also think Thomas and Oberto will be productive once they are fully healthy and in game condition.

I also think the Spurs have been secretly transformed by Pop into a part-time small-ball team over the last couple of seasons, and that it looks a little weird to many Spurs homers that are accustomed to the twin towers of old.

I think we're looking good this year.

Spursfanfromafar
01-23-2009, 06:36 AM
Is this (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2772%7E509%7E2805%7E866%7E874% 7E376%7E556%7E3040&teams=24%7E23%7E23%7E23%7E18%7E18%7E18%7E24&te=&cash=18:24)a viable way of getting David Lee : (Link points to ESPN NBA Trade Machine)

What do you think?

venitian navigator
01-23-2009, 07:08 AM
Is this (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2772%7E509%7E2805%7E866%7E874% 7E376%7E556%7E3040&teams=24%7E23%7E23%7E23%7E18%7E18%7E18%7E24&te=&cash=18:24)a viable way of getting David Lee : (Link points to ESPN NBA Trade Machine)

What do you think?

I think is a good trade, but that N.Y. is not going to get anough (at the end, just expiring contracts) to bite.
I think that, if we realy want to obtain Lee, the only way is giving them the Splitter's rights...'cause he's the some role of Lee, probably a better nba player and in the future is going to hurt the N.Y. salary only for the "rookie" amount of money...in the LBJ + other all star year (2010)!
That would be an Ideal solution for N.Y. ...if their schedule is plaiyng the "big role" only in the 2010 summer...

Spursfanfromafar
01-23-2009, 07:17 AM
I think is a good trade, but that N.Y. is not going to get anough (at the end, just expiring contracts) to bite.

But they do get Brad Miller, a player they would covet in D'Antoni's system; wouldn't they? Great passing skills, good high post play, capable of banging in the low post for rebounds and weaknesses that do not quite play out in a 7Sec or Less system. Plus he is not just an expiring contract, he gives them this year and the next.

On the other hand, I suspect that the Kings get very little in the bargain apart from the giga-expiring contract of Marbury. But that fits well within their plan of re-building. Will Geoff Petrie bite?

Spursfanfromafar
01-23-2009, 09:46 AM
Again.. somebody; please pique my curiousity:

Whats wrong with this (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2772%7E509%7E2805%7E866%7E874% 7E376%7E556%7E3040&teams=24%7E23%7E23%7E23%7E18%7E18%7E18%7E24&te=&cash=18:24) trade: Is it a viable way of getting David Lee : (Link points to ESPN NBA Trade Machine)... From all accounts, he seems the only available big man with hustle who could be the addition... if at all..it is decided to have an addition to the squad that is as it is now.

superbigtime
01-23-2009, 10:48 AM
I would obviously love it if New York would take Bonner and bag of peanuts rather than give up Hill, but if New York would only make a deal involving Hill, I am just saying I would take it. He sure wouldn't be in my first offer, splitter is the more obvious choice because it's pretty much an even trade at the same position.

Either way I'd trade anyone not named Duncan, Parker, Manu, and Mason for the chance to put Lee next to Duncan.

Lee would be the third or fourth best player on this team on any given night, making him a far more important piece than our 6th or 7th best player.

+1

pad300
01-23-2009, 10:55 AM

What do you think?

It's certainly viable from the Spurs POV. I'm not sure about the Kings, nor the Knicks. While I agree with you that the Knicks will happily use Lee to move deals for more capspace in the 2010 FA market, Marbury is not the guy to move for that. The Contracts they would want to move are either Curry or Jeffries; Marbury's expires for the 2010 offseason. I'm not sure the Kings see any value in acquiring Marbury; I am not sure that they want to be major players in the 2009 FA market, rather than in 2010...

Rather, I tend to see a proposal like this :

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1717~2772~242~2805~866&teams=24~24~18~18~18&te=&cash=
or this
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1717~2772~167~2805~866~874&teams=24~24~18~18~18~18&te=&cash=

as being more likely. SA gets Lee for the price of eating Jeffries's bad contract (note, this might SA in lux tax territory this year. It probably does so next year as well, assuming we resign Lee for $7-8 million per year, which looks like it might be on the cheap even. It also mucks with the "2010 Plan".). It might be neccessary to include picks or rights to foreign players. I would not be averse to sending Tiago's rights to New York. While Tiago is a very good player, I think it will be very difficult to get him to the NBA due to the Rookie salary scale...

lefty
01-23-2009, 04:29 PM
We have nothing to offer for David Lee.

:lol

lefty
01-23-2009, 04:31 PM

Are you freaking crazy ??????

Hill is the kind of backup we've been badly missing for years.

No, no no :D

Manufan909
01-23-2009, 04:50 PM

Lee is the kind of athletic big Pop hasn't had since Drob, and Mason could fill in for PG. I don't know the stats, but I think he was more productive at PG.
Yes, yes, yes :hat

P.S. I would be ok with everyone but the Big 4+Mason to be dealt before they put up Hill, but Hill for Lee is too good. I'd still get sad, because Hill has so much potential.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-23-2009, 06:47 PM
They would if Isaiah Thomas were still their GM.

They did it in 05 didn't they? :rollin

Touche. :)

I have seen Lee play, but didn't watch his post defence - what's he like 1-on-1 against a good low-post centre? To truly fit the Spurs the guy needs to be able to defend guys like Shaq and Bynum.

DespЏrado
01-23-2009, 08:06 PM

I think you missed my point. Hill has exceeded all of my expectations of an unknown out of IUPUI, right now he has to look like another diamond in the rough kind of player like Manu and Tony. We need to use that to our advantage. Hill will never play more than a dozen minutes on any given night with the Spurs. We don't have minutes for a backup PG over the 12-15 minutes Tony needs to get his breather.

I love Hill's heart, hustle, defense, rebounding, and 3 point shooting, but I would give that all up for a guy we can actually keep on the floor for more than 20 minutes a night. No matter how good Hill is, he won't take more than a backup's worth of minutes from Tony. Pop will always look down the bench and call Tony's number before Hill's. For as good as Hill is, we can't ever utilize him more than we could use a double double machine at the 4/5 to put next to Duncan.

silk
01-23-2009, 08:50 PM
don't the spurs want to see what mahinmi can give before trading for a guy who will take his supposed spot in the rotation ?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-24-2009, 12:24 AM
don't the spurs want to see what mahinmi can give before trading for a guy who will take his supposed spot in the rotation ?

OMG, someone talking sense!

Don't worry, the Knick aren't giving us Lee for a $2 watch, so this is really just an ST fantasy circle jerk. Enjoy! :lol

Manufan909
01-24-2009, 12:31 AM
Talking sense means implying Mahinmi has a supposed spot in the rotation? I want someone who can help out, not someone who has been injured for what seems like forever. Ian can always beat out Fab/Bonner/KT, and then the SPurs will have 2 athletic bigs to back up Tim.

And we all know it's a circle jerk Ruff, but it's all we have til CIA Pop reveals his plan.

underdawg
01-24-2009, 12:54 AM
OMG, someone talking sense!

Don't worry, the Knick aren't giving us Lee for a $2 watch, so this is really just an ST fantasy circle jerk. Enjoy! :lol

I mentioned it in a different thread (with no response,) but what are the chances of acquiring Cheikh Samb? He was part of the Iverson trade from Detroit and the Nuggets traded him to the Clippers for a 2015 second round pick. Watched a bit of him tonight vs OKC and he has some potential - he definitely would provide shot blocking and rebounds and runs the floor well too.

Sotongball21
01-24-2009, 04:26 AM
i was just wondering..
what about tayshaun for mason? wouldn't that be sweet?
juuuuust wondering haha

Spursfanfromafar
01-25-2009, 03:23 AM
It's certainly viable from the Spurs POV. I'm not sure about the Kings, nor the Knicks. While I agree with you that the Knicks will happily use Lee to move deals for more capspace in the 2010 FA market, Marbury is not the guy to move for that. The Contracts they would want to move are either Curry or Jeffries; Marbury's expires for the 2010 offseason. I'm not sure the Kings see any value in acquiring Marbury; I am not sure that they want to be major players in the 2009 FA market, rather than in 2010...

I still believe that the Kings will bite on this. Check these discussions on this arbitrary Kings Forum: http://kingsforum.net/?p=321 The idea that Petrie was behind was to get under the cap in 2009 and that purpose is solved by getting in Mr. 20 million but useless Stephon.

For the Knicks, they get a good center with a good potential in D'Antoni's system and who comes off the books well in time for 2010's cap space clearance. With the Knicks not in a position to sign Lee to a decent contract even if he is restricted the end of season; Brad Miller fills a Lee like position for 2009-10.

In Ime Udoka, D'Antoni gets a poorer but similar version of Raja Bell to augment his non-existent perimeter defense. I am sure Walsh would try his best to move Jeffries/ James/Rose/Curry to someone who is willing to take in some corpses/crap, but I am sure that is not going to happen in a bad economy as this. Don't be surprised if something of the sort (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2772%7E509%7E376%7E556%7E3040% 7E2805%7E866&teams=24%7E23%7E18%7E18%7E24%7E23%7E18&te=&cash=) that I predicted does happen.

For the Spurs, Lee obviously brings in some hustle and rebounding, even if he doesn't quite bring in any special blocking ability; but he is an upgrade over the smart Fab, who seems to have run out of wheels this season. Shelden Williams will remain a second half project, but I predict he will be most likely be cut.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-25-2009, 05:34 AM
I still believe that the Kings will bite on this. Check these discussions on this arbitrary Kings Forum: http://kingsforum.net/?p=321 The idea that Petrie was behind was to get under the cap in 2009 and that purpose is solved by getting in Mr. 20 million but useless Stephon.

For the Knicks, they get a good center with a good potential in D'Antoni's system and who comes off the books well in time for 2010's cap space clearance. With the Knicks not in a position to sign Lee to a decent contract even if he is restricted the end of season; Brad Miller fills a Lee like position for 2009-10.

In Ime Udoka, D'Antoni gets a poorer but similar version of Raja Bell to augment his non-existent perimeter defense. I am sure Walsh would try his best to move Jeffries/ James/Rose/Curry to someone who is willing to take in some corpses/crap, but I am sure that is not going to happen in a bad economy as this. Don't be surprised if something of the sort (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2772%7E509%7E376%7E556%7E3040% 7E2805%7E866&teams=24%7E23%7E18%7E18%7E24%7E23%7E18&te=&cash=) that I predicted does happen.

For the Spurs, Lee obviously brings in some hustle and rebounding, even if he doesn't quite bring in any special blocking ability; but he is an upgrade over the smart Fab, who seems to have run out of wheels this season. Shelden Williams will remain a second half project, but I predict he will be most likely be cut.

3 scrubs is not going to get a starter. Try again. Ime has taken a big step back this year, Oberto is hurt and Vaughn is just plain awful. Expiring contracts are nice but they stiull have to field a team and 3 guys that are literally our IR and back end of the bench is not going to get it done.

Chieflion
01-25-2009, 06:16 AM
Giving negative value players (according to Kings because they probably will have no capspace next year anyway) plus + cancerbury ain't gonna cut for the Kings, but we cannot cut the Kings out. New York says hell yes if they can get rid of Cancerbury.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-25-2009, 08:47 AM
Just to inform the circle jerk, here's 5 questions with David Lee from Mark Stein's ESPN daily dime:

"Five questions with Knicks forward David Lee:

Q: Pretty much every player we've asked this says they love playing in Mike D'Antoni's system. How did you think you'd fit in when you heard he was going to be your coach?

A: For every person that said that it'd be a good fit [for me], I think there were some people that said, "Well, they want a Dirk Nowitzki-style guy that can just sit out there and shoot." So I looked at what Amare Stoudemire has done in the past and -- obviously I'm not the player that Amare is -- but I knew if I could get in shape and really get the pick-and-roll going ... I knew I could be effective. It's been a blessing for me for Chris [Duhon] to come here. Chris and I have developed a good relationship as far as the pick-and-roll and that's the center of his whole offense.

Q: Were you really out of shape?

A: In years past I would have been in great shape for how we were playing, but I think I started in the preseason probably about 10 pounds heavier than I should have been. Once I got in better shape, I got a lot of my explosiveness up to a level that I haven't had since I was in college and high school. I've dropped about 15 pounds since the season started already. Now I just keep working on that 15-footer and trying to expand my game.

Q: What's the state of your 15-footer at this point? How much can you improve it at this stage of your career?

A: I think it's gone from being nonexistent to now where you play and guys will close out and they'll actually try to take away the jump shot, which is good. Believe it or not, I've gotten to the point where I think mechanically it's where I want to be. Now it's about continuing to have confidence in my shot. I'll have games where I hit four or five jumpers and feel great. And then I'll have games where I'll miss one badly ... great shooters in this league don't worry about that. Ray Allen will air ball two in a row and swish his next three.

Q: Can this team really tune out all the talk about the summer of 2010? I imagine it's not as easy as it sounds.

A: Part of playing in New York is knowing you're going to have to deal with that stuff. When you sign with a New York team, whether it's basketball or baseball or whatever, you kind of understand that there's going to be constant media focus on everything. With what I've personally been through in the last three years, between Larry Brown, Isiah [Thomas], all the players, all the [Stephon] Marbury stuff, I've pretty much seen 20 years of drama in three years. But I personally think I'm stronger for having gone through all that.

Something I've learned is that there's athletes that go to New York and kind of thrive off the pressure and there's guys that go there and are a little uncomfortable. I never averaged 10 rebounds in college. I never averaged 15 points in college. So it's something that I think I've taken as kind of a challenge, knowing that every game you go out there you can't play badly, because you can go from being the man to the mule in New York City in about a week's time.

Q: What about all the trade speculation? You have to be one of the league leaders when it comes to being mentioned in potential deals. How do you handle that?

A: I talk to [team president] Donnie Walsh and some of those people. I've tried to keep it as simple as possible and take everything as a compliment. It's not as though [the Knicks are] trying to get rid of me. It's other teams that are coming in and offering stuff. I love New York. I love playing here, but I understand it's a business. I'd love to play the rest of my career in New York City, but I try to control the things I can control and keep playing ball to the best of my abilities.

The one frustrating part is that it's constantly talked about and constantly an issue and friends and family always saying, "I saw this, I saw that." The first thing I learned when I got to New York is not to read the paper and not to read the Internet. That's like rule No. 1. So I just hear about [trade speculation] when friends will call and say, "We heard you're going to Denver or we heard you're going to Portland." I don't concentrate on that too much because, if I focused on that, I think I've been traded about 65 times in four years. "

Sounds like a great kid and a natural Spur to me. And yes, I'd probably deal George for him at this point as he could help us win for the rest of the Duncan era (which I'm sure george could also do, but we need an athletic big so badly...).

Now if only this weren't a circle-jerk... :lol

m33p0
01-25-2009, 08:54 AM
david lee > amare stoudamire

just want to put it out there.