PDA

View Full Version : Duncan's Shot Opened Some Eyes

Ghost Writer
03-01-2005, 06:18 PM
Apparently, the ESPN pundits realized that Duncan is still one of the best players in the NBA and he can, indeed, make meaningful shots in the clutch.

NBA Fastbreak, SportsCenter and Cold Pizza all devoted extended time to last night's marquee matchup of the Spurs vs. LeBron.

When the Spurs succeeded after Duncan's big basket, they almost had no choice but to give the Spurs and their best player their due.

It was enjoyable to see.

In a sports landscape where steroids, brawls, coaches calling for hard fouls, lying and cheating are all pervasive themes, it's refreshing to see San Antonio continue to succeed in spite of it all.

I think it showed great character for Duncan to make that game winner after getting that terrible goal tending call against him.

These types of wins go a long way towards galvanizing a team behind its best player.

P.S.

Parker is making me finally believe the hype.

Kori Ellis
03-01-2005, 06:19 PM
P.S.

*faints*

How's the wedding planning?

T Park
03-01-2005, 06:23 PM
Damnt, didnt Ghost make positive comments like this last year??

Be pessimistic going into the playoffs like in 03.

BTW, whats your opinion on the Nazr trade, IMO it was a steal and we saw why last night.

Phenomanul
03-01-2005, 06:27 PM
Damnt, didnt Ghost make positive comments like this last year??

Be pessimistic going into the playoffs like in 03.

BTW, whats your opinion on the Nazr trade, IMO it was a steal and we saw why last night.

Last night Nazr and Rose could have been interchangeable.... He did not have enough of an impact to clearly say... "Malik could not have done that" or "wow.... he had 12 rebounds in 10 minutes".

When and after he has played some more games... then we can begin to assess.

Ghost Writer
03-01-2005, 06:28 PM
The wedding plans and my new job responsibilities have limited my productivity in this Forum, which is somewhat distressing.

But I still check in and try to make cameos.

I loved the Rose for Nazr trade. I appreciate Rose's tenure with the Spurs, but he was overrated and overpaid. Now he can play with his clone in NY, Jerome Williams.

We need to find a way to move Rasho for a Dalembert or a Swift or someother young, mobile, athletic center.

Or start Nazr next year and bring a stiff off the bench.

All of my negative comments in the past were founded with the best intentions -- championships for the Spurs.

Ghost Writer
03-01-2005, 06:30 PM
hegamboa, if you could've gotten a few more inches, shaved off some years and cut back on a lot of salary, I would've kept Rose.

Nazr is the smarter choice for now and the immediate future.

Turn the page.

Kori Ellis
03-01-2005, 06:30 PM
The wedding plans and my new job responsibilities have limited my productivity in this Forum, which is somewhat distressing.

But I still check in and try to make cameos.

Remember when timvp and I got engaged and you got all in a huff because you thought timvp would go downhill as a poster and I no longer would be the "good time girl"?

:lmao

Once you're married, will you still be allowed to post?

Solid D
03-01-2005, 06:31 PM

Way to step up, G-Dub.

Phenomanul
03-01-2005, 06:34 PM
hegamboa, if you could've gotten a few more inches, shaved off some years and cut back on a lot of salary, I would've kept Rose.

Turn the page.

I didn't say anything negative about the trade... I wast just addressing the comment of "and we saw why last night"

can you honestly tell me TPark saw 'that'** last night????

** that =
Nazr is the smarter choice for now and the immediate future

johnny00
03-01-2005, 06:45 PM
Last nights game could serve as the catalyst the Spurs needed to make that championship run, another couple wins like this and they will believe there is nobody they can't beat. It's important for this team to develop that championship swagger. All the past great ones had it, wheather it's boxing, football, baseball or whatever if you come in knowing you can beat the man across from you and they know it too, it's already over.

whottt
03-01-2005, 06:49 PM
Hey Ghost...how do you think they are going to like Malik in New York with his hustling and heart? They seem to like him already.

exstatic
03-01-2005, 06:50 PM
My favorite part of the shot was that Duncan has learned to make the ball go thru the net at 0.0 and not 0.4. ;)

whottt
03-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Duncan is a clutch shooter(except for his FT shooting sometimes)...that is the one thing he is that I am certain Drob wasn't...If Drob got the ball on the last posession he might put it in or he might not and there would be nothing mystical about it...If Duncan gets it and he's fought for that game...he'll hit it.

ShoogarBear
03-01-2005, 07:59 PM
If Drob got the ball on the last posession he might put it in or he might not and there would be nothing mystical about it.

There's nothing really mystical about the difference.

Tim has well-developed offensive moves and a reliable jump shot.

DRob never developed a go-to move.

whottt
03-01-2005, 08:04 PM
Steve Smith

slayermin
03-01-2005, 08:12 PM
I am very happy with last night's win. But I want Tim or Manu to hit a buzzer beater down by one or two. Also, I want the buzzer beater to be challenged. Man, it would great for that to happen in Detroit.

On another note, I love the Woai Spurs Roundtable but it seems like Kori has too much knowledge for the rest of the panelists.

Why doesn't Woai bring in the Spurstalk.com's finest for a roundtable session?

That would be must see tv.

SequSpur
03-01-2005, 08:50 PM
The Spurs realized in the past 2 games to give the ball to Tony and Tim at the end rather than Manu Ginobili. Dude is out of control.

Kori Ellis
03-01-2005, 09:25 PM
Why doesn't Woai bring in the Spurstalk.com's finest for a roundtable session?

Anyone and everyone in this forum has repeatedly been invited to be on the Round Table.

Steve Crawford, who is in this week's Round Table, is King Latifah from this forum. Also, timvp, MikeyP, toosmallshoes, and a few others from the forum have been on.

Whoever else wants to be on the panel, just needs to email me. [email protected] or [email protected] I'm the one who chooses the panelists. I would love to have Whottt and ChumpDumper on together. :lol

travis2
03-02-2005, 09:03 AM
Kori, I think he means on TV rather than just on the net...

At least I hope that's what he meant...:oops

Useruser666
03-02-2005, 09:54 AM
Anyone and everyone in this forum has repeatedly been invited to be on the Round Table.

Steve Crawford, who is in this week's Round Table, is King Latifah from this forum. Also, timvp, MikeyP, toosmallshoes, and a few others from the forum have been on.

Whoever else wants to be on the panel, just needs to email me. [email protected] or [email protected] I'm the one who chooses the panelists. I would love to have Whottt and ChumpDumper on together. :lol

Can we have a studio audience chant "Kori, Kori, Kori!" While they make runs at each other. I can play the role of the guy with the black "security" t-shirt who jumps in at the last second.

slayermin
03-02-2005, 10:10 AM
So is the roundtable just for the net?

I was under the impression that it was televised in SA.

I get a kick out of the interaction between the posters in this forum. I think it would be hilarious to watch it unfold on a tv show.

IcemanCometh
03-02-2005, 11:51 AM
i thought they made gay marriages illegal

Rummpd
03-02-2005, 12:51 PM
A the bliss of wedding life and yes my wife lets me post = she glad it is not a "Russian Bride" chatroom or something like that.

Best of luck on the wedding!