PDA

View Full Version : Orlando vs Boston Predictions

ManuTP9
01-22-2009, 10:15 AM
Tonight Orlando Magic face thte Boston Celtics on TNT, who do you think will win tonight?

I think the Magic will come out with this one, Nelson has been playing fantastic, i expect him to put on a show. Orlando 98-boston 84

Thunder Dan
01-22-2009, 10:20 AM
Boston by 15

102-87

The_Game
01-22-2009, 10:52 AM
Boston by 15

102-87

Are you crazy?

Orlando are playing so well and they are rested compared to boston who played last night. It's clear Orlando will win this one

phyzik
01-22-2009, 10:57 AM
Go Orlando!

Indazone
01-22-2009, 11:09 AM
Boston will curbstomp Orlando

Thunder Dan
01-22-2009, 11:21 AM
Are you crazy?

Orlando are playing so well and they are rested compared to boston who played last night. It's clear Orlando will win this one

I made my prediction, I don't need to explain it....but I will say...Orlando has been sitting around for 3 days hearing how great they are, and Boston is trying to prove they are still a force

bdubya
01-22-2009, 11:56 AM
I expect Orlando to have a very rough night. Boston by 10+.

But somehow I doubt we'll see Garnett doing his tough-guy routine on Howard...

DPG21920
01-22-2009, 12:21 PM
I hope Howard does this to KG when he tries to act tough:

2Tt9P2qWfWg

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Boston is on a role courtesy of the Suns they'll breeze through tonight they'll probably get this win streak to around 12 during which no other team will come close. They still have serious issues.

z0sa
01-22-2009, 12:53 PM
Boston's main problem is no Posey..

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Boston's main problem is no Posey..

No PJ Brown is also a big deal. They'll miss him in the playoffs when there's a series Perkins forgot he was playing in.

The_Game
01-22-2009, 12:58 PM
dwight is going to destroy boston tonight, no perkins? oh dear....magic should win by 5-10 points. They are simply the better team right now.

Lakers_55
01-22-2009, 01:36 PM
You can make a case for both sides here, both teams are hot.

Boston has shook its funk. They beat Orlando in Boston earlier, a win here is a psychological edge. Orlando needs this game to show they can compete with the elite. Boston is playing a back-to-back. Both teams will head for another slump soon.

How about a double overtime thriller with 5 lead changes in the last minute and 3 in the last 10 seconds? Game winner at the buzzer by.........

scanry
01-22-2009, 02:04 PM
Tonight Orlando Magic face thte Boston Celtics on TNT, who do you think will win tonight?

I think the Magic will come out with this one, Nelson has been playing fantastic, i expect him to put on a show. Orlando 98-boston 84

Expect..

Jameer to school Rondo.
& Howard to destroy Chest pound.

urunobili
01-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Orlando wins on yet another buzzer beater by Turkoglu

Ghazi
01-22-2009, 02:58 PM
You can make a case for both sides here, both teams are hot.

Boston has shook its funk. They beat Orlando in Boston earlier, a win here is a psychological edge. Orlando needs this game to show they can compete with the elite. Boston is playing a back-to-back. Both teams will head for another slump soon.

How about a double overtime thriller with 5 lead changes in the last minute and 3 in the last 10 seconds? Game winner at the buzzer by.........

Orlando doesn't "need this game" to show they can compete with the elite anymore than Boston does. They already swept the Lakers and Spurs, that's enough evidence for me that they can compete w/ the elite, and ARE elite themselves.

mogrovejo
01-22-2009, 03:27 PM
I'd go with Orlando.

1 - Basically the only thing Boston is doing worse than last season is defending the 3. Their opponent 3pt% has risen from 30% to 35%. There are reasons for this, and they'll step up, but not yet.

2 - Boston lacks depth at the wings and at the 5 and is highly affected by injuries at those positions. Perkins played yesterday but he's very rusty and he'd be needed to contain Howard; Tony Allen is out - the backup wings for Boston are Gabe Pruitt and Brian Scalabrine. Scal has been playing 30 mpg in the last 5 games. I like Scal, he's better than people think he is, but he's a solid 10th man, not a 6th man.

3 - Boston will probably turnover the ball like crazy, comme d'habitude.

We beat Orlando in the 1st game but they didn't have Nelson and Bogans for that match, so I wouldn't read too much on it. I prefer Boston in a 7 games series (because points 1 and 3 don't scare me for the play-offs and Orlando will be severely outrebounded), but tonight I like Magic chances.

Thunder Dan
01-22-2009, 03:29 PM
Rondo breaks his leg and never plays another NBA game- how is that for a prediction

Killakobe81
01-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Orlando wins on yet another buzzer beater by Turkoglu

Best predistion so far ...what i originally thought as well.
Some factors to consider ...
Boston played last night ...but they did not have to play all 4 quarters hard since they blew out Miami
Orlando has had 3 days rest and maybe rusty and also they are coming off a west-coast trip ...
Howard is a beast and should dominate the paint ...however Celts make it tough to get the ball inside ...
Can Orlando keep up the 3pt pace they have killed the Lakers, spurs and Nugz with 3's ...
Will Boston try to send a message?

I'll stick with Hedu late ...BUT dont think this game means as much with the back2back ...

mogrovejo
01-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Rondo breaks his leg and never plays another NBA game- how is that for a prediction

Idiotic and tasteless.

z0sa
01-22-2009, 03:39 PM

considering they'd play someone who can shoot most likely in his place, that probably wouldnt help your team much (havent seen a cavs boston game since game 7 mind you)

Thunder Dan
01-22-2009, 03:40 PM
Idiotic and tasteless.

whaaah someone wants my douche bag point guard to break his leg whaaa

http://cornerstork.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/crying_baby.jpg

if you want classless you should have read what I wrote about him earlier this week

Thunder Dan
01-22-2009, 03:43 PM
considering they'd play someone who can shoot most likely in his place, that probably wouldnt help your team much (havent seen a cavs boston game since game 7 mind you)

I'm not wishing he breaks his leg because he scares me- if anything he is the reason the Cavs can beat the Celtics. If I were wishing this to help the Cavs I would wish it on Paul Peirce or Garnett. But the fact is that Rondo is a douche bag, and I hate him. Garnett and Peirce actually deserve respect because they have game- Rondo is just a poser

mogrovejo
01-22-2009, 04:02 PM
whaaah someone wants my douche bag point guard to break his leg whaaa
if you want classless you should have read what I wrote about him earlier this week

I didn't say it was classless. Learn to read.

I understand you're very emotionally invested with NBA players. That's too gay for my taste, they're just basketball players.

Thunder Dan
01-22-2009, 04:05 PM
I didn't say it was classless. Learn to read.

I understand you're very emotionally invested with NBA players. That's too gay for my taste, they're just basketball players.

sorry, tasteless.Rondo is a free loader and the Celtics PA announcer says Rondo's name so annoyingly (if thats a word) that it's to no surprise other NBA fans want him to break his leg

Reck
01-22-2009, 05:45 PM
I hope the days off didn't rust Orlando abit.

Still I'll put my money on the Magic tonight.

tomtom
01-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Orlando by 10

z0sa
01-22-2009, 07:19 PM
No PJ Brown is also a big deal. They'll miss him in the playoffs when there's a series Perkins forgot he was playing in.

Isn't PJ retired? He contributed to their ship last season, but he's a replaceable cog. Posey's defense and timely shooting will be far more missed.

layupdrill
01-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Orlando wins the game tonight, but Boston is still the favorite come playoff time.

Armando
01-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Magic at the buzzer

Thunder Dan
01-23-2009, 11:01 AM
Are you crazy?

Looks like I wasnt that far off.

See 2 things 1) Boston and Cleveland defend the 3, so if you are going to depend on it you are going to have to hit some tough shots, 2) Orlando has been sitting around doing interviews about how great they were

DrHouse
01-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Looks like I wasnt that far off.

See 2 things 1) Boston and Cleveland defend the 3, so if you are going to depend on it you are going to have to hit some tough shots, 2) Orlando has been sitting around doing interviews about how great they were

Well we just saw what happens to ORL when their shots aren't falling. Their brand of basketball simply won't work for the duration of the playoffs. They are going to go through stretches where the shots don't fall and they really don't have a good 2nd option offensively to sustain them.

MarHill
01-23-2009, 11:07 AM
Well we just saw what happens to ORL when their shots aren't falling. Their brand of basketball simply won't work for the duration of the playoffs. They are going to go through stretches where the shots don't fall and they really don't have a good 2nd option offensively to sustain them.

I agree with that!

If you live by 3, you can die by 3!

Boston defended their 3 point shooters well last night.

Thunder Dan
01-23-2009, 11:11 AM

We found that out last year when they played the Pistons

If you defend the 3 they have trouble knocking it down. Denver and LA don't guard the 3 as well as Boston and Cleveland do

LnGrrrR
01-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Orlando LOSES by 10

Fixed.