PDA

View Full Version : The Playmaker gets his own reality show...

degenerate_gambler
01-22-2009, 10:34 AM
http://www.nbcdfw.com/sports/football/cowboys/Michael-Irvin-Gets-Reailty-Show.html

Michael Irvin Gets Reality ShowSpike TV buys into show featuring Cowboys Hall of Famer
Updated 5:45 PM CST, Wed, Jan 21, 2009

Former Cowboys star Michael Irvin will host a new reality show for Spike TV this spring.

NFL Hall of Famer and former Dallas Cowboys star Michael Irvin is launching a reality television show on Spike TV.

The show, which is untitled, will feature twelve amateurs who will move to Dallas and compete against one another to earn a shot at a spot in Dallas Cowboys training camp next summer and potentially a spot on the team.

The first show is expected to premiere sometime this spring and will feature Irvin as on-air talent.

The twelve contestants, including six wide receivers and six defensive backs, will be broken into two teams, overseen by notable former Cowboys coaches and players. Guest judges will appear along the way including other former players, coaches, media personalities and Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.

"This is a groundbreaking opportunity for football players and football fans," said Irvin. "The unique element is that these men will actually be competing for a training camp roster spot in an NFL camp. There is so much great undiscovered football talent out there, guys that may have missed their shot for one reason or another. This is about hope and a shot at greatness," furthered Irvin.

atta boy Jerry....

it's not like the Cowboys have any pressing issues to address this offseason anyway...

DBryant88
01-22-2009, 10:37 AM
that fucking figures

more shit that in course involves the dallas cowboys

i wish i had a gun sometimes

mexicanjunior
01-22-2009, 10:41 AM
I guess this will be our substitute for not having Hard Knocks next year...

Trainwreck2100
01-22-2009, 01:03 PM
Damn, I thought this would be a reality show about Michael Irvin, Coke+whores=ratings gold

BlackSwordsMan
01-22-2009, 11:10 PM
maybe they will find a new coach in the show

samikeyp
01-23-2009, 07:12 AM
Would it kill anyone at Valley Ranch to actually concentrate on football?

:bang

Obstructed_View
01-23-2009, 12:31 PM
Cowboys fans should boycott the opening game in the new stadium next year just to send Jerry a message. They don't have the fucking balls to do it though.

A Michael Irvin reality show should be as exciting as his radio show. Fortunately I'm already conditioned to reach for the dial the second I hear his voice.

MajorMike
01-23-2009, 02:02 PM
Next he is going to have a reality tv series on BET where they run around with live cameras chasing pros and crack dealers, then getting neither and settling for joy rides in someone else's car smoking pot.