PDA

View Full Version : Would you do this trade?

DAF86
01-22-2009, 11:12 AM
I know this has no chance in hell of happening, but I'm bored and with nothing else to do.

I just want to know if Spurs fans will go for this trade?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=83~1721~2805~1703&teams=26~26~26~24&te=&cash=

Just for the record, I wouldn't go for that.

Shastafarian
01-22-2009, 11:16 AM
Would you do this trade?

I know this has no chance in hell of happening, but I'm bored and with nothing else to do.

I just want to know if Spurs fans will go for this trade?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=83~1721~2805~1703&teams=26~26~26~24&te=&cash=

Just for the record, I wouldn't go for that.

This thread is confusing. Why is it here exactly?

DAF86
01-22-2009, 11:27 AM
This thread is confusing. Why is it here exactly?

Is it bad written? (seriously, i get confuse witht the will, would, etc. some times)

If you're asking 'cause is pointless, I just said that I was bored, and wanted something to do. Besides I want to know how many Spurs fans will give away a new fan's favorite (Mason), an old and loved spur (Bowen) and Oberto for an injured borderline all-start.

Shastafarian
01-22-2009, 11:31 AM
Is it bad written? (seriously, i get confuse witht the will, would, etc. some times)

If you're asking 'cause is pointless, I just said that I was bored, and wanted something to do. Besides I want to know how many Spurs fans will give away a new fan's favorite (Mason), an old and loved spur (Bowen) and Oberto for an injured borderline all-start.

It's not that it's pointless. It's just it doesn't make sense. You're asking us if we would agree to a trade that would never happen when you yourself wouldn't do it. Ok I guess it is because it's pointless. I guess what I'm wondering what kind of argument you can get into.
"Yeah I would do this trade."
"You're an idiot for wanting to trade mason!"
"The OP himself said this wouldn't happen and boozer is better than mason." etc.

dougp
01-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Sign Croschere to a contract that will help us trade for Boozer - no way would I get rid of Mason. Try to work Udoka into that trade instead of Bowen though.

DAF86
01-22-2009, 11:41 AM
It's not that it's pointless. It's just it doesn't make sense. You're asking us if we would agree to a trade that would never happen when you yourself wouldn't do it. Ok I guess it is because it's pointless. I guess what I'm wondering what kind of argument you can get into.
"Yeah I would do this trade."
"You're an idiot for wanting to trade mason!"
"The OP himself said this wouldn't happen and boozer is better than mason." etc.

I'm not looking for any kind of argument, I just want to know which fans will go for this and and which won't.

P/S: I said this trade has no chance in hell of happening 'cause I don't think the Spurs will do it. But I think that for Utah is a somewhat reasonable trade. They want to get rid of Boozer and their biggest weakness is the lack of good long range shooters: Mason and Bowen. (Oberto is just there to replace the bigman spot and to make the salaries match)

Shastafarian
01-22-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm not looking for any kind of argument, I just want to know which fans will go for this and and which won't.

P/S: I said this trade has no chance in hell of happening 'cause I don't think the Spurs will do it. But I think that for Utah is a somewhat reasonable trade. They want to get rid of Boozer and their biggest weakness is the lack of good long range shooters: Mason and Bowen. (Oberto is just there to replace the bigman spot and to make the salaries match)

They do?!?!?!?!?

DAF86
01-22-2009, 11:50 AM
They do?!?!?!?!?

I think so, they want to develop Millsap.

z0sa
01-22-2009, 11:57 AM
should've put this in my thread ..

DAF86
01-22-2009, 11:58 AM
should've put this in my thread ..

Which thread?

z0sa
01-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Which thread?

The poll thread ... rather than make new threads about every trade that comes to mind. Only reason I pointed it out here was because the OP wouldn't even do his own trade :wakeup

oh wait, you're the OP. well read above. Or maybe a mod could merge all our threads into one big trade thread or a couple.

DAF86
01-22-2009, 12:07 PM
The poll thread ... rather than make new threads about every trade that comes to mind. Only reason I pointed it out here was because the OP wouldn't even do his own trade :wakeup

oh wait, you're the OP. well read above. Or maybe a mod could merge all our threads into one big trade thread or a couple.

I have no problem with that.

z0sa
01-22-2009, 12:09 PM
I have no problem with that.

you have a problem with the rest?

DAF86
01-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Sign Croschere to a contract that will help us trade for Boozer - no way would I get rid of Mason. Try to work Udoka into that trade instead of Bowen though.

Bowen 4 mill - Udoka 1 mill. Impossible to make that work.

And if we don't offer Mason Utah will never do it.

I know that I said this is almost "unmakeable", but I still want to keep it a little bit realistic.

DAF86
01-22-2009, 12:12 PM
you have a problem with the rest?

Nop. But the creators of those other threads might.

benefactor
01-22-2009, 12:17 PM
I would say this is the dumbest trade idea ever, but I believe in the potential that resides within some of the posters here to come up with something dumber.

DAF86
01-22-2009, 12:24 PM
I would say this is the dumbest trade idea ever, but I believe in the potential that resides within some of the posters here to come up with something dumber.

Like I said, I wouldn't do it, specially for the creepy thought of Finley and Udoka as our only wings besides Manu. But the idea of having 4 all-stars in the same team isn't so dumb IMO.

z0sa
01-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Which is why everyone should post their trade ideas in one thread, at least to test them out with everyone first before they go with their own thread.

jdev82
01-22-2009, 12:25 PM
no.
have to keep bowen. he will continue to be effective defensivley and from the corner j as long as he plays. no way will we get rid of mason. and id rather have someone bigger if were gonna trade fab. we need a center like jermaine oneal or someone defensive minded and big or an athletic small forward

benefactor
01-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Like I said, I wouldn't do it, specially for the creepy thought of Finley and Udoka as our only wings besides Manu. But the idea of having 4 all-stars in the same team isn't so dumb IMO.
It's dumb to even consider Boozer. He is a overrated primadonna and a horrible defender. I wouldn't trade Bonner straight up for him.

rascal
01-22-2009, 12:39 PM

A bad trade for Utah. Bowen is nearly washed up and Oberto is not any more than a bench quality player not worthy of getting minutes.

So its basically Mason for Boozer. Boozer is a borderline all star talent. His big problem is staying healthy but he would be more of an impact player than Mason would.

rascal
01-22-2009, 12:41 PM
It's dumb to even consider Boozer. He is a overrated primadonna and a horrible defender. I wouldn't trade Bonner straight up for him.

Your a fool if you think Bonner is better than Boozer.

benefactor
01-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Your a fool if you think Bonner is better than Boozer.
Boozer is a cancer...Bonner is not. End of story.

rascal
01-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Boozer is a cancer...Bonner is not. End of story.

Cancer? Your a fool, end of story.

DAF86
01-22-2009, 12:45 PM

I kinda agree that he's a little bit overrated (he never got the kind of hype Bynum got last year though) but he's still a pretty good offensive player capable of going for 20 plus every game, and when players get to a contender, they stop fucking around. I bet Boozer would start playing defense (or at least giving some kind of effort on the DE) in a Spurs uniform.

DAF86
01-22-2009, 12:50 PM
A bad trade for Utah. Bowen is nearly washed up and Oberto is not any more than a bench quality player not worthy of getting minutes.

So its basically Mason for Boozer. Boozer is a borderline all star talent. His big problem is staying healthy but he would be more of an impact player than Mason would.

The thing is that if Utah doesn't trade Carlos this season the will get nothing in return for him. Mason instead of nothing is pretty good.

benefactor
01-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Cancer? Your a fool, end of story.
Am I? Let's look at Boozer.

No defense...check.
Injury prone...check.
Primadonna...check.
Disappeared in the playoffs last year...check.

The first time Pop got pissed at him(which would happen a lot for his defense) he would cry and sulk. He is already talking to the media about opting out of his contract...thinking that he is actually worth more.

But hey, lets trade are second best SG and our best perimeter defender for him and completely wreck the chemistry of our team and destroy our ability to defend the perimeter by bringing in Boozer.

It's stupid and you are stupid for agreeing. End of story.

mystargtr34
01-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Rebounding Boozer > Bonner
Scoring Boozer > Bonner
Passing Boozer > Bonner

mystargtr34
01-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Seriously, you cant honestly mean it when you say you would have Bonner instead of Boozer?

ohmwrecker
01-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Here's a better question. Why are you wasting my time with this fantasy nonsense?

mrspurs
01-23-2009, 09:34 AM
Fab is done, Roger wont be a Spur next year, and Bruce is retiring after the season. This would be the perfect trade. Not........

DAF86
01-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Here's a better question. Why are you wasting my time with this fantasy nonsense?

Why do you say this is such a fantasy? IMO the trade doesn't benefit the Spurs but if they offer this to Utah I think they will consider it, and unless they get something better from another team they'll do it. They want to get rid of Boozer and get something in return before he becomes a free agent.

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-23-2009, 09:44 AM
Fab is done, Roger wont be a Spur next year, and Bruce is retiring after the season. This would be the perfect trade. Not........

You already agreed to trade Mason? WTF Or maybe he'll use an option that he doesn't have to opt out next summer?

DAF86
01-23-2009, 09:44 AM

eh? Why do you think that?

benefactor
01-23-2009, 10:12 AM
Seriously, you cant honestly mean it when you say you would have Bonner instead of Boozer?
I do mean it...and it has nothing to do with ability. It has everything to do with Boozer being a bad fit...for reasons I have already stated.

It matters little because the trade idea was ridiculous and he will never play here anyway.