PDA

View Full Version : Amare Voted An All-Star Starter

Spurs Brazil
01-22-2009, 03:58 PM
Amare Stoudemire beat out Carmelo Anthony for the second forward spot alongside San Antonio's Tim Duncan and Houston's Yao Ming in the Western Conference frontcourt for the Feb. 15 game in Phoenix.

The official announcement of the All-Star starters will be at 5 tonight on TNT's pregame show.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/56746/20090122/amare_voted_an_all_star_starter/

byrdman31
01-22-2009, 04:22 PM
gay

easy7
01-22-2009, 04:37 PM
Not the- clutch, can carry myself and the team by playing Gorilla style basketball and rise up when it counts the most against the better teams who scored 3 points and had 1 rebound in 30 minutes against Boston Amare... Good Lord.

Manufan909
01-22-2009, 05:10 PM
How many shots did he take in that game??? Amaer truly sucks, even a gimpy Manu can score more in the WCF in every game he played, even on one leg.

z0sa
01-22-2009, 05:12 PM
whoever voted that bitch in did just what Stern wanted them to .. good job not knowing shit about basketball and only caring about dunks.

dmac
01-22-2009, 05:17 PM
whoever voted that bitch in did just what Stern wanted them to .. good job not knowing shit about basketball and only caring about dunks.

i like dunks!!

:downspin::downspin:

easy7
01-22-2009, 05:36 PM
How many shots did he take in that game??? Amaer truly sucks, even a gimpy Manu can score more in the WCF in every game he played, even on one leg.
He went 0 for 7

baseline bum
01-22-2009, 05:48 PM

Huh? Amare's got a hell of a mid-range jumper too, and is a pretty creative finisher for his size.

z0sa
01-22-2009, 05:56 PM
Huh? Amare's got a hell of a mid-range jumper too, and is a pretty creative finisher for his size.

No one doubts the man's abilities on offense - too bad he's the League's biggest underachiever on the other end and has horrible attitude problems, but Stern thanks you for voting. Those flashy finishes are just full of substance.

Let me just throw this in - the guy is clearly jealous of the Diesel.

YoMamaIsCallin
01-22-2009, 11:08 PM
Amare Stoudemire is a team killer. He'll get his stats and all-star nominations, but his team will never, ever win.

He has no desire to play defense on his man, he only wants to come flying in for off-the-ball spectacular blocks. He has no desire to rebound. And he does not know how to win, he just wants to bitch, cry, and posture.

The Spurs have shown how to own him in multiple playoff series now. Everyone knows.

alamo50
01-23-2009, 06:13 AM
Unbelievable.......

samikeyp
01-23-2009, 07:16 AM
Amare Stoudemire is a team killer. He'll get his stats and all-star nominations, but his team will never, ever win.

*ding*ding* winner!

mrspurs
01-23-2009, 09:27 AM
Amare next to Timmy and the Championship goes through San Antonio again. Not to kindly on Amare's ways. Hes still a young kid with alot of cash. But his skills on the court even underdeveloped, are incredible.

EricB
01-23-2009, 09:55 AM
Its a meaningless all star game.

Hes had a better year and played in more games than 'Melo.

Its not like Melo got snubbed for Yi Jianlian or somethin.

mogrovejo
01-23-2009, 10:05 AM
Amare is being annoying. He doesn't even try to defend. He doesn't move on the offense except to run screens and to score once he gets the ball. He doesn't box out. He doens't run the floor back to the defensive half-court. Very improper behaviour, he may not like Porter but he's not being a pro.

That said, it's the ASG. It's not supposed to be for the bests, rather for the most populars. It's not a meritocracy. Why do people act like Amare or whoever else (Yi, if he was voted) had been nominated to the All-NBA teams?

Rummpd
01-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Fits for a no defense game.

timvp
01-23-2009, 10:33 AM
You guys need to stop being haters. Amare earned his spot fair and square. I mean, how could you not let him in after this game:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=290119002

igruex
01-23-2009, 05:10 PM
You guys need to stop being haters. Amare earned his spot fair and square. I mean, how could you not let him in after this game:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=290119002

It requires a beast to put together those numbers. He really is an amazing player.

:rollin

Admidave50
01-23-2009, 07:37 PM
oh my, i've missed this boxscore!! so funny haha

DespЏrado
01-23-2009, 08:12 PM
That stat line would get you killed by a knicks fan.
in 30 minutes 1 rebound and 4 TOs. I haven't seen a line like that since Samaki Walker.

Rogue
01-23-2009, 11:17 PM
I guess Shaq is gonna start in place of yao who is down again and not expected to come back.

amare is a good player, at least he is not like yao which is just a sh!t. but I'm afraid amare just deserves the 3rd place at forward 'cause there are TD and dirk out there in front of him, though he is far better than melo.

HarlemHeat37
01-23-2009, 11:27 PM
not like Yao? first of all, Yao is better than Stoudemire, since he actually plays on both sides of the floor..

second of all, at least Yao is a class act, and gives 100% effort on the floor..

I've always said Stoudemire is overrated, and I've always said he's a classless piece of shit..he clearly is..he's one of the worst defensive players I've ever seen, he's a 1-D offensive player, he's a horrible leader..