PDA

View Full Version : Ever wonder why the Jazz are so tough at home?

Thunder Dan
01-22-2009, 04:38 PM
The reason is because they do not play on Sundays.

Since the NBA controls the Thursday games, and because of Utah's geographical location, the Jazz get most Eastern Conference teams on Saturdays as they are finishing up a West coast trip. Most West coast trips end on weekends, and since Utah doesn't play on Sundays, they catch these teams off of back to backs on their last games of trips.

manufor3
01-22-2009, 04:39 PM
huh.. never knew that

Thunder Dan
01-22-2009, 04:46 PM
huh.. never knew that

neither did I. I was listening to the radio here and the Cavs beat writer was talking about how the Cavs play there Sunday night on a back to back to finish up the trip and he was explaining that it's a tough game, but it's nothing new. It's how the Jazz have a great home record every year. He was saying how the final game of a road trip is normally a tough one because of the anticipation of going home, but it's tough because East teams always finish in Denver or Utah and they have to play the Jazz on a Saturday after they played on a Friday. It all made sense. It might explain why they are 17-4 at home and 8-14 on the road this year,

Ginobilly
01-22-2009, 05:03 PM
neither did I. I was listening to the radio here and the Cavs beat writer was talking about how the Cavs play there Sunday night on a back to back to finish up the trip and he was explaining that it's a tough game, but it's nothing new. It's how the Jazz have a great home record every year. He was saying how the final game of a road trip is normally a tough one because of the anticipation of going home, but it's tough because East teams always finish in Denver or Utah and they have to play the Jazz on a Saturday after they played on a Friday. It all made sense. It might explain why they are 17-4 at home and 8-14 on the road this year,

You can also throw in the Altitude of Salt Lake and Denver.

z0sa
01-22-2009, 05:06 PM
You can also throw in the Altitude of Salt Lake and Denver.

and the basketballs having more air in them thanks to that layup driven offense of theirs (UTA)

Thunder Dan
01-22-2009, 05:17 PM
I hate the Jazz. It's a boring team full of a bunch of white guys, and their colors are terrible. Even the best players in their history were boring--John Stockton and Karl Malone? common, I'd fall asleep by halftime watching that

scanry
01-22-2009, 05:44 PM
I hate the Jazz. It's a boring team full of a bunch of white guys, and their colors are terrible. Even the best players in their history were boring--John Stockton and Karl Malone? common, I'd fall asleep by halftime watching that

Cleveland was a lot worse before Lebron came along.

Ever remember how lame your jersey's were in 1980's & 1990's. (BTW Cleveland had the same color jersey's as the Jazz). :lol

Even with Lebron onboard, not many people find the Cavs fun to watch. :wow

baseline bum
01-22-2009, 05:45 PM

I gotta be the only person in the world who thought Stockton and Malone was a pretty exciting duo to watch (even though I fucking hated them).

djohn2oo8
01-22-2009, 06:00 PM
Because the refs let them get away with murder

IronMexican
01-22-2009, 06:12 PM
:cry

dirk4mvp
01-22-2009, 06:33 PM
I wonder how many famous Jazz musicians are from Utah.

z0sa
01-22-2009, 06:37 PM

I have always wondered why they'd leave the Jazz name after moving from NO. It's so bad ... man its just horrible. The Jazz name has got to be the worst in the NBA in terms of the team name's relation to the city and its people.

Although, taking a minute to really think, a few team names are pretty bad .. isn't California devoid of lakes? There's another that should've been changed, but "Lakers" just seems like a cooler word than Jazz..

IronMexican
01-22-2009, 06:39 PM

How many Raptors do you see in Toronto?

dirk4mvp
01-22-2009, 06:41 PM
How many Raptors do you see in Toronto?

More than Jazz musicians in dead ass Utah.

BUMP
01-22-2009, 07:02 PM
how many kings do you see in Sacramento?
how come there arent any grizzlies in Memphis?
i dont think there are any wizards in Washington

JamStone
01-22-2009, 07:07 PM
Los Angeles Sunset Hookers.

Los Angeles Up-and-coming-actors-but-for-right-now-waiting-tables.

Los Angeles Mexicans.

Los Angeles Implants.

Utah White Skins.

Utah Salt.

Utah Osmonds.

Utah Plurals.

JamStone
01-22-2009, 07:07 PM
How many heats are there in Miami?
How many magics in Orlando?

IronMexican
01-22-2009, 07:08 PM
I don't see many girls with implants out here. Maybe in North LA or that area.

z0sa
01-22-2009, 07:14 PM
How many heats are there in Miami?
How many magics in Orlando?

Heat and Magic are better than wizards or jazz, and better than ANY animal name for a team. Who the fuck created this obsession with naming sports teams after animals?

I mean, think about it ...

Cavaliers
SuperSonics when they were around
Rockets
hell even Spurs

all way better names than "Bobcats" or "Grizzlies." Those names are so devoid of life.

Thunder Dan
01-22-2009, 07:14 PM
I don't know how a Cavalier represents Cleveland at all.....then again all our names don't make sense

Thunder Dan
01-22-2009, 07:16 PM
people in Utah don't even like music, hasn't anyone every seen Footloose?

mogrovejo
01-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Why are the Jazz boring to wach? They're generally the better and more entertaining offense in the league.

Are they only tough at home versus Eastern teams or is their record versus the West also good?

Bob Lanier
01-22-2009, 07:25 PM
No; I know why. It's because they CHEAT.

YellowFever
01-22-2009, 07:50 PM

Since the NBA controls the Thursday games, and because of Utah's geographical location, the Jazz get most Eastern Conference teams on Saturdays as they are finishing up a West coast trip. Most West coast trips end on weekends, and since Utah doesn't play on Sundays, they catch these teams off of back to backs on their last games of trips.

????

ploto
01-22-2009, 08:11 PM
This season Utah only has 4 Saturday night home games against Eastern Teams and so far they are 1-2 in them.

11/29 Nets-- Utah Lost
12/13 Orlando-- Utah Lost
1/10 Detroit-- Utah Won
1/24 Cleveland

timvp
01-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Utah also has the softest backboards in the league ... which is why you see a lot of missed layups in SLC by the road team.

Although it backfires against the Spurs because it makes Duncan's bank shot easier :smokin

m33p0
01-22-2009, 08:37 PM
conspiracy theorists unite!

JoeTait75
01-22-2009, 09:28 PM
Ever remember how lame your jersey's were in 1980's & 1990's. (BTW Cleveland had the same color jersey's as the Jazz). :lol

Please. Our '90s uniforms were dope. Just look at that paint-splotch motif. That's cutting-edge.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/255956.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934A2752006EF5F0ED11F5FE97F5D2FFFC 284831B75F48EF45

Meanwhile, the '90s Jazz looked like Busch Light cans. Lame.

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/nhl/2002/0429/photo/stockton.jpg

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/19625/busch.JPG

Indazone
01-22-2009, 11:27 PM
http://jeffisgod.com/images/utah_jazz_white_mormon_fans.jpg

Trainwreck2100
01-22-2009, 11:35 PM
I hate the Jazz. It's a boring team full of a bunch of white guys, and their colors are terrible.

Well if they weren't terrible maybe they wouldn't need so many white guys

NBA Junkie
01-22-2009, 11:49 PM

Actually, it's because Mormons view Sunday as a day for doing gods work and don't view work or recreation as being something that should be done on a Sunday. I'm sure the league does it out of respect due to their religious beliefs.

The only time you'll see the Jazz play a home game on a Sunday is during the NBA Playoffs.

Roxsfan
01-23-2009, 12:10 AM
fuck the jizz.

Biggems
01-23-2009, 01:02 AM
the altitude, the salty air, the mormons sitting hand in hand with the klan (neither of them like black folk all that much).....its kind of tough to focus when everyone in the front row, as well as their 5 wives are carrying nooses.

plus, when things are going against them, they simply turn out the arena lights to kill the road team's momentum....just like they did against the Spurs.

polandprzem
01-23-2009, 02:00 AM
Utah also has the softest backboards in the league ... which is why you see a lot of missed layups in SLC by the road team.

Although it backfires against the Spurs because it makes Duncan's bank shot easier :smokin

They do also pump their basketballsmore then others teams do. The bounce is different

manufor3
01-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Utah White Skins.

:lol:lol

HANNIBAL SMITH
01-23-2009, 05:08 PM
They're tough at home because or their rabid ass fans and that they literally get away with everything, over the backs,travels, hacks, hold and etc. Quite the opposite when they play on the road, they're not too dominant when they cant break every rule on the book. Only Boston gets away with more on both sides of the Ball than the Jazz playing in Utah. The thing with the celts tho, they get away with that in Boston and on the Road,the only team in the NBA that has home court advantage when they're Home or Away. :lol :wtf