PDA

View Full Version : FYI...Hendu's Back (Back Again...)

adrienne
03-01-2005, 10:16 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nba&id=2002794

Well, at least they'll have someone other that Bradley until Damp's back, right?

P.S. I am very grateful to your Spurs for beating Houston. I am sick of hearing about them. That is all.:)

Kori Ellis
03-01-2005, 10:18 PM
Well that's good for you guys, Adrienne. At least he can help out up front.

I heard the NBA might be looking a little more closely at situations like this (where a player is traded, waived and then re-signed by the original team). I think they are trying to stop the wink-wink deals.

ChumpDumper
03-01-2005, 10:18 PM
Glad to see him playing well after so many injuries. I don't know what they could do about a deal like this; there was absolutely no way anyone would pick Hendu off waivers, and after that he's merely a free agent. This kind of deal is simply playing probabilities and nothing in writing would have to exist. No paper trail like Joe Smith, especially given the small dollar amounts involved.

adrienne
03-01-2005, 10:19 PM
Yeah, no matter what team he played for, it's always good to see a guy like that be able to make something of himself. He actually has been able to contribute this season.

Kori Ellis
03-01-2005, 10:22 PM
Speaking of guys who got waived, I know Dale Davis is going to the Pacers. But Glenn Robinson got waived too -- is he actually injured? Or is another team going to pick him up (not that the Spurs should!)?

exstatic
03-01-2005, 10:29 PM
But Glenn Robinson got waived too -- is he actually injured?
I thought he was just pouting. Didn't he lose his starting gig, and go in the IR shortly after that?

FromWayDowntown
03-02-2005, 12:50 PM
Well that's good for you guys, Adrienne. At least he can help out up front.

I heard the NBA might be looking a little more closely at situations like this (where a player is traded, waived and then re-signed by the original team). I think they are trying to stop the wink-wink deals.

I think the league has to look at that. It's a way to circumvent the cap and to avoid the restrictions on trading a player away and then trading to get him back in the same season. If a team trades a player, it should be precluded from picking him up for the remainder of that season.