PDA

View Full Version : Intern Needed - Sports Related

PeterBurns
01-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Looking for an intern for my show here at the Ticket 760. Must be able to get college credit in order to meet Clear Channel Radio Intern Rules.

Many Perks of the Job...
1) Waking up Way too Early, and not getting paid to do so.
2) Getting Yelled At when you don't screen a call and put an idiot caller on air....and not getting paid to do so.
3) Having to put up with my cohost's riveting stories. Today it was about an injury he sustained while playing Tetherball....and not getting paid to do so.
4) Starbucks and Taco Cabana Runs that you may or may not be reimbursed for....and not getting paid to do so
5) Have a cool pick-up line that says you are in sports radio...which trust me...works about .000% of the time....and not getting paid to do so.
6) Running the risk of the Mix 96.1 producers coming in hammered and plowing into your car in the parking lot....and not getting paid to do so.
7) 1 Ticket to a future WNBA game.

If this intrigues you, shoot us an email at [email protected]

Bonus points if you can spell, have 2 opposable (functional) thumbs, and never been convicted of anything more than a B Class Felony.

Yahtzee.

I. Hustle
01-23-2009, 10:45 AM
I wasn't really sure about it until this part.

7) 1 Ticket to a future WNBA game.

That puts the cherry on top and makes it worthwhile.

CubanMustGo
01-23-2009, 10:47 AM
So what does it pay??

j/k

easy7
01-23-2009, 10:51 AM
I bet that 1 ticket to a future WNBA game will overload your mail box. A "must be able to be a good loser at rushambo" would have sweeten the pot even more, after all, the intern has to be used to being kicked in the balls on a daily basis.

PeterBurns
01-23-2009, 10:52 AM
I would like Timvp to enroll in a community college class, just so he could do it, so I can actually sound coherent when talking about the Spurs.

I can already picture it...I go on a Spurs take, and he just walks into the room and writes down the actual good take, and doesn't say a word.

Typical Timvp style

PeterBurns
01-23-2009, 10:56 AM
I bet that 1 ticket to a future WNBA game will overload your mail box. A "must be able to be a good loser at rushambo" would have sweeten the pot even more, after all, the intern has to be used to being kick in the balls on a daily baisi.

Yeah...we had to talk about it. We figured either a WNBA ticket or a Rampage ticket. Heated debate actually. But we both pitched in a bought a ticket for the WNBA game. Andy had a coupon.

We'll have to 1099 the intern for the price of the ticket, but I think well worth it.

I Love Me Some Me
01-23-2009, 10:58 AM
Sign me up.

Sincerely,
Jeff Vexler

DANILO DRASKOVIC
01-23-2009, 12:14 PM
I could use a job.

signed,
Jackie Butler

YODA
01-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Yoda would have been interested if he hadnt already graduated from college...boooo

angel_luv
01-23-2009, 01:44 PM
That sounds like a fun opportunity- although there is no way I the unpaid intern would buy you guys lunch.

urunobili
01-23-2009, 02:12 PM
is relocation help and immigration help a possible benefit? :lol

stxspurs
01-23-2009, 03:12 PM
pick me pick me...come on pete...hook me up
thanks,
Wally P. (go jets)

ORION
01-23-2009, 03:47 PM
I'll do it

buttsR4rebounding
01-23-2009, 03:57 PM
That's more than I'm making now.

Walter Pasecreda

GSH
01-24-2009, 12:11 AM
Well, this job looks like a lock to move ahead of "crack whore" to take over the #2 position on our list of the worst jobs. But it's still not quite bad enough to take over the #1 position from "assistant crack whore". If you could include the possibility of being stuck in the job for years, you might have a contender.

Chris Bell
01-24-2009, 12:17 AM
I'm lookin' for things to do these days.

AlamoSpursFan
01-24-2009, 12:19 AM
How is this thread 16 posts in without one Monica Lewinski referrence?

Sincerely,
Slick Willie