PDA

View Full Version : Gibbs bothered by questionable Monday night calls

Jimcs50
09-29-2004, 12:18 AM
Gibbs bothered by questionable Monday night calls
Story Tools: Print Email
Joseph White / Associated Press
Posted: 3 hours ago

ASHBURN, Va. (AP) - Apparently even a Hall of Fame coach doesn't get a break from the officials.

Washington Redskins coach Joe Gibbs on Tuesday reviewed the tape of the previous night's loss to the Dallas Cowboys and determined he was on the wrong side of "two awful calls."
"I don't get focused on that stuff. It doesn't do any good to talk about it," Gibbs said. "But I'll tell you this - you couldn't get anything farther from what should have been called in both cases. Both of them were touchdowns; both of them go against us."

Disputable calls that went both ways played a significant part in Dallas' 21-18 victory.

"You're frustrated. You're mad, and realize that in close games you need to have those things called correctly," Gibbs said. "I've been in it long enough to know that just doesn't happen sometimes, too. They miss a lot of stuff."

Gibbs was particularly unhappy with a first-quarter pass interference call on Walt Harris, who was grabbed first by Dallas receiver Terry Glenn. The 40-yard penalty gave Dallas the ball on the 1-yard line, and the Cowboys scored on the next play.

Then, in the fourth quarter, with Washington trailing 21-10, Rod Gardner just missed chasing down a long pass in the end zone with defensive back Terence Newman trailing.

That play was worth Gibbs' blow-by-blow review.

"The DB is at his back, not looking at all backward toward the passer," Gibbs said. "He's just looking at Rod. When he goes into the end zone he took his arm and he comes down and hooks Rod's arm and pulls it down before the ball got there."

Gibbs said both plays have been sent to the NFL office for review, the usual procedure for any calls that are questionable.

Gibbs didn't mention another call that went against the Redskins, a muffed punt jarred loose by Mike Sellers. The play was ruled down by contact.

:flipoff

Johnny Blaze 47
09-29-2004, 12:20 AM
How was the down-by-contact punt fumble questionable? He was touched on the ground with the ball in his possession.

Did Gibbs say anything about the time? Like sands through the hour glass, these are the Days of Our Redskins.

Jimcs50
09-29-2004, 12:24 AM
He did not complain about the punt fumble, but he noticed the same thing me and everyone else did on those HORRIBLE calls in the endzone. I hope the league fines those refs 100k for costing the Redskins the game, that 100k might put a dent in what they had collected from Jerry Jones prior to the game.

Johnny Blaze 47
09-29-2004, 12:30 AM
Gibbs didn't mention another call that went against the Redskins, a muffed punt jarred loose by Mike Sellers. The play was ruled down by contact.

I was referring to the article, not Gibbs.

Would you like some cheese with that whine, Oliver Stone?

Jimcs50
09-29-2004, 12:33 AM
yes, some Gouda please.

Johnny Blaze 47
09-29-2004, 12:35 AM
http://www.meijer.com/cheese/images/gouda.jpg

ducks
09-29-2004, 12:38 AM
http://img84.exs.cx/img84/3315/ParcellsGibbs.jpg

Gibbs was ticked

by the way he has more class then billl
but he could have looked at bill when he shoke his hand. however he admited he was outcoached and said bill was a great coach

SequSpur
09-29-2004, 12:44 AM
?

What about having no time outs to stop the clock at the end of the game?

Gibbs is out of shape.

I hate the Cowboys, but damn, the whining is bullshit.

Jimcs50
09-29-2004, 12:48 AM
Sequ, you are the King of Whiners, you have no room to talk.

**** an A, Gibbs is pissed, those calls cost his team the win, that is not up for debate, everyone in the whole fucking free world knows it, and the League will acknowledge it, no doubt about it.

DuffMcCartney
09-29-2004, 12:52 AM
"I don't get focused on that stuff. It doesn't do any good to talk about it," Gibbs said.

They why are you talking about it you senile old bastard.

I don't give a **** what you say Jim...sure they were bad calls. But those bad calls didn't make the Redskins O Line give up five sacks, those bad calls didn't keep the Redskins from failing to put it in the endzone at the 1 yard line, and those calls didn't take away the Redskins 2 timeouts in the 3rd quarter. Period.

SequSpur
09-29-2004, 12:54 AM
Exactly ^ What he said.

Johnny Blaze 47
09-29-2004, 01:11 AM
It's blank, bitches.

Johnny Blaze 47
09-29-2004, 01:11 AM
:served

Talk about biting the hand that feeds...

SAmikeyp
09-29-2004, 02:09 AM
I thought Jim was done with this argument.

Ducks...how does Joe have more class than Bill? Bill has done nothing but praise Gibbs all week leading up to the game.

IcemanCometh
09-29-2004, 03:01 AM
Maybe Gibbs should go back to nascar, footballs clearly not his thing

TacoBeer
09-29-2004, 09:12 AM
Chicken shit move on Gibb's part

09-29-2004, 10:33 AM
Aaahhhhhh, I love the sound of whiny, bitter Redskin fan early in the morning.

Sounds like.....

Victory.

Hook Dem
09-29-2004, 10:54 AM
Gibbs will be "bothered" by a lot more losses this season!:lol

Jimcs50
09-29-2004, 10:57 AM
Aaahhhhhh, I love the sound of whiny, bitter Redskin fan early in the morning.

stick around, you ain't seen nothing yet.

bigzak25
09-29-2004, 11:00 AM
listen, just cuz bill wants a hug and a kiss doesn't mean he's gonna get it every time......he shook his hand, bottomline. some of you wanted an ass grab maybe?

ignorant young boy calls gibbs senile old man....the irony continues.

and while none of the calls are excuses for the redskins poor and erratic play on offense (at times), they are an excuse for giftwrapping 7 dallas points. when you win by 3, those seven points mean alot. But contenders overcome bad calls, which is why i couldn't care less about them, it's over, the score won't change...kudos. See you in December, when hopefully the game will mean a helluva lot more.

09-29-2004, 11:00 AM
Turnabout is fair play Jim.

I used to go to a few Cowboys games every year growing up and I got real tired of seeing Redskin fan walking through the lobby of the Anatole, hooting and hollering and then rubbing it in when Theisman, Riggins and crew beat the Cowboys.

Reap the whirlwind.

maxpower
09-29-2004, 11:29 AM
ignorant young boy calls gibbs senile old man....the irony continues. :wtf :wtf Sorry...no irony to see here...Move along.

BTW...No one wanted a smoochfest by Tuna and Gibbs but Gibbs conducted himself like a child who was told he had to shake someone's hand. He practically reached over to shake Parcell's hand without looking at him in the eyes. As soon as their hands touched, Gibbs was already doing a turnaround. Not the sign of a hall of fame coach....not even close....more like a sore loser. Take your loss, shake your opponent's hand, look him in the eye. This one game made me lose respect for Gibbs.

bigzak25
09-29-2004, 11:32 AM
i'm sure he's losing alot of sleep over it max.

SAmikeyp
09-29-2004, 11:39 AM
I think Gibbs made a mistake but its not like he has a pattern of this. He had just lost a big game to his team's biggest rival. He was frustrated and angry. With his track record of class, I think he deserves a pass on this.

maxpower
09-29-2004, 12:50 PM
You don't say, BigZak.

Heck, I doubt any here would lose sleep over what some other poster writes..much less an NFL HOF coach.

BTW...Water is wet.

Jimcs50
09-29-2004, 12:53 PM
There is no love loss betw these two...Gibbs did the obligatory handshake(a lot of coachs do not even do that)...Gibbs was pissed at the ass reeming he got from the refs, he was pissed at himself for not saving the timeout which would have tied the game, had he had it...give the man a break, for God's sake.

bigzak25
09-29-2004, 12:57 PM
You want a rivalry don't you?

i was pissed seeing all the players help the opposing teams players off the ground.....

should a "thankyou" card be sent as well?

it's football gotdamnit. HATED rivals. Get it?

SAmikeyp
09-29-2004, 01:03 PM
Jim...I gave the guy a break. I said he deserved one but you are too stupid and too busy acting like a disgruntled schoolgirl who got turned down for an autograph by her favorite member of her favorite boy band to notice the sportsmanship. For all your good points bro, your lack of sportsmanship and objectivity glows all too brightly.

I still think "hate" is too strong of a word to be used in sports. It is just a game.

i was pissed seeing all the players help the opposing teams players off the ground.....

this though, I agree with...handshakes are for after the game...not during.

Jimcs50
09-29-2004, 01:11 PM
Mikey, was I talking to you?????

SAmikeyp
09-29-2004, 01:14 PM
If you were not...you would have acknowledged my post agreeing with you.

Jimcs50
09-29-2004, 01:16 PM
Mikey, check out the posts that were talking about Gibbs' lack of sportsmanship and get back to me on that.:rolleyes

SAmikeyp
09-29-2004, 01:38 PM
Ok Jim...for you, I will t y p e s l o w l y...Not surprisingly Jim, you missed my point. I was defending Joe Gibbs. I disagreed with him being called unsportsmanlike. That was my original point and also my point to you. I didn't think Gibbs was being unsportsmanlike. Try and shake off the bias and realize not everyone is against you. :rolleyes

exstatic
09-29-2004, 01:40 PM
You don't need a quick cuddle "afterwards", Joe?
Nope. I'm good. Leave the money on the dresser.

SAmikeyp
09-29-2004, 01:45 PM
:lol

I don't blame Gibbs for being upset. He is always been an intense guy. Nothing wrong with that. I thought he should have given more of a handshake but he has too good of a track record in the game for something like that to be an issue. It's not like he pulled a Buddy Ryan.

Tommy Duncan
09-29-2004, 02:05 PM
:baby :baby :baby :baby

[/foreskins]

Jimcs50
09-29-2004, 02:25 PM
Mikey, I did not miss your point, I was not talking to YOU at all when I said to give Gibbs a break...

DO You Understand the words coming out of my mouth!!!???

exstatic
09-29-2004, 03:30 PM
DO You Understand the words coming out of my mouth!!!???

You operate your keyboard with your mouth? Weird, even for you, Jim.

SAmikeyp
09-29-2004, 03:35 PM
Man, nobody understand the words comin' outta your mouth! :p

http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/42/35/12m.jpg

Jimcs50
09-29-2004, 04:08 PM
You operate your keyboard with your mouth? Weird, even for you, Jim.

That is not nice exstatic, you know I am a quadraplegic...damn, you are cold.

travis2
09-29-2004, 06:22 PM
:baby :moon :baby :moon :moon :baby

:lol

jcrod21
09-29-2004, 06:54 PM
Jim,
I agree those were two horrible calls, but to say they were the outcome of the game would've been in favor of the Reds is really hard to say.

They were early in the game and to early to determine the outcome. Sure the first one would've neglected Dallas first score, but the game would've played out differently if it would've been a no call. Lets say there's no score and the Redskins get the call on Newman. What's to say they woul've scored, they couldn't score from the goaline on the one before.

What about the blotched call on Portis being down by contact, which resulted in the Reds marching down and scoring again. Fact is Dallas wouldn't of been playing soft and conservative if they were trailing with their last two possesions.

Score board, Dallas Wins and the Redskins are still Dallas's Bitches.

maxpower
09-29-2004, 08:42 PM
Save your words JC ...it's only about the missed calls against the skins and not against the Cowboys...also the settling for 3 rather than 7 when the skins had the ball 1st and goal is moot. It's all about the refs.

IcemanCometh
09-30-2004, 01:07 AM
http://img36.exs.cx/img36/975/RoyHit1.gif

T Park Num 9
09-30-2004, 01:33 AM
Roy Williams is a bad mutha.

Easily my favorite player on the Cowboys

bigzak25
09-30-2004, 10:54 AM
helmet to helmet....15 yards....what? no flag...ooookay. :p

Jimcs50
09-30-2004, 10:59 AM
Just another of many calls that the Redskins got reemed on Zak.

SAmikeyp
09-30-2004, 12:40 PM
Actually once the reciever catches the ball, he becomes a runner and helmet to helmet is legal.

Johnny Blaze 47
09-30-2004, 12:43 PM
Actually once the reciever catches the ball, he becomes a runner and helmet to helmet is legal.

http://proteus.madebymonkeys.net/macro/pwned.jpg

They actually made that announcement on the telecast, gentlemen.

SAmikeyp
09-30-2004, 12:49 PM
Also on Sportscenter, Sean Salisbury was breaking down the game and metioned it also. Williams is a stud and even Redskins fans would love to have him on their team. IMO, they have the next one in Sean Taylor.

exstatic
09-30-2004, 12:53 PM

Don't confuse them with facts, dude. They want to wallow in their misery. Let them.

Jimcs50
09-30-2004, 02:03 PM
exstatic, maybe so, but it looks like Karma is playing out now as your team lost a couple of good players for the season...toooo bad.

bigzak25
09-30-2004, 02:18 PM
:(

exstatic
09-30-2004, 02:43 PM
exstatic, maybe so, but it looks like Karma is playing out now as your team lost a couple of good players for the season...toooo bad.

Hunter is out, but Campbell's status is unknown. Dallas will win their share of games, whatever that is, and I won't cry about it, or relish other team's players being hurt.

Jimcs50
09-30-2004, 02:45 PM
Well, that makes you a better man than I am ex, I love it when Dallas' players get hurt. Cheaters deserve to get hurt and Dallas cheated to beat Washington.

Jimcs50
09-30-2004, 02:48 PM
BTW, Campbell is having surgery, he is out for the season too, as is Hunter. Dallas signed two players to replace them yesterday.

Hook Dem
09-30-2004, 07:15 PM
" I love it when Dallas' players get hurt" ............I thought you were a better man than that Jim! :wtf