PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking Cell Phones

Chief
01-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Do anyone know of a place that does them in San Antonio that they would recommend. Turning it from the carrier based sim to a unlocked gsm sim that can be used on any network.

I have a couple of phones from the usa from at&t that i would like to use here in Costa Rica.

DannyT
01-23-2009, 07:58 PM
look for people on craigslist they do em for like 40 bucks a pop....atleast for the iphones...but you never know depending on your phone maybe you can do it yourself look it up on youtube and see if thats helps it helped me jailbreak my iphone but not sure about unlocking it....

if you want someone to do it for you try craigslist

Chief
01-23-2009, 08:03 PM
look for people on craigslist they do em for like 40 bucks a pop....atleast for the iphones...but you never know depending on your phone maybe you can do it yourself look it up on youtube and see if thats helps it helped me jailbreak my iphone but not sure about unlocking it....

if you want someone to do it for you try craigslist

thanks for the advice bro

what is jailbreaking it ?

DannyT
01-23-2009, 09:50 PM
1) Removing the restriction of the iPod Touch, allowing you to gain read,write,and execute access to the parts of the system not intended (e.x. being able to install stuff).

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080410170944AAJ0dDA

the political answer....it allows you to install app other that the ones provided by itunes and the app store....you can convert your camera into a video camera instead of the plain picture camera that apple provides...and much much more

King
01-23-2009, 11:44 PM
You can find instructions to do it online. Normally, it's as easy as entering a code. Just get the code off ebay.

BRHornet45
01-23-2009, 11:47 PM
do da stanky leg!

ManuTP9
01-24-2009, 10:24 PM
do da stanky leg!

:lol

PM5K
01-25-2009, 12:10 AM
What kind of phones are we talking about? Your best bet is to search:

Unlock Code YOUR_PHONE_MODEL

Then sort by price, low to high, then pick whoever has the best combination of price/feedback.

I just unlocked a Blackberry Curve for less than 10.00 all online. I ordered around 11:00 PM and the guy sent me the code at 3:00 AM.

I can send you his info if you'd like.