PDA

View Full Version : Suns down 22 points against the Bobcats...

TDfan2007
01-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Holy shit these guys are horrible...Shaq is killing it though with 15 already.

Reck
01-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Suns ain't making shit playoffs. lol

Warlord23
01-23-2009, 08:18 PM
What's amazing is Bell has more assists than Nash, and Diaw has more points than Amare! These two seem to have found their niche with the Cats. Looks like that trade might have been MJ's first decent front-office move

Lp26
01-23-2009, 08:21 PM
The bobcats are good. Too many people hate on the East teams. One thing almost all of them can do except IND/TOR is play defense.

Ghazi
01-23-2009, 08:22 PM
The 3 best defensive teams in the NBA come from the East.

6 of the top 10 defensive teams from an efficiency standpoint are from the East I believe.

The Bobcats were 9th coming into today, Larry Brown has them playing defense.

Ice009
01-23-2009, 08:22 PM
I've been watching this game. I don't think it's totally the Suns sucking.

The Bobcats seem to be really improving as a team. That Bell and Diaw trade has been huge for the Bobcats. I really like the way the Bobcats are playing.

Bell would be pretty good on the Spurs. I'd love to get him on the team. Diaw is looking good too.

Bob Lanier
01-23-2009, 08:23 PM
Ah, Nazr. 4 fouls in less than 6 minutes. Do your thing.

mogrovejo
01-23-2009, 08:27 PM
I've been watching this game. I don't think it's totally the Suns sucking.

The Bobcats seem to be really improving as a team. That Bell and Diaw trade has been huge for the Bobcats. I really like the way the Bobcats are playing.

Bell would be pretty good on the Spurs. I'd love to get him on the team. Diaw is looking good too.

Larry Brown generally knows what he's doing. He still has some dumb players in that roster; wait for a few more trades and "know-it-all" fans to make snide remarks about the Bobcats FO incompetence.

I just don't like the Ajinca pick. What a waste. Second biggest reach in the draft.

Darthkiller
01-23-2009, 08:29 PM
wtf is going with the suns. amare is horrible

lurker
01-23-2009, 08:29 PM
The Suns and the Mavs are both like roller coasters this season. One week they look promising, the next they're lottery bound. Hard to believe that just a few seasons ago these were two of the top teams in the league.

der Kaiser
01-23-2009, 08:31 PM
Diaw>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Amare

Diaw has skill. Amare is just athletic.

Warlord23
01-23-2009, 08:35 PM
Diaw is owning Amare straight up

TDfan2007
01-23-2009, 08:38 PM
Diaw is owning Amare straight up

he's probably been waiting to do that for a LONG time. Amare's defense is pathetic...

Bob Lanier
01-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Bobcats are just beating the teams they're supposed to beat.

Killakobe81
01-23-2009, 09:00 PM
I am surprised that Phoenix is struggling THAT bad ...Bobcats are decent and the EAST much improved ...but there is no excuse for this after getting blown by Boston the other night where is the pride the heart the hustle?!

Reck
01-23-2009, 09:01 PM
Damn that Porter character is sickening.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-23-2009, 09:05 PM
Bobcats are just beating the teams they're supposed to beat.

Sadly this is true.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-23-2009, 09:06 PM
can't be said enough

Diaw >>>>>>>> Amare

Lp26
01-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Ah, Nazr. 4 fouls in less than 6 minutes. Do your thing.

:lol

I might have to adopt CHA as my second team. The Pistons are driving me nuts, and my other team ATL is starting to annoy me.

Reck
01-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Hah those broadcasters are having a field day with the Suns. lol

TDfan2007
01-23-2009, 09:08 PM
can't be said enough

Diaw >>>>>>>> Amare

Diaw: 26 pts 11 rbs 4 ast

Amare: 12 pts 9 rbs 0 ast

what an all star Amare is!

Thompson
01-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Wow. Dragic did an around-the-back pass off another Sun's leg and out of bounds. A few seconds later, Dragic was slowly bringing the ball upcourt and seemingly tripped over the halfcourt line, losing the ball. Then, as it was coming back the other way, he jumped in front of the pass for a steal, raced to the paint, spun and passed it in mid-air... to a Bobcat. :rollin

CubanMustGo
At least Porter is playing more than seven guys :lmao

portpower_11
amare, a all stars starter?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
Diaw: 26 pts 11 rbs 4 ast

Amare: 12 pts 9 rbs 0 ast

what an all star Amare is!

HE IS THA MAN!!!!

Amuseddaysleeper
01-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Time to fire Terry Porter

CubanMustGo
01-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Steve Nash: 4 points, 5 assists, 6 turnovers in 22 minutes. Talk about one of the Lost Boys.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-23-2009, 09:21 PM
Steve Nash: 4 points, 5 assists, 6 turnovers in 22 minutes. Talk about one of the Lost Boys.

Raja promised to spoon with him after the game if he made sure Charlotte won.

Reck
01-23-2009, 09:21 PM
A 22 point ownaged for the Bobcats.

Good win.

mogrovejo
01-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Bulls with Hinrich > Bull with Rose

It's amazing the number of close games involving the Pacers. Most enjoyable team in the league to follow for those who like thrillers, 90% of the games are decided in the last possessions.

ShoogarBear
01-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Nash has been sucking every since I traded for him on one of my FL teams.

Lp26
01-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Bulls with Hinrich > Bull with Rose

It's amazing the number of close games involving the Pacers. Most enjoyable team in the league to follow for those who like thrillers, 90% of the games are decided in the last possessions.

They are, but some of it is due to defensive stupidity which is frustrating. Since i'm not fan of the team though, it has entertainment value.

pawe
01-23-2009, 11:04 PM
Diaw>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Amare

Diaw has skill. Amare is just athletic.

Perfect way to describe TD and Howard.
The Suns cant find a rhythm right now because they dont know if they are an offensive team, Defensive team, half court type or run and gun. Should've stayed with D'antoni, at least he gave them identity. I say start rebuilding now and get ready for the 2010 FA fiesta.

mogrovejo
01-23-2009, 11:32 PM
They are, but some of it is due to defensive stupidity which is frustrating. Since i'm not fan of the team though, it has entertainment value.

That's Obie's trademark. I had two open chest surgeries when he was in Boston due to the emotional roller-coaster every freakin' game was.

First and foremost, I don't like their offense; I prefer slow-paced half-court grind out basketball. I think there's a reason why they struggle to close out games; close games are decided on the half-court.

Their defense is basically Harter's classic D (similar to Boston's D); but JOB introduced a couple of gimmicks. One in particular is truly bizarre, the way they help and rotate on the dribble drives from the top of the key. I've never seen a basketball team defending like that at any level. Well, and I won't see again, it's obviously not working... Anyway, they need a defensive stopper; hopefully they can develop Rush into that role.

anakha
01-23-2009, 11:35 PM
No BobcatsDynasty appearance? Tonight sure warrants it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-23-2009, 11:59 PM
Perfect way to describe TD and Howard.
The Suns cant find a rhythm right now because they dont know if they are an offensive team, Defensive team, half court type or run and gun. Should've stayed with D'antoni, at least he gave them identity. I say start rebuilding now and get ready for the 2010 FA fiesta.

Unfortunately they think they can build around Amare by extending him for 5 years which is just a big mistake that will perpetuate their inevitable rebuilding period for 5-7 years. AMARE IS NOT A FRANCHISE PLAYER......'nuff said.

ClingingMars
01-24-2009, 12:34 AM
well, Amare was successful in his All-Star campaign. On the court...not so much.

-Mars

Lakers999
01-24-2009, 01:46 AM
only a matter of time, trade demand, and kobe 4th ring till shaq is in a laker uni again :rolleyes

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-24-2009, 01:55 AM
only a matter of time, trade demand, and kobe 4th ring till shaq is in a laker uni again :rolleyes

I hope Shaq goes to a contender I hate watching him waste away on a team with no heart. Same with Grant Hill. If the Lakers win a title, let it be with this lineup:

Fisher
Kobe
Hill
Gasol
Shaq

Ghazi
01-24-2009, 02:01 AM
The Suns are still pretty good offensively. 4th in league from efficiency standpoint. ALthough in past years they were accustomed to being in the top two.

Their defense was underrated in past years... it wasn't great, but it was atleast average... this year it's absolutely atrocious coming in at 21st in the league from an efficiency standpoint

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-24-2009, 02:04 AM
The Suns are still pretty good offensively. 4th in league from efficiency standpoint. ALthough in past years they were accustomed to being in the top two.

Their defense was underrated in past years... it wasn't great, but it was atleast average... this year it's absolutely atrocious coming in at 21st in the league from an efficiency standpoint

You're probably basing it off Hollingers stats which doesn't factor in offensive rebounds given up, meaning that if a team misses a shot, grabs an offensive rebound and then makes the shot, it counts as two possessions in Hollinger's method.

When you do factor in offensive rebounds, the Suns are 25th in the league on defensive efficiency. Just saying.

pauls931
01-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Seems like there's an Amare witch hunt, don't forget he was there the years the Suns could almost make it over the hump but didn't. The wheels really started falling off the instant Kerr showed up. Let me put it this way, if both Nash and Amare are unhappy, something is seriously f'd up and you need to get rid of them or change the system to something they can play too.

They used to be a team that everyone wanted to watch and granted they could never get a ring they were drawing sales at least. Now no one wants to watch them, half the players probably don't want to be there.

I think armchair quarter backing too long as an announcer made it look too easy to Kerr.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Seems like there's an Amare witch hunt, don't forget he was there the years the Suns could almost make it over the hump but didn't.

Funny, I recall him being injured the year the Suns were within 2 games of the NBA finals. That's the closest they've been since acquiring Nash, right?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Let me put it this way, if both Nash and Amare are unhappy, something is seriously f'd up and you need to get rid of them or change the system to something they can play too.

great idea!!!! Amare was unhappy with Marion, so they got rid of him. Amare was unhappy with D'antoni, so they got rid of him!!! Amare was unhappy with Bell and Diaw, so they were both shipped out of town!!!

Making moves for the sole purpose of keeping Amare happy and giving him the idea he didn't have to get better at all since they would mold the team around him has worked out GREAT so far, hasn't it?

pauls931
01-24-2009, 05:02 PM
great idea!!!! Amare was unhappy with Marion, so they got rid of him. Amare was unhappy with D'antoni, so they got rid of him!!! Amare was unhappy with Bell and Diaw, so they were both shipped out of town!!!

Making moves for the sole purpose of keeping Amare happy and giving him the idea he didn't have to get better at all since they would mold the team around him has worked out GREAT so far, hasn't it?

How about this, trade Amare to the Spurs for Matt Boner and you're guaranteed a championship. Or better yet, trade him to the lakers for Sasha. Maybe Dallas would give you Josh Howard for him.

I have some info, the Suns are currently broken and it's more than just Amare.

edit: I just had a better Idea! Make Amare the GM and have Kerr and Porter suit up. Damn, I should work for the suns.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-24-2009, 05:14 PM
I have some info, the Suns are currently broken and it's more than just Amare.

I know it is, it's the absence of all the pieces Amare made the Suns get rid of.

Maybe if Amare didn't piss Marion off to the point where he demanded a trade, the perimeter defense wouldn't be so crappy.

Maybe if Amare didn't throw D'antoni under the bus and blame him for every problem the Suns have, Terry Porter wouldn't be coach.

Maybe if Amare didn't demand the ball so much and make Diaw hesitant to score rather than pass it to him, we'd have the Diaw that's playing in Charlotte right now and we'd still have a motivated Raja Bell.

Maybe if Amare didn't stand around and play no defense, the Suns wouldn't be Tim Duncan's bitch.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-24-2009, 05:15 PM
edit: I just had a better Idea! Make Amare the GM and have Kerr and Porter suit up. Damn, I should work for the suns.

I say we just trade everyone and only start Amare. Hey, they might really suck at defense and never win in the finals, but we'd get to see some really cool garbage time dunks when the Suns are down by 30.

lil_penny
01-24-2009, 05:23 PM
Ship grant hill to portland phoenix!!

Bob Lanier
01-24-2009, 05:23 PM
What's a portland phoenix?

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-24-2009, 05:25 PM
I believe it's an old wooden ship used during the Civil War era.

lil_penny
01-24-2009, 05:52 PM
I believe it's an old wooden ship used during the Civil War era.

Close, It was actually made of bamboo though

Bob Lanier
01-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Is bamboo not wood anymore?

Red Hawk #21
01-24-2009, 07:35 PM
Look at Phoenix's Team : Nash, Richardson, Barnes, Stoudemire, Shaq, Barbosa, Hill. This should be a championship team, something is flawed about them though and I don't know what it is.

Bob Lanier
01-24-2009, 07:38 PM
Maybe it's that none of them play defense?

Bruno
01-24-2009, 07:55 PM
This season Suns are +153 when Nash is on the court and -105 without him.
No need to be a genius to figure that Suns would be a significantly better team if they find a way to be at least decent when Nash rests on the bench.

IMO, a solution (outside of a trade) would be to put O'Neal on the bench and run the halfcourt offense through him with the second unit.

Red Hawk #21
01-24-2009, 08:07 PM
No need to be a genius to figure that Suns would be a significantly better team if they find a way to be at least decent when Nash rests on the bench.

IMO, a solution (outside of a trade) would be to put O'Neal on the bench and run the halfcourt offense through him with the second unit.

Im sure Shaq would just accept being on the bench. :wakeup

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-24-2009, 08:12 PM

They should bring Nash off the bench IMO. Barnes and Barbosa go from serviceable role players to idiot scrubs when Nash comes off the court.