PDA

View Full Version : turnobili... what?!

spectator
01-23-2009, 11:12 PM
it was an unbelievable end of the game. can you imagine the commentators in this fictitious ending:

"Duncan had 30 points today, still the Spurs need one more turnover for the win.
Duncan gives it to Ginobili ... two seconds on the clock ...
Ginobili drives (where else but) left ... one second left ...
Ginobili frees himself ... 0.2 left ... he turns it at the buzzer!!! The fans are on their feet!"

Behrooz24
01-23-2009, 11:15 PM
Post less.

it's me
01-23-2009, 11:15 PM
hahahaha good one.... be a man and use your real user name moron ha ha ha

urunobili
01-23-2009, 11:16 PM
Vander, ducks and rascal joining the hate in 3, 2, 1...

m33p0
01-23-2009, 11:17 PM
manu played so shitty you had to use an alias to dump on him.

HarlemHeat37
01-23-2009, 11:25 PM
as well as Manu plays on a regular basis, he's known for these unbelievably stupid plays..

fouling Dirk that might have cost us a title for example..

I still can't believe that foul he committed in the Laker series last year..if anybody remembers, it was from 70 feet out to end the first quarter..

bdictjames
01-23-2009, 11:27 PM
He turned it over against Keyon Dooling as well.

I hope this is all in the regular season.

Shastafarian
01-23-2009, 11:29 PM
it was an unbelievable end of the game. can you imagine the commentators in this fictitious ending:

"Duncan had 30 points today, still the Spurs need one more turnover for the win.
Duncan gives it to Ginobili ... two seconds on the clock ...
Ginobili drives (where else but) left ... one second left ...
Ginobili frees himself ... 0.2 left ... he turns it at the buzzer!!! The fans are on their feet!"

I don't get it ducks. It's a mortal sin to criticize Tony but criticizing Manu is just fine? Look up the phrase "double standard".

m33p0
01-23-2009, 11:32 PM
That's what makes Manu special. When he makes plays, he makes them great. When he makes a mistake, he makes them big. He never does things mediocre. It's always all out. Fortunately, the good far outweighs the bad. Pop has learned to live with it. So should we all.

SAhoops
01-23-2009, 11:43 PM
Manu's pass sealed the win. period.

ducks
01-23-2009, 11:54 PM
Manu's pass sealed the win. period.

yeah and had tp made the pass and mike missed
everyone would be on tp for passing it to mike

igruex
01-23-2009, 11:56 PM
Fortunately, the good far outweighs the bad. Pop has learned to live with it.

I was totally sure of it back in 2005, not so much nowdays.. I dont think Pop's pulling the right strings for Manu to get back in shape as fast as he can.

=/

CubanMustGo
01-24-2009, 12:03 AM
yeah and had tp made the pass and mike missed
everyone would be on tp for passing it to mike

HATER

Solid D
01-24-2009, 12:27 AM
Ditka in wing-tips dribbled better than Manu.

SequSpur
01-24-2009, 12:58 AM
Manu is overrated.

DAF86
01-24-2009, 12:58 AM
What happened? I looked at the play by play and the only thing I saw is that he turn the ball over with no time left, is that really such a big deal? or are you talking about some other play?

SequSpur
01-24-2009, 01:06 AM
What happened? I looked at the play by play and the only thing I saw is that he turn the ball over with no time left, is that really such a big deal? or are you talking about some other play?

Manu did two things right tonight... put his shoes on the right foot and pass the ball to finley...other than that, he should've stayed home.

spectator
01-24-2009, 01:08 AM
the post was meant to ridicule a minor play and have some fun. i am a big spurs fan and don't care about which player scores the most in order to win. consequently, i have nothing against ginobili. i like the guy. i voted for him in the all-star game. unfortunately, crass individuals with little understanding of the intricacies of humor have taken a personal affront and turned the post into their "hater"-culture vendetta.

Solid D
01-24-2009, 01:10 AM

Ginobili took the inbounds pass and tried to dribble away from traffic. As he turned to dribble, the ball slipped out of his right hand and went out of bounds. The ball hit out with .002 on the clock. :lol It's not enough time to catch and shoot. The only chance NJ had was to get fouled on a tip-shot.

Manu's other two TOs were also off his leg or foot and o/b. It was a goofy night for him.

jag
01-24-2009, 01:18 AM
That's what makes Manu special. When he makes plays, he makes them great. When he makes a mistake, he makes them big. He never does things mediocre. It's always all out. Fortunately, the good far outweighs the bad. Pop has learned to live with it. So should we all.

well said

it's me
01-24-2009, 01:28 AM
Vince Carter is overrated.

Fixed

SequSpur
01-24-2009, 01:39 AM
Fixed

gay............

dude, the "fixed" shit is so fucking stoopid, it isn't even funny. You heard what I said, watch a game and tell me it's not true...

Harvester of Sorrow

Austin_Toros
01-24-2009, 04:35 AM
manu played so shitty you had to use an alias to dump on him.

LOL

timvp
01-24-2009, 04:59 AM
:tu

If you are a Spurs fan, there are just some things you have to accept. Tim Duncan will miss free throws and not play defense the first half of the season. Tony Parker will dribble the clock out and then miss the long jumper. Manu Ginobili will turn the ball over and make aggressive mistakes. These things are inevitable so as a Spurs fan you might as well sit back and enjoy it . . .

roycrikside
01-24-2009, 05:49 AM
People here who hate on Manu have no common sense at all. He took 8 shots the whole damn game. How many points is he supposed to score from 8 shots, 30?

He played badly in the first quarter, Pop benched him and he was pretty much an afterthought the rest of the game as punishment for not boxing out because Pop has to play these mind games all the time, even to his veterans. The only guy he doesn't play them with is Duncan, who can mess up on defense as much as he wants without specific retribution.

It boggles my mind how a player so talented and important to the team can finish a game with 8 shot attempts. No star player in the world would put up with such treatment. No wonder he goes through these crises of confidence sometimes. His own coach doesn't believe in him and it's pretty much accepted that he's not even going to get his first shot attempt in a game til Hill checks in.

anakha
01-24-2009, 07:43 AM
People here who hate on Manu have no common sense at all. He took 8 shots the whole damn game. How many points is he supposed to score from 8 shots, 30?

He played badly in the first quarter, Pop benched him and he was pretty much an afterthought the rest of the game as punishment for not boxing out because Pop has to play these mind games all the time, even to his veterans. The only guy he doesn't play them with is Duncan, who can mess up on defense as much as he wants without specific retribution.

It boggles my mind how a player so talented and important to the team can finish a game with 8 shot attempts. No star player in the world would put up with such treatment. No wonder he goes through these crises of confidence sometimes. His own coach doesn't believe in him and it's pretty much accepted that he's not even going to get his first shot attempt in a game til Hill checks in.

So that last-second turnover was Popovich's fault. Right.

DAF86
01-24-2009, 08:23 AM
Manu is overrated.

You heard what I said, watch a game and tell me it's not true...

Watch at his career and tell me how can you say that with a straight face.

SAhoops
01-24-2009, 11:45 AM
Manu is overrated.
:nopeIdiotic.:nope

SequSpur
01-24-2009, 12:47 PM
Manu 2003-2007 :tu Now he is just a has been.

And no, living with manu's knack for making stupid passes and having a good game 1 in every 5 is not going to cut it anymore.

Also, there are spurs who can make shots and win games. I seriously doubt for 45 minutes manu can do zero and come in for 3 minutes and be a fukin hero again.

Also, other nba teams have figured him out, so its no fluke that he has off games more than ever.

time to move on.

1usamotorsports.com
01-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Manu is a dangerous player . He has great skills. Two things that people have against him is hes not consistant and has a confidence problem .

bugmenot
01-24-2009, 04:01 PM

It boggles my mind how a player so talented and important to the team can finish a game with 8 shot attempts. No star player in the world would put up with such treatment. No wonder he goes through these crises of confidence sometimes. His own coach doesn't believe in him and it's pretty much accepted that he's not even going to get his first shot attempt in a game til Hill checks in. :violin This is way way too emotional. This is a lighthearted thread. Besides what does eight shot-attempts have to do with "Turnobili" turning it over at the end of the game? That's non-sequiturious. In your emotional haste, you were also wrong insofar as when Manu got his first shot. It was in fact with the starting lead guard.

Eight shot-attempts or not, Ginobili played like Leon Lett in flippers last evening.

Manufan909
01-24-2009, 04:19 PM
:tu

If you are a Spurs fan, there are just some things you have to accept. Tim Duncan will miss free throws and not play defense the first half of the season. Tony Parker will dribble the clock out and then miss the long jumper. Manu Ginobili will turn the ball over and make aggressive mistakes. These things are inevitable so as a Spurs fan you might as well sit back and enjoy it . . .

Timvp with the voice of reason.

Solid D
01-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Manu 2003-2007 :tu Now he is just a has been.

And no, living with manu's knack for making stupid passes and having a good game 1 in every 5 is not going to cut it anymore.

Also, there are spurs who can make shots and win games. I seriously doubt for 45 minutes manu can do zero and come in for 3 minutes and be a fukin hero again.

Also, other nba teams have figured him out, so its no fluke that he has off games more than ever.

time to move on.

I LOL'd. Manu is coming back from surgery and played well enough to impress you right after he returned in November and yet, not now. One in Five eh? Alright, over the past 5 previous games...plus last night's game (6 total) who is scoring more, TP or Manu?

Player TP...................Manu
Game Pts Minutes.....Pts Minutes
NJN 17 35:02..........8 23:01
IND 13 25:47.........26 20:38
CHA 13 34:11.........10 28:15
CHI 20 37:53.........21 31:04
PHI 12 28:23......... 8 23:46
LAL 20 33:32.........27 30:17
---------------------------
TOT 95 194:48.......100 157:01

Using your logic, Trade em both.

NRHector
01-24-2009, 04:41 PM
Manu took the night off so he can rest and play better against the lakers tomorrow, what's wrong with that we all do it at our jobs or am I wrong?:flag:

Solid D
01-24-2009, 04:48 PM
"Havlicek stole the ball" after Bill Russell threw the ball in off the guy-wire and turned it over. Bill Russell stinks.

angelbelow
01-24-2009, 06:51 PM
well i for one thought ginobili was perfect and never made any mistakes so im shocked that he turned it over.

SequSpur
01-24-2009, 07:55 PM
I LOL'd. Manu is coming back from surgery and played well enough to impress you right after he returned in November and yet, not now. One in Five eh? Alright, over the past 5 previous games...plus last night's game (6 total) who is scoring more, TP or Manu?

Player TP...................Manu
Game Pts Minutes.....Pts Minutes
NJN 17 35:02..........8 23:01
IND 13 25:47.........26 20:38
CHA 13 34:11.........10 28:15
CHI 20 37:53.........21 31:04
PHI 12 28:23......... 8 23:46
LAL 20 33:32.........27 30:17
---------------------------
TOT 95 194:48.......100 157:01

Using your logic, Trade em both.

Quit cutting out newspapers stats and posting them here. Why don't you try watching a game for once?

urunobili
01-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Quit cutting out newspapers stats and posting them here. Why don't you try watching a game for once?

and why don't you take your homer glasses for a minute to study facts instead of flat out bitch for stuff? I know I know... it's fun... :lol

Solid D
01-24-2009, 08:25 PM
Quit cutting out newspapers stats and posting them here.

Okay, I'll quit cutting out newspaper stats if you will quit chasing shiny, sparkly things and FOCUS!

:lmao

SequSpur
01-25-2009, 04:15 PM
I see turnobili is back today.