PDA

View Full Version : Guy's Please Help me - Question about Network Printing.

Chief
01-24-2009, 07:44 PM
Hey Guy's,

I have an internet cafe. I have about 15 computers. all the computers have a name in the system, a.k.a. Desktop 1 - Desktop 15.

When someone prints from their computer tho , under the print control ,it just say's guest, this can be hard to figure out which one of the 15 Computers are printing.

Is it a way so that when they print from that computer, example if they print from "Desktop 8", that it say's Desktop 8 under the printing window user, instead of "guest"

Thanks .

DannyT
01-24-2009, 08:00 PM
how is this printer configured for your network printing....?

are the users logged on as guest? what os are you using like xp home edition?

if all your users names are the same(guest) I would say try renaming each user account to match the name of their computer #

PM5K
01-24-2009, 08:37 PM
Why exactly do you need it to say that?

koriwhat
01-24-2009, 08:49 PM
anything but winOS!

but yeah try giving all your computers a user login. a login to access the net/shares/printers.

google.com

Chief
01-26-2009, 05:47 PM
how is this printer configured for your network printing....?

are the users logged on as guest? what os are you using like xp home edition?

if all your users names are the same(guest) I would say try renaming each user account to match the name of their computer #

Thanks Danny, the Printer is hooked up to my laptop (the main computer) and I have it "shared" under the printer settings. I'm using xp pro on all the computer, the computers login each has it's own name, example the first computer is called Computer 1, The last one is Computer 14. that's their names in the system. Why it say's guest is printing i'm not sure. ??

Why exactly do you need it to say that?

so i know which one of the computers is printing instead of going around to each of them and asking if it's theirs.

koriwhat
01-26-2009, 08:09 PM
i'd say a printer managing app would do you wonders... a queue manager.