PDA

View Full Version : Fedor is an IDIOT!

tlongII
01-24-2009, 08:51 PM
Seriously. I've been rolling around town trying to find a venue that is showing this fight and I can't find a single one! Just a stupid decision by Fedor to stay with this podunk organization...

mystargtr34
01-24-2009, 11:48 PM
It was a quick fight anyway.

ATRAIN
01-25-2009, 02:14 AM
Lucky Punch....AA was winning that round.

LEONARD
01-25-2009, 02:34 AM

LOL...AA was doing alright...certainly didn't have Fedor in trouble. But he got sloppy and got HL reel'd...far from a lucky punch. He'll never be a boxer with that chin...

Fedor > All

robbie380
01-25-2009, 03:25 AM

rofl...:rollin are you serious? fedor pretty much set AA up. AA is know for getting over aggressive and he did it again when fedor laid back against the ropes. fedor knew he would come in with something and he knocked him the fuck out. lucky my ass lol:lol

ATRAIN
01-25-2009, 03:54 AM
LOL ok I know it wasnt lucky I just wanted to stir you guys up hehehe

angelbelow
01-25-2009, 04:09 AM
hey tlong, are you aware of the history of the situation b/t dana and fedor? from my understanding, they not only lowballed him but they wanted him to reliquish his title and fight exclusively for the ufc. fedor didnt like the amount of money he was being offered and wanted to defend his belt.

this was a while back someone correct me if im wrong.

and at the end of the day, does he really need to leave? hes beaten 5 former ufc champs.

LEONARD
01-25-2009, 04:16 AM
There isn't much in the UFC for him right now...Barnett...Overeem...then maybe to the UFC when Lesnar, Velasquez, and Carwin have a little more experience...

Evan
01-25-2009, 09:46 AM
Seriously. I've been rolling around town trying to find a venue that is showing this fight and I can't find a single one! Just a stupid decision by Fedor to stay with this podunk organization...

Fedor has zero control over his career and is likely being robbed blind by his manager.

There isn't much in the UFC for him right now...Barnett...Overeem...then maybe to the UFC when Lesnar, Velasquez, and Carwin have a little more experience...

There isn't much for him anywhere...he is in the same boat as Silva..

BlackSwordsMan
01-25-2009, 10:26 AM
fedor has tyson competition

desflood
01-25-2009, 10:30 AM
Fedor has zero control over his career and is likely being robbed blind by his manager.
Seen the salary list yet? Fedor made 300k, and no win bonus. By comparison, Arlovski made $1,500,000 and would have received a 250k win bonus. I know Fedor is loyal to his team, but there comes a point when loyalty becomes blind stupidity.

TheTruth
01-25-2009, 10:37 AM
Damn it AA. Fighting a pretty good fight, controlling the striking, had Fedor backing up. AND HE GOES FOR A FLYING KNEE??!?!?!

Fedor is a freaking animal. Great punch, but AA was doing a damn good job and made 1 stupid mistake. Fedor would have won regardless, but that was turning into a damn good fight.

Evan
01-25-2009, 10:41 AM
Seen the salary list yet? Fedor made 300k, and no win bonus. By comparison, Arlovski made $1,500,000 and would have received a 250k win bonus. I know Fedor is loyal to his team, but there comes a point when loyalty becomes blind stupidity.

I'm guessing he made more from the PPV side with the M-1 partnership but I doubt the PPV numbers will be that high so yeah it will likely be a small amount.

They just can't print money....

LEONARD
01-25-2009, 11:32 AM

He got a bonus of $1.5M or so...he's doing just fine...

Evan
01-25-2009, 11:42 AM
He got a bonus of $1.5M or so...he's doing just fine...

where did that money come from?

LEONARD
01-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Part of his contract I guess...same setup he had for the Sylvia fight...

Maybe it helps to not have it listed as his fight pay as far as taxes or something goes? Who knows what all red tape there is...

polandprzem
01-25-2009, 03:18 PM
so accually Fedors menagment is great :)
1.5M$ :wow

You would not get those money in the ufc

Evan
01-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Part of his contract I guess...same setup he had for the Sylvia fight...

Maybe it helps to not have it listed as his fight pay as far as taxes or something goes? Who knows what all red tape there is...

No I get that....I'm sure the other money goes into the M-1 pool but what I am saying is...I wonder if its from ppv percentage or affliction.

I mean if affliction is cutting that check the wow they are in the red...

If they signed up for a ppv % they aren't getting that 1.5/

Evan
01-25-2009, 03:21 PM
so accually Fedors menagment is great :)
1.5M$ :wow

You would not get those money in the ufc

UFC offered him more money...even Vladim has said this.

tlongII
01-25-2009, 05:16 PM
It doesn't matter what the competition is, Fedor should be in the UFC. It's stupid of him to continue to stay out. He would have way more marketing opportunities if he was in the UFC and dominating.

Evan
01-25-2009, 05:19 PM
It doesn't matter what the competition is, Fedor should be in the UFC. It's stupid of him to continue to stay out. He would have way more marketing opportunities if he was in the UFC and dominating.

Agree but Fedor has no say.

djohn14
01-25-2009, 05:23 PM
I think Fedor is scared of...Cain Velasquez.

Evan
01-25-2009, 05:31 PM
there is no doubt he fears the tattooed latino!

tlongII
01-25-2009, 05:42 PM
Agree but Fedor has no say.

How does Fedor have no say? All he has to do is fire his manager.

Evan
01-25-2009, 05:52 PM
How does Fedor have no say? All he has to do is fire his manager.

Well Fedor trusts him and I seriously doubt Fedor gives a sh*t where he fights. He's not even that big of a fan of MMA. ....

He just trains..pays mild attention to the HW division and does his thing. Kinda like Josh Hamilton of the Texas Rangers...guys is an absolute stud but doesn't watch baseball.

I couldn't care less where he fights as long as he fights legit opponents around his once a year freakshow.

polandprzem
01-25-2009, 05:54 PM
UFC offered him more money...even Vladim has said this.

Hmm strange.

Brock made the most money so far as I remember correctly?
half a milion - and they would give Fedor 2 milions a year or 2 years ago?

btw. Fedor would have lost his freedome. He would not be able to fight in Russia and in Sambo competition. UFC takes a lot of freedome from fighters and giving them not much money.

I've heard that TUF fighters had no insurance. So they were risking health for nothing.

Evan
01-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Hmm strange.

half a milion - and they would give Fedor 2 milions a year or 2 years ago?.

The guys in the UFC get their base pay and then a PPV cut on top of bonuses. Their base base is not the total amount...supposedly Brock and Randy made close to a million last fight.

Same with Fedor...his base pay last night was 300k and yet he really got a lot more.

polandprzem
01-25-2009, 06:25 PM
You are talking about the best fighters and what about the fighters from undercard that earning 2 grands?

btw. what freak show once a year?
You could call a freak show one fight and that was against Choi (who was really not comfortable opponent anyway).

Evan
01-25-2009, 06:29 PM
I've lost ya polandprzem...not sure what you're talking about now. I guess you're arguing a different point now? Who's making 2 grand on what card?

LEONARD
01-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Hmm strange.

half a milion - and they would give Fedor 2 milions a year or 2 years ago?

btw. Fedor would have lost his freedome. He would not be able to fight in Russia and in Sambo competition. UFC takes a lot of freedome from fighters and giving them not much money.

I've heard that TUF fighters had no insurance. So they were risking health for nothing.

*head just exploded*

polandprzem
01-25-2009, 07:00 PM
*head just exploded*

But you are are able to post?
Is it not the truth about Fedor?

dana says he wanted to get Fedor but his menagment never wanted to speak with him (well he said he never met Fedor and that's why he is mad :) )

also

XTFvtnw1idI

Evan I'm talking about guys that are in the undercard. 2000$ 5000$ a fight

LEONARD
01-25-2009, 07:03 PM
Was referring to the general scatter-shooting going on in that post, which features all kinds of assumptions and rumors...too much to process, so my head exploded...

Evan
01-25-2009, 07:06 PM
Was referring to the general scatter-shooting going on in that post, which features all kinds of assumptions and rumors...too much to process, so my head exploded...

hahahaha....

polandprzem
01-26-2009, 05:41 AM
umm oh well

I just wanted to know your opinion about that.

Evan
01-26-2009, 08:23 AM
umm oh well

I just wanted to know your opinion about that.

Opinion on what exactly? Sorry thats what we're not clear about.

As far as insurance all fighters have medical insurance.

Money...the UFC gives out so many bonuses and a nice ppv percentage to the top guys that we have no clue how much these guys really make. Do I want them to get paid more? Of course I do but so many MMA orgs fail that we really don't know how much they should be paid responsibly. What we see on the pay out releases is not the entire story.

polandprzem
01-26-2009, 10:17 AM
okay

thanks

Evan
01-26-2009, 12:43 PM
okay

thanks

When those guys get hurt the UFC is not going to take those guys to a hospital and stiff them with the bill...it doesn't work that way.

From a business standpoint one of the best things the UFC does is pay goes undisclosed bonuses to keep fighters motivated once they get their contract. The problem is perception wise it kills them in the eyes of fans. Too much is shrouded in secrecy.

I know it sounds like it but I am not defending the UFC. I can't because I don't know for sure how their payout system works. All I know is they have base pay and bonuses while some guys get a PPV cut and that the public figures we see a couple days after the fight is not accurate. That's all I know so I can't have an opinion if they paid enough but I just know I want them to get paid as much as possible.