PDA

View Full Version : Chalmers > Hill This Week

Solid D
01-24-2009, 11:23 PM
Got'ta give it up to Mario Chalmers. He made two big plays against Orlando down the stretch (shot and a strip) to close out the upset Win at home. Granted, Mario is a starter and George is a 12-15 min./game backup...but here are this week's results.

In 3 games this week, Mario averaged 13 points, 5.7 assists, 3.3 steals, 1.3 TO.

In 3 games this week, George averaged 6.3 points, 1 assist, 0 steals, 1.3 TO

In watching Chalmers tonight, I've got to give him his due. He's playing well.

ducks
01-24-2009, 11:24 PM
how many minutes this season has chalmers played
how many minutes this season has hill played

Mr. Body
01-24-2009, 11:40 PM
Chalmers is a nice player.

ducks
01-24-2009, 11:44 PM
nicer then cp3:rollin

thekingrobert
01-24-2009, 11:59 PM
you're comparing a starter to a bench player, minutes will skew these stats also i live in Miami, Chalmers has been playing God awful

Solid D
01-25-2009, 12:05 AM
Shhhh! (whispering - I know Hill is playing only 12-15 minutes/game. This post isn't for stat analysts with newspaper clippings. It's bait for someone else....shhhh).

mystargtr34
01-25-2009, 12:57 AM
Chalmers is a decent player, but he looks over matched when he plays. Hes a good 3 point shooter and has a nose for the ball on the defensive end - but hes far from a good defender, hes too small both in terms of strength and height. He also struggles getting to the rim, hes not real quick and has below average handles for an NBA point. I dont think his potential is much more than 12 and 5 borderline starter on a decent team.

Still, he was a Second Rounder, so the Heat should be happy with where he is at.

toki9
01-25-2009, 01:58 AM
Still, he was a Second Rounder, so the Heat should be happy with where he is at.

Supposedly the Heat spent millions to get that pick in order to get Chalmers...

Here is a quote from an ESPN article:

"When Miami failed in its attempts to buy a late first-round pick from Portland, it sent two first-round picks and $2 million to the Wolves for Chalmers."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=Orlando-Day3-080709

Tully365
01-25-2009, 02:13 AM
Supposedly the Heat spent millions to get that pick in order to get Chalmers...

Here is a quote from an ESPN article:

"When Miami failed in its attempts to buy a late first-round pick from Portland, it sent two first-round picks and $2 million to the Wolves for Chalmers."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=Orlando-Day3-080709

He was traded for two second round picks plus cash, not two first round picks.

Austin_Toros
01-25-2009, 02:19 AM
Chalmers is playing well, especially for a player that was drafted in the second round. He's come in, started and pleased fans.

I like Hill and maybe even value him more than Chalmers, despite their minutes per game.