PDA

View Full Version : Marc Stein "Scared" of Spurs...

coachmac87
01-25-2009, 01:52 AM
Rob (Towaco, N.J.): Why are the Spurs still considered contenders?

They were lucky to beat the Lakers last week -- Roger Mason wasn't fouled and Trevor Ariza didn't travel at the end -- and then they were killed by the Sixers, barely beat the Bulls and are struggling against the Bobcats today.

Seems to me that you "analysts" are too afraid to count out a team that has been successful over the years. All good things must come to an end. I just wish some of these experts would have the stones to say it. You guys seem to be so scared of being wrong sometimes.

The Spurs are a middle-of-the-pack team. Accept it.

Stein: Not sure which "experts" you've been following, because my impression is that the Spurs have been written off in a big way by a lot of my colleagues and still rarely get mentioned with the Celtics, Lakers, Cavs and now Magic.

I also couldn't disagree more with your view of their current status.

The Spurs remain the only team in the West that we KNOW can get to the finish line. In the NBA, where there are maybe four active coaches who've won it all, that means even more than it does in the other sports.

The Spurs also happen to have their deepest backcourt in years and more offensive firepower than they've had in some time. Are they short one big man? Sure. Do the Celts, Lakers, Cavs and Magic all wish they had one more dependable big? Ditto.

So if keeping San Antonio in the championship conversation makes me "scared," you can go ahead and say that I'm scared to death. Because there's no doubt in my mind that the Spurs are the West's biggest threat to the Lakers IF Duncan, Parker and Ginobili are all healthy in May and June.

m33p0
01-25-2009, 01:55 AM
So if keeping San Antonio in the championship conversation makes me "scared," you can go ahead and say that I'm scared to death. Because there's no doubt in my mind that the Spurs are the West's biggest threat to the Lakers IF Duncan, Parker and Ginobili are all healthy in May and June.
damn right! :tu

Shastafarian
01-25-2009, 01:58 AM
Rob from Towaco must be a scared Lakers fan. Or he's just an idiot. Then again those things are synonymous.

Lakers999
01-25-2009, 02:04 AM
Duncan, Parker and Ginobili are all healthy in May and June.

The Lakers will still whoop their asses all over the court

SenorSpur
01-25-2009, 02:11 AM
I've always found Stein to be a Fakers and Mavs lover first, but he's always gave the Spurs their due props. This article is no different.

DPG21920
01-25-2009, 02:12 AM
No doubt, this guy post here on Spurstalk as a d-bag Laker fan.

Man In Black
01-25-2009, 03:16 AM
You are where you live...

towaco = too whacko!

angelbelow
01-25-2009, 04:32 AM
nicely written by mr stein.

Spork KIller
01-25-2009, 05:37 AM
Rob (Towaco, N.J.): Why are the Spurs still considered contenders?

They were lucky to beat the Lakers last week -- Roger Mason wasn't fouled and Trevor Ariza didn't travel at the end -- and then they were killed by the Sixers, barely beat the Bulls and are struggling against the Bobcats today.

Seems to me that you "analysts" are too afraid to count out a team that has been successful over the years. All good things must come to an end. I just wish some of these experts would have the stones to say it. You guys seem to be so scared of being wrong sometimes.

The Spurs are a middle-of-the-pack team. Accept it

I Agree with this fan...

The spurms are a middle of the pack team...

Nobody is afraid of them...

Chumps!

Spork KIller
01-25-2009, 05:39 AM
As we will witness the next few games when thier schedule is getting harder and harder...

Just die already!

HORNSWOGGLE
01-25-2009, 06:09 AM
As we will witness the next few games when thier schedule is getting harder and harder...

Just die already!

:lol, They wont die they have a team to own, The Suns

gmanrulz
01-25-2009, 06:40 AM
All teams have periods when they struggle. Boston was already being crowned by most and then dropped 6 of 8 games or something like that including a loss to the bobcats that the spurs "struggled against." How come nobody wrote them off but if spurs have a tough stretch theyre done. We have seen too often spurs come back strong when everyone says theyre finished.

buttsR4rebounding
01-25-2009, 09:58 AM
I Agree with this fan...

Chumps!

Except the lottery bound Suns...:flag:

GSH
01-25-2009, 10:31 AM
Everyone knows that the Spurs had big injury problems at the beginning of the season. In their last 25 games, they have gone 20-5. That is the second best record in the NBA, behind Orlando. Not exactly middle of the pack.

In the Lakers' last 25, they are 19-6. Also a good record, no doubt. And who did they lose to? Orlando (twice), Spurs, Hornets, Miami, and ?Sacramento. Five of their six losses came to playoff bound teams - no big mystery there. Everybody struggles against the better teams, even the other good teams. That's why so many playoff series go to 6 or 7 games.

And for the dumbass Sons fan... your loser team has gone 13-12 over the last 25 games. That just-barely-below-.500 crap might almost get you an 8 seed in the East. But in the West, you might as well get your "Gone Fishing" pictures ready.

exstatic
01-25-2009, 10:31 AM

It isn't a Suns fan, in spite of the tag. It's a Rockettes fan named louis.

Obstructed_View
01-25-2009, 10:49 AM
It isn't a Suns fan, in spite of the tag. It's a Rockettes fan named louis.

I have a hard time believing that. Louis posted more interesting rants.

Biggems
01-25-2009, 11:21 AM

Your sig kicks ass........

Biggems
01-25-2009, 11:24 AM
Everyone knows that the Spurs had big injury problems at the beginning of the season. In their last 25 games, they have gone 20-5. That is the second best record in the NBA, behind Orlando. Not exactly middle of the pack.

In the Lakers' last 25, they are 19-6. Also a good record, no doubt. And who did they lose to? Orlando (twice), Spurs, Hornets, Miami, and ?Sacramento. Five of their six losses came to playoff bound teams - no big mystery there. Everybody struggles against the better teams, even the other good teams. That's why so many playoff series go to 6 or 7 games.

And for the dumbass Sons fan... your loser team has gone 13-12 over the last 25 games. That just-barely-below-.500 crap might almost get you an 8 seed in the East. But in the West, you might as well get your "Gone Fishing" pictures ready.

actually it would be barely above .500, but yeah Suns fans are flippin ignorant and act like special needs people. their concept of reality is about is as good as a night of karaoke with a bunch of American Idol rejects.

HORNSWOGGLE
01-25-2009, 12:31 PM
Your sig kicks ass........

lol I thought someone might like it

jn77
01-25-2009, 12:56 PM
I Agree with this fan...

Chumps!

Don't you wish you had a "middle of the pack" team to follow. The Suns are the punchline of the West this year. There are high school teams that would own them at this point.

The Phoenix Suns..where early playoff exits happen.

GSH
01-25-2009, 01:02 PM
actually it would be barely above .500, but yeah Suns fans are flippin ignorant and act like special needs people. their concept of reality is about is as good as a night of karaoke with a bunch of American Idol rejects.

Sorry... that was a typo. They are 12-13 over the last 25 games, which is just below .500. Math I can do, typing not so much somtimes.

The Suns are history. But even when they were at their peak, they were a constant reminder that championships aren't won during the regular season.