PDA

View Full Version : btw, Margarito got KO'd!!!!

2centsworth
01-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Sugar Shane Mosley looked better than ever. I thought Shane was going to wear down, but he seemed to get meaner as the rounds wore on. Margarito, as always, took some horrific shots but eventually it caught up with him and he went down for the first time ever.

Shane looked scary good.

IronMexican
01-25-2009, 11:48 AM
No knock on Shane cause he had sa great fight, but you could tell Margo didn't train all that hard for this one. He thought he had the fight before it even started.

cornbread
01-25-2009, 11:55 AM
Margorito took some of the hardest punches I've ever seen anybody take. Shane looked awesome.

2centsworth
01-25-2009, 12:14 PM
No knock on Shane cause he had sa great fight, but you could tell Margo didn't train all that hard for this one. He thought he had the fight before it even started.

gotta disagree with you about Margaritos training. He looked like he was in tremendous shape. Plus, he had all the incentive/dollar signs in the world to fight for. I think maybe taking the brass knuckles out of his gloves maybe made a difference.

TheTruth
01-25-2009, 12:25 PM
Margorito took some of the hardest punches I've ever seen anybody take. Shane looked awesome.

Yeah, Shane was laying some bombs on Margarito. Totally took me by surprise. I figured Margarito would hold that belt for a while. :toast to Shane. He provided a huge boost to his legacy with this win.

IronMexican
01-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Who does Shane fight next? Pacman or Mayweather?

2centsworth
01-25-2009, 12:36 PM
Who does Shane fight next? Pacman or Mayweather?

the money is in Pacman. I'll never watch another Mayweather event, waste of money.

Whisky Dog
01-25-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm not a Mosely fan at all, but he fought a damn good, calculated fight. The difference in the fight was Mosely was able to lead with his left jab or land a lead right combo then hold and tie up to keep Margarito from landing back. Damn good strategy since the red was too big of a pussy to start deducting points for holding. If the ref from the Berto - Collazo bout did this one Mosely probably would have been in more trouble.

baseline bum
01-25-2009, 08:08 PM
the money is in Pacman. I'll never watch another Mayweather event, waste of money.

I don't know about that. Manny moving up in weight to fight a way past his prime Oscar is one thing, but I can't see him wanting Mosley.

mexicanjunior
01-25-2009, 09:16 PM
I was shocked by the outcome of this fight. Shane looked terrific and Magerito looked like he took this fight for granted. Once Margerito realized he wasn't fast enough to keep up with Mosely, he really got discouraged. It reminded me alot of how Juan Diaz lost to Nate Campbell. Props to Antonio for not quitting on the stool (like Oscar) after he was just about out on his feet after the 7th. A Mosley - Berto fight could be on the horizon...

peewee's lovechild
01-25-2009, 09:27 PM
Shane really kicked some ass.

I expected Margarito to win, but Shane fought like he did 10-15 years ago.

I would like to see a Mosley-Paquiao fight.

That would be a damn good fight right there.

BacktoBasics
01-26-2009, 03:53 PM
I wouldn't mind a rematch.

milkyway21
01-29-2009, 04:01 AM
I wouldn't mind a rematch.
that won't happen soon.. Margarito's license suspended right now...

SACRAMENTO, California (AFP) - - Mexico's Antonio Margarito had his California boxing license suspended following complaints about the way his hands were wrapped prior to Saturday's title fight against Shane Mosley.

The California State Athletic Commission announced the suspension of Margarito and his corner man Javier Capetillo on Wednesday.

Mosley's trainer Nazim Richardson complained to the commission after noticing a foreign substance on Margarito's hands during a pre-fight inspection.

The 30-year-old Margarito had to have his hands re-wrapped three times during the inspection.

Mosley engineered a nine-round demolition of Margarito, who was making the first defence of his welterweight title he won six months earlier by beating Miguel Cotto.

Wet pads were found in Margarito's wraps, which were compared to a plaster-like substance, and given to Dean Lohuis of the California Boxing Commission for further study.

The substance found in the wraps is being analyzed by the California Department of Justice. It also raises questions about his victory over Cotto.

An initial hearing on the matter is scheduled for February 10.

The former champ was knocked out for the first time in his career in the loss to Mosley at the Staples Center arena.

2centsworth
01-29-2009, 01:39 PM
heard that plaster would harden into a cast. dude was hitting people with the equivalent of brass knuckles IMO. It's no shock that his punches against Shane look no where as strong as they did against Cotto.

If this is true and margarito is penalized, he's going to jump to the top of my douche bag list.

TheTruth
01-29-2009, 02:06 PM
heard that plaster would harden into a cast. dude was hitting people with the equivalent of brass knuckles IMO. It's no shock that his punches against Shane look no where as strong as they did against Cotto.

If this is true and margarito is penalized, he's going to jump to the top of my douche bag list.

+1

I was surprised when he beat Cotto so thoroughly, but this makes it more believable.

Whisky Dog
01-30-2009, 03:39 AM
Damn, I was a big margarito fan but it's looking like the guy's a cheater. So sad.