PDA

View Full Version : so far FTA: LA 24 Spurs 11

cool hand
01-25-2009, 05:37 PM
the NBA its CORRUPTIC.

Kori Ellis
01-25-2009, 05:38 PM
:lol

The Spurs haven't penetrated enough to get to the line. There's no conspiracy on this one.

Spurminator
01-25-2009, 05:40 PM
Let me let you in on a little secret. Close games are better for ratings than blowouts. If the NBA was really involved in skewing the calls for its own business benefit, they'd be calling every touch foul on the Lakers right now to keep the Spurs in the game. Because right now people are changing the channel and that's not good for the NBA.

Use your head.

HarlemHeat37
01-25-2009, 05:40 PM
refs have been fine..they just badly outplayed us today, as hard as it is to say..

Ghazi
01-25-2009, 05:41 PM
Spurs are 30th in the league in FTA's. Lakers re up there.

baseline bum
01-25-2009, 05:41 PM
Spurs shoot too many fucking threes and can't do shit on defense today. Pretty hard to win the FT battle both giving up and not making plays inside.

Kobe™
01-25-2009, 05:42 PM
Make those wide open shots.

Spurs Brazil
01-25-2009, 05:43 PM
Make those wide open shots.

True

z0sa
01-25-2009, 05:44 PM
refs were NOT fine, very biased game at least early on, Mason and Bonner's first two fouls were priceless and clearly designed to disrupt the flow of our two most key role players and shooters.

The refs are nowhere near the whole reason for this pisspoor game, but the reality is, they have a good chunk of it because of their incredulously subject calling. Why call the Spurs only goddamn touch fouls on one end and then allow the Lakers to play very physical?

I don't see how any spur fan can disagree the refs were clearly looking to call touch fouls early and get the Spurs in the bonus, minimum.

NRHector
01-25-2009, 06:04 PM
refs were NOT fine, very biased game at least early on, Mason and Bonner's first two fouls were priceless and clearly designed to disrupt the flow of our two most key role players and shooters.

The refs are nowhere near the whole reason for this pisspoor game, but the reality is, they have a good chunk of it because of their incredulously subject calling. Why call the Spurs only goddamn touch fouls on one end and then allow the Lakers to play very physical?

I don't see how any spur fan can disagree the refs were clearly looking to call touch fouls early and get the Spurs in the bonus, minimum.I agree with you 100% the ref controled the tempo of the game at the begining and the spurs never had a chance to get them going but of course it was lakers so they had to win, with roger on the bench that's what I called neutralizing the enemy:flag:

spurster
01-25-2009, 06:10 PM
Spurs fouled too much and were cold at the 3-point line -> loss.

Biggems
01-25-2009, 06:17 PM
I dont mind the disparity in FTs, especially since the Spurs were living on the perimeter.

I do get mad when Gasol is being treated like a demi-God and you cant get near him without a foul being called.....and on the other end, he is allowed to hack away without a whistle being blown. Hell, Kobe does get the love from the refs that Gasol has gotten since he became a Laker. It is sickening. So other than Gasol's special treatment, I have no issue with how this game was called.