PDA

View Full Version : Enough with the Bonner Experiment already!!!

scanry
01-25-2009, 05:39 PM
:bang:bang:bang

God are we seeing the real bone head against the elite teams.

We need Oberto in the line up asap. We're lacking size and the frustrating Duncan was really evident today.

I've never seen Duncan so pissed at a player like he was with Bonner today. :bang:bang:bang:bang

z0sa
01-25-2009, 05:40 PM
Bonner didn't do anything wrong but miss some open looks .. guess you'd better be pissed at Mason as well.

Spurs Brazil
01-25-2009, 05:41 PM
Bonner choking again on a big game on the road is not a good sign but Oberto and Thomas are playing as bad as him

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-25-2009, 05:41 PM
Putting in Oberto for Bonner doesn't help the size factor much, if at all.

ducks
01-25-2009, 05:43 PM
booner second highest field goal % 3 point shooter in the nba

scanry
01-25-2009, 05:44 PM
Bonner didn't do anything wrong but miss some open looks .. guess you'd better be pissed at Mason as well.

Wake up and see how the Lakers abused him.

BTW we ain't going to beat the Lakers without any Defense, and Bonner sucks at that.

xtremesteven33
01-25-2009, 05:45 PM
Pop knows he needs to make a trade. If Bynum wasnt as good as he is, i know Pop wouldnt feel he needs to make a trade.....but with Bynum playing very well he knows he needs another big who can either be long enough to outrebound/outdefend him or a big that can post up.

Spurs Brazil
01-25-2009, 05:45 PM
booner second highest field goal % 3 point shooter in the nba

It doesn't matter if he can't hit in big games

ducks
01-25-2009, 05:46 PM
this was not a must win game

playoffs are

z0sa
01-25-2009, 05:46 PM
Wake up and see how the Lakers abused him.

BTW we ain't going to beat the Lakers without any Defense, and Bonner sucks at that.

wake up and see how meaningless any point you tried to make is when you think Oberto is the answer .. :lol

we need a big man who is athletic and defend, but we don't need to give up Bonner for one, especially when in reality we already have one named Ian mahinmi

scanry
01-25-2009, 05:48 PM

Not just big games, but against 0.500% teams in general. The guy has no D in his DNA and no wonder we suck at D this year.

ducks
01-25-2009, 05:48 PM
are you going to force horry out of retirement?

djohn14
01-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Its not really what Bonner did wrong, but its hwat he didnt do right. You cant have a center get 2 rebounds...ever.

Ditty
we need marcus camby so bad please get tid of splitter if we got too

scanry
wake up and see how meaningless any point you tried to make is when you think Oberto is the answer .. :lol

we need a big man who is athletic and defend, but we don't need to give up Bonner for one, especially when in reality we already have one named Ian mahinmi

I'm not saying Oberto is the answer, but atleast with Oberto we'll have his hustle and no stupid fouls.

MarHill
01-25-2009, 05:50 PM
I agree that Bonner experiment should end..especially against a team like the Lakers.

They need Kurt Thomas toughness against the Lakers instead of Oberto.

01-25-2009, 05:50 PM

his entire function is to hit open shots. and rebound. he has 2 rebounds in 21 minutes. that's why he is in the game, to hit open shots and rebound. when he does neither, of course people are upset because he's practically useless. he is a liability on defense as well. mason has shown he can play big games and perform at a high level. bonner doesn't get much slack because he hasn't proven himself yet.

scanry
01-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Its not really what Bonner did wrong, but its hwat he didnt do right. You cant have a center get 2 rebounds...ever.

Exactly what i wanted to say. As bad as Bonner is on the offense, he's far worse on the D.

We just don't have size and atleast Oberto mans up against Gasol. Bonner on the other hand can't do that and Gasol abused him silly.

BTW Udoka stinks.

z0sa
01-25-2009, 05:53 PM
his entire function is to hit open shots. and rebound. he has 2 rebounds in 21 minutes. that's why he is in the game, to hit open shots and rebound. when he does neither, of course people are upset because he's practically useless. he is a liability on defense as well. mason has shown he can play big games and perform at a high level. bonner doesn't get much slack because he hasn't proven himself yet.

Somehow Mason's proven himself because he hit a couple gamewinners in the regular season?

This game means nothing more than another L on the charts, and may be a wake up call the Spurs and Pop need. The Spurs FO is probably going to make a trade and Bonner is probably going to be in it, so everyone should just STFU and be glad the Spurs got beaten by LA since evryone hates Bonner so much. He will probably be gone soon.

Which everyone is going to regret when all they do is pack the paint on Tim and parker and we get our asses handed to us ..

scanry
01-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Look at the Lakers scrubs. :wow:wow:wow

Vujabitch, Farmar, Vlad, Ariza. :wow:wow:wow

EricB
01-25-2009, 05:56 PM

Way to make your sample size on this one game. Fits the irrational bonner hate though.

JsnSA
01-25-2009, 05:58 PM
I hope we do manage to move Bonner. I like him and have been impressed with his improvement this season. That being said I do not believe he has the stones to play well in the Playoffs when it really matters.

If he is still on our Roster come the playoffs I fully expect Matt to choke in the close games.

picnroll
01-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Bonner is a pathetic excuse for a starter or even first big off the bench for any supposed contending team.

ducks
01-25-2009, 05:59 PM
booner spaces the floor
some reason he was off today
mason was to
manu was to
hey started hot and never made another one

Spurs Brazil
01-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Way to make your sample size on this one game. Fits the irrational bonner hate though.

Hornets game

scanry
Somehow Mason's proven himself because he hit a couple gamewinners in the regular season?

This game means nothing more than another L on the charts, and may be a wake up call the Spurs and Pop need. The Spurs FO is probably going to make a trade and Bonner is probably going to be in it, so everyone should just STFU and be glad the Spurs got beaten by LA since evryone hates Bonner so much. He will probably be gone soon.

Which everyone is going to regret when all they do is pack the paint on Tim and parker and we get our asses handed to us ..

All they do??? :bang:bang:bang

Moron that got us 4 championships....

ducks
Bonner is a pathetic excuse for a starter or even first big off the bench for any supposed contending team.

pathetic? he is second best in shooting three's
I guess that sucks

z0sa
01-25-2009, 06:01 PM
All they do??? :bang:bang:bang

Moron that got us 4 championships....

did you understand my post?

Quiet Strength
I'm not saying Oberto is the answer, but atleast with Oberto we'll have his hustle and no stupid fouls.

Oberto did help the spurs win the championship in 07. He's more deserving than bonner is to be starting so I totally agree with you.

Austin_Toros

We need Oberto in the line up asap. We're lacking size and the frustrating Duncan was really evident today.

I've never seen Duncan so pissed at a player like he was with Bonner today. :bang:bang:bang:bang

Oberto stinks. end of story.

bonner in the lineup is probably the best we got, although nothing too flash.

if anything Thomas should be starting. NOT Oberto

picnroll
01-25-2009, 06:02 PM
I guess that sucks

Outstanding. What else does he do? He's one of the top five worst starting bigs in the league.

InK
01-25-2009, 06:03 PM

I agree with this shit.

xtremesteven33
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2774~687&teams=20~24&te=&cash=

do it pop

scanry
I guess that sucks

Making dousies against scrub teams will never get you far.

Let's see. Bonner plays great against Minnesota, Clippers, Grizzlies, Thunder, Pacers & the other scrub teams but gets embarrassed against the quality teams. :rolleyes

slayermin
01-25-2009, 06:04 PM
Outstanding. What else does he do? He's one of the top five worst starting bigs in the league.

Bonner is physical and he hustles. He had a bad shooting day. It happens.

He makes the Spurs offense so much much better than Oberto, it's not even close.

Spurminator
01-25-2009, 06:04 PM
Bonner has done a nice job as a starter in most games but I don't think he has the mental toughness to consistently play at his best in the Playoffs or in big games. This is crucial against the Lakers because Phil Jackson will leave you open regardless of what your shooting % is. It's almost a sort of psychological defense. It causes the weak minded to lose confidence in themselves.

How many times have we lost to the Lakers this decade and said, "Man if we had just hit our open shots..."

ducks
01-25-2009, 06:05 PM

most bigs can only do one thing well
not many bigs in nba can do two things well

Spurs Brazil
01-25-2009, 06:05 PM
Bonner has done a nice job as a starter in most games but I don't think he has the mental toughness to play at his best in the Playoffs or in big games. This is crucial against the Lakers because Phil Jackson will leave you open regardless of what your shooting % is. It's almost a sort of psychological defense. It causes the weak minded to lose confidence in themselves.

How many times have we lost to the Lakers this decade and said, "Man if we had just hit our open shots..."

That's what I think too. I think Bonner is doing a fine job this season but in 2 big games on the road, Hornets and Lakers, he choked

ducks
01-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Making dousies against scrub teams will never get you far.

Let's see. Bonner plays great against Minnesota, Clippers, Grizzlies, Thunder, Pacers & the other scrub teams but gets embarrassed against the quality teams. :rolleyes

all shooters shot worse against better defensive teams

ducks
01-25-2009, 06:06 PM
That's what I think too. I think Bonner is doing a fine job this season but in 2 big games on the road, Hornets and Lakers, he choked

manu choked today then to

ManuTP9
01-25-2009, 06:07 PM
I would love to see Camby or Anthony Randolph by Timmy, Oberto and Bonner arnet doing the job.

ducks
When your center is the 3 point king it's fucking bullshit. I don't want a center shooting 3's like he's Kerr.

he is not really the center duncan is
he is the power forward

Quiet Strength

The spurs as a team choked.

ducks
I would love to see Camby or Anthony Randolph by Timmy, Oberto and Bonner arnet doing the job.

what can camby do
he can not score
his d is overrated
even nugget fan poster post here camby is overrated on d

scanry
01-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Oberto stinks. end of story.

bonner in the lineup is probably the best we got, although nothing too flash.

if anything Thomas should be starting. NOT Oberto

Anything would be an upgrade.

People never had a problem with Horry & Duncan, and that's because Horry wouldn't jack up shot after shot when he's having an off-nite. And Horry was a great hustler & a great defender.

And when we needed a shot in a critical game, he would somehow make a shot. :wow:wow

God i miss Horry & Nazr. :toast

Spurs Brazil
01-25-2009, 06:08 PM

Manu played today like he's benn playing all season, up and down

During the whole season Bonner is making the open shots and today he missed like the Hornets game

ducks
01-25-2009, 06:09 PM

so why call out only booner if the whole team choked?

ducks
01-25-2009, 06:10 PM
Manu played today like he's benn playing all season, up and down

During the whole season Bonner is making the open shots and today he missed like the Hornets game

so manu can up and down but booner can not

but gets paid twice as much a game as booner

nice logic

Quiet Strength

I didn't just call out bonner.

scanry

When hasn't Manu choked this year. Apart from 3-4 games, Manu has been terrible with his stupid turnovers & his shot selection.

Just hope we'll have the 2003-2007 Manu come playoffs time. :wow

Spurs Brazil
01-25-2009, 06:11 PM

I'm not calling Bonner. I think Bonner is our best option at C but when he can't shot in 2 big games on the road it's time to worry

ducks
01-25-2009, 06:11 PM
I'm not calling Bonner. I think Bonner is our best option at C but when he can't shot in 2 big games on the road it's time to worry

lets see after this roadtrip
then decide ok

SpursPreacher
01-25-2009, 06:12 PM
Why just blame bonner when the team shot 37 percent.Everybody was bricking tonight.

InK
01-25-2009, 06:16 PM

I actually wouldnt say Bonner chocked. He is what he is, and what he is against quality was shown again today. Dead end.

picnroll
01-25-2009, 06:16 PM
Helping Bonner cover on D by doubling is killing the Spurs. He's spot 3 shooter who when he isn't hitting isn't doing jack. That's a role player, not a starter or key player.

kace
01-25-2009, 06:18 PM
i wouldn't worry about Bonner 3 shooting. all we are asking him is to shoot the open 3's, so what's the difference if these open 3 are against LA or against OKC ? an open shot is an open shot. he only had a bad night from the 3 pt line, as manu and mason had.

His inability to rebound against athletic bigs is way more annoying.

scanry
01-25-2009, 06:19 PM
Helping Bonner cover on D by doubling is killing the Spurs. He's spot 3 shooter who when he isn't hitting isn't doing jack. That's a role player, not a starter or key player.

I don't know why they did that in the 3rd quarter. They just killed us and the game was pretty much done at that point.

BTW without Bonner, we were able to hang on with the Lakers in the 1st half and that was very encouraging.

01-25-2009, 06:23 PM
bonner shoots like a guard. rebounds like a G/SF, handles the ball like a center and has the slowness of a center. if he had quickness and mobility, he would make a very good SF. but he's a guard/forward stuck in PF/C's body.

vander
01-25-2009, 06:25 PM

so which player WAS hitting their shots in this "big game"

I can't believe there are idiots who would pin this thrashing on a role player and one of the bright spots on the Spurs this year.

Our big three are Duncan Manu and TP in case anyone needs reminding, and they got worked today, Bonner making 1 or 2 more of his shots would not have fixed that. and Manu was the least effective of the big 3 out there once again, as has been the case just about all season. remind me, which one are we paying 10+ mil to for being a star player and stepping up in big games? Bonner or Manu?

but no, it's all Bonner's fault, the guy who leads the team in +/- on the year.

timvp
01-25-2009, 06:28 PM
Bonner has done a nice job as a starter in most games but I don't think he has the mental toughness to consistently play at his best in the Playoffs or in big games. This is crucial against the Lakers because Phil Jackson will leave you open regardless of what your shooting % is. It's almost a sort of psychological defense. It causes the weak minded to lose confidence in themselves.

How many times have we lost to the Lakers this decade and said, "Man if we had just hit our open shots..."Truth.

I want to believe in Bonner but games like today's really illustrate his shortcomings. The worst of which being he's simply not a big game player. It's a victory with Bonner if he plays an average game against a good team. On the road against a good team? You just hope he doesn't lay a massive egg.

Hopefully he magically loses his choke-ish ways but I'm not exactly holding my breath . . .

Spurs Brazil
01-25-2009, 06:28 PM
so which player WAS hitting their shots in this "big game"

I can't believe there are idiots who would pin this thrashing on a role player and one of the bright spots on the Spurs this year.

Our big three are Duncan Manu and TP in case anyone needs reminding, and they got worked today, Bonner making 1 or 2 more of his shots would not have fixed that. and Manu was the least effective of the big 3 out there once again, as has been the case just about all season. remind me, which one are we paying 10+ mil to for being a star player and stepping up in big games? Bonner or Manu?

but no, it's all Bonner's fault, the guy who leads the team in +/- on the year.

I will say again. I think Bonner is doing a good job this season but I wanted to see how he'd play in big games and so far he didn't play well. He missed shots he makes the whole season.

The big 3 + Bruce and Mason proved they can hit in big games. I didn't see Bonner doing that so far

slayermin
01-25-2009, 06:31 PM
Spurs were 5-23 from three. I haven't checked yet but that's gotta be their worst shooting day of the year. They missed a bunch of open looks.

Like it or not, our team is built around the three point shot. I don't think starting Oberto is the answer. If we get a talented big on the level of Bynum and Gasol, that would be great. But if we don't, we need Bonner for the extra offense, imo.

vander
01-25-2009, 06:34 PM
The big 3 + Bruce and Mason proved they can hit in big games. I didn't see Bonner doing that so far

they really haven't, they may have done it a couple of times in the distant past, but they haven't shown that they can do it going forward.

SequSpur
01-25-2009, 06:43 PM
booner spaces the floor
some reason he was off today
mason was to
manu was to
hey started hot and never made another one

you're a fukin duncecap.

bonner fuckin blows and should not be playing at all.

scanry
01-25-2009, 06:46 PM
you're a fukin duncecap.

bonner fuckin blows and should not be playing at all.

I agree with the short one!! :toast

ploto
01-25-2009, 06:49 PM
Pop knows he needs to make a trade. If Bynum wasnt as good as he is, i know Pop wouldnt feel he needs to make a trade.....but with Bynum playing very well he knows he needs another big who can either be long enough to outrebound/outdefend him or a big that can post up.

The Spurs usually build their team to face who they believe will be their toughest opponent. When it was the Lakers of Shaq, they got Rasho. Then Shaq went East and Dallas gave them fits, and they went for smaller, more perimeter oriented big men like Bonner. I think it is now apparent that to get an NBA title, one must consider the Lakers and their big men of Gasol and Bynum. Starting Bonner just is not going to cut it. The only hope against the Lakers with the team as it is now constructed is to start Thomas.

ducks
01-25-2009, 07:01 PM
so manu for diaw?

ClingingMars
01-25-2009, 07:03 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2774~687&teams=20~24&te=&cash=

do it pop

good trade.

beachwood
01-25-2009, 07:03 PM

Oberto should never play again. Ever. He's horrible and I don't care if he's from Argentina.

MarHill
01-25-2009, 07:09 PM
The Spurs usually build their team to face who they believe will be their toughest opponent. When it was the Lakers of Shaq, they got Rasho. Then Shaq went East and Dallas gave them fits, and they went for smaller, more perimeter oriented big men like Bonner. I think it is now apparent that to get an NBA title, one must consider the Lakers and their big men of Gasol and Bynum. Starting Bonner just is not going to cut it. The only hope against the Lakers with the team as it is now constructed is to start Thomas.

Another good point...ploto!!

I've been posting that today as well. KT needs to start when they play the Lakers. His toughness inside will help against Bynum and he can hit the pick-n-pop!!

EricB
01-25-2009, 07:24 PM
Hornets game

Mavericks game

EricB
01-25-2009, 07:28 PM
they really haven't, they may have done it a couple of times in the distant past, but they haven't shown that they can do it going forward.

What team have u been watching the past few years...

Russ
01-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Full Scoreboard

Sat, Jan 24

F.Elson 34:36 5-11 0-0 0-2 +6 6 6 12 2 4 5 2 2 0 10

Ten points and twelve boards for Elson last night.

senorglory
01-25-2009, 07:35 PM
Your center is the 2nd best 3 point shooter in the game... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes, who ever heard of a successful team with a three point shooting center?

Laimbeer was one of the top outside-shooting centers of his era, draining over 200 three pointers for his career, and excelled at running the pick and roll with guards Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumars. Then-head coach Chuck Daly utilized Laimbeer's skills by having him fade to the perimeter rather than roll to the basket.
-- from Wikipedia (so you know it's 100% accurate, unbiased, and not plagiarized.)

Russ
01-25-2009, 07:46 PM

Laimbeer was one of the top outside-shooting centers of his era, draining over 200 three pointers for his career, and excelled at running the pick and roll with guards Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumars. Then-head coach Chuck Daly utilized Laimbeer's skills by having him fade to the perimeter rather than roll to the basket.
-- from Wikipedia (so you know it's 100% accurate, unbiased, and not plagiarized.)

Comparing Laimbeer and Bonner is like comparing Hitler and Pee Wee Herman.

Spursone
01-25-2009, 07:48 PM
:bang Somebody help me...........Has anyone ever seen Bonner Post Up? I don't think he realizes he is a big man. PATHETIC!:bang

InK
01-25-2009, 07:49 PM

Yeah, and Bonner has a huge advantage over Laimbeer casue he doesnt even need to "fade to the perimeter". I say that is beeing economical, oh and Bonner is going to get 100 3pt this season alone if he continues with the current pace. He is so good its freaky silly

senorglory
01-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Comparing Laimbeer and Bonner is like comparing Hitler and Pee Wee Herman.

HaHa! Noone's comparing Bonner to Laimbeer, but I like it so much, I will from now on, objective facts be damned.

-Bonner is the new Laimbeer!-

daslicer
01-25-2009, 08:01 PM
If Bonner was Laimbeer I think the spurs would be set but unfortunately he is not. If he was Laimbeer he would have gotten Bynum and Gasol tossed out of the game. Bonner does have the confidence or the nastyness to be compared to Laimbeer.

senorglory
01-25-2009, 08:14 PM
If Bonner was Laimbeer I think the spurs would be set but unfortunately he is not. If he was Laimbeer he would have gotten Bynum and Gasol tossed out of the game. Bonner does have the confidence or the nastyness to be compared to Laimbeer.

Seriously, noone in this thread is comparing Bonner to Laimbeer, least of all me, and I posted the Laimbeer blurb from wikipedia. I was responding only to the broad assertion that a center shooting threes was categorically wrong, by citing an example of a team that had success with a three point shooting center. Some cretin posted a 'haha spurs suck' type post, and my post was a 'go fuck yourself' type response.

Nevertheless, because it's funny,

-Bonner is the new Laimbeer!-

objective
01-25-2009, 10:09 PM
What's it matter if Bonner plays over Thomas or Oberto? None of them are good enough to help the Spurs win the title at this point of their careers in today's NBA.

The Spurs aren't in the uppermost tier of teams playing any of those guys major minutes, they just aren't talented enough.

The chances of a title became near zero without catastrophic injuries to other contenders once Splitter stabbed them in the back. The only sliver of hope was that Mahinmi would be able to give something next to Duncan but all Mahinmi has done is prove that he's made out of glass. And not even normal glass, but candy glass.

And there's no realistic trades on the horizon that could change anything either. Just the way it is.

m33p0
01-25-2009, 10:19 PM
you would rather have oberto instead of bonner, is that right?
:wakeup

ElNono
01-25-2009, 10:31 PM
It's what I call the Horry effect. Pop fell in love with the big who can space the floor, and also guard on the low block. The difference is that Horry still had some gas in the tank the first couple of years he played for us, and he was 10x the defender, and had 10x the basketball IQ Bonner has. What ends up happening is that it doubles the pressure on Duncan both on the offensive and defensive end. In offense, because he's the only low post scorer (even more so when the lane is closed like today) and on defense because Bonner simply gets flat out abused by most of the elite bigs in the league. Now, at this point Bonner is probably the best we have. Thomas can defend better than him in the low post, but offensively he's only have that middle range jumper that's easy to get under control. And Oberto is even worse offense wise, and while he's more of a banger than Matt, he's just too impaired offensively and can't get a rebound to save his life.
Then again, when Bonner's shot is on, we're a tough team to beat. What is unnerving is that a guy like Bonner is the wedge between being very good or just above average.

SenorSpur
01-26-2009, 12:17 AM

Re-inserting the "mad tapper" back in the starting lineup will yield no benefits whatsoever.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-26-2009, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the laugh ducks.

Bonner single handedly killed any chance the Spurs had today. Four bricks at the end of the second quarter, then he came out and played like ass the first 8 minutes of the third while Pau and Bynum took turns clowning on him.

The Spurs will not win the west, much less an NBA title, with this sorry sack of shit starting at 'center'.

mrspurs
01-26-2009, 12:30 AM
Bonner choking again on a big game on the road is not a good sign but Oberto and Thomas are playing as bad as him

Agreed.

SequSpur
01-26-2009, 12:35 AM

Bonner single handedly killed any chance the Spurs had today. Four bricks at the end of the second quarter, then he came out and played like ass the first 8 minutes of the third while Pau and Bynum took turns clowning on him.

The Spurs will not win the west, much less an NBA title, with this sorry sack of shit starting at 'center'.

yeah, but ginobili can still win the game with 3 minutes left. Why didn't Pop put him in?

slayermin
01-26-2009, 01:09 AM
What's it matter if Bonner plays over Thomas or Oberto? None of them are good enough to help the Spurs win the title at this point of their careers in today's NBA.

The Spurs aren't in the uppermost tier of teams playing any of those guys major minutes, they just aren't talented enough.

The chances of a title became near zero without catastrophic injuries to other contenders once Splitter stabbed them in the back. The only sliver of hope was that Mahinmi would be able to give something next to Duncan but all Mahinmi has done is prove that he's made out of glass. And not even normal glass, but candy glass.

And there's no realistic trades on the horizon that could change anything either. Just the way it is.

So true. I guess I hold on to the hope Bonner continues on his three point tear and becomes a cold blooded killer in the 4th quarter. Probably a pipe dream but I would sure love to see it. Still plenty of games left to sharpen up his game.

WalterBenitez
01-26-2009, 10:41 AM
This morning a brick went down in my backyard, I was wondering if Bonner was in the neigborhood :(

Indazone
01-26-2009, 11:21 AM
Against the Lakers, the Spurs should put their biggest lineup in the game. Play them Utah Jazz style and foul the crap outta them. That means putting Oberto at Center, Duncan at PF, and Bonner and Bowen can swap time at Small Forward. You put Ginobili and Parker at the guards and you have a winner. Bonner can go out and stretch the defenses to hit the three pointers if the Lakers try to collapse their defense in the lane. You have got to play the Lakers physical. Their front line is pretty physical too but Gasol doesn't like to take a hit. I think Bynum is pretty much a work in progress so hitting him might rattle him a bit. Kobe, you gotta just give him his points. You want to force Kobe into taking 35 shots as long as they are long jumpers.

Bonner could be to the Spurs what AK-47 is to the Jazz.

vander
01-26-2009, 11:35 AM
What team have u been watching the past few years...

unfortunately we won't be able to use those versions of the spurs this year, just because a player was able to do something at one point in his career doesn't guarantee it in the future. I haven't seen any of our big three play great consistently against the great teams in the league this year.

vander
01-26-2009, 11:39 AM

yep, Manu TP and Duncan can't be blamed, It's up to Bonner to win the tough games. he's our go to guy, our anchor, game-changer, now when does he get his max contract?

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-26-2009, 11:49 AM
The Spurs won't beat LA with the current 3-headed monster we have at center without some divine intervention.

z0sa
01-26-2009, 11:52 AM
yep, Manu TP and Duncan can't be blamed, It's up to Bonner to win the tough games. he's our go to guy, our anchor, game-changer, now when does he get his max contract?

+1

The post you quoted was extremely full of fail. Citing a ten minute period where we went from losing to losing badly is our 6th option's fault?

nkdlunch
01-26-2009, 12:00 PM
Trade bonner, udoka, oberto, croshere for Marcus Camby!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1996~167~2805~866~125&teams=12~12~12~12~24&te=&cash=

Solid D
01-27-2009, 10:33 PM
rX7wtNOkuHo

ducks
01-27-2009, 10:35 PM
give booner tell the end of this roadtrip...

bonner and mason oone bad game one good game
booner unreal against jazz

Spurminator
01-27-2009, 10:43 PM
Bonner is streaky. When he hits a few he plays with house money and shoots without a care. It's when he misses a few that he plays nervous and becomes useless.

The Jazz respect his shot and he's feeling really good about himself tonight. Phil Jackson treats him like a non factor and Bonner lets that get to his head.

ducks
01-27-2009, 10:54 PM
and manu is not?

3 good games scoring 3 bad games

Spurminator
01-27-2009, 11:30 PM
and manu is not?

3 good games scoring 3 bad games

When did I say anything about Manu? Are you high?

Solid D
rX7wtNOkuHo

+1

Did I just +1 myself?

ducks
higher then you

scanry
01-27-2009, 11:36 PM
I probably need to eat some of this....

http://jonreid.blogs.com/oneanother/eat-crow.jpg

However the elite teams just punk him,so i wouldn't eat the whole thing until i see him step up against the elite teams.

Spurologist
01-27-2009, 11:40 PM
Yeah i always thought the Jazz were a lottery team. :rolleyes

Kori Ellis
01-27-2009, 11:41 PM
Bonner says STFU Spurstalk.

z0sa
01-27-2009, 11:43 PM
Bonner is not going to miss a bunch of wide open shots against LA - I promise you Phil won't leave him open long in a 7 game series, because he's just too good of a shooter. You don't have to be clutch to nail wide open shots throughout the first 45 minutes of a game, and if he's doing that he'll be spreading the floor for Tim every possession they're in.

If he improves his defense earlier in possessions, with more ball denial mixed in on Bynum, Bynum will not have an easy time. He was working for his 15 on Sunday, I doubt he even averages double digits in a 7 game series.

yavozerb
01-27-2009, 11:44 PM
If there was ever a time to trade bonner, this is it. Never again will his trade value probably be this high.

daslicer
01-27-2009, 11:48 PM
I feel right now the spurs situation is similar to what the 94-95 bulls were which is they are a player short of regaining their championship form. The bulls had no legit PF that year and were taken advantage by the elite teams that had legit PFs and that was even the case when MJ came back. Despite beink weak at the position they were still a very tough team to beat and lost a tightly contested six games to the Magic that year but in the end their glaring weakness is what did them in. I see a similar situationa rising for the spurs this year if they aren't able to make a trade to get a solid bigman to help Duncan out. The spurs will be good like tonight but come playoff time they will just fall short of being good enough due to their bad center rotation.