PDA

View Full Version : who knew the playoffs started today?

Laker Lanny
01-25-2009, 07:35 PM
I am a die hard Laker fan and I am smart enough to know no regular season win or loss makes or breaks a team. I remember the year the Spurs won a Championship we beat you guys real good during the regular season so why would this season be any different?

And who is to say the Lakers will even meet the spurs in the playoffs? We could lose to the Suns you guys could lose to the Hornets.

My GOD people what is in the water in San Antonio? I have not seen this kind of back stabbing towards Pop and his players since the old days when Shaq and Kobe were having their bitch fest and cost us the championship.

Our whole town was in an uproar we wanted a new coach and to trade Kobe.But look at us now. Things can change, what will happen if we lose 7 straight games and you guys win 7 straight? It's to Dam early to see this website go through a meltdown of biblical proportions.
Sac up San Antonio where is your loyalty?

who knew the playoffs started today?

ElNono
01-25-2009, 07:40 PM
I'm not really worked up about this specific loss. I think we just need to be better defensively, and I think we've been in previous years (if my memory serves well). I think that's basically the point of contention right now. I don't think the Lakers have a lot to do with it.

lurker23
01-25-2009, 07:41 PM
I am a die hard Laker fan and I am smart enough to know no regular season win or loss makes or breaks a team. I remember the year the Spurs won a Championship we beat you guys real good during the regular season so why would this season be any different?

And who is to say the Lakers will even meet the spurs in the playoffs? We could lose to the Suns you guys could lose to the Hornets.

My GOD people what is in the water in San Antonio? I have not seen this kind of back stabbing towards Pop and his players since the old days when Shaq and Kobe were having their bitch fest and cost us the championship.

Our whole town was in an uproar we wanted a new coach and to trade Kobe.But look at us now. Things can change, what will happen if we lose 7 straight games and you guys win 7 straight? It's to Dam early to see this website go through a meltdown of biblical proportions.

:tu

Well said. Step away from the guns and the ledges, people.

kace
01-25-2009, 07:42 PM
what's the point of this thread ?

Duncan
01-25-2009, 07:42 PM
I will admit it is embarrassing to see this but it's the way Spur fans or the bandwagon fans react. Don't get me wrong it's ok to get pissed.but not during the regular season and to see people post shit like get rid of this guy get rid of that guy is not the answer.

I have faith in coach Pop and My Spurs! :tu

senorglory
01-25-2009, 07:52 PM
I agree that a regular season loss is no big deal, but, and all apologies to you, dear Lanny, whose post here is completely correct, it just sucks beyond belief to lose to the motherfucking Lakers.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-25-2009, 08:10 PM

Totally agree.

With all the clueless new posters and bandwagoners who have arrived lately, this place has become over-reaction central. :rolleyes

However, you'll notice that very few of the old hands around here are bothered by a loss to the Lakers at home in January. ;)

Do we still need a decent big to compete with you in a 7 gamer when May rolls around? Yes. Is it STILL JANUARY? Uh-huh. /panic :lol

timvp
01-25-2009, 08:18 PM
With all the clueless new posters and bandwagoners who have arrived lately, this place has become over-reaction central. :rolleyes If you remember correctly, this is actually mild compared to the early days of SpursTalk when after a loss to the Lakers, every player on the team would be put on the block by Spurs fans and Pop would be fired about five times over. This is nothing . . .

Spur-Addict
01-25-2009, 08:21 PM
The same problems remain, so if anyone complains about interior deficiency it's warranted.

tlongII
01-25-2009, 09:16 PM
Where is the real Laker Lanny?

scanry
01-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Where is the real Laker Lanny?

:lol:lol:lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-25-2009, 10:05 PM
If you remember correctly, this is actually mild compared to the early days of SpursTalk when after a loss to the Lakers, every player on the team would be put on the block by Spurs fans and Pop would be fired about five times over. This is nothing . . .

Yeah, true... we seemed to have a couple of years there (2005-07) where the panic subsided a little, but it's back in full force.

The thing that makes me laugh is all the fantasy GMs with their "trades"... most of them don't take into account salaries, the luxury tax, whether the other team would be interested, Spurs team chemistry, etc. The latest one, Parker for Oden, had me falling off my chair! :lmao

peskypesky
01-26-2009, 12:08 AM
I am a die hard Laker fan and I am smart enough to know no regular season win or loss makes or breaks a team....who knew the playoffs started today?

:toast

Nice to see a Lakers fan who's more sensible than a lot of the Spurs fans on this forum.

What really is surprising about today's result? On home court, the #1 team in the NBA beats the #5 team. That's what you figure would happen.

The Lakers are clearly the superior team, but this is the regular season. Strange things can happen in the playoffs.

Dude
01-26-2009, 02:15 PM
who knew the playoffs started today? more like who knew A laker fan would show a Spurs fan how to be a real fan.

urunobili
01-26-2009, 02:19 PM
I couldn't care less about this Loss... it is actually the first game i didn't watch the whole season... Nothing to be worried about... see you in May Flakes...

mytespurs
01-26-2009, 02:24 PM

Nice post Lanny. You're right...there's a lot of season to be played but your Lakers are clearly in the driver's seat at this point. I don't see that changing. :toast

I live in LA and when the lakers lose two in a row, some fans and rah-rah media go into panic overlode...even when these losses are 1-2 points. :lol

spursfan09
01-26-2009, 02:28 PM
Ahh let Spur fans throw themselves off ledges and cliffs. It'll be alot more sensible to enter in here

NRHector
01-26-2009, 03:35 PM
who knew the playoffs started today? more like who knew A laker fan would show a Spurs fan how to be a real fan.I honestly think a laker fan wouldn't be saying that if the lakers had lost, I did not see any post like this one when the lakers lost last week from a laker fan

KaiRMD1
01-26-2009, 04:18 PM
Weird to hear a laker fan saying things like "it's just a season win" but oh well, he's still got a point. I actually felt the same way about the first victory, it was just a season win. It's good for our record but I still gotta say, the defense definitely needs work. I just hope the Spurs can figure the kinks out on the rodeo road trip in time for the post all star break run.

mytespurs
01-26-2009, 05:48 PM
Weird to hear a laker fan saying things like "it's just a season win" but oh well, he's still got a point. I actually felt the same way about the first victory, it was just a season win. It's good for our record but I still gotta say, the defense definitely needs work. I just hope the Spurs can figure the kinks out on the rodeo road trip in time for the post all star break run.

Weird but nice to have someone speak objectively instead of gloating and smack talking.

Warlord23
01-26-2009, 05:58 PM

Hi Mouse

Chief
01-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Excellent Post.

The upsetting part to me about the loss was Pop gave up so early in the game. i think we were down 15, and Pop took out all the starters. There were still 8 minutes left in the game. I know Pop's methods are the reasons we have won all these championships, but Unless Pop wanted to rub it in the faces of the starters how bad we were doing, I don't think he should have given up the game that early. Hell, our reserves brought the lead down to like 13 points I believe. Oh well.

Medvedenko
01-26-2009, 07:13 PM
That can't be the real Laker Lanny....no way.