PDA

View Full Version : Magic's Chat With Jackson Makes Waves

duncan228
01-25-2009, 10:44 PM
Magic's chat with Jackson makes waves (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/mccarthy/2009-01-25-magic-jackson_N.htm)
By Michael McCarthy

ESPN's hiring of ex-TNT analyst Earvin "Magic" Johnson is causing a stir.
In an interview Friday with Johnson, Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson left open the possibility of retiring after the 2009-10 season. Excerpts from the interview received wide pickup this weekend before the full interview aired Sunday during ABC's Lakers-San Antonio Spurs broadcast. (The 63-year-old coach tried to clear up the confusion before that game by saying he often goes year-to-year without a definitive retirement plan: "Everything's the same as it always was.")

Johnson joined ESPN Oct. 13 after seven years with TNT. He also worked the 2008 NBA Finals as a guest analyst for ABC. But the former NBA superstar also serves as Lakers part-owner and vice president.

Should ESPN have addressed that financial relationship in his sit-down with Jackson?

"It's a fair question," said ESPN's Mike Soltys. "The viewer clearly identifies Magic as a Laker like they identify many other TV sports analysts with a particular team. We understand that going in. I think the viewer understands it. The key for us is: are the tough questions asked? He certainly did with this and other interviews he's done with Lakers over the years."

Kill Bill Pana
01-25-2009, 10:47 PM
All lie, American medias make up interview. American and Jew moron stoopid enough to believe interview exists.

Rogue
01-25-2009, 11:23 PM
who the hell is Bill Pana?

Kai
01-26-2009, 01:04 AM
I've heard a few people refer to V-Span as Kill Bill, although i dont know if there is any connection to KBP's user name. Vassilius or however you spell it is apparently Greek for Bill.

DaDakota
01-26-2009, 09:22 AM
who the hell is Bill Pana?

Read my sig, he has multiple personalities.....posts as several different people.

DD

eisfeld
01-26-2009, 10:02 AM
All lie, American medias make up interview. American and Jew moron stoopid enough to believe interview exists.

You are more than lame... imitating the original KBP and adding some racism... :nope