PDA

View Full Version : David Stern is smiling.

dav4463
01-26-2009, 02:52 AM
David Stern is smiling because the two best teams money can buy won easily over two Texas teams on national TV.

He's salivating over a Lakers/Celtic final as the NBA sends a message that if you can buy the superstars then you can build a champion.

Forget the Spurs and Pistons who did it the right way. Your ratings sucked.

Easy fix: Garnett and Allen to the Celtics for nothing from an ex-Celtic player and Gasol to the Lakers for nothing from an ex-Laker player and ...voila!....championship material.

Now, what are the chances of sending George Gervin to work for the Heat and get us Dwayne Wade for next season? How about David Robinson working a year in Dallas and we get Dirk Nowitski in here and teach him how to win?

mathbzh
01-26-2009, 03:16 AM
How about a team with a HOF center tanking a season to pick a HOF PF in the draft?

Buying superstars to build a champion is just business. Here in Europe it is even worse.

You should just be happy that the NBA have a salary cap, a draft and all the rules about trade... without that, the Spurs wouldn't have a single trophy.

venitian navigator
01-26-2009, 03:38 AM
How about a team with a HOF center tanking a season to pick a HOF PF in the draft?

Buying superstars to build a champion is just business. Here in Europe it is even worse.

You should just be happy that the NBA have a salary cap, a draft and all the rules about trade... without that, the Spurs wouldn't have a single trophy.

I largely prefer the american system, where to averybody is given a chance...
The main reason I respect the league is 'cause also teams in little cities like S.A.is given the chance to compete for winning...if well managed and lucky.
And also 'cause for teams in very big cities, like N.Y., if bad managed,ther's the chance they have very bad seasons.
The big cities already have too many advantages...
And...the rules, in sport, at least, have to be the some for everybody...

mathbzh
01-26-2009, 03:54 AM
I prefer the NBA system too.
I just think people in SA don't realize how lucky they are to play under such a system.

Zee Laker
01-26-2009, 04:13 AM
Spurs fans always laughed at the Suns and called them whiners. This was when the spurs used to be the best team in the NBA

Now that the spurs are not the top dog anymore, the Spurs fans whine more than the other combined 29 fan bases. Serioulsy? the spurs were bulit the right way? They TANKED for their center piece

The Lakers on the hand got Gasol in a trade giving cap space and 3 1st round picks. This is the same player that poeple call him Gasoft, who has been to the AllStar game ONCE and getting max money. Why dont you talk about the Shaq trade when the Lakers got robbed?

Get over it buddy. The Spurs have a very good team but they need another BIG and they should be fine. Even if they dont add anyone, they still have a chance to win it all

romain.star
01-26-2009, 04:21 AM
David Stern is smiling because the two best teams money can buy won easily over two Texas teams on national TV.

He's salivating over a Lakers/Celtic final as the NBA sends a message that if you can buy the superstars then you can build a champion.

Easy fix: Garnett and Allen to the Celtics for nothing from an ex-Celtic player and Gasol to the Lakers for nothing from an ex-Laker player and ...voila!....championship material.

Now, what are the chances of sending George Gervin to work for the Heat and get us Dwayne Wade for next season? How about David Robinson working a year in Dallas and we get Dirk Nowitski in here and teach him how to win?

Have you ever heard about Chelski or Manchester City latest bids (soccer)??

Sure, it's easier for NY (sic), LA or Boston to build competitive squads but last time i checked, there is a salary cap rule in order to prevent richest teams to attract all the best players. There's also a draft system mixed with the absence of relegation, so the worst teams can have a chance to improve without being knocked out of the league because of bad results.

temujin
01-26-2009, 04:23 AM

Sure enough.

That's why teams from big cities such as Siena and Vitoria end up in the Euroleague Final Four.

temujin
01-26-2009, 04:27 AM
Spurs fans always laughed at the Suns and called them whiners. This was when the spurs used to be the best team in the NBA

Now that the spurs are not the top dog anymore, the Spurs fans whine more than the other combined 29 fan bases. Serioulsy? the spurs were bulit the right way? They TANKED for their center piece

The Lakers on the hand got Gasol in a trade giving cap space and 3 1st round picks. This is the same player that poeple call him Gasoft, who has been to the AllStar game ONCE and getting max money. Why dont you talk about the Shaq trade when the Lakers got robbed?

Get over it buddy. The Spurs have a very good team but they need another BIG and they should be fine. Even if they dont add anyone, they still have a chance to win it all

They have zero chance.
The way the game was played and called yesterday clarified this.

This is a business.

I just don't buy this Boston thing.

The Lakers will win against the Cleveland Nikes.

temujin
01-26-2009, 04:32 AM
Have you ever heard about Chelski or Manchester City latest bids (soccer)??

Sure, it's easier for NY (sic), LA or Boston to build competitive squads but last time i checked, there is a salary cap rule in order to prevent richest teams to attract all the best players. There's also a draft system mixed with the absence of relegation, so the worst teams can have a chance to improve without being knocked out of the league because of bad results.

You mention soccer.

Please check how many different teams have won the Champions league over the last 40 years and how many different teams have won it in the NBA.

mathbzh
01-26-2009, 04:43 AM
Sure enough.

That's why teams from big cities such as Siena and Vitoria end up in the Euroleague Final Four.

Vitoria is a team with a lot of money at the Euroleague level (probably 6th or 7th according to what I read). CSKA and Pana won the last 3 Euroleague.
Siena has less money but is still in the top 10 in Europe (and they just reached the final four, they didn't win anything).

You mention soccer.

Please check how many different teams have won the Champions league over the last 40 years and how many different teams have won it in the NBA.

It is not relevant to look at the last 40 years. The economy of soccer as completely changed since the "Bosman rule".
Moreover, soccer is a low scoring game, which allows more surprises since there is no 7 game series.
But if you look at the premier league (since 1992):
Manchester United: 10 titles, 3 second place.
Arsenal: 3 titles, 5 second place.
Chelsea: 2 titles, 3 second place. None before Abramovich buy the club.

Only surprise: Blackburn in 1995, second in 1994.

romain.star
01-26-2009, 05:27 AM
You mention soccer.

Irrelevent.

First, the Champions league involves much more teams (i'm not just talking about the squads who actually play).

Second, the teams which are engaged in this competition all have other competitions to deal with (national championship and national cups)... It can be very difficult for the best teams to focuse and deliver in every competition they're involved in.

Third, the Champions League exists since 1992. Before that, it was the European Champion Clubs' Cup. It was not just about changing the name of the competition. I'm not gonna explain how and why but since then, european clubs soccer has become a huge and very attractive business without any common rules nor any limits.
Therefore, the richest you are, the better you get (the best players go where money is). As simple as that.
And with the arrivals of Russian billionaires and Emirates princes, the situation has worsen greatly.

temujin
01-26-2009, 08:06 AM
Vitoria is a team with a lot of money at the Euroleague level (probably 6th or 7th according to what I read). CSKA and Pana won the last 3 Euroleague.
Siena has less money but is still in the top 10 in Europe (and they just reached the final four, they didn't win anything).

Winnin? OK.
Over the last 20 years, Split (3) Tel Aviv (2) Limoges (!!) Bologna (2) Kaunas and Badalona. >50% of cities I wouldn't call megalopolis.
That's precisely the problem with euroleague basketball. Too many small cities, with or without the money.
Money can't buy interest and shares.

It is not relevant to look at the last 40 years. The economy of soccer as completely changed since the "Bosman rule".
Moreover, soccer is a low scoring game, which allows more surprises since there is no 7 game series.

Check after the Bosman rule and sure:
You win a Champions league by surprise.

temujin
01-26-2009, 08:15 AM
Irrelevent.

First, the Champions league involves much more teams (i'm not just talking about the squads who actually play).

Second, the teams which are engaged in this competition all have other competitions to deal with (national championship and national cups)... It can be very difficult for the best teams to focuse and deliver in every competition they're involved in.

Third, the Champions League exists since 1992. Before that, it was the European Champion Clubs' Cup. It was not just about changing the name of the competition. I'm not gonna explain how and why but since then, european clubs soccer has become a huge and very attractive business without any common rules nor any limits.
Therefore, the richest you are, the better you get (the best players go where money is). As simple as that.
And with the arrivals of Russian billionaires and Emirates princes, the situation has worsen greatly.

The Champion's league exists since the 50s.
Unless you think semantics is more important than reality.

At any rate.

# 2007 - 2008 Manchester United FC
# 2006 - 2007 AC Milan
# 2005 - 2006 FC Barcelona
# 2004 - 2005 Liverpool FC
# 2003 - 2004 FC Porto
# 2002 - 2003 AC Milan
# 2001 - 2002 Real Madrid CF
# 2000 - 2001 FC Bayern München
# 1999 - 2000 Real Madrid CF
# 1998 - 1999 Manchester United FC
# 1997 - 1998 Real Madrid CF
# 1996 - 1997 BV Borussia Dortmund
# 1995 - 1996 Juventus
# 1994 - 1995 AFC Ajax
# 1993 - 1994 AC Milan
# 1992 - 1993 Olympique de Marseille
# 1991 - 1992 FC Barcelona

11 different teams.
7 different teams since 1999.

In the same period, 7 teams have won the NBA title.
Since 1999, 5 NBA teams have won the title.
Spurs and Lakers combined are 7 out of 10.

Going back the the heart of the thread, most of these soccer teams are from small to mid-size towns. Only Barcelona, Milan and Bayern are from big markets.

temujin
01-26-2009, 08:19 AM

But if you look at the premier league (since 1992):
Manchester United: 10 titles, 3 second place.
Arsenal: 3 titles, 5 second place.
Chelsea: 2 titles, 3 second place. None before Abramovich buy the club.

Only surprise: Blackburn in 1995, second in 1994.

Sure.
If you mention the regional tournements, it is obvious that only 2-4 teams maximum will compete.
Who cares about these tournaments?
Big money is in the Champion's League.
That's what matters.
The regional tournaments should be limited to smallville teams.

temujin
01-26-2009, 08:20 AM

Winnin? OK.
Over the last 20 years, Split (3) Tel Aviv (2) Limoges (!!) Bologna (2) Kaunas and Badalona. >50% of cities I wouldn't call megalopolis.
That's precisely the problem with euroleague basketball. Too many small cities, with or without the money.
Money can't buy interest and shares.

Check after the Bosman rule and sure:
You win a Champions league by surprise.

lefty
01-26-2009, 09:15 AM
Don't blame the refs.

We played like shit, we didn't show up.

But we always do that on Sunday afternoon games

Capt Bringdown
01-26-2009, 09:16 AM
I think you couldn't script a more preposterous scenario.

Lebron, who was being promoted as the next Jordan and savior of the league, is swept by the Spurs in lowest rated NBA finals in recent memory.

The very next year, lo and behold the NBA's marquee franchises land players that vault them immediately into championship contention - FOR NOTHING IN RETURN.

Rogue
01-26-2009, 09:33 AM
I used to think only some mavs fans were delusional... ...

FreeMason
01-26-2009, 09:54 AM
Maybe if the Spurs didn't have such a shitty gameplan...

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-26-2009, 11:45 AM

The Spurs weren't favored to win the lottery in either of those drafts. And Robinson's injury was legit the year they drafted Duncan. I think the Spurs were slow to bring Robinson back more over fears of him re-injuring himself than on getting Duncan. The odds favored Duncan wearing green and white.

People who say the Spurs purposely tanked that season weren't watching.

ClingingMars
01-26-2009, 12:31 PM
I think you couldn't script a more preposterous scenario.

Lebron, who was being promoted as the next Jordan and savior of the league, is swept by the Spurs in lowest rated NBA finals in recent memory.

The very next year, lo and behold the NBA's marquee franchises land players that vault them immediately into championship contention - FOR NOTHING IN RETURN.

+1

NRHector
01-26-2009, 12:37 PM

would you go to work when you are hurt?

15 RINGS BITCH
01-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Forget the Spurs and Pistons who did it the right way.

but didnt the spurs tank a season to get duncan?

i would say the lakers and celtics bought their players.

the spurs begged for theirs.

theres no shame in it. the guys on the corner with the cardboard signs dont seem to have a problem with it.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-26-2009, 01:36 PM
but didnt the spurs tank a season to get duncan?

i would say the lakers and celtics bought their players.

the spurs begged for theirs.

theres no shame in it. the guys on the corner with the cardboard signs dont seem to have a problem with it.

Read post #20.

15 RINGS BITCH
01-26-2009, 01:38 PM
did robinson practice the 2nd half of that season, but no play time?

jag
01-26-2009, 01:39 PM
So what, Stern should be smiling cause two large market teams are doing very well right now...wtf does this have to do with any conspiracies?

If you actually buy into some conspiracy with Stern and the Lakers/Celtics (or his involvement with the management of any team rosters or trades) then stop watching the Spurs.

There's no reason to even watch the games if stern is tampering with officials, player negotiations, etc...

I expect these arguments from small children. stfu

mathbzh
01-26-2009, 03:44 PM
The Spurs weren't favored to win the lottery in either of those drafts. And Robinson's injury was legit the year they drafted Duncan. I think the Spurs were slow to bring Robinson back more over fears of him re-injuring himself than on getting Duncan. The odds favored Duncan wearing green and white.

People who say the Spurs purposely tanked that season weren't watching.

I agree with you "tanking" is probably an excessive word. They had some good reason not to bring back DRob too early and I can't blame the Spurs FO for that.
But you could agree that it is a bit unfair for the other teams that a team already equiped with a HOF center can pick Tim Duncan.
The Lakers and Celtics trade are valid, unfair but valid. So we should just move on and stop whining about that.

Lakers999
01-26-2009, 03:49 PM
IF ANY FIXING WAS GOING ON IT WOULD IN FAVOR OF THE SPURS SIMPLY FOR THE FACT THAT DONAGHY WAS GAMBLING ON SPURS AND PHX DURING 06 AND 07 PLAYOFFS both in favor of the spurs

ClingingMars
01-26-2009, 03:54 PM
IF ANY FIXING WAS GOING ON IT WOULD IN FAVOR OF THE SPURS SIMPLY FOR THE FACT THAT DONAGHY WAS GAMBLING ON SPURS AND PHX DURING 06 AND 07 PLAYOFFS both in favor of the spurs

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

KaiRMD1
01-26-2009, 04:15 PM
The Spurs have an awesome GM in RC Buford, the guy knows how to find gems like Parker, Ginobili & Hill. I know David Stern is definitely happy about the possibility at a Lakers-Celtics finals but the fact is if the Suns & Mavericks hadn't downgraded their team with stupid trades and bad firings, you gotta wonder if the Lakers would truly be the lone wolf in the West. IMO, bad decisions by other teams made the Lakers great this season. I give Lakers management their credit for SOMEHOW getting Pau Gasol for air

Spurminator
01-26-2009, 04:18 PM
I don't see any reason to assume there was foul play related to the Celtics trades. The Sonics got a Lottery pick for an aging Ray Allen, and the Wolves got a marquee forward and some help towards rebuilding a team that wasn't going anywhere with KG leading the way. That both players have been rejuvenated somewhat upon arriving in Boston doesn't change what their values were with their previous teams.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-26-2009, 04:21 PM
I agree with you "tanking" is probably an excessive word. They had some good reason not to bring back DRob too early and I can't blame the Spurs FO for that.
But you could agree that it is a bit unfair for the other teams that a team already equiped with a HOF center can pick Tim Duncan.
The Lakers and Celtics trade are valid, unfair but valid. So we should just move on and stop whining about that.

I understand the point you were making...and you're right, business is business. If I were in the Lakers FO, or any team's FO, and could have made the Gasol trade I would have done so in a heartbeat. You can't really fault them for that.

But the Spurs ability to do more with less over the years is a pretty remarkable achievement, I'd say much moreso than some of the wealthier teams' abilities to go out and stack the deck in their favor. I could argue that there have been a lot of teams that have gotten tons of top draft picks over the last 20-30 years who didn't converted that 'luck' into a championship...the Clippers, Hawks, Magic...etc.

Any team that wins a title gets some lucky breaks along the way, unless they are so clearly dominant that they just take what's theirs, and there hasn't been a team like that around in a long time.

Lakers999
01-26-2009, 04:24 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvkKdXLwt0U

manufor3
01-26-2009, 04:39 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao

most of those were legit calls, or at least close enough that they would normally be called. why dont you watch the LAL-SAC series again

FuzzyLumpkins
01-26-2009, 05:17 PM

YOu obniosuly did not watch the 96 season. 50 was hurt and while they sucked, Caddilac and Co. played their guts out night after night. Pop had them come to play even though they were awful. Decrepiet Dom Wilkins WOOHOO!!!

sedale threatt
01-26-2009, 05:37 PM
the best teams that money can buy are the knicks, mavs, and cavs--they're all between 10 and 20 million over the lakers in salary. the lakers aren't even in the top five payrolls for the league. you guys need to get your facts straight!

Lakers999
01-26-2009, 06:03 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

most of those were legit calls, or at least close enough that they would normally be called. why dont you watch the LAL-SAC series again

dont be a homer and open your eyes

manufor3
01-26-2009, 06:06 PM

why dont you take my advice and watch the SAC-LAL series again

Lakers999
01-26-2009, 06:09 PM
why dont you take my advice and watch the SAC-LAL series again

which one....01 where we swept them or 02 where horry saved us much like he saved you guys on numerous occasions.

BTW.. on a side note dont be suprised if horry comes back for the lakers after the asb

manufor3
01-26-2009, 06:47 PM
which one....01 where we swept them or 02 where horry saved us much like he saved you guys on numerous occasions.

BTW.. on a side note dont be suprised if horry comes back for the lakers after the asb

'02 the fixed one

mingus
01-26-2009, 07:07 PM
the thing that is great is that the spurs - in a tiny market, in a so called "boring" city - have accomplished more in the last decade than most teams, big market or small, in any sport, can say they've accomplshed in their entire existence. this is something to be proud of, and hopefully it continues.

was the gasol trade bullshit in the sense that it made them excessively talented? Yes. . . Is it a conspiracy (aka was stern involved)? Maybe. You never know when that amount of money is at stake for the league.

I think it makes SA fans look bad to keep complaining about it, though. What's keeping the debate going going to do? Move on. This is a first class org., and there fans should follow suit.

mingus
01-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Also, the Lakers will look a helluva lot less powerful than this year when hey have to face teh reality of odom signing somehwhere else for more.

Lakers999
01-26-2009, 07:11 PM
'02 the fixed one

ya just like how your victories on 06 and 07 are fixed

Lakers999
01-26-2009, 07:12 PM
Also, the Lakers will look a helluva lot less powerful than this year when hey have to face teh reality of odom signing somehwhere else for more.

if we win it all this year odom might sign here for less....

mingus
01-26-2009, 07:22 PM
I understand the point you were making...and you're right, business is business. If I were in the Lakers FO, or any team's FO, and could have made the Gasol trade I would have done so in a heartbeat. You can't really fault them for that.

But the Spurs ability to do more with less over the years is a pretty remarkable achievement, I'd say much moreso than some of the wealthier teams' abilities to go out and stack the deck in their favor. I could argue that there have been a lot of teams that have gotten tons of top draft picks over the last 20-30 years who didn't converted that 'luck' into a championship...the Clippers, Hawks, Magic...etc.

Any team that wins a title gets some lucky breaks along the way, unless they are so clearly dominant that they just take what's theirs, and there hasn't been a team like that around in a long time.

the thing with the spurs, moreso than than the laker over the years, is they've mostly made there own luck. drafting gino and parker, signing s-jax, and now the Ghill signing, happened as a result of the keen eye and countless hours of work of our GM's.

The Lakers franchise on the other hand has had way more presents put on their lap it seems.

From Kobe not wanting to play for a small market when he was drafted (thus the trade of divac for kobe) to this recent Pau trade.

Lakers999
01-26-2009, 07:41 PM
the thing with the spurs, moreso than than the laker over the years, is they've mostly made there own luck. drafting gino and parker, signing s-jax, and now the Ghill signing, happened as a result of the keen eye and countless hours of work of our GM's.

The Lakers franchise on the other hand has had way more presents put on their lap it seems.

From Kobe not wanting to play for a small market when he was drafted (thus the trade of divac for kobe) to this recent Pau trade.

DENIAL..... dont take the work of jerry west away from him..... big market or not trading a reliable Big for a guard who just came out of hs is a risk dont hate on the lakers for that.....

Pathetic that you have no knowlege of this

DarrinS
01-26-2009, 07:44 PM

What are you talking about. Those were fair trades.

Sincerely,

Herschel Walker

Lakers_55
01-26-2009, 07:48 PM
From Kobe not wanting to play for a small market when he was drafted (thus the trade of divac for kobe)

This is not true. The Lakers took a gamble and traded their only center to the Hornets so that Charlotte would then select Kobe in the draft to complete the deal. Once Kobe was drafted, he was immediately traded per the agreement. The gamble paid off when Shaq signed. Kobe wouldn't blossom until his third year, so the trade flew under the radar of everyone except Jerry West.

KaiRMD1
01-26-2009, 08:39 PM

I actually give credit to Tim donaghy, if I was in his shoes, I'd have done the same thing, why? Can you imagine how much money he won by fixing that game? The difference between Tim Donaghy and Dick Bevetta is that Bevetta works with Stern or should I say "The Stern Button." I feel sorry for the suns because they may have been able to win that series but I still give credit to Donaghy for capitalizing on a golden opportunity. Before any of you say he tainted the sport, it was tainted WAY before Donaghy messed with game 3. Just know, is Dick Bevetta is the ref, watch out for some crazy calls and no-calls.

HarlemHeat37
01-26-2009, 08:44 PM
This is not true. The Lakers took a gamble and traded their only center to the Hornets so that Charlotte would then select Kobe in the draft to complete the deal. Once Kobe was drafted, he was immediately traded per the agreement. The gamble paid off when Shaq signed. Kobe wouldn't blossom until his third year, so the trade flew under the radar of everyone except Jerry West.

IIRC, Kobe did say he wanted to play in LA in that draft..I have the quote somewhere, I'll look for it if you'd like, but I'm pretty sure you know it..

the Gasol trade was fine..but if any Laker fan actually has the balls to say that the Kings-Lakers game 6 wasn't clearly altered heavily by officiating, they're lying..it got to the point where the announcers were questioning all those calls..it's also no coincidence that during the Donaghy incident, you couldn't find a video of game 6 on youtube due to "copyright" laws, but every other game was posted..

HarlemHeat37
01-26-2009, 08:47 PM
I don't understand why that Laker fan posted the Spurs-Suns video..most of those calls looked legit to me, or at least debatable..Suns fans have really exaggerated to where people actually believe they got screwed in that series..most of the calls were legit..

Lakers-Kings is widely considered a screwjob though..not just by Kings fans, but by any NBA fan that watched the NBA at the time..I've even heard many Laker fans say that they thought something was going on during that game..

ClingingMars
01-26-2009, 09:06 PM

try not to be a fucking idiot. please.

Lakers999
01-26-2009, 09:27 PM
try not to be a fucking idiot. please.

awww what happened did i hit a sensitive button?

Baseline
01-26-2009, 10:19 PM
It's blatantly obvious to every human being on the planet who isn't a Laker fan that Stern played GM for a day and orchestrated the completely retarded Gasol trade. but that was a switch for him, because generally he orchestrates his manipulation through "selective" officiating.

I think he had much to do with Fisher's shot being allowed to count in 2004 - a shot which took a good 2 - 2.5 seconds. Never mind that the Lakers only had 0.04 seconds to get it off.

Of course, last year the league officially admitted that the foul on Brent Barry was a blown call. That cost us another game in the Laker series.

Believe me, any time the Spurs beat the Lakers, we realize we have earned it because it's a total 5 on 8 job.

That you can count on every time.

mingus
01-26-2009, 10:21 PM
if we win it all this year odom might sign here for less....

Did odom say this?

And if he did, I wouldn't take ANY baskeball player's word when it comes to making decisions about money (see Boozer). He may be saying this now to not be a distraction to his team. I'm not saying he is Boozer, but he sure hasn't done anything to make me believe otherwise. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Also, odom smokes a lot of weed. He could just say that getting high caused him to forget what he said about resigning for less. It's an easy way out for him

mingus
01-26-2009, 10:29 PM
DENIAL..... dont take the work of jerry west away from him..... big market or not trading a reliable Big for a guard who just came out of hs is a risk dont hate on the lakers for that.....

Pathetic that you have no knowlege of this

I think you're making light of the fact of how good Kobe actually was in High School. EVERYBODY knew he would be great.

You don't know what you are talking about, sir.

ClingingMars
01-26-2009, 10:42 PM
ya just like how your victories on 06 and 07 are fixed

again, you are a complete dumbass, we didn't win SHIT IN 06.

ClingingMars
01-26-2009, 10:43 PM
awww what happened did i hit a sensitive button?

no, you're just a complete dumbass. but i'm glad you're delusional enough to think that we won a title in 06 :lol :lol :lol

Lakers999
01-26-2009, 10:52 PM
no, you're just a complete dumbass. but i'm glad you're delusional enough to think that we won a title in 06 :lol :lol :lol

AGAIN i never said you won the title in 06 for the slow people like yourself i should have stated that victories over PHX were entirly bullshit

Lakers999
01-26-2009, 10:54 PM
I think you're making light of the fact of how good Kobe actually was in High School. EVERYBODY knew he would be great.

You don't know what you are talking about, sir.

OH CMON!!!! if that was the case draft picks 1-13 would have picked him before charlotte.... if that was the case charlotte would have never traded him for a center who has a bad back and IF THAT WAS THE CASE!!! JERRY west himself would have never flown out to philly to see him play on every home game!!!

you sir do not know what you are talking about

AND STOP LIVING IN DENIAL

ClingingMars
01-26-2009, 10:55 PM
AGAIN i never said you won the title in 06 for the slow people like yourself i should have stated that victories over PHX were entirly bullshit

because PHX played excellent defense and SSOL produced championships, right? :rolleyes

mingus
01-27-2009, 12:58 AM
OH CMON!!!! if that was the case draft picks 1-13 would have picked him before charlotte.... if that was the case charlotte would have never traded him for a center who has a bad back and IF THAT WAS THE CASE!!! JERRY west himself would have never flown out to philly to see him play on every home game!!!

you sir do not know what you are talking about

AND STOP LIVING IN DENIAL

lmao. "living in denial". . . as if my life centers around this issue.

I don't really care enough about this to continue because you clearly are uninformed.

Lakers999
01-27-2009, 02:06 AM
lmao. "living in denial". . . as if my life centers around this issue.

I don't really care enough about this to continue because you clearly are uninformed.

no you refuse to continue becuase you are clearly an idiot

DrHouse
01-27-2009, 02:11 AM
no you refuse to continue becuase you are clearly an idiot

It's funny to see these moronic hick backwater rednecks keep coming back at you after you refute their pathetic arguments point by point.

mogrovejo
01-27-2009, 03:34 AM
People have no idea about the relationship between Stern and the Celtics during the last 20 years. Just the fact that he never allowed this organization to take Reggie Lewis' contract out of the books gave us years of mediocrity.

KaiRMD1
01-27-2009, 11:48 AM
In my opinion, I don't think Stern helps the Celtics. The Lakers, it's painfully obvious that he does ESPECIALLY when the guy says that his dream finals match is "Lakers vs. Lakers." Obviously he saw that last season with the Celtics vs. Lakers but more importantly, he saw money in it. I guarantee that if Bynum hadn't gotten injured last year OR if his improved play continued, the Gasol trade would have never happened because Stern would have believed that with the right push of the Stern button, the Lakers would be in the finals anyway. I just still don't get the deal with the Shaq & Kidd trades. He definitely got lucky with those trades.

Ronaldo McDonald
01-27-2009, 01:13 PM
It's funny to see these moronic hick backwater rednecks keep coming back at you after you refute their pathetic arguments point by point.

Um, none of you refuted anything I had to say.

I said from the start that the lakers have more things handed to them than the Spurs, and it's absolutely true. There's no denying this, whether it was planned that way or not.

Examples:

Shaq would've never gone to LA had being this super famous athlete/movie star/icon w/ a gigantic ego never taken over his mind.

The fact that there's something like four places of treatment for Fisher's daughter medical issue in the u.s and one of them is in LA works in LA's favor.

LA wouldn't have ever gotten bryant if being in a bigmarket wasn't a priority of his.

Ronaldo McDonald
01-27-2009, 01:14 PM
BTW, mingus is my alternate moniker.

mingus
01-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Um, none of you refuted anything I had to say.

I said from the start that the lakers have more things handed to them than the Spurs, and it's absolutely true. There's no denying this, whether it was planned that way or not.

Examples:

Shaq would've never gone to LA had being this super famous athlete/movie star/icon w/ a gigantic ego never taken over his mind.

The fact that there's something like four places of treatment for Fisher's daughter medical issue in the u.s and one of them is in LA works in LA's favor.

LA wouldn't have ever gotten bryant if being in a bigmarket wasn't a priority of his.

mingus
01-27-2009, 01:17 PM
there :)

Lakers999
01-27-2009, 10:35 PM
there :)

no im sorry your facts are so warped into your own sense of false reality thats not even funny... you make spurs homer look smarter than they already are... you just completely deny any type of factual argument about your rival to live in this fantasy land that you have pondered up. YOU SIR is what is wrong with spurs fans!!!

dont downplay the fact that the lakers are not only a better runned franchise than the rest of the league agree to the fact they are better. well managed, and coached.

saying "everything has been handed to them" is just absurd it just so happens that the owner cares enough about the team to get the best of the best players at no matter what the cost is. dont downplay the fact that he has paid for scouts, managers, private doctors, extra coaches to make this team to compete at an elite level for decades

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-27-2009, 11:10 PM
The Lakers traded an expiring contract and 2 first round picks for Pau Gasol.

The Suns traded an expiring contract and 2 first round picks for nothing several months prior.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-27-2009, 11:10 PM
That's why LA is on top, not because of David Stern.