PDA

View Full Version : What do you all think of "Ticket 760"?

davi78239
03-02-2005, 01:47 PM
Just wanted to see if you guys like the crew, the overall show, and if you think it's better now from 2-5 or how it used to be from 4-7.

Taco
03-02-2005, 01:50 PM
I like the format

I like to listen to Walter and Vex although I think they stay on a topic too long sometimes.

I really don't get a chance to listen to the thompson brothers to much but what i have heard I like.

davi78239
03-02-2005, 01:59 PM
Agree. I do hate when they go off topic though and the fact that we hear less of Don Harris. Other than that, I like the new format.

Opinionater
03-02-2005, 02:14 PM
IMHO, the Thompson brothers have a decent show but now I don't get to hear Walter at all since he goes off at 5pm.

mouse
03-02-2005, 02:20 PM
davi you live in Windcrest?

davi78239
03-02-2005, 02:25 PM
Camelot II right by the four way off New World.

KEDA
03-02-2005, 02:26 PM
TICKET SUX IMO

F S R Sux for getting rid of Bruno!
Ticket 760 sucks because of Walter and Vex!
Rome is just repeated crap from the beginning to the end!

BUT!

the THOMPSONS KICK ASS!

mouse
03-02-2005, 02:40 PM
the THOMPSONS KICK ASS!

Rob is ok Jason sounds like he's above everyone. and he's a real ass hole in person.

rr2418
03-02-2005, 03:13 PM
I really don't care fot Walter or Vex. Walter sounds like he has alot of saliva in his mouth when he talks......yuk!! Walter also has an irritating voice I could do without!

The Thompson brothers are good to listen to!

Rome is good only when he's doing the show and not taking any calls. The people who call the show seems like they just want to be heard over the air waves. Rome also has pretty good guests. I like that!

maxpower
03-02-2005, 04:00 PM
As much as i love the Spurs...I can't listen to local ticket...i have to listen to dallas ticket. In terms of general sports coverage ..they have a better mix of talent and hot sports opinions. They cover NFL, NBA, MLB, Big 12 and NHL(when not locked out) much better than local. The thing that gets me is 1310 the ticket is basically unaffiliated(sporting news radio overnight and some of late sat and sunday). It goes against dallas espn and dallas fox sports radio and kicks their asses combined. They know radio and it will be a miracle if sa ticket ever comes close.

DrRich
03-02-2005, 04:05 PM
Don't listen to the station at all anymore. That should say just about everything you need to know! It SUCKS NOW!!!

mouse
03-02-2005, 04:08 PM
I thought you said I was your favorite caller?..........

Hey Maxi what you use to get that station?

maxpower
03-02-2005, 04:24 PM
http://theticket.com/listen.htm

Mouse you should try for the P1 Wild Ass Circus.
This is their night programming from 8 - 10/11pm. The host has Ticket listeners cohost. I don't know if it's just instudio/location or if he also does by phone.
P1's by the way are hardcore listeners. P2's are level down and so forth.

It seems you have to email the host(Big Dick Hunter) http://www.bigdickhunter.net/03_index.shtml
There's a link for those wanting to cohost.

mouse
03-02-2005, 04:33 PM
The last time I e mailed anyone with the word Big or Dick in there name it was not a pleasant experience. I will tune in tonight and try to call the show, I hope Dallas is ready for Mighty mouse in da house............

Thanks for the links..............

maxpower
03-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Hunter hosts "Big Dick's P1 Wild Ass Circus," heard weeknights from 7 to 10 p.m., a show that is almost as convoluted as its title. (P1 is an insider radio term for the most loyal of listeners.) Basically, Hunter brings a handful of the station's listeners into the studio, and from there he moderates a round robin-style discussion of issues that may or may not involve sports. Whether the format succeeds or fails on a given night often depends on the mix of guest hosts selected by Hunter. It's kind of like choosing different guests for a dinner party every night; only in this case, most of them are over-active sports fans with big mouths. To get on the show, all you need to do is e-mail Hunter and tell him why you should be invited.http://www.fwweekly.com/issues/2004-04-21/feature.html/page2.html

exstatic
03-02-2005, 05:03 PM
The only time I ever listen to AM radio is occasionally a short burst of a Spurs game if I'm caught out when it starts. I'm fond of having my programming continue when I drive under a bridge.

N.Y. Johnny
03-02-2005, 10:00 PM
"The Ticket 760" in my opinion is the sorriest fuckin excuse for a Sports Radio station i've ever heard, and when they had Tony Bruno on FSR in The AM it was the only reason i ever tuned into it and eventually i got sick of them and radio in general to where I got XM Satellite Radio.

Since its mainly Fox Sports Radio it totally sucks ass now, and the local yokels are unbearable. I usually listen to Sporting News Radio on XM or ESPN Radio.

JoeChalupa
03-02-2005, 10:03 PM
I'm cheap so ain't no way I'm payin' for radio.

But I agree, I don't listen to the ticket anymore in the AM since Tony Bruno was dropped.

blackbucket
03-02-2005, 10:12 PM
I dig it. I like the local shows because, well, it is local. I couldn't care less about the national scene. I listen to ticket 60%, KTSA 20%, WOAI 5% and Fox News Radio 15% of the time.

SequSpur
03-02-2005, 11:42 PM
I like the Thompson show, I went to school with them, so go............ West Campus!

Vex and Walter are cool. David Chancellor is entertaining.............

But Don Harris is a tool.

As for the station itself, I like Rome, but that's about it. The rest of the shows blow.

NeoConIV
03-03-2005, 12:27 AM
Sizzling: Thompson brothers...they own. Period.

Hot (no, not that way damnit): Vexler

Semi-hot: Harris (great takes but boring crappy delivery, too dry.

Not: Walter and Chancellor

So says me.

GoldToe
03-03-2005, 12:33 AM
I always listen to Rome during my lunch hour.

davi78239
03-03-2005, 11:52 AM
N.Y Johnny, I got XM too! You're not alone man.

AlamoSpursFan
03-03-2005, 11:55 AM
I love all the people who buy XM thinking they are screwing Clear Channel, which oh BTW, owns a big chunk of XM stock...

:lol

davi78239
03-03-2005, 11:58 AM
yup, they sure do. That's why Stern's going to Sirius.

AlamoSpursFan
03-03-2005, 12:07 PM
He may say that, but Sirius offered him more money. Period. Stern's a whore. He would have gone to XM if the money was better.

maxpower
03-03-2005, 12:33 PM
because if someone offered you more money to work for them within your field, you would turn it down.

Clandestino
03-03-2005, 01:10 PM
i usually split time between 760 and NPR... they should've kept bruno, but oh well.. that is how shit goes.. rome is cool sometimes, but when he says the same shit over and over i flip the station.. every so often i listen to 550 or 1200...esp during spurs games..

mouse
03-03-2005, 03:13 PM
Maxpower I got offered last minute tickets to last nights game I will tune in tonight you might want to tune in also as I make my epic call of the week...

alamo50
03-03-2005, 04:57 PM
Rob is ok Jason sounds like he's above everyone. and he's a real ass hole in person.

Jason and Rob are just as cool as they are on the radio when you meet them in person and get to do some radio shows with them.
No acting, just them and their opinions.

rl64tx
03-03-2005, 05:08 PM
STSA is OK.........but Vex seems to get on my nerves.......probably 80% of the time he's wrong!!!!! I guess he's just young and trying to find his way!!! Do like the T brothers though :drunk

Kori Ellis
03-03-2005, 05:12 PM
Jason, Rob, Vex and Walter are all good people.

Talk radio is just a matter of personal taste. I know people who love Vex and hate Walter, and others the opposite. I (this probably isn't good to admit) very rarely listen unless I'm listening for some specific reason.

Do any of you listen to the sportstalk show on KLUP on Monday afternoons with Calvin and Rudy? They are good guys, but I haven't had a chance to listen to their show. People have told me it's very good.

JoeChalupa
03-03-2005, 05:22 PM
Yeah, I've heard their show. I didn't know it was only on Monday afternoons though.

mouse
03-03-2005, 09:21 PM
Jason and Rob are just as cool as they are on the radio when you meet them in person and get to do some radio shows with them.
No acting, just them and their opinions.

bro if you knew what they were saying after you were on the radio? I don't think you would feel the same, But I understand, after all I still run into folks who say Johnny Bottom line is still alive. Ask Kori, radio and TV folks are some of the most back stabbing people you will ever meet in your life.
If you only knew how Jeff and Walter really feel about each other you would understand my point.

Why do you think KORI is not on the radio? She won't kiss there ass's.......

Yo ALAMO 50 send me an E mail,,,,
I have a rare insert from The San Antonio news paper. they had to say Rose was traded, Very cool........

NeoConIV
03-04-2005, 01:05 AM
Who gives a rat what any of them are like in person? Are they moving in next door?

davi78239
03-04-2005, 02:38 AM
hey, what time does that show come on on KLUP on Mondays?

PeterBurns
03-04-2005, 02:26 PM
Sweet Feedback
I'm with Maxpower about losing Bruno, that sucked serious balls.

Smackie Chan
03-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Who gives a rat what any of them are like in person? Are they moving in next door?

why would you care you live in your basement. when was the last GTG you went to? maybe your kinda anal also that's why you got their backs..
You seem that way to me

NeoConIV
03-05-2005, 02:35 AM
why would you care you live in your basement. when was the last GTG you went to? maybe your kinda anal also that's why you got their backs..
You seem that way to me

That's classic. I'm being judged by how many GTG's I've been to. Mouse, we all know that you're the GTG Grand Champion of San Antonio. I'm just a hard working family man. Sorry if I can't make all the GTG's and see what pricks the Thompson brothers really are. I guess I have a life. Damn the luck.

mouse
03-05-2005, 02:41 AM
Maybe next time you will keep your pie hole shut

NeoConIV
03-05-2005, 02:49 AM
Thompson Brothers OWN!!!