2centsworth
01-26-2009, 12:45 PM
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jensenl/visuals/album/michigan/

clambake
01-26-2009, 12:54 PM
nice.

Heath Ledger
01-26-2009, 12:57 PM
I spent a week on South Manitou Island when I was a teen, it was perhaps the most beautiful place I've ever visited. We had several nights with meteor showers that were just awesome.

DarkReign
01-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Northern Lights near Alpena on Hubbard Lake. I'll never forget that. Stunning doesnt quite put it into words.

desflood
01-26-2009, 01:54 PM
I'll say it again.

Texas sucks.

MoSpur
01-26-2009, 01:57 PM
That is gorgeous. Never been, but now I want to go. Thanks for sharing.

balli
01-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Cool pics.

Jekka
01-26-2009, 03:14 PM
I've been wanting to go up to the UP ever since I moved up to MI (where most of those pictures on the site are from, excepting Sleeping Bear) - hopefully that will happen this summer. I took these pictures at Hartwick Pines State Park near Graying back in October:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3136/2953223743_c23fcd0d0c.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3203/2954073162_feec1726f4.jpg?v=0

Crookshanks
01-26-2009, 04:03 PM
I grew up in Michigan and have been to many of those places - makes me homesick! I hate winter - but I do miss having 4 seasons. There's nothing so beautiful as when the trees turn in fall.

I remember going to Sleeping Bear Dunes as a kid and climbing to the top and then trying to run down them without falling. The sand at Lake Michigan is so white and beautiful. I also loved visiting Mackinaw Island - every time I watch "Somewhere in Time" I think about it.

Thanks for posting those beautiful pics!

DarkReign
01-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Hartwick Pines State Park near Graying back in October:

Did you mean Grayling?

DarkReign
01-26-2009, 05:18 PM
I grew up in Michigan and have been to many of those places - makes me homesick! I hate winter - but I do miss having 4 seasons. There's nothing so beautiful as when the trees turn in fall.

I remember going to Sleeping Bear Dunes as a kid and climbing to the top and then trying to run down them without falling. The sand at Lake Michigan is so white and beautiful. I also loved visiting Mackinaw Island - every time I watch "Somewhere in Time" I think about it.

Thanks for posting those beautiful pics!

Youre originially from MI? West side I presume (possibly north).

Jekka
01-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Did you mean Grayling?

Yup, that's the one. Typo.

CubanMustGo
01-26-2009, 05:28 PM
I'll say it again.

Texas sucks.

Except in the dead of winter. :downspin:

samikeyp
01-26-2009, 05:30 PM
I'll say it again.

Texas sucks.

I disagree.

Both have stunning scenery and plenty of things to do but yet while they have those things in common, there are so many differences that make both places special. Its not a matter of better, its a matter of different.

samikeyp
01-26-2009, 05:31 PM
I've been wanting to go up to the UP ever since I moved up to MI (where most of those pictures on the site are from, excepting Sleeping Bear) - hopefully that will happen this summer. I took these pictures at Hartwick Pines State Park near Graying back in October:

Erica and I feel the same, I think we are going to try this summer.

Crookshanks
01-26-2009, 07:57 PM
Youre originially from MI? West side I presume (possibly north).

Actually no - I grew up in Flint - my dad worked for AC Spark Plug for over 40 years.

PakiDan
01-26-2009, 08:06 PM
I thought this was going to be a Jekka tribute thread... dissapointed.

IceColdBrewski
01-26-2009, 09:41 PM
I'll be sure to add it to my "nice place to visit, but wouldn't want to live there" list. I refuse to live anywhere that requires an ice scraper and a snow shovel just to get out of the driveway.

DarkReign
01-26-2009, 09:46 PM
I'll be sure to add it to my "nice place to visit, but wouldn't want to live there" list. I refuse to live anywhere that requires an ice scraper and a snow shovel just to get out of the driveway.

:lmao You wouldnt last anyway...

IceColdBrewski
01-26-2009, 10:49 PM

Got that right. Because I'd be smart enough to move my ass to someplace warm as soon as possible.

Vizzini
01-26-2009, 10:51 PM

At least not this winter anyway.... I cannot remember a cold spell that lasted this long.... I normally don't mind the cold so much... but I find myself rooting for the temps to break 20 degrees

IceColdBrewski
01-26-2009, 11:00 PM
I spent 2 years in Montana. Learned enough there to know that harsh winters suck ass. I was grillin brats on my back porch today in shorts and a t-shirt here in SA. Meanwhile, the folks in Michigan were pluggin in their cars just to make sure it would start in the morning. If they're lucky, they won't have to wake up an hour early to shovel snow out of the driveway. God bless em indeed.

Chief
01-26-2009, 11:06 PM
Really Nice Pics

I got Michigan Beat if I ever put up Pics of Costa Rica.

DarkReign
01-27-2009, 10:06 AM
Got that right. Because I'd be smart enough to move my ass to someplace warm as soon as possible.

I spent 2 years in Montana. Learned enough there to know that harsh winters suck ass. I was grillin brats on my back porch today in shorts and a t-shirt here in SA. Meanwhile, the folks in Michigan were pluggin in their cars just to make sure it would start in the morning. If they're lucky, they won't have to wake up an hour early to shovel snow out of the driveway. God bless em indeed.

Ooooh, calm down, Francis. No reason to get all self-righteous and start busting on people who live in cold weather states because your thin blood cant.

Its cool, man. You dont do cold, that totally fine. Me and the other bearded villagers understand.

DarkReign
01-27-2009, 10:06 AM
At least not this winter anyway.... I cannot remember a cold spell that lasted this long.... I normally don't mind the cold so much... but I find myself rooting for the temps to break 20 degrees

No doubt. Its freezing.

DarkReign
01-27-2009, 10:07 AM
BTW, nice thread, 2cents.

samikeyp
01-27-2009, 10:24 AM
I am on my third winter here.

You take some extra time, dress in layers and use common sense and you will be just fine.

I love having 4 seasons. Not 100% crazy about winter but Spring, Summer and Fall are awesome.