PDA

View Full Version : Does Malik being gone really effect the team!!!!!!!!!

dashezy
03-02-2005, 02:52 PM
I dont think that him being gone really effected the team that much, but he was an important value at times!

bigzak25
03-02-2005, 03:43 PM
sure. we'll miss his low post hustle in june...but hopefully not enough to cost our spurs the trophy. if the spurs don't win it all, malik's absence will be talked about endlessly.

waly.mg
03-02-2005, 03:50 PM
Now yes, but no in the Playoffs

whottt
03-02-2005, 03:51 PM
I think it' definitely having an impact right now...the dude was here for 8 years. I think as the season goes on the impact of him leaving will diminish...

The fact that a new guy has to be broken into the team, learn the D and the plays, will also have an impact to slow momentum just a bit.

I mean Malik knew the team inside and out...now we have a guy learning it on the fly.

Still...this team is a dominant team and still the favorite to win the title. But I'll still say that Malik would have been nice to have if we end up facing Miami or another tough interior team...like Detroit.

CHAMPS AGAIN
03-02-2005, 03:59 PM
I dont think that him being gone really effected the team that much, but he was an important value at times!

Another one that has change screen name :elephant :elephant :drunk :drunk

Spurgal
03-02-2005, 07:09 PM
It only affects the team to a certain point. For example, Malik was the true spirit In the team on and off the bench. When he played he tried his best and when he was on the bench he was the first one to react to his team mates moves..The first one to always stand up and wave the towel, the first one to high five them...Now, that's what the team will miss. Other than that, I'm sure the Spurs will be ok...

SequSpur
03-02-2005, 07:53 PM
I saw Malik during numerous timouts last year sitting at the end of the bench and not even getting up to go in the huddle. I would back off on the true spirit crap about Malik, that dude was the leading complainer and cry baby last year.

Step back from the sympathy card and figure out why he is no longer here.

Dude couldn't play, he has no hands, he doesn't have a good mental idea of how the game is played and he was way overpaid.

Simma down.

Spurgal
03-02-2005, 09:26 PM
I saw Malik during numerous timouts last year sitting at the end of the bench and not even getting up to go in the huddle. I would back off on the true spirit crap about Malik, that dude was the leading complainer and cry baby last year.

Step back from the sympathy card and figure out why he is no longer here.

Dude couldn't play, he has no hands, he doesn't have a good mental idea of how the game is played and he was way overpaid.

Simma down.

Whatever you say, SequSpur... :rolleyes

ZStomp
03-02-2005, 09:29 PM
Why is everything in bold Spursgal?

GoldToe
03-02-2005, 10:45 PM
Of course it has an effect on the Team. How could it not? The team is not the same without Malik. Not better or worse but simply not the same.

Spurgal
03-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Why is everything in bold Spursgal?

Because I love It!

SequSpur
03-02-2005, 11:45 PM
Isn't there a Knick forum for you to go stalk Malik at?

He is no longer here.

Spurgal
03-02-2005, 11:47 PM
Isn't there a Knick forum for you to go stalk Malik at?

He is no longer here.

I wish you were no longer here!

kskonn
03-03-2005, 12:22 AM
I have to say that I often do not agree with Segu but on this I do. Yes Malik was a big emotional part of the spurs, but they do not need him to continue to be the team they want to be. Tim Duncan and Pop will not let him leaving be an issue, either will Tony or Manu. or horry or rasho, my point is the whole team is behind what Pop does. and from the sounds of the cheers for Nazr tonight so are the most of the fans.

Spurgal
03-03-2005, 12:39 AM
I have to say that I often do not agree with Segu but on this I do. Yes Malik was a big emotional part of the spurs, but they do not need him to continue to be the team they want to be. Tim Duncan and Pop will not let him leaving be an issue, either will Tony or Manu. or horry or rasho, my point is the whole team is behind what Pop does. and from the sounds of the cheers for Nazr tonight so are the most of the fans.

Is that why Nazr has been playing so much since he got here... :lol

kskonn
03-03-2005, 12:46 AM
Is that why Nazr has been playing so much since he got here... :lol

He hasn't been playing much since he stay in San Antonio. It couldn't have to do with the fact the spurs system is complex and takes time to learn, or that rasho has been playing better. the point is your right, he has not been playing a lot and that has not affected the spurs, therefore not having Malik has not affected them either. Show me a specific example from the last three games where having Malik would have changed things.

Spurgal
03-03-2005, 12:52 AM
It only affects the team to a certain point. For example, Malik was the true spirit In the team on and off the bench. When he played he tried his best and when he was on the bench he was the first one to react to his team mates moves..The first one to always stand up and wave the towel, the first one to high five them...Now, that's what the team will miss. Other than that, I'm sure the Spurs will be ok...

It's exactly what I said on an earlier post.
The Spurs are ok with or with out Malik but then again, Malik Is ok with or without the Spurs... The dude hasn't died! Just went to another team... As for Nazr, he needs to start showing what he's really made of... How much time does he need to learn the ropes? Next Season maybe. :lol
All I can say Is that the Spurs were doing fine before the trade we didn't need another so called shadow for Rasho...

kskonn
03-03-2005, 12:58 AM
I never said that Malik was dead. I hope he does well. But I am certainly not going to let my fondness of Malik cause me to be Bias towards Nazr. He has had only two games with playing time. I personally think that if he learns the system well he can be a better player for the role the spurs need him to fill on the court. Give the guy a break he has only had 20 minutes of time and one practice. It is not his fault Malik got traded. But in your honest opinion, do you not believe that with his size and ability that he could be a good lane stuffer to back up either Rasho or Tim? why or why not.

Spurgal
03-03-2005, 01:21 AM
I never said that Malik was dead. I hope he does well. But I am certainly not going to let my fondness of Malik cause me to be Bias towards Nazr. He has had only two games with playing time. I personally think that if he learns the system well he can be a better player for the role the spurs need him to fill on the court. Give the guy a break he has only had 20 minutes of time and one practice. It is not his fault Malik got traded. But in your honest opinion, do you not believe that with his size and ability that he could be a good lane stuffer to back up either Rasho or Tim? why or why not.

I just feel that no player needs a shadow... And I know that It's not Nazr's fault that Malik was traded, but no good player like Nazr needs too much time to feel the silver & black running through his blood.

SLOVENIAN 8
03-03-2005, 03:33 AM
Yes!

cqsallie
03-03-2005, 03:59 AM
As soon as Pop gives me the chance to welcome Nazr with open arms, I will do so! By the same token, it seems that Nazr has indeed taken Malik's place - mostly on the bench. Let the guy into the game and give him (and the fans) a chance to see how he fits in. I haven't been satisfied with the herky-jerky substitutions for quite some time. I still think that Manu would have been warming the bench if the rest of the world hadn't started yelling his name.

Slo spurs fan
03-03-2005, 04:11 AM
As soon as Pop gives me the chance to welcome Nazr with open arms, I will do so! By the same token, it seems that Nazr has indeed taken Malik's place - mostly on the bench. Let the guy into the game and give him (and the fans) a chance to see how he fits in. I haven't been satisfied with the herky-jerky substitutions for quite some time. I still think that Manu would have been warming the bench if the rest of the world hadn't started yelling his name.

You are just joking right? Becouse you canīt be that dumb to think that is true.