PDA

View Full Version : Alexis Ajinca?...

spursnatic
01-26-2009, 05:36 PM
How do you guys feel about Alexis Ajinca?...With the Bobcats pretty loaded with big men, do you think we could get him?..We could give up Jacque Vaughn, Tiago Splitter's rights and some cash for him?.....:lobt::lobt::lobt:::lobt:lobt2:flag::

tav1
01-26-2009, 05:49 PM
Ajinca looks really good on video, but he's strictly a project at this point...

If it's an 11th hour, can't bring in a player that will help but want to do something kind of deal, then he'd be a good acquisition and would make up for not having a draft pick this summer. But why would Charlotte give him up for JV and player who they can't use?

Admidave50
01-26-2009, 05:52 PM
hmm he never plays for the bobcats..

Austin_Toros
01-26-2009, 05:53 PM
well he's French which would be good for the spurs.
he's kind of like Mahinmi although Ajinca is actually healthy

tav1
01-26-2009, 06:08 PM
Austin Toros...why do you think he's like Mahinmi? They're both black and French, I'll grant you that, but their skills sets are not the same.

jag
01-26-2009, 07:04 PM
Austin Toros...why do you think he's like Mahinmi? They're both black and French, I'll grant you that, but their skills sets are not the same.

Compare and contrast their skill sets.

spursnatic
01-26-2009, 07:16 PM
I bet anything Ajinca is who the SPURS had their eyes on in last years draft?...I bet they would've taken him in front of George Hill if he would've been available?...:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::flag:

Brazil
01-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Alexis has the size with an obvious potential but he is still a project, he couldn't help the spurs immediately: he is playing 7 minutes with the bobcats. What the spurs need is a big that can bring something right now not in 1 or 2 years.

mogrovejo
01-26-2009, 08:38 PM
Ajinca was the 2nd biggest reach in this draft after Joe Alexander (or even the biggest). He'd be a reach for Ainge with the 30th. To give up Splitter's rights for him is absolutely crazy. Ajinca is Patrick O'Bryant at this point of his career. The chances he'll ever become a decent basketball player exist but aren't very big.

If you're that interested in trading Splitter, I'm sure Ainge would trade any of our bench players for him. Powe is a baller...

mrspurs
01-27-2009, 10:18 AM
Ajinca was the 2nd biggest reach in this draft after Joe Alexander (or even the biggest). He'd be a reach for Ainge with the 30th. To give up Splitter's rights for him is absolutely crazy. Ajinca is Patrick O'Bryant at this point of his career. The chances he'll ever become a decent basketball player exist but aren't very big.

If you're that interested in trading Splitter, I'm sure Ainge would trade any of our bench players for him. Powe is a baller...

So it sounds like the guys isnt very good. Oh heck dont tell the FO. They've been set on grabbing meaningless bigs for years now.